You found the Easteregg! - UPDATE

Comments

• Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    edited April 2017
    If it were a PS uHub that would be sublime, but I don't think it is :( here is all I can think of for now...

I could be some fancy custom button caps for the current uHUB OR a an add on / extension to the current CSWv2.5 base!

Perhaps a device adds extra functionality to the CSWv2 (like a button box but not a button box)

It could connect to the V2 USB or the uHUB USB and/or connect to the base via the 4 screws that are used for the static shifters maybe? It could allow you to use extra functionality that was added to the CSWv2.5(hence the 2 devices in the control panel driver) and /or could ADD extra functions to the base such as cruise control, speed limiter headlights etc etc... that can all be set in the new (second) CSW v2.5 menu maybe? So like a dashboard maybe for the new upcoming PS base OR an existing base?

Very interesting none the less... when will you tell us Thomas :)
  • edited April 2017
    It's not plastic, anyway not the blue part. Seems like blue anodised metal. The button layout doesn't make sense to be part of a wheelbase so I believe it's part of an upcoming wheel, probably Gran Turismo related. With the PS4 button/logo in placed the centre it could be the centre plate of the new wheel, but it also seems to be retangular shaped which doesn't make sense to be part of a wheel (and Thomas already revealed it isn't part of a wheel nor a buttonbox).  

Furthermore, the picture is upside down and I can't place the CruiseControl logo. That doesn't make sense at all for a game related item or Thomas has bought himself the first self riding car made by Sony. I think that's what it is.
  • A Fanatec/Playstation compatibility adapter. And more specifically dedicated to the next Gran Turismo Sport games.

Who gives the right answer, wins the article?
    It would be nice.

I hope that will be the case, only one answer per person, and that the best wins.
    It is just an idea on my part, it does not, in any case, Fanatec ou Thomas Jackermeier.
  • Direct drive ps4 wheel base.
  • WOW a universel hub with inchangeble buttons wow
  • A button box maybe ?
    No. And this was my last hint. :smile:
    That
    A button box maybe ?
    I'll be gutted if this is not a ps4 wheel convertor. It's like dangling a biscuit in front of a starving child then telling him he still can't eat it!
  • If this let's me use my current set up on ps4I'll preorder right away.
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    A button box maybe ?
    I'll be gutted if this is not a ps4 wheel convertor. It's like dangling a biscuit in front of a starving child then telling him he still can't eat it!
    There are already several converters on the market which work well. Why would we make another one?

We rather make something which has not be done before. Not even on PC.
  • A control surface for sim race broadcasting.
  • Either that or its for Euro Truck simulator.
  • A button box maybe ?
    There are already several converters on the market which work well. Why would we make another one?

Is it never done before by fanatec, or never done before by anyone?
    What you see on the picture has never be done by anyone :)
  • What you see on the picture has never be done by anyone :)
    How long until release Thomas?
    Very soon
  • is it something that we can attach/use with the current line of products or will it be a stand alone product?

• I am sad I wasn't chosen to beta test this :( Whatever it is.
  • edited April 2017

I really like these kind of statements. That's exactly what I expect from Fanatec! MANY THANKS!!!!

I'm ready to complete my shopping cart with this item here - whatever it will be at the end.

So far my shopping cart looks like this:
    - ClubSport Pedale V3 Dämper Kit
    - ClubSport Pedale V3 Brake Performance Kit
    - This beatiful thing here - I call it ClubSport Easter Egg V1
    - And of course the upcomming PS4 wheel base

Cheers
  • Bike controller?
  • Heureka! I think, i've got it!
    It's a .....device with buttons, which has never be done by anyone.
    Right? Right! What i have won now? :D

BTW .... that's absolutely fantastic! Well done, Fanatec. Everyone will need one. My life was incomplete 'til now. With this button device, life will become awesome.

;)
  • edited April 2017
    I get it ! It is custom button caps !
    Great idea !
    I never remember what I map on my buttons !
  • I get it ! It is custom button caps !
    Great idea !
    I never remember what I map on my buttons !
    That would genuinely be very disappointing. However, I'm not sure it is the case as there is no current gen Playstation wheel so why the PS logo button.
  • edited April 2017
    The picture looks upside down. At least we have the symbol for the speed limiter with its buttons for increase and decrease of the speed. The ! normaly is a red symbol in truck Displays and indicates a problem with the braking system. I don't see the functionality of this as a button. And then we have the Playstation Logo. Maybe indeed something relatet with a truck simulator. Maybe a complete Truck Simulator Dashboard die Playstation.
  • Yes it looks like handbrake, speed limiter + up and down... for euro truck simulator...

mh, don't think its actually a ps button
  • edited April 2017
    I do not agree :

• I bet thomas is just trolling us, putting simbols all on the wrong places.

I bet thomas is just trolling us, putting simbols all on the wrong places.

Hi hi. There is some truth in that.
    :P
  • edited April 2017
    I bet thomas is just trolling us, putting simbols all on the wrong places.

Hi hi. There is some truth in that.
    :P
    so that would brake is circle on the controller, the speedometer is x annd the arrows are left and right or up and down.

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    edited April 2017
    Thomas likes to push our buttons  :))