Introducing our first officially licensed racing wheel for PlayStation®4 (PS4™) - UPDATE 1

Comments

• edited May 2017
    Will the base also be sold separately, without steering wheel? I already got bmw and formula! If you send me an CSL elite base, i will return the V2, i do not have time to put it on sale :smiley: If it was ps4 compatible as when I bought it, now I would not have any problems. :-w
    What's not to understand in this sentence? Quote from above.. "Please note that the steering wheel will not be sold separately FOR NOW."
    The Bold part of your statement!!! This is the better Question???

"Please note that the steering wheel will not be sold separately FOR NOW."

Hhhhmmm??? Not sold separately for Now....Hmmmm what does this seem to imply??? From what i understand is the PS4 compatibility is Built into the wheel base---> Therefore i see no big Need to sell the wheel Rim separately Unless??? its really Cheap and affordable or  :-\" Hhhmmm
    :-O  --> <:-P
  • Ryan HammRyan Hamm Member
    edited May 2017
    Looks like a really nice piece of kit.  I'd consider an extra wheel but not a new wheel and wheel base since my V2 still works fine.  I'll stick with the PC master race so I don't have to deal with this exclusivity garbage from MS, Sony and peripheral manufacturers.
  • Ryan Hamm said:
    Looks like a really nice piece of kit.  I'd consider an extra wheel but not a new wheel and wheel base since my V2 still works fine.  I'll stick with the PC master race so I don't have to deal with this exclusivity garbage from MS, Sony and peripheral manufacturers.
    Agree 100% although I'm sure its a good wheel i have No need for it since i went to PC and already have a v2 & v2.5---> How ever if by some Miracle a PS4 compatible Rim that is say of the Porsche 918 quality ever becomes available i would be willing to pay top $$$ for it!!! i would pay the full bundle price for it!!!<--- what a bargain that would be for $ony!!! less product given out but same $$$ made!!! nothing but huge profit!!!...alas just wishful thinking
  • Really hate to bring the bad news to US guys. But this was already known a long time. Thomas said this in the PS compatibility topic. Quote: Good News! I am happy to announce that we finally signed an Agreement with Sony Computer Entertainment Europe for an officially licensed racing Wheel for the PlayStation 4. Of Course we are in discussions with other regions as well and our target is to make a fully compatible racing wheel for Gran Turismo Sport and other great racing simulations in 2017.
  • Ryan Hamm said:
    Agree 100% although I'm sure its a good wheel i have No need for it since i went to PC and already have a v2 & v2.5---> How ever if by some Miracle a PS4 compatible Rim that is say of the Porsche 918 quality ever becomes available i would be willing to pay top $$$ for it!!! i would pay the full bundle price for it!!!<--- what a bargain that would be for $ony!!! less product given out but same $$$ made!!! nothing but huge profit!!!...alas just wishful thinking
    PS compatibility is provided by the base... Since every other rim is compatible...
  • I just would like to know why the case looks different compared to that one we've seen before???
  • edited May 2017
    Sorry for double post. But I missed one picture. Ups, I forgot one more thing: THANK YOU Thomas that you obviously convinced Sony!!!
  • In what way does it seem different Thorsten? Fanatec picture is taken in optimum circumstances, and the amateur pics have a lot of reflection on it. Just enlarge both... And you'll see they're the same
  • Sold my Clubsport base v2 only to find out the USA got left out. Like many others have done and go buy that Thrustmaster crap Wheel, I'm all set on that. I guess It's time sell my Clubsport V3 Pedals and my Clubsport V1.5 SQ Shifter go back the controller. Thanks, Fanatec. 

Dont need to sell the pedals thrustmaster and basherbord u can use together Thrustmaster and Fanatec pedals into basherboard and into ps 4 that works
    Ya, I know about the adaptor, thanks. I'm 46 years old and survived without a wheel until 8 years ago and if they Fanatec don't give the US the ps4 base soon I'm done with them and selling the rest of my Fanatec gear and going back to the couch and controller. I will not buy any other wheel. I've had GT2 wheel CSr Wheel 2 CSW v2.
  • I am looking at the Australian store and so close to getting one.

I just have a few questions to Thomas:

a. is the quick release the same as the one in the CSW v2/v2.5 or like the CSL that needed a tightening screw?

b. should I ignore the warnings about not being endorsed by Sony and get the CS Inverted Pedals and the CS Shifter
  • edited June 2017

Good job Fanatec Crew for getting through the issues in putting out a PS4 compatible wheel!! I am a little disappointed that PS4 wheel cannot be sold yet in the USA but I get the reasoning. I am new to racing/gaming on the PC. I've done all my gaming & racing on PlayStation consoles. I wanted to upgrade from my Logitech G29 wheel, pedals, and very very AWFUL H-shifter. The ability to purchase a new Fanatec wheel base that was fully compatible with the PC & PS4 would have been nice. Since GT Sport is the only PS4 exclusive game I wanted to play, I might just get the V2.5 wheel-base & BMW wheel and play F1 2017, Assetto Corsa, and Project CARS II on the PC. 

• We will also have a special introduction bundle which will be attractive especially to new customers. For just 519,95 € you get a complete set with CSL Elite Pedals.
    Is there a bundle like this for Australia? Thanks
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    Sold my Clubsport base v2 only to find out the USA got left out. Like many others have done and go buy that Thrustmaster crap Wheel, I'm all set on that. I guess It's time sell my Clubsport V3 Pedals and my Clubsport V1.5 SQ Shifter go back the controller. Thanks, Fanatec. 

Dont need to sell the pedals thrustmaster and basherbord u can use together Thrustmaster and Fanatec pedals into basherboard and into ps 4 that works
    Ya, I know about the adaptor, thanks. I'm 46 years old and survived without a wheel until 8 years ago and if they Fanatec don't give the US the ps4 base soon I'm done with them and selling the rest of my Fanatec gear and going back to the couch and controller. I will not buy any other wheel. I've had GT2 wheel CSr Wheel 2 CSW v2.
    We are really on it and it should not take too long. But it is definitely not in our hands so I cannot promise you anything.
    edited June 2017
    Aiden Toh said:
    I am looking at the Australian store and so close to getting one.

I just have a few questions to Thomas:

a. is the quick release the same as the one in the CSW v2/v2.5 or like the CSL that needed a tightening screw?

b. should I ignore the warnings about not being endorsed by Sony and get the CS Inverted Pedals and the CS Shifter
    a) It is the same but you do not need to tighten any screw if you use it with ClubSport steering wheels. The CSL and CSL Elite steering wheels need a tightening screw.

b) It is not tested by Sony but it was of course tested by us and the peripherals will all work fine. It is a legal requirement of Sony to put such a message in the webshop description.
    Alan Dias said:
    We will also have a special introduction bundle which will be attractive especially to new customers. For just 519,95 € you get a complete set with CSL Elite Pedals.
    Is there a bundle like this for Australia? Thanks
    Yes. We will probably put it online today.
  • are there any chance to buy the base only, for those of us that already have some fanatec rims (3 in my case)? Also interested if there are a discount for V2 owners. Thank you! :)
    are there any chance to buy the base only, for those of us that already have some fanatec rims (3 in my case)? Also interested if there are a discount for V2 owners. Thank you! :)
    We will try to get the base licensed as a standalone product as this seems possible for other manufacturers as well but this can take a long time.

And the new Elite P1 is really a great wheel. In terms of weight, diameter, looks and shift feel it might become the most popular of all our steering wheels for some people.
  • "Please take note that the CSL Elite Wheel Base (PS4™ version) hole pattern is NOT compatible to the discontinued CSL Seat."

Is there an adapter or an other solution to stick it on the CSL Seat?

Are the other two bases also not compatible to the CSL Seat?

• edited June 2017

• edited June 2017
    are there any chance to buy the base only, for those of us that already have some fanatec rims (3 in my case)? Also interested if there are a discount for V2 owners. Thank you! :)
    We will try to get the base licensed as a standalone product as this seems possible for other manufacturers as well but this can take a long time.

And the new Elite P1 is really a great wheel. In terms of weight, diameter, looks and shift feel it might become the most popular of all our steering wheels for some people.

I really like the new wheel but i've already the P1 and the UH with also a 30cm OMP.... I read the story and i know that's sony fault... But it's normal that people like me (that already buy an expensive kit when v2 seems compatible with ps4... And when it costs € 750) hope to have an official ps4 support with spending the less are possible. ;) So, for now, cronusmax its the only solution... :(
  • Sime ColakSime Colak Member
    edited June 2017

That wheel looks nice. Might get it for my V2 once it is sold separetly.

• edited June 2017
    I have one question Tomas about csl:

people who bought CSL ELITE ( first model) can't play on PS4, you should make compatible with a external kit or similar. I think  it is unfair the fact that you had put on sale CSL ELITE some months before and now this one that it is compatible with all platforms.

What is your opinion about it?
  • edited June 2017
    There seems to be something wrong on the Fanatec home page!

This link is not working properly as it only leads back to the bundle page agin instead of the product details page of the new PS4 wheel. Just click on the new PS4 Elite base in the bundle page and you will see...

A click on the new wheel should be linked to this one.

• The good news (to me) is that the new wheel base has PS4 compatibility BUILT RIGHT IN, so you can now use the 918 Spyder wheel on the PS4!!! 

Damn. I wish I could forgo the cheaper wheel and just get the wheel base with a nicer rim - and maybe add a cheap Xbox 1 rim for compatibility. 

I have one question Tomas about csl:

people who bought CSL ELITE ( first model) can't play on PS4, you should make compatible with a external kit or similar. I think  it is unfair the fact that you had put on sale CSL ELITE some months before and now this one that it is compatible with all platforms.

What is your opinion about it?
    I do not see anything "unfair" here but I feel your pain. As soon as you buy a new gadget there will be something better on the market. They key to happiness is to be happy with what you have and this is true not only for steering wheels. You have a great wheel base and in fact we still continue to sell this product.
  • Thanks Thomas for your faster answer. You are right about my happiness with your products, i was making a suggestion for you, you would make customers happiers
  • Hi Thomas, will there ever be another Fanatec "all-in one" wheel again? that was one of the reasons i bought the 911 wheel in the past, when you are racing on all platforms it is a pain, not to say very expensive to constant change wheel on your "rig".
  • Helo Thomas, The bundle gives a great discount of 70 € for a purchase of 519 €. Yesterday I order for 1035 € without discount. We just have a little impression, to be strongly loser in the story. Why, such a big difference? This is not a criticism, just a question. Thank you in advance for your answer.
    Hi Thomas, will there ever be another Fanatec "all-in one" wheel again? that was one of the reasons i bought the 911 wheel in the past, when you are racing on all platforms it is a pain, not to say very expensive to constant change wheel on your "rig".
    Not sure what you mean or if you understand this product. If you have a X1 compatible steering wheel mounted then you don't need to change anything.
    Helo Thomas, The bundle gives a great discount of 70 € for a purchase of 519 €. Yesterday I order for 1035 € without discount. We just have a little impression, to be strongly loser in the story. Why, such a big difference? This is not a criticism, just a question. Thank you in advance for your answer.
    This new bundle is tailored especially for new customers which are coming from other brands or for Fanatec customers which want to upgrade from an older Porsche or CSR wheel.