Introducing our first officially licensed racing wheel for PlayStation®4 (PS4™) - UPDATE 1

Comments

• edited June 2017
    Hi Thomas, will there ever be another Fanatec "all-in one" wheel again? that was one of the reasons i bought the 911 wheel in the past, when you are racing on all platforms it is a pain, not to say very expensive to constant change wheel on your "rig".
    Not sure what you mean or if you understand this product. If you have a X1 compatible steering wheel mounted then you don't need to change anything.
    Ah! ok, thought this wheelbase was PS4 only :)
  • Commande faite
  • Can you promise that your future DD-wheelbase also have compability for both consoles too?

Let's face it, I'll never buy separate wheelbase just for PS4, especially when I have my CSW V2  bolted directly to raceseat, as most simracers have, I can't start to change/uninstall/install different wheelbase everytime when I would want to change between my PS4/ XOne/ Pc.

But 'cause I have huge amount of Fanatec's wheels/hubs, I'm interested to buy DD when Fanatec bring it out. As said, it really should be compatible with those 3 plataforms, otherwise it would be quite failure at start.
  • Hi Thomas. I am still waiting to hear about PS3 support? Can I play Gran Turismo 6 on PS3 with this base? Does it have still the retro compatibility? Because I need to finish this game before moving to GT Sport. And the CSL ELITE WHEEL BASE is perfect for multiplatorm.

Many thanks for your answer.

Regards, Andrej.
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    Andrej,

there is no PS3 compatibility I am afraid.

Rami,

the upcoming DD wheel will not be PS4 compatible but in future this might happen.
  • Alan Dias said:
    We will also have a special introduction bundle which will be attractive especially to new customers. For just 519,95 € you get a complete set with CSL Elite Pedals.
    Is there a bundle like this for Australia? Thanks
    Yes. We will probably put it online today.
    Hold up... I already payed 499. Plus shipping and there's a bundle the day after for pedal set..that's not fair...that's what I get for paying early. I bought a csl elite Base already which I don't even need and it's barely 3 months old.

•   They key to happiness is to be happy with what you have and this is true not only for steering wheels.
    so philisophic..... ;)
  • How long before we are able to purchase in the US? Weeks? Months?
  • edited June 2017

Andrej,
    That's indeed a missing feature e.g. for GT6 and Shift 2! So I would be well advised to keep my GT3 RS V2 wheel as well. It's just four screws to change the base whenever I need to switch between PS4 and PS3... That's ok for me.
  • Andrej,

Rami,

the upcoming DD wheel will not be PS4 compatible but in future this might happen.
    In what way do you see that Thomas, cause now the base holds the ps4 chip. So if you're selling first batch DD without it and later on with chip... Those who want it firstly are left in the cold. And if you develop a new rim... We'd be stuck with another investment that has exclusive compatibility in our collection... That would be no 6 in my case. Hope Sony agrees to let you develop a dongle, something like the Porsche one, to let us use the first batch DD wheel bases. And if they do I hope to get some discount for giving you this idea ;)
    John, Please contact our sales team and they are happy to change your order and make a refund. John, I cannot make any promises but rest assured that we are trying hard to make it happen as early as possible. It will not be a matter of days, though. Antoine Any type of adapter, dongle or converter cannot be licensed at this point and I doubt it will ever happen. But there are already unlicensed options out there which will probably work with our unlicensed wheels as well.
  • edited June 2017
    Sony also uses a dongle to make the Official licensed PS4 2.0 headset, work on ps4 in stead of Bluetooth ...so who knows ;) It's almost like you're advertising those adapters to make people keep their V2(.5) LoL Anyways... I'd buy the DD in a blink... I also decided to buy a pc.. Upgraded it a bit and I can now play every racing game in ultra settings, if game offers it. But due to some communities... I keep playing on ps4 too. But X1 has left me out in the cold in so many ways, that it's collecting dust atm. Thanx for each and every great product I got to own since V2 anyways... Kudos for you and the whole Fanatec team. Using your gear brings me happiness!!!
  • John, Please contact our sales team and they are happy to change your order and make a refund. John, I cannot make any promises but rest assured that we are trying hard to make it happen as early as possible. It will not be a matter of days, though. Antoine Any type of adapter, dongle or converter cannot be licensed at this point and I doubt it will ever happen. But there are already unlicensed options out there which will probably work with our unlicensed wheels as well.
    It's too late. I'm not gonna bother. I've just ordered a clubs port hand brake as well. I'm disappointed because I will have to sell my csl Base which is still brand new. If I had pedals I could have sold the Base easier. Thats all.
  • Thomas, will you let us know in advance when you are getting ready to release the PS4 base in the US? While I've enjoyed reloading these pages many times per day over the last few weeks, it's not sustainable :-) Just give us a heads up and I'll gladly order the US version and a new pedal set on day 1.

Thanks!

-J
  • edited June 2017
    John, Please contact our sales team and they are happy to change your order and make a refund. John, I cannot make any promises but rest assured that we are trying hard to make it happen as early as possible. It will not be a matter of days, though. Antoine Any type of adapter, dongle or converter cannot be licensed at this point and I doubt it will ever happen. But there are already unlicensed options out there which will probably work with our unlicensed wheels as well.
    Cool! I sent a message now to change my order to the bundle :)
    Looking forward to this, I have the T300 now and think this will be a step up? :)

• John, Please contact our sales team and they are happy to change your order and make a refund. John, I cannot make any promises but rest assured that we are trying hard to make it happen as early as possible. It will not be a matter of days, though. Antoine Any type of adapter, dongle or converter cannot be licensed at this point and I doubt it will ever happen. But there are already unlicensed options out there which will probably work with our unlicensed wheels as well.
    It's too late. I'm not gonna bother. I've just ordered a clubs port hand brake as well. I'm disappointed because I will have to sell my csl Base which is still brand new. If I had pedals I could have sold the Base easier. Thats all.
    Of course its not too late. Maybe you can get a discount of same amount on the Handbrake. Saving money when offered is a good thing mate!!!
  • John, Please contact our sales team and they are happy to change your order and make a refund.
    Worked fine for me...i ordered yesterday at about 8pm cet via cellphone...didnt see the announcement of the special offer.
    This morning i asked if its possible to payback on my paypal-account and not 2h later, there it was on the account....
    Really fair...
    ^:)^
  • Your right. How do I do it?
  • edited June 2017
    Call, chat or email fanatec Chat goes via home site. Red button on right of page when they're online. They're available about 14 hours a day, if I'm right, but not continuously... Off and on
  • Thanks man. I've sent an email. I've spent a lot of money on fanatec gear over the years and bought 2 wheels and two bases in under 3 months. A pedal set would go a long way to help sell my csl elite Base which I no longer need thanks to the new Base I've just bought on day one.
    Thanks Thomas I've emailed your sales team. Check out my previous purchased items. I'm thrilled Im finally able to use my BMW wheel. But sad I no longer need my csl elite Base which is awsome but not needed. I hope you can take the sting out of this for me. I hope to hear from you soon. Thanks
  • Sold my Clubsport base v2 only to find out the USA got left out. Like many others have done and go buy that Thrustmaster crap Wheel, I'm all set on that. I guess It's time sell my Clubsport V3 Pedals and my Clubsport V1.5 SQ Shifter go back the controller. Thanks, Fanatec. 

Dont need to sell the pedals thrustmaster and basherbord u can use together Thrustmaster and Fanatec pedals into basherboard and into ps 4 that works
    Ya, I know about the adaptor, thanks. I'm 46 years old and survived without a wheel until 8 years ago and if they Fanatec don't give the US the ps4 base soon I'm done with them and selling the rest of my Fanatec gear and going back to the couch and controller. I will not buy any other wheel. I've had GT2 wheel CSr Wheel 2 CSW v2.
    We are really on it and it should not take too long. But it is definitely not in our hands so I cannot promise you anything.
    Thanks Thomas for some hope. I do realize you guys are doing what you can and you got to wait for Sony. I feel there's no better Wheel/base Rim pedals shifter out there for Ps4/Xbox Just getting frustrated as I sold my CSW v2 base and Xbox One just to race on my ps4. I've brought every mid-range wheel on the market Logitec Thrustmaster, At this point in life its your product wheel rim ect or nothing. 
  • Hi Thomas, 
    Quick couple of questions but first want to thank you and your team for the products you produce. I've had and still own a PWTS and CSR Elite with 2 sets of V1 pedals and now my collection expands with the new PS4 CSL Elite wheel & base, I'm very excited to be upgrading after the last 4-5 years on my CSR Elite.

The website states to make sure we plug the new base into PC and upload latest drivers/firmware however there is none available at present, does this mean the new PS4 base will be up to date and ready to plug and play or will a new driver be available shortly?
    Also I can only see and download the quick guide for the PS4 base, is the full manual going to be made available for download shortly?

Thanks for your attention.

Lee. (NXTGEN) 
    You will be able to download the driver and manual at the time you receive your new wheel.
  • Thomas I've contacted your sales team please let them know that we have had some communication. I've left up to them to see what they can do. Thanks again. I'm sure your flat out talking to people especially the day you launch a new product.
  • If you mentioned in your e mail, that Thomas advice you to contact support team, I'm sure it'll all goes well for you
  • Thanks dude. I did I hope so
  • If we already own the CSL Elite for PC and Xbox will that base be compatible with the purchase of the PS4 rim?
  • No. Due. Unfortunately not. My order has been posted by the looks of it so I guess I'm beat
  • Mark KearonMark Kearon Member
    edited June 2017
    Hi Thomas, 

Fanatec Newbie here, After 3 Failures of Brand New Thrustmaster T300's (all within Two weeks of each other) I've decided to look for a more premium solution and this has come around on time perfectly! 

Can I Just ask will this work on GT Sport straight out of the Box or will Polyphony Digital have to support it by Updating the Wheel list in the Settings? I saw on the GTPlanet Forum that someone from Fanatec mentioned GT Sport will officially support the Wheel?

May also sound silly but does the Wheel have mounting points that I can Hard mount to a PlaySeat Challenge Rig?