Introducing our first officially licensed racing wheel for PlayStation®4 (PS4™) - UPDATE 1

Comments

• Greg SnellGreg Snell Member
    edited June 2017
    Looks like a great product! I'm in the USA, play PC mainly anyway. Are those button caps gonna be available for me to put on my Porsche rim and universal hub? I would love caps to show on my Porsche 918 rim what is my pit limiter, p2p, Kers, etc for use on PC!
  • edited June 2017
    Good news for the PS4 community. I'm more reluctant about the so called XB1 readiness. Has happened before that so called compatability was changed on the website overnight and so was support, even if you bought your product when it was listed as compatible. 

More curious about an F1 wheel for the XB1 or PS4, if possible with MFD. That could persuade me to go back to the PS4. The exchangable button would be a nice feature for the universal hub as well. Would be an instant buy.
  • Hi Thomas

Will this wheelbase be compatible with the CSW  Universal Hub for Xbox one? Also any solution for mounting this on the CSL Seat?

Close to 10 years with you guys.

• edited June 2017
    hello Thomas if i get the base  will the  ClubSport Pedals V3 inverted work with the CSL Elite Racing Wheel - officially licensed for PS4

and when will it be availabe for USA 

• Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    Hi Thomas

Will this wheelbase be compatible with the CSW  Universal Hub for Xbox one? Also any solution for mounting this on the CSL Seat?

Hi Alfonso,

so you accompanied us half way of our complete company history of 20 years. Thank you!  ^:)^

It is compatible to the universal hub but not to the CSL Seat I am afraid. Sorry for that.
  • Hi Thomas

If you've got the X1 Uhub, yes. Connect it to the base and switch mode until green led lights up from power button and your good to go.
  • Thanks...

One more question...

Would it be possible to drill the holes for the new pattern into the CSL seat base?

Hi Thomas, 

Fanatec Newbie here, After 3 Failures of Brand New Thrustmaster T300's (all within Two weeks of each other) I've decided to look for a more premium solution and this has come around on time perfectly! 

Can I Just ask will this work on GT Sport straight out of the Box or will Polyphony Digital have to support it by Updating the Wheel list in the Settings? I saw on the GTPlanet Forum that someone from Fanatec mentioned GT Sport will officially support the Wheel?

May also sound silly but does the Wheel have mounting points that I can Hard mount to a PlaySeat Challenge Rig?
    Hi Mark

It will probably work straight out of the box but not with the Beta as they will make no more changes on the Beta version in regards to steering wheel support.

Regarding seat compatibility you need to check with your seat manufacturer.
  • hello Thomas if i get the base will the  ClubSport Pedals V3 inverted work with the CSL Elite Racing Wheel - officially licensed for PS4

ALL peripherals work with this new base. Please note: Compatibilities to all peripherals are tested by Fanatec.
  • OMG there here, THERE HERE lol. Massive thanks to Fanatec, only ordered yesterday and from another country there here. Fanatec, Thomas, big yourselves right up! Right it's setup time, see you online tonight Antoine ;)
  • You kidding me
  • Lee Horne said:
    OMG there here, THERE HERE lol. Massive thanks to Fanatec, only ordered yesterday and from another country there here. Fanatec, Thomas, big yourselves right up! Right it's setup time, see you online tonight Antoine ;)
    have fun with it 
  • You kidding me
    No! Actually I ordered within hour of release and paid for express shipping and boom! Here it is.
  • Mine are also there....
  • I'm gutted. I'll be waiting a week
  • My order given weedenstay and friday its here at my house Wow thx thomas for that speed and respons. Thx
  • edited June 2017
    I placed my order yesterday afternoon. I haven't receivend any notifications from UPS yet. And unfortunately UPS deos not deliver on Saturdays. So it looks like I have to wait till next week. :(
  • Hi Thomas,

I'm totally new to Fanatec and would love to buy the 519€ bundle with wheel and pedals. Unfortunately I have to wait for the paycheck at the end of the month before I can afford this. Is the reduced price of 519€ an offer which will be available only for a limited time?
  • Thomas, 

If I have the original CSL Elite wheel base will it be PS4 compatible with the purchase of the PS4 rim?
  • Thomas, 

If I have the original CSL Elite wheel base will it be PS4 compatible with the purchase of the PS4 rim?
    No. The PS4 rim actually is not available as a seperate item for puchase. 
    And even if it may be available as a seperate rim in the future, it wont make any other Fanatec Base compatible as the PS4 security chip (which is necessary) is built in the PS4 Base itself.
  • Armin HabermannArmin Habermann Member, Administrator
    edited June 2017
    Thomas, 

Please check the information given on the product overview page:

"The PlayStation 4 specific electronics are included in the wheel base and the Xbox One compatibility depends on the steering wheel. The shown PlayStation 4 compatible racing wheels/wheel bases are only compatible to both systems if an Xbox One​ steering wheel is connected."
  • Thomas, 

Nope, the chip is inside the base. And the rim isn't sold separately
  • Hi Thomas, congrats on your new product. I am in the USA and my birthday is tomorrow and would be a great gift if you have new news about the USA release. This will be my first Fanatec product from a DFGT. Thanks
    :) Great! Now let us know how you like it! Have fun :)
  • Nice, keep up the good work. Now that I am PC only for Sim racing I hope Direct Drive is next, but for console owners this is a great win.
  • I guess I
    :) Great! Now let us know how you like it! Have fun :)
    Hey Thomas item are shipped and on there way. No news from the sales team though. Can you put a word in. Thanks
  • Steering Wheel is mounted, Pedals are fixed and i started Project Cars.....

Unfortunatley  i cant use the "X"-Button in the Game to advance after the Credits-Screens. When i start Project Cars with the Controler, the Game doesnt recognize the Wheel. The Wheel is in PS4 Mode, the Firmaware is up to date and i can use the Wheel as a Controller in the Menus.

Some has the same Problem? Someone can give me hint?

Unfortunatley  i cant use the "X"-Button in the Game to advance after the Credits-Screens. When i start Project Cars with the Controler, the Game doesnt recognize the Wheel. The Wheel is in PS4 Mode, the Firmaware is up to date and i can use the Wheel as a Controller in the Menus.

Project Cars is an old game which is not patched anymore so the new PS4 base wont be recognized in PS4 mode.
    As per FAQ you need to set the wheel base into the compatibility mode (purple LED) so it emulates a CSW v2 which was supported by Project Cars on PS4.
    Only available PS4 title with native CSL E PS4 support actually is Assetto Corsa and next week Dirt 4.
  • I have the Xbox One hub. Is this compatible on this new wheel base, thereby offering Xbox One, PS4 and PC compatibility? Cheers, Lee

Project Cars is an old game which is not patched anymore so the new PS4 base wont be recognized in PS4 mode.
    As per FAQ you need to set the wheel base into the compatibility mode (purple LED) so it emulates a CSW v2 which was supported by Project Cars on PS4.
    Only available PS4 title with native CSL E PS4 support actually is Assetto Corsa and next week Dirt 4.

Thats it! Thank you very much!

The Wheel is sentationel! Another League. Precision in Monaco is like i have never had before. Thank you Fanatec.