Introducing our first officially licensed racing wheel for PlayStation®4 (PS4™) - UPDATE 1

Comments

• edited June 2017
    I have the Xbox One hub. Is this compatible on this new wheel base, thereby offering Xbox One, PS4 and PC compatibility? Cheers, Lee
    Yes, see article description.
  • Steering Wheel is mounted, Pedals are fixed and i started Project Cars.....

Unfortunatley  i cant use the "X"-Button in the Game to advance after the Credits-Screens. When i start Project Cars with the Controler, the Game doesnt recognize the Wheel. The Wheel is in PS4 Mode, the Firmaware is up to date and i can use the Wheel as a Controller in the Menus.

Some has the same Problem? Someone can give me hint?

Everybody, just read through the quick manual... Is less trouble then posting here and come back to read through the comments whoehahahahah
  • I would buy this immediately if available in the US.  It's exactly what I'm looking for.
  • Hey Thomas Great to have a PS4 compatible wheel, the BMW rim (the new one is that different from the old one ??
  • In what way new? Still the same one, but the new base holds the needed PS4 chip.. So if you put the BMW rim on the new base it can be used on PS4.
  • In what way new? Still the same one, but the new base holds the needed PS4 chip.. So if you put the BMW rim on the new base it can be used on PS4.

Yes and no. Can't use BMW in PS4 mode but in car v2 mode I can but not all of it

Yes and no. Can't use BMW in PS4 mode but in car v2 mode I can but not all of it
    Does the BMW wheel work with dirt rally?
  • I received my order yesterday. I think I have a little problem with the base. It really makes a lot of noise. I disassembled it from my Rseat and when I shook it in my hands, it looks like a piece is not attached to the inside. If anyone can do the test with his, that would be nice. In my package V3 crankset, missing a screw and a nut that are used to attach the pedal extension and the small pot of grease that comes with, is empty. Via the support function, I sent a message and attached a photo and a video. It's a little disappointing for me, I've been waiting for so long. I hope I can hear from you soon. For info: The BMW wheel works, the equivalent of the PS4 key, it is a pressure on the right joystick.

Does the BMW wheel work with dirt rally?

Yes it does. But the dirt rally have no tire ffb yet on PS4 in. Dirt rally
  • edited June 2017
    This is how amazing the Rev lights and display work with AC... Almost like on pc. Whoooot whoot https://1drv.ms/v/s!AulcPFnOEEQop3uS-JSgYtPOkcYl
    In what way new? Still the same one, but the new base holds the needed PS4 chip.. So if you put the BMW rim on the new base it can be used on PS4.

Well, I can use BMW rim in PS mode. The ps mode is under the dpad(right joystick) push. Don't get it why they didn't use the YELLOW (CONNECT) button for it. It's not in use on ps4. I've also got issue that whenever I use the joystick to navigate tuning settings etc. I accidentally push it so getting pretty frustrated to get out of ps home each time it happens!!!
  • This is how amazing the Rev lights and display work with AC... Almost like on pc. Whoooot whoot https://1drv.ms/v/s!AulcPFnOEEQop3uS-JSgYtPOkcYl
    In what way new? Still the same one, but the new base holds the needed PS4 chip.. So if you put the BMW rim on the new base it can be used on PS4.

Well, I can use BMW rim in PS mode. The ps mode is under the dpad(right joystick) push. Don't get it why they didn't use the YELLOW (CONNECT) button for it. It's not in use on ps4. I've also got issue that whenever I use the joystick to navigate tuning settings etc. I accidentally push it so getting pretty frustrated to get out of ps home each time it happens!!!
    Do u have dirt rally. And if so. Is there any ffb on the steering on that
  • edited June 2017
    Yeah it does with me. I'll send you my ffb settings ASAP via pm, so we don't clutter this topic. Or do you mean the vibration motors on the rim itself? That I don't know yet. I'll try that ASAP too and let you know. How is your SHO setting on the wheel tuning menu. On tarmac there's little to no ffb feel
  • well, Dirt rally tarmac ffb is really bad anyway, should be fixed in dirt 4.

• Yeah it does with me. I'll send you my ffb settings ASAP via pm, so we don't clutter this topic. Or do you mean the vibration motors on the rim itself? That I don't know yet. I'll try that ASAP too and let you know. How is your SHO setting on the wheel tuning menu. On tarmac there's little to no ffb feel

Got it to work had to set the wheel in v2 mode then the ffb worked
  • I received my order yesterday. I think I have a little problem with the base. It really makes a lot of noise. I disassembled it from my Rseat and when I shook it in my hands, it looks like a piece is not attached to the inside. If anyone can do the test with his, that would be nice. In my package V3 crankset, missing a screw and a nut that are used to attach the pedal extension and the small pot of grease that comes with, is empty. Via the support function, I sent a message and attached a photo and a video. It's a little disappointing for me, I've been waiting for so long. I hope I can hear from you soon. For info: The BMW wheel works, the equivalent of the PS4 key, it is a pressure on the right joystick.
    Contact Fanatec Support, nothing should be loose inside.
    Contact Fanatec Support, nothing should be loose inside.
    I saw this afternoon that the support service was online. I contacted them and got permission to open the base to see if I could solve the problem myself. It was a metal wedge that receives the screw when the base is fixed via the three fixing points on the tray of a simulation seat. Nothing serious in fact. The worst thing is that my base is fixed on a certain support, but I wanted to test it before seeing it fixed definitively. If other people have this problem, it is not necessary to open the base. Simply screw it, a screw in the slot to block the movement. Attention there is a length of screw not to be exceeded.
    Otherwise I tested the base with the original steering wheel and the BMW. One loses a little finesse, feeling with the BMW, it is certainly because of its weight, much more important and can be also because of its diameter, which must disperse more sensations. The original steering wheel is fine, after a little adjustment time for players who are used to a heavier wheel like the ones we had. For a new player no problem he will find this excelent directly. Ideally, it would be a wheel that would be located, just between the 2 at the level of the weight. Compared to the price, Fanatec did as usual, an excellent work. I would also like to congratulate all the team, who is always very helpful, polite, kind patient when we need them.
  • well since it was my birthday today I would have treated myself to the new wheel etc but we are on hold so I treated myself to CSL Elite Pedals LC :)   goodbye crappy dfgt pedals
  • I was blessed to beta test this base and wheel combo. It's phenomenal! I know everyone is excited about the coming DD base but believe me you WILL NOT be disappointed with this combo in any way. The wheel looks and feels amazing. Quite frankly it's right up there with the Porsche rim as my favorites. The base is smooth with plenty of torque. Personally I'm more for smoothness that getting a arm workout. Lol. I want to know when the car moves out from under me and this base delivers. Buy it and you'll be happy for a long time!
  • I love that I can race on my PS4 now. And I'm using my BMW rim that I love. The PS4 p1 rim is not my goto (favorite) rim
  • I would be very interessed to get the feeling of someone who had the chance to test this wheel and the csw 2.5 as well !
    what are the differences in term of ffb ? is there any good reason to buy the csw ?
  • Got my new base today and just tested it on PS4 (AC and pCARS) and my pedals (CSP V2) are not being recognised or functioning in either game, pedals plugged into wheel. Tested on PC with the drivers, the pedals via the wheel and all is working perfectly. PS4, they are not working at all. Any ideas?
  • Got my new base today and just tested it on PS4 (AC and pCARS) and my pedals (CSP V2) are not being recognised or functioning in either game, pedals plugged into wheel. Tested on PC with the drivers, the pedals via the wheel and all is working perfectly. PS4, they are not working at all. Any ideas?
    Do you have installed the latest driver 289 and upgraded the firmware to 297 and the motor fw to 018?
    Also do you have your Wheel on the Playstation in PS4 mode (blue LED) for AC and in the CSW v2 compatible mode (purple LED) for pCars?!
  • This is unbelievable! The day this wheel/rim is available in the USA you have my money.

I'm still racing with a Clubsport V1 purchased in 2012. It is so old that the Xbox CSL Steering Wheel P1 won't even function with it! Still going strong. Fanatec gear is top quality.

Can't wait! Hope it comes to USA sooner than later.
  • Chris LeonardChris Leonard Member
    edited June 2017
    Updated and in correct modes bud!

Edit : Tried GT Sport Beta and the wheel and pedals work... but no FFB.
  • Updated and in correct modes bud!

Edit : Tried GT Sport Beta and the wheel and pedals work... but no FFB.
    GT Sport Beta cant work because it does not support the new wheel base (and wont in the future, only the full game will support the new base).

Wheel is working in the PS4 menu so only the pedals are not working in game? Honestly have no idea why CSP v2 are not recognized when they are plugged into the pedal port of the base and the base is in the correct mode and the base is assigned to your account as a device..
  • Chris LeonardChris Leonard Member
    edited June 2017
    Well, it appears that I have a bad connection in the PS2/RJ adapter. Got it working for now. One thing still not working is the brake vibration motor, no matter what I set the ABS threshold, there's nothing.

Edit : The brake vibration is working now... looks like my adapter is fubar.
  • Finally done It! After 3 Failed T300RS Wheels (2 GT Edition's at that all within the space of a couple days) I have decided to fully Invest in Fanatec. With the Support for GT Sport in the Future & with Dirt 4/F1 2017 releasing soon I Just had to go for it. Thrustmaster have left it too long for me to trust or Invest in their new wheel & given the poor reliability of the T300RS & T150 I wanted something premium. (I had to sell My Yeezy's to Afford this Rim & Pedal Set so I do hope It's worth it...) Hopefully this arrives in time for Dirt 4 Release day this Friday but I'll patiently wait either way. I Just hope I'm in when they try to deliver as UPS are such a worry when delivering things to my home address. 

Look forward to sharing the experience with you all. 
  • Lee HorneLee Horne Member
    edited June 2017
    Update!
    After receiving my CSL Elite PS4 Wheel/Base and new CSP V3's extremely promptly (next day in fact from another country ^:)^ ), I proceeded to take far too long to over excitedly unpack and build/setup on Friday evening, so I only got to have a small play that night. 
    Being honest I came away happy, but not over whelmed as I thought I would be, and then, unfortunately due to family stuff and house work did not get chance over the rest of the weekend to play again, HOWEVER, I was on last night to tweak some settings in game, also on the wheel/pedals and then join my NXTGEN Clan to race the final round of the Group A PCARS final league race (which I won by the way and ends a championship where I won 8 races of 12 and took the title \:D/ .....................................
    Well I can now honestly say I am completely over whelmed, for the last four years I have loved my racing with my CSR Elite and CSP v1's but last night I truly felt like I have moved onto a new level of immersion and feel with this new wheel and pedals. 
    Thomas, please take a minute to feel proud of yourselves for working hard and producing us end users with a brilliant product, I love it and I thank you for that =D> .
    To give you a little more detail, I could feel brilliantly the front wheels sliding through under steer with the loss of grip and also rubble from the base and accelerator pedal motor, and also when I powered out a corner too quickly the over steer which was easy to feel and then catch and drift out of the corner. I had changed the tire force setting in the game to 150 but then found I had to turn down the FF on the wheel setting as my arms were getting a good work out. I also have to mention the smoothness, its a beautiful feel, no notchy'ness what so ever, great response, extremely accurate and the leather and swede are luuuuuurly.
    I am extremely pleased with my upgrade purchases and while some think its a lot of money to spend, I firmly believe it's worth every penny. There is nothing else out there at these prices that rivals the quality and performance.

I only have one minor query if someone or a tester can help with please, the brake rumble motor does not seem to operate on PCARS or Assetto at all no matter what setting on the wheel I use in respect of ABS. I did update to latest firmware to both wheel and pedals before use and have tested successfully on the PC test button? Any thoughts on this?

Thanks

Lee.    
  • Great to see the release of the new PS4 wheel but why is the bundle option so limited. Some customers may prefer to just buy the base and add options such as a wheel that contains vibration motors ( the standard wheel does not ) plus I am interested in the higher spec Clubsport pedals v3, the shifter, F1 Carbon wheel and cockpit mounts.Perhaps Fanatec should look at better bundle packages along with discounts and I would be happy to place an order. Suggest that Fanatec also send simracinggirl a wheel to review as impressed with her previous fanatec postings

• Lee Horne said:
    To give you a little more detail, I could feel brilliantly the front wheels sliding through under steer with the loss of grip and also rubble from the base and accelerator pedal motor, and also when I powered out a corner too quickly the over steer which was easy to feel and then catch and drift out of the corner. I had changed the tire force setting in the game to 150 but then found I had to turn down the FF on the wheel setting as my arms were getting a good work out. I also have to mention the smoothness, its a beautiful feel, no notchy'ness what so ever, great response, extremely accurate and the leather and swede are luuuuuurly.
    Hey Lee, do u experience some rumbling n rattling when u go off track or so? Mine does feel like there is something loose n has too much space...Its ratlting around ...Cant compare with a CSW2 or 2,5

Thanks for ur answere...