Introducing our first officially licensed racing wheel for PlayStation®4 (PS4™) - UPDATE 1

Comments

• edited June 2017
    Here we go...
    :D
    Now I just have to finish my today's work. Approx. 4 hrs. left..
  • Hey Lee, do u experience some rumbling n rattling when u go off track or so? Mine does feel like there is something loose n has too much space...Its ratlting around ...Cant compare with a CSW2 or 2,5

Thanks for ur answere...

Hi,
    Heavy rumble/shock from the base is a little clunky from say grass/off track excursions or the larger kerbs but then normal kerbs are a nice tame rumble but I don't think it sounds like something is loose with the base as such.
    If you were/are used to the likes of CSW bases or the CSR Elite like I was, then they had metal casings and so rumble/shock was more solid, I think its a little more rattly/clunky if you know what I mean with the plastic base case but not in a bad way at all?
    I will try and upload a video of my heavy base shock/rumbling to show you. Can you do the same for comparison?
  • Lee Horne said:
    Hey Lee, do u experience some rumbling n rattling when u go off track or so? Mine does feel like there is something loose n has too much space...Its ratlting around ...Cant compare with a CSW2 or 2,5

Thanks for ur answere...

Hi,
    Heavy rumble/shock from the base is a little clunky from say grass/off track excursions or the larger kerbs but then normal kerbs are a nice tame rumble but I don't think it sounds like something is loose with the base as such.
    If you were/are used to the likes of CSW bases or the CSR Elite like I was, then they had metal casings and so rumble/shock was more solid, I think its a little more rattly/clunky if you know what I mean with the plastic base case but not in a bad way at all?
    I will try and upload a video of my heavy base shock/rumbling to show you. Can you do the same for comparison?
    Sorry, to be clear, I am talking about when on Pcars,which is known for heavy clipping, which could be part of the cause of making it sound worse. I am going to try Dirt later as this is heavy with the shock/rumble.
  • edited June 2017
    Hey Lee, do u experience some rumbling n rattling when u go off track or so? Mine does feel like there is something loose n has too much space...Its ratlting around ...Cant compare with a CSW2 or 2,5

Thanks for ur answere...
    Yes, the CSL tends to suffer a bit more of rattling, depending on the game you're playing. It happens on the XOne version too: on PC at least can be easily fine tuned if the sim offers enough parameters to set up FFB, I don't know on console.

• CSL E RW If PS4 rim is connected to CSW V2.5, does CSW V2.5 also work on PS4?

• CSL E RW If PS4 rim is connected to CSW V2.5, does CSW V2.5 also work on PS4?
    No. The PS4 compatibly is built into the base NOT the rim. It's the exact opposite for Xbox One. Hope this helps.

• Hi,
    I meant exactely what u said, going offtrack in Pcars cause a rattling of FFB.
    Today i got time to test more.

What Wheelsettings fit the best to Pcars?

Sen: aut
    FFB: 100
    Sho:100
    SPr:?
    DPR:?

Rest: Off
  • Helo Thomas, The bundle gives a great discount of 70 € for a purchase of 519 €. Yesterday I order for 1035 € without discount. We just have a little impression, to be strongly loser in the story. Why, such a big difference? This is not a criticism, just a question. Thank you in advance for your answer.
    This new bundle is tailored especially for new customers which are coming from other brands or for Fanatec customers which want to upgrade from an older Porsche or CSR wheel.

• Agree with Sylvian, why not introduce a new higher spec option bundle where you can purchase the PS4 base and add what you want such as a better wheel with vibration motors, the v3 pedal option, shifter etc. In my case I'm currently just inclined to purchase the ps4 wheel and an adapter for my Logitech g25 pedals  to try out wheres would have gone for the base, a better wheel plus the F1 Carbon, v3 pedals, shifter and clamps. Maybe you could send me a discount code?
  • I see the Porsche PC wheel listed as available, but a second Porsche wheel , by looks identical, with PC compatability and something called "PS4 ready" is listed as well, saying you can place a reservation.

Does this mean a PS4 compatible Porsche wheel for this new wheelbase is being prepared? (Maybe with lighter wight as well, as the motor in this wheelbase here has lesser torque than the CSW 2.5).
  • I see the Porsche PC wheel listed as available, but a second Porsche wheel , by looks identical, with PC compatability and something called "PS4 ready" is listed as well, saying you can place a reservation.

Does this mean a PS4 compatible Porsche wheel for this new wheelbase is being prepared? (Maybe with lighter wight as well, as the motor in this wheelbase here has lesser torque than the CSW 2.5).
    Where did you see this? I only see one and it says PC and PS4 ready.
  • Marc HöllMarc Höll Member
    edited June 2017
    Where did you see this? I only see one and it says PC and PS4 ready.

Ehem - yes...

Yesterday evening it still were like I described. Selecting the wheel from the main screen of the homepage led me to the wheel for PC, shippable, where as when I used the selector and choosed the PS4 category from the menu, I had the new CSL Elite P1 entry - and the Porsche wheel alone, as "PC and PS4-ready", not shippable, but for reservation.

Now that you ask, I went there to get thesite links, and saw that the difference is gone, there now is just the Porsche wheel "PC + PS4-ready".

Obviously some site management took place meanwhile.

So it goes...

I still would like to have an official answer to whether or not the Porsche wheel will be made available for the PS4, via this new wheelbase. I lack the fantasy to interpret vague formulations like "PS4 ready", that could mean everything and nothing. If it will be compatible, then why not saying it plain and simple: "PS4 compatible".
  • Where did you see this? I only see one and it says PC and PS4 ready.

Ehem - yes...

Yesterday evening it still were like I described. Selecting the wheel from the main screen of the homepage led me to the wheel for PC, shippable, where as when I used the selector and choosed the PS4 category from the menu, I had the new CSL Elite P1 entry - and the Porsche wheel alone, as "PC and PS4-ready", not shippable, but for reservation.

Now that you ask, I went there to get thesite links, and saw that the difference is gone, there now is just the Porsche wheel "PC + PS4-ready".

Obviously some site management took place meanwhile.

So it goes...

I still would like to have an official answer to whether or not the Porsche wheel will be made available for the PS4, via this new wheelbase. I lack the fantasy to interpret vague formulations like "PS4 ready", that could mean everything and nothing. If it will be compatible, then why not saying it plain and simple: "PS4 compatible".
    It has to say "PS4 ready" because the new PS4 base is needed for it work. It won't work on PS4 otherwise. That's why PS4 compatible isn't used. They have to be clear what will work by itself and what needs a base (PS4) or rim (Xbox One) to function correctly.
  • edited June 2017
    What Wheelsettings fit the best to Pcars?

I use SPR and DRP to 100, then I set DRI to 003. I also recorded a video some time ago about how to setup FFB in-game, have a look at it: hopefully it will give you a help.
  • edited June 2017
    Could someone please be so kind and perform a little test? Please simply ensure that you have the current driver and firmware installed. Then start the setup tool on your PC. Keep the wheel in PC mode and press the 'Test FFB' button. Then please tell me what happend. I'm asking because I was shocked in terms of the loud and rattling noise! I would assume something might be wrong with my base but I'm not sure.

Please find  my video  here for comparison.

Many thanks!

• Could someone please be so kind and perform a little test? Please simply ensure that you have the current driver and firmware installed. Then start the setup tool on your PC. Keep the wheel in PC mode and press the 'Test FFB' button. Then please tell me what happend. I'm asking because I was shocked in terms of the loud and rattling noise! I would assume something might be wrong with my base but I'm not sure.

Many thanks!

That is same as mine did. I don't think its a fault, its how it is at full rumble and shock performance. Similar in Pcars game when going over rough off road/crash or large kerb.

Lee.
  • Could someone please be so kind and perform a little test? Please simply ensure that you have the current driver and firmware installed. Then start the setup tool on your PC. Keep the wheel in PC mode and press the 'Test FFB' button. Then please tell me what happend. I'm asking because I was shocked in terms of the loud and rattling noise! I would assume something might be wrong with my base but I'm not sure.

Many thanks!

Hi Thorsten,

the same for me. The base and wheel works great !

• What Wheelsettings fit the best to Pcars?

I use SPR and DRP to 100, then I set DRI to 003. I also recorded a video some time ago about how to setup FFB in-game, have a look at it: hopefully it will give you a help.

SEN: AUT

SHO: not available

FOR: 110

SPR: 90

DPR: 100

DRI: -01

ABS: 20

in game (PJC) : FFB: 90 - TF: 110 - GAIN: 1.10

with these parameters, a feel a real "direct"  and seriously precise wheel 

• Do both the LED elements work in Assetto corsa, or would they need Fanaled?

I yesterday got my CSPv3 and found - to my surprise - that while Raceroom works the spinner motors allright, Assetto Corsa still needs the Fanaled workaround, this time for the motors (pedals directly attached to the PC via USB). Some time ago it was said the LED work in AC now for Fanatc wheels, but who knows.

Windows 7 over here.

• edited June 2017
    Lee Horne said:
    That is same as mine did. I don't think its a fault, its how it is at full rumble and shock performance...

Lee.
    Really so loud an heavy? I would say that this heavy rumbling might cause some damage on the circuit board. I can remember such a case! In my GT3 RS V2 wheel a small heat sink got loose as it was just mounted with some thermal conductance glue on the IC.
  • Lee Horne said:
    Could someone please be so kind and perform a little test? Please simply ensure that you have the current driver and firmware installed. Then start the setup tool on your PC. Keep the wheel in PC mode and press the 'Test FFB' button. Then please tell me what happend. I'm asking because I was shocked in terms of the loud and rattling noise! I would assume something might be wrong with my base but I'm not sure.

Many thanks!

That is same as mine did. I don't think its a fault, its how it is at full rumble and shock performance. Similar in Pcars game when going over rough off road/crash or large kerb.

Lee.
    Same for me. It's definitely scary.
    On AC, it's the same on Pcars, as Lee described.
    If you stay on the track by cons, it is only happiness. For the toughest cars to drive like the Lamborghini Countach, I improved my lap time by 2.5 seconds, just by using the new base and only three laps.
    To be complete, my base is associated with the V3 pedals, with Damper kit and performer kit. Equipped in this way, the V3 is clearly superior to the V2.
    For those wondering what exactly this brings :
    - The performer kit, gives a more regular braking, it removes the soft area, at the beginning of the brake pedal stroke.
    - The Damper kit allows a better control of the brake pedal when released, which facilitates and makes much more accurate the degressive braking.
    The more cars are difficult to drive, the more you will benefit from better equipment.
    For cars said easy to drive, small Mazda for example, the gain will be much less, see almost zero in pure performances.
    On the other hand you will always gain a lot of driving pleasure.
    The V3 is already excellent without the options. The options will only be needed for the most demanding players.

Many thanks!

Letting the wheel do full FFB without holding the rim is bound to make a lot of noise. Could you also test while holding the rim, and see if there's still excessive rattling?
  • Do both the LED elements work in Assetto corsa, or would they need Fanaled?

I yesterday got my CSPv3 and found - to my surprise - that while Raceroom works the spinner motors allright, Assetto Corsa still needs the Fanaled workaround, this time for the motors (pedals directly attached to the PC via USB). Some time ago it was said the LED work in AC now for Fanatc wheels, but who knows.

Windows 7 over here.

On Playstation with AC, it works very well.
    On the other hand the keys square, triangle, round, cross, work only in the menus. When you are on the track, they have no effect. It is therefore impossible to change the degree of ABS, traction control or other options, depending on the configuration you have chosen among the 3 available in the game. I think it is a problem of programming the game , Not material.
    I informed Kunos of the problem, I hope that I will be heard and that they will be able to remedy the problem in an upcoming update.
  • edited June 2017
    Sylvain RAUSCH said:
    To be complete, my base is associated with the V3 pedals, with Damper kit and performer kit.
    That's exactly my choice as well. But it's not yet installed.

Unfortunately I have another issue with the display on the wheel rim which you can see  here.
    And one more with the 918 RSR Rim as shown  here.
    Regarding all this and the rattling base I consulted the Fanatec support crew some minutes ago. I'll get a reply from them soon...

Just the  Formula One Carbon Rim  works perfectly fine without any issues. So at least one...
  • Sylvain RAUSCH said:
    To be complete, my base is associated with the V3 pedals, with Damper kit and performer kit.
    That's exactly my choice as well. But it's not yet installed.

Unfortunately I have another issue with the display on the wheel rim which you can see  here.
    And one more with the 918 RSR Rim as shown  here.
    Regarding all this and the rattling base I consulted the Fanatec support crew some minutes ago. I'll get a reply from them soon...

Just the  Formula One Carbon Rim  works perfectly fine without any issues. So at least one...
    If I can give you some advice before installing the various elements.
    Take a car you know well on a circuit you know well.
    Set the brake preload adjustment wheel to minimun and do not touch it any more, because at the end of the process it will automatically be in this position.
    Set the loadcell setting to 50 even if you do not like it.
    Test until you can no longer improve your times. From that moment on, never touch the car's settings again.
    In order, install your kit performer, test, modify, test, modify, until you find what suits you best.
    I know, it's long and not so obvious for each time putting the piece back in place. For information, I am hard, with 12 & 13 green.
    Then install the Damper, test on minimun, medium, maximun, and finally adjust to your convenience.
    It's very long as a procedure, but it will allow you to better understand and then react faster if you want to change again. Personally, it took me 3 days.
    But today I am happy.

If you could, we would make the return of what you will have answered the service Fanatec, on your problems, it would be nice.

For your led problems, I have no idea, but if I understand correctly, you are on PC and me on Playstation. I have not encountered this problem. If you still want my opinion, I think your led on the wheel must be replaced.
  • edited June 2017
    Feedback from Fanatec:
    - FFB behaviour is normal - (but scary)
    - Just the LED bar of the 918 RSR has to be replaced.
    - The Complete CSL P1 Rim has to be replaced.

If I can give you some advice before installing the various elements.
    Many thanks for that!
  • I really hope that E3 is what is holding up release in North America. This waiting in the dark takes more patience than I was born with.LOL
  • Just unboxed my new cls base , very nice it is ! The was a silica gel pack like the picture inside the base , had to turn it upside down & borrow the wife's tweezers to get it out , I thought I read about a guy who's wheel was making a funny noise maybe the same thing?? If u have ordered a new base watch out for this !
  • When can I buy on US web site? ETA?
  • When can I buy on US web site? ETA?
    Thomas said they are working on it but can't give a eta.