ClubSport Wheel Base V2 - The first reviews and opinions!- UPDATE 6

Comments

• ok after these reviews send me my invite e take my money!!!!!!
  • Very good reviews :)
  • Still no mention of Xbox 360 compatibility? Can anyone confirm/deny if a suitable rim will be released for use with the 360? With Forza Horizon 2 still scheduled, not to mention Forza 4 (and 3-my favourite), F1 2014, and GRID Autosport, I think there would be a decent market for such a rim, not to mention the fact it might make the CSW V2 more attractive to those yet to take the step into the 'next gen'.

I will post this in the CSW V2 blog as well and hope for a positive outcome :)

Robert, there are already Fanatec wheels available for the Xbox 360. Don't get your hopes up. I don't think it would make much sense for them to design another detachable wheel (along with the cost of licensing M$ wireless technology) for a console that is on it's way out.
  • Will we have to place order straight away when we get the code or will we have a limited time (week or two) to place the order? Has anyone had a code yet? I bought my elite as soon as it was available for release but havent had a code yet :( the ONLY thing thats going 2 suck about getting this base is I wont be able to use the thing lol! I know the wheel isnt even out but some idea on ps4/one wheels release dates (est) would be nice thomas :) (Dear santa can I have a F1 rim for my csw v2)
  • Matt FergusonMatt Ferguson Member
    edited September 2014

Seems good. I can't help but think that these are not entirely unbiased reviews though. If these reviewers want to be beta testers again it seems in their best interest to lean toward the positives.

Also I would like to see reviews of the finished product not beta versions. Still, seems that all V1 weak points were corrected... so hey can't complain.

• the ONLY thing thats going 2 suck about getting this base is I wont be able to use the thing lol! I know the wheel isnt even out but some idea on ps4/one wheels release dates (est) would be nice thomas

Agreed kinda tough to throw down a min of $500 with no release date for the console compatible wheel rims.....although I would still play on PC while I wait, unless I knew the console rim would work on PC as well, which I can only assume it would. It would be nice not to have to buy 2 wheel rims is my point.

What say you Thomas?

• The reviews are good but like a lot of people have said mostly specs info you could find yourself a week ago not much footage of the wheel in use. I could care less about Sony or Microsoft I already have given them enough of my money this is for my Simulator not another game or game system I have to pay for.  I already have my order in and assuming from the email I got I should receive some of the first shipment big question?

WHEN WILL THE FIRST SHIPMENTS GO OUT ?

• Chris  BrosharChris Broshar Member
    edited September 2014
    Matt,

These beta versions are basically production versions. Any changes at this point will be very minor. Also I understand you hesitation about the reviews but as Thomas stated, Those reviews might not be 100% objective as some testers have a history (good or bad) with Fanatec. Thomas is open to all feedback. He wants to make the best product possible. The testers were selected because of their knowledge and also because they don't hesitate to give their opinion. Being open to all feedback is how great-not good-products are made. 

:)
    edited September 2014

These beta versions are basically production versions. Any changes at this point will be very minor. Also I understand you hesitation about the reviews but as Thomas stated, Those reviews might not be 100% objective as some testers have a history (good or bad) with Fanatec. Thomas is open to all feedback. He wants to make the best product possible.

Chris,

I understand who "Those reviewers" are but there a few of other reputable outlets that I believe would give good constructive reviews.

By the way "those other reviewers" have for the most part had favorable comments about Fanatec gear in the past and that should not make a company hand pick its reviewers due to one bad experience.

Again, the chosen few do have good reputations and seem very experienced & knowledgeable about sim-racing hardware, it's just not the typical way products get into reviewers hands. If it is a great product (I believe it is) then any grudge holding reviewers negativity would quickly be weeded out by all of the positive reviews like any other type of review and their reputation would then be in question.

Any who that is all - the V2 sounds great and I hope to see an invite soon as I did purchase a first batch of the CSR-E wheel. Thanks.

• Chris  BrosharChris Broshar Member
    edited September 2014
    Matt,

I think I should've been more clear. The quote from Thomas was regarding the beta testers only. I took it directly from his statement above. I wasn't alluding to anyone else. He was explaining that beta units were sent to people regardless of their previous opinions about Fanatec. So that is a good thing IMO. I apologize for not explaining myself better.

Also Thomas stated, There will be a second round of reviews with magazines and bloggers once the final product is available. (Taken from above)

Not sure what you are referring to with, "those other reviewers".
  • Chris,

Got it. I will leave that alone. Good to here there will be other reviews as well.

• Hey all
    Have enyone get emails with codes to ordre a V2 base? I have the Csr E, clubsport base v1, the Formula and the BMW rim, and had clubsport v1 pedals...just get the v2 pedals last month....so would i not be in the first round?? please help anyone :)
  • Hey all
    Have enyone get emails with codes to ordre a V2 base? I have the Csr E, clubsport base v1, the Formula and the BMW rim, and had clubsport v1 pedals...just get the v2 pedals last month....so would i not be in the first round?? please help anyone :)
    When did you order your products? I ordered my CSW v1 around august 2012. Still haven't received an invitation. :(
  • Hey all
    When did you order your products? I ordered my CSW v1 around august 2012. Still haven't received an invitation. :(
    I ordered my csr e 2011 and the first clubsport base and formula rim+bmw rim september 2012. o sold my base to my brother and did buy a new base 17/3 2014 + i have the Hub and GT rim.. so i must be in the top of invitations...??right? 

• I ordered my csr e 2011 and the first clubsport base and formula rim+bmw rim september 2012. o sold my base to my brother and did buy a new base 17/3 2014 + i have the Hub and GT rim.. so i must be in the top of invitations...??right? 
    I'm not sure, if I remember correctly, when I ordered in august 2012 it was not the "first wave" of CSW shippings, but second, I think...
    However, since you ordered your CSR-E in 2011, then it should be first priority, anyway. :)
  • I pre-ordered my CSRE in 2011 received it Dec 24th 2011, still waiting for an Invite
  • edited September 2014
    "Good reviews and  lot of spec details we can find in.

My problem will be to choose a wheel rim  8-|... "
    "Me too!!!
    I love the BMW !!! 
    But it is not if it will be very heavy??"

"I had search for an opinion in forums or review that compare sensations with BMW rim vs universal+any fanatec rim or 918RS.

If new update torque in v2 are higher than v1 maybe BMW work fine without lost any "feeling" or force feedback power. If anyone can give his opinion I'd really apreciate it. 

Thanks in advance"

Dicegroup Review ( Will Currington
    http://www.isrtv.com/forums/topic/14847-dont-believe-the-hype-or-do-you/) :

I have used both the Formula rim and the BMW GT rim that I have with have with no noticeable difference in FFB that you get with the CSW V1....!

• Madcat Review:

I have used both the Formula rim and the BMW GT rim that I have with have with no noticeable difference in FFB that you get with the CSW V1....!

Francisco Oliva Duarte you gonna have problems if you don't remove this because this is not in my (p)review. I should make an english version of it soon anyway, so any non-french speakers will be able to read what I wrote without digging into wild google translations^^
  • edited September 2014

Madcat Review:

Francisco Oliva Duarte you gonna have problems if you don't remove this because this is not in my (p)review. I should make an english version of it soon anyway, so any non-french speakers will be able to read what I wrote without digging into wild google translations^^
    I'm sorry Madcat!!!!!, I was wrong with the review of Dicecroup
    Sorry!!!
    Edit

• Kevin WattsKevin Watts Member
    edited September 2014

By the way "those other reviewers" have for the most part had favorable comments about Fanatec gear in the past and that should not make a company hand pick its reviewers due to one bad experience.

Again, the chosen few do have good reputations and seem very experienced & knowledgeable about sim-racing hardware, it's just not the typical way products get into reviewers hands. If it is a great product (I believe it is) then any grudge holding reviewers negativity would quickly be weeded out by all of the positive reviews like any other type of review and their reputation would then be in question.

Unfortunately there is a site out there whose owner seems to go out of his way to spread negative views about Fanatec products. That person was a big fan of Fanatec until he fell out with them and then went all crazy ex girlfriend on Fanatec. Because of some of his sites fans blind loyalty it doesn't get 'weeded out' as you say, it just gets propagated. It happens in other genre's too like Kotaku falling out with Sony about revealing something sooner than Sony wanted and then Kotaku went on to post a lot of negative stories regarding the PS3, arguably costing them sales.

A person who has a bad experience using a product is far more likely to post about it online than someone who has a good experience.

edited September 2014

A person who has a bad experience using a product is far more likely to post about it online than someone who has a good experience

Agree to disagree I guess

• These beta versions are basically production versions. Any changes at this point will be very minor. Also I understand you hesitation about the reviews but as Thomas stated, Those reviews might not be 100% objective as some testers have a history (good or bad) with Fanatec. Thomas is open to all feedback. He wants to make the best product possible.

Chris,

I understand who "Those reviewers" are but there a few of other reputable outlets that I believe would give good constructive reviews.

Any who that is all - the V2 sounds great and I hope to see an invite soon as I did purchase a first batch of the CSR-E wheel. Thanks.

The english reviews were often of people, who had good things to say in the past, but especially on 
    http://forum.virtualracing.org/showthread.php/83961-Fanatec-Clubsport-Wheel/page985 
    There were several users, which gave Fanatec a hard time and were not happy with the V1 and they had a lot of rma's etc. Even these had very positive views on the V2 as they don't have a big youtube channel and stuff they are for me the most believable reviews to me.
    So good job of Fanatec to even make them happy.

Just waiting for my code right now :D
  • Has anyone received a code? I purchased a CSR-E first shipping batch and I have no code yet.
  • I also bought a Csw first series
    I spent most of 3000 euro in material Fanatec, and I'm glad of that.
    I think it would be nice if the Fanatec,give me the code to do the pre order.
    Also for rewarding my Loyalty to Fanatec.

Denis  ;)
  • Have you an idea about when will the production wheel reviews be out ? Will you detailed the changes/improvements over the beta wheels ?
  • Has anyone received a code? I purchased a CSR-E first shipping batch and I have no code yet.
    Have you checked your order history? My order numbers are showing, but under "products" there's 0. No wonder first CSW and CSR-E buyers don't get any invites. :D
  • in the same boat with no order history, only shows the amount... ... which is 2-3k in gear i've purchased including a CSR Elite wheel!
  • Mine does show order history although all of the status lines say "cancelled".

This is gonna be a mess isn't it.

• My order history showed cancelled for all the products that did indeed ship to me over the years. I contacted Fanatec customer support and they corrected the status