Introducing the CSL Elite Steering Wheel P1

Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator

We are continuing to expand our range of CSL and CSL Elite steering wheels to make high-end performance better available for a broader group of sim racers.

Of Course it looks familiar to you as it is based on our popular P1 steering Wheel. But the Elite Version of the P1 Comes with the following improvements:

• The realistic sized steering wheel (Ø30cm/11,81") has a lightweight design of only approx. 970g which makes it the lightest steering wheel Fanatec currently offers.
• The design incorporates aluminum spokes, a fiber enforced back cover, as well as genuine Alcantara® with an eye-catching red cross-stitched seam. 
• The newly designed durable shifter paddles utilize Snapdome™ technology and have an intensive and positive click feeling.
• The Xbox One® button caps can be exchanged easily to racing style button caps (included), with symbols that match the most popular functions needed during a race.

It is an Xbox One licensed product and just like our other licensed steering wheels it will work fine with the upcoming Xbox One X later this year.

Please check out our new "Xbox One Competition Pack" which combines the power of our V2.5 base and the fully metal CSL Elite pedals with this steering wheel for just 699,95 €

It is available for pre-order and will be delivered in early September.

Comments

• Very cool
  • Sascha KaymerSascha Kaymer Member
    edited August 2017
    Wow nice one! This looks even better than the PS4 Version of the P1 :)
  • Nice looking wheel rim. Now just waiting for the CSL Elite WB for the PS4 to be released in the USA, then I will order both items.
  • WHAT THE HELL?

I went to order the orginal P1 for my V2... 60/40 euro for delievery, for less than 2 kilos. 
    Sorry thats just bs,
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    WHAT THE HELL?

I went to order the orginal P1 for my V2... 60/40 euro for delievery, for less than 2 kilos. 
    Sorry thats just bs,
    We are forwarding the original UPS rates we have to pay so depending on where you come from the shipping rates can vary.
  • WHAT THE HELL?

Sorry thats just bs,
    We are forwarding the original UPS rates we have to pay so depending on where you come from the shipping rates can vary.
    this looks like very smart move from Endor.. it's kinda force you to buy more stuff from them :) better shipping rates if order more!
    can't wait for dd. teas us//

• Are the newly designed durable shifter paddles utilizing Snapdome™ technology in this steering wheel any different from the shifters in the wheel bundled with the CSL ELITE PS4? Thanks.
  • So is this better quality than basic P1-wheel, which although it works mainly ok, has grits and crunchs little bit when you drive. I guess it's from back plastic cover/its fitment to spokes/wheel's frame. Also that directional stick functions quite so so.
    Are the newly designed durable shifter paddles utilizing Snapdome™ technology in this steering wheel any different from the shifters in the wheel bundled with the CSL ELITE PS4? Thanks.
    They are the same
    So is this better quality than basic P1-wheel, which although it works mainly ok, has grits and crunchs little bit when you drive. I guess it's from back plastic cover/its fitment to spokes/wheel's frame. Also that directional stick functions quite so so.
    We are now using fiber enforced plastic and also the joystick is improved.
  • So is this better quality than basic P1-wheel, which although it works mainly ok, has grits and crunchs little bit when you drive. I guess it's from back plastic cover/its fitment to spokes/wheel's frame. Also that directional stick functions quite so so.
    We are now using fiber enforced plastic and also the joystick is improved.
    I guess this Wheel will be my choice for future Rallye Games then :)
  • I love the button cap idea, could you develop button caps for my Porsche and/or universal hub rims?
  • I placed an order this morning, right after I received the email alert. Problem! I added the wheel to my cart, added the postage to my cart (no discount code so did not add that). I go to checkout and none of the "Steps" are active. I click on them and nothing happens. Cannot checkout. What's with that? I sent a request for help this morning but so far no reply.
  • When will a driver be out that allows me to actually use my P1 wheel! Its unplayable at the moment, constantly shifting on its own and goes through the tuning menu whenever it wants to!  Please HELP!!!!
  • When will a driver be out that allows me to actually use my P1 wheel! Its unplayable at the moment, constantly shifting on its own and goes through the tuning menu whenever it wants to!  Please HELP!!!!
    Contact support. The red tab on the homepage is chat support. It's very quick to get help started that way.
  • I placed an order this morning, right after I received the email alert. Problem! I added the wheel to my cart, added the postage to my cart (no discount code so did not add that). I go to checkout and none of the "Steps" are active. I click on them and nothing happens. Cannot checkout. What's with that? I sent a request for help this morning but so far no reply.
    It's all good. I checked back to my shopping cart today. I processed the order again and this time it went through. 
  • looks good

• There must be a very expensive alcantara on this steering wheel, as it is twice as expensive as the original P1
  • Greg SnellGreg Snell Member
    edited September 2017
    There must be a very expensive alcantara on this steering wheel, as it is twice as expensive as the original P1
    It is better in many ways compared to the original. Paddles, buttons, d-pad are all upgraded. You also get the button caps. I see this as well worth the extra cost, but it's personal preference. I just saw the TM alcantera rim on Amazon for $178 vs $160 for a Fanatec alcantera.
  • And its much lighter than original P1.
  • Will this rim work on the PS4 base as a PS4 steering wheel AND work on the Xbox one?

Will you be selling the PS4 base on it's own when it becomes available in the United States so users with both a PS4 and an Xbox One can purchase the PS4 base with this new Xbox wheel and be able to use both platforms?
  • Will this rim work on the PS4 base as a PS4 steering wheel AND work on the Xbox one?

Will you be selling the PS4 base on it's own when it becomes available in the United States so users with both a PS4 and an Xbox One can purchase the PS4 base with this new Xbox wheel and be able to use both platforms?
    This rim works with Xbox One and PC. It will work on the new PS4 base but as a PC rim and Xbox One. It will NOT work on the PS4 console itself. Hope I explained that well enough. Lol. This link is from the EU web store as the PS4 racing wheel isn't available in the US yet. But if you look under compatibility it explains your question. https://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/steering-wheels/csl-elite-steering-wheel-p1.html
  • sean pirtlesean pirtle Member
    edited September 2017
    Will this rim work on the PS4 base as a PS4 steering wheel AND work on the Xbox one?

This rim works with Xbox One and PC. It will work on the new PS4 base but as a PC rim and Xbox One. It will NOT work on the PS4 console itself. Hope I explained that well enough. Lol. This link is from the EU web store as the PS4 racing wheel isn't available in the US yet. But if you look under compatibility it explains your question. https://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/steering-wheels/csl-elite-steering-wheel-p1.html
    If I'm understanding you correctly, then I will need to buy the PS4 base, the PS4 wheel, and the Xbox wheel to be able to use the Fanatec PS4 base on my PS4 Pro and Xbox One S/X. Correct statement?
    Thanks 

If I'm understanding you correctly, then I will need to buy the PS4 base, the PS4 wheel, and the Xbox wheel to be able to use the Fanatec PS4 base on my PS4 Pro and Xbox One S/X. Correct statement?
    This was posted from an admin on GTPlanet who has spent a week with the units:
    From my understanding of using it for the last week and a bit, how Fanatec has done things can be boiled down to this:
    • PS4 compatibility is dealt with via bases (the new PS4 CSL Elite base)
    • XB1 compatibility is dealt with via wheels (the P1 Elite, plenty of existing rims)
    This way, it solves the issue of pleasing both Sony and Microsoft. I've been using the PS4 Elite base, and the new P1 rim was a simple plug-and-play addition. Swapping it on, all I have to do when jumping from console to console is plug the USB into the right one, and press the Mode button to get to the proper one.

The PS4 Elite base + any XB1 compatible wheel is therefore a full compatibility option. Hope that helps

Thanks 
    Yes you are correct.
  • Thomas, any plans on having a formula wheel compatible with Xbox One?

Thomas, any plans on having a formula wheel compatible with Xbox One?

We are actually working on it
  • Got my P1 wheel today. Looks and feels nice. Not happy with the "not so quick" watch band attachment. I preferred the spring loaded quick release from previous rims. 
  • edited September 2017
    DiRT Rally : need to re-map controls on every launch!
    I used to have a Logitech G27, and it worked great. Everytime I launched the game I could simply press a button on the wheel and all my buttons and axis were loaded. Life was good, since day one of the early access.

Last week I received my Fanatec Clubsport Wheen v2.5 with a CSL Elite P1 wheel (buying thier Competition Xbox One bundle). I reconfigured all the controls, for both my wheel and my Fanatec handbrake. I saved an advanced wheel preset, saved my driver profile, and then exited the game.

The problem I have is that when I launch the game, absolutely no button/axis on the wheel let me pass the intro screen. I end up hitting Enter, and have to re-map everything.

What am I doing wrong? 

PS: the wheel is in PC mode (red ignition), not Xbox One.
  • Contact support. The red box on the right side of the homepage is the best and fastest way to get a response. Otherwise start a standard support ticket
  • I have a problem with my P1 wheel for the XBox One, the display makes problems (it turns on and off in the middle of the race by itself). Is it possible to send it back, pay the difference and get the new one (the new P1 Elite Wheel for XBox One)?