CSL Elite Racing Wheel now available in the USA

Comments

• Thnx again Maurice. Did not realiseren that.
  • You are selling the CSL Elite Racing Wheel for Xbox One & PC for ~330€ including a Xbox copy of Assetto Corsa in the US, and in Europe you are calling for ~420€?! Just WOW!
  • So... We all are F-ed again by Sony. No CSL E base compatibility in GT Sport Demo and no plans to implement in day one patch. So no collectors edition is sold to me and as of now... Pc only
  • edited October 2017
    is there any official statement from Sony/Polyphony Digital? 

a) why there is no CSL E compatibility?
    b) no implementaion in a day 1 patch?
  • PC Only player here.  The pedals from my old G25 wheel stayed put on the carpet even after I increased the brake spring force.  The CSL pedals need to be bolted to a platform of some sort or they slide all over the place. But I sort of expected that. Now I've got a big piece of particle board that I place my chair on and bolt the pedals down.
  • So... We all are F-ed again by Sony. No CSL E base compatibility in GT Sport Demo and no plans to implement in day one patch. So no collectors edition is sold to me and as of now... Pc only
    O_o

If that is the case then that would be strange because when I downloaded the demo over the weekend it allowed me to enter the title screen of the demo, but it stated the servers were down so I could not access anything else. I was using my CSL E to move around the title screen so I would think that it should recognize the base going off of that initial interaction?

On an unrelated note: I have ran into some issues with Assetto Corsa in that the game will just randomly stop recognizing the CSL E in game before starting a lap, race etc. I have to hit the home PS button to get to the home screen and go back in to the game to get the pause menu as once I am on track the game does not recognize anything  After I get to the pause screen then I can utilize the controls to access the title screen of the game but going back into any sort of race, practice etc. it still won't do anything and I have to repeat the process. Even after resetting PS4 and base it sometimes will not come back so I think it has something to do with the actual game itself and not the base. It happens at random and will come back randomly so it doesn't appear to be triggered by anything specifically.
  • edited October 2017
    I hope I'm allowed to post my comment here as well as I did it in the PS4 CSL Elite announcment thread already. But it's quite important I would say...

Hi Thomas, I thought the new PS4 wheel will be supported by GT Sport. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/fanatec-csl-elite-racing-wheel-officially-licensed-for-ps4™.361316/ That sounds somehow bad to me. In addition to that GT Sport is no longer mentioned on the CSL Elite FAQ page where the compatible games are listed!
  • I know it's still work hours but kind of surprised no one has tried to use this wheel with the Demo.  I get my wheel tomorrow so tried it this morning with the remote.  For some reason the visuals didn't just blow me away.  After 4 years of waiting it just seems this game should look unreal but maybe I'm just expecting too much and have seen other great looking games like project cars and such. 

This wheel better work with PS4.  I just wouldn't play GT Sport.  Love the series but disappointing at GT for taking so long and letting the rest of the franchise catch them and take them over. 
  • edited October 2017

Could some from Fanatec please clear up this GT sport topic. if my new wheel isn't going to work I would like to cancel my pre-order. Which will probably ship with in the next couple days. seen a comment that it works but with no feedback. Love the wheel by the way.

• hello, Is the fanatec csl elite wheel supported by gran turismo sport?
  • At least not in the demo. But hopefully in the final Version.
  • The wheel works but there is no forcefeedback. Tracks, kerbs, off road feel like glass. There is tension when cornering but that’s it. Wheel fully works with all game and PS menus as expected. justin
  • Ahmad MahrAhmad Mahr Member
    edited October 2017
    How has fanatec not made a statement yet on this forum or others. They are being eaten alive and not saying anything. I can't believe their customer service. I'm sorry but it's obviously bad with how long they take to address their customer issues. C'mon guys provide us with an update on this wheel and GT Sport. We've spent $500 if not more to be able use this wheel. Also there is no way that you weren't aware of this issue. UPDATE Please.
  • At least not in the demo. But hopefully in the final Version.
    This is very bad news ... Demo is actually a full version with locked content. On the screens I saw that they support the T500 which is not the official PS4 steering wheel....
  • The wheel works but there is no forcefeedback. Tracks, kerbs, off road feel like glass. There is tension when cornering but that’s it. Wheel fully works with all game and PS menus as expected. justin
    No FFB means that it does not work. If I do not want full impressions I would buy a steering wheel for $ 50 not for $ 500 ...
  • 巨和 丸岡巨和 丸岡 Member
    edited October 2017
    Will not the new CSL Elite PS 4 be released in Japan?

• I have csl elite ps4 + pedals load cell interested me or device drive hub cronusmax added some effects? Is the csl elite ps4 steering wheel connected to this device even better? Does it only concern the compatibility of old devices?
  • I have csl elite ps4 + pedals load cell interested me or device drive hub cronusmax added some effects? Is the csl elite ps4 steering wheel connected to this device even better? Does it only concern the compatibility of old devices?
    in how many threads do you want to post this ???
  • Mines coming on Wednesday! Got the bundle with the load cell brake and I also got the SQ 1.5 Shifter and the Clubsport handbrake. I'm also getting a DSD box made for the CSL Elite. I've got exclusive pictures from Derek himself.

• You do know DSD boxes aren't compatible with ps4... Unless they changed it. Button boxes for ps4 need to be seen as keyboard, not as a controller. The one made for CSW bases is pc use only
  • Having a fun time with my new wheel and my favorite old PC sim   GPL.  Still experimenting with settings.  I was wondering if there is a combination of button pushes to save the settings under S_1 to S_5 or are they automatically saved when they are changed.

Also.  It seems that I lost my wheel settings when I upgraded the firm ware. I guess I better write down my favorite settings. 

• edited October 2017
    Bump
  • I have to US version along with the CSL pedals and load cell brake kit on order. The CSL PS4 wheel base is on backorder here in the US. Last week it said on the site it had a 10/23/17 ship date but now there is no date. Anybody know if they are still expected next week? If it will be much longer I may cancel and go with the CSW V2.5.
  • Just keep watching each day from Monday on. Can pop up anytime in stock.
  • Zhuo ChenZhuo Chen Member
    edited October 2017
    CSL PS4 US version was not back in stock on Oct 23rd......Rather, the availability date changes to Nov. 8th from 00/00/0000. Such a long wait :-S
  • Does anyone know if the Clubsport V3 pedals will work with the CSL Racing Wheel on a PS4? Or does it need an adapter box or cable?
  • Does anyone know if the Clubsport V3 pedals will work with the CSL Racing Wheel on a PS4? Or does it need an adapter box or cable?
    No adapter needed
  • Was excited until I saw it looks like the same dpad on the XBox one version and its a piece of garbage.  breaks so easily and becomes useless and is a deal breaker.
    This has a much improved version of it,

Is anyone aware of a downshift issue with the CSL elite PS4 ? it's intermittent and it happens of project cars 2 project cars 1 and GTsport, i have sent a video to the technical at Fanatec and just waiting till they respond, any help would be much appreciated