Fanatec Podium Series - UPDATE

Comments

• edited September 2017
    Henri R said:
    The one question that still needs to be asked is what is the torque difference between the 2 DD wheels. The price will be what it will be, but the torque will give us a better idea of the power of the DD wheels vs the V2.5. 
    This is a good question but obviously and for some unknown reasons Fanatec decided not to give any information about torque. I guess they want us to keep dreaming about the podium series as long as possible before the release date. 

Regarding Xbox PS4 compatibility Thomas did confirm in the video with Simracing Girl the podium series will be compatible with Xbox but he also implied they are doing their best to make it compatible with both the XBox and the PS4. So it's a bit blur... My wildest dream being having a direct drive wheel base with a quick release system to connect both a F1 and a GT3 wheel compatible with my PS4 and/or an Xbox. Yes despite the fact the whole rig might cost 4 times the value of the console alone, many drivers like me want an high end product providing a great driving experience without use complexity and space issues of a PC installation. I like using consoles and I believe these machines are getting powerful enough to allow such a performance now. Fanatec is doing right going down this path and they shall be rewarded for it. Democratizing true simracing experience to non geek customers... That is a huge market that has always been existing as this is not just about the sim racers community. It encompasses the whole driver nuts community which is just 10000 times bigger.  As a matter of fact I am 32 years old and this is my dream since I am 4 years old. So Fanatec please read my post and don't disappoint me ;-)))
     Watch the videos Thomas Clearly stated that he can Not give a measure of torque yet because the wheels are still in the Prototype testing phase and there are more Test that need to be run before he can give a final answer to this question.

This is stated @6min in the Video.

https://www.facebook.com/Fanatec/videos/1492461347496523/
  • edited September 2017
    I am a very lucky man, because I am happily married and can buy my wishes itself. Sorry, couldn't help myself. Lol. As a proud owner of Fanatec gear I can't wait to get more Intel!
  • edited September 2017
    Cant wait to oder the new ddr wheel, hope it wil come out at the same time as project cars 2 ?   \m/
  • Super im Looking forward to order it when will it be open for the orders ? Fantastic job fanatec that's great
  • I wish the DD base is not to long so it can fit into this simulator !!!!!!!!

• Henri R said:
    The one question that still needs to be asked is what is the torque difference between the 2 DD wheels. The price will be what it will be, but the torque will give us a better idea of the power of the DD wheels vs the V2.5. 
    This is a good question but obviously and for some unknown reasons Fanatec decided not to give any information about torque. I guess they want us to keep dreaming about the podium series as long as possible before the release date. 

Regarding Xbox PS4 compatibility Thomas did confirm in the video with Simracing Girl the podium series will be compatible with Xbox but he also implied they are doing their best to make it compatible with both the XBox and the PS4. So it's a bit blur... My wildest dream being having a direct drive wheel base with a quick release system to connect both a F1 and a GT3 wheel compatible with my PS4 and/or an Xbox. Yes despite the fact the whole rig might cost 4 times the value of the console alone, many drivers like me want an high end product providing a great driving experience without use complexity and space issues of a PC installation. I like using consoles and I believe these machines are getting powerful enough to allow such a performance now. Fanatec is doing right going down this path and they shall be rewarded for it. Democratizing true simracing experience to non geek customers... That is a huge market that has always been existing as this is not just about the sim racers community. It encompasses the whole driver nuts community which is just 10000 times bigger.  As a matter of fact I am 32 years old and this is my dream since I am 4 years old. So Fanatec please read my post and don't disappoint me ;-)))
     Watch the videos Thomas Clearly stated that he can Not give a measure of torque yet because the wheels are still in the Prototype testing phase and there are more Test that need to be run before he can give a final answer to this question.

This is stated @6min in the Video.

https://www.facebook.com/Fanatec/videos/1492461347496523/
    thanks. I didn't get it the first time.
  • Still I am a bit surprise not to find any feedback video since the simracing expo last weekend. I had hoped some people would have tried the wheel and posted a first impression video. Simracing girl said in her video she will give it a quick run. I was hoping she would post something somewhere. I know I have to be more patient :)
  • Any date wen it will be on the market and at what price ?

• Sascha KaymerSascha Kaymer Member
    edited September 2017
    Any date wen it will be on the market and at what price ?

As Thomas stated in several interviews pre-production starts in early october and there will be a community event before launch. No date can be given for now.
  • edited September 2017
    Thx Sascha for your reply, i thought thomas saying that he thought it would be strange if the wheel didnt hit the market in 2017 ?!?! gess we have to sit it out untill then  ;)
  • I hope the PS4 compatibility is not that far away. In one of the interviews Thomas stated, that they are in discussions with Sony. If that happen a dream would come true, and I would upgrade my CSW V2 CronusMax Setting... Would be a day one order
  • Hi all, here es a question that has been on my mind, I have right now Fanatec base V2, and for me a big essential for the DD apart from the hi fidelity it can produce its the life time of the product talking about hardware, what do you guys think will it be as V2 or better, I know no belts but still electronics would be inside.
  • Hi all, here es a question that has been on my mind, I have right now Fanatec base V2, and for me a big essential for the DD apart from the hi fidelity it can produce its the life time of the product talking about hardware, what do you guys think will it be as V2 or better, I know no belts but still electronics would be inside.
    From my experience with a couple of DD-systems; under normal conditions, neither of the motors I've used get warm - let alone hot so the primary source of heat is likely to be the power source and I imagine that will be external and have it's own cooling solution.
  • Just for the record I'm squirling away money for this now.  I want it bad.

I don't know how to get in line for this thing now, but I'd put a couple hundy down as a pre-pre-order.
  • No need to get in line. You'll have to wait just as nervous as the rest to place pre order when they hit the site.
  • edited October 2017
    Wow!!! I had the Best Dream Last Night!!! I dreamt that i met Thomas/Fanatec as he was Visiting New York for a Sim Expo and i invited him to stop by My house to BBQ and Drink a Few Cold beers... To My surprise he showed up and when he saw My Man kave he was impressed at My Wheel Collection (---> 6 wheels and Growing Gt2, CSR E, CSW v2 & v2.5 , Tx458 and Yes i still have My Xbox MS wireless wheel :-B <---Im a Wheel Whoarder LOL X_X ) I built a Wall Shelf for them and keep them on display as Man Kave trophies .... "Wow" He said then asked if i ever thought to sell any of them??? I quickly replied Nope their Mine why would i do that??? He frowned and said well i will make you a offer that you may Beta test our New DD wheel if you Give Me the Tx458 it spoils the excellence of your wheel trophy wall B-) That's a No Brainer i said take it its yours :-h and like Magic :-O a DD wheel popped onto MY Rig fully set up ready to Go!!! I was Soo excited about the DD wheel i had No thought or time to drink as Thomas Drank all the Beers while i Raced the Day away \:D/

That was a such a Great Dream i over slept for work this morning :!! Wow Just Wow!!! LOL :D 
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    :D

You could have clearly noticed how unrealistic this dream was when I asked you to give me this TX458 wheel. What would I do with it??? :-P
  • Grimley, you get full stars for that dream, also I think that Tom, may have thought about putting that wheel into the melting pot. I call it recycling ♻. Lols
  • :D

You could have clearly noticed how unrealistic this dream was when I asked you to give me this TX458 wheel. What would I do with it??? :-P
    Grimley, you get full stars for that dream, also I think that Tom, may have thought about putting that wheel into the melting pot. I call it recycling ♻. Lols
    My Best Guess was throw it in the Trash... But it was a No Brainer trade \:D/ What a Great Dream that was... LOL... ---> I'd be willing to pay shipping cost if you decide you want to trade though =D>
  • edited October 2017
    :D

Burn it in a ritual. LMFAO Orrrrrr, let us abuse it and tear it apart on community day... So we all can see what a piece of S**ttie toy it is. Cause I've never used one. LOL
  • Hi there,

I have a suggestion for the Podium Shifter. While the clubsport shifter and others don't really have a changing resistance while using them e.g. in H-Pattern mode, wouldn't it be cool to get a similar feeling to a real car by adding rumble motors used on pedals and in wheels already and the higher the rpm of the car the stronger those motors give feedback while changing gears?

• Here our first Video from the Simracing Expo with the interview with Thomas in german:

I hope it is okay to post it here?
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    You are very welcome to post it here
  • Is this still on track for Q4 of this year?

Perhaps a black friday launch with an introductory price and shipping later?

Just trying to make sure I'm ready to pulll the trigger when it's available.
  • Just don't count on it, for Black friday I guess. Thomas told me at the SRE 17 that these were just prototypes. So the DDs first have to go through intern deep testing and maybe developing software for pc, then go through long public closed beta testing... Clearing found issues and meanwhile production to have enough stock and shipping...
  • Just don't count on it, for Black friday I guess. Thomas told me at the SRE 17 that these were just prototypes. So the DDs first have to go through intern deep testing and maybe developing software for pc, then go through long public closed beta testing... Clearing found issues and meanwhile production to have enough stock and shipping...
    So you're saying their Q4 target is completely out the window and it is unlikely to ship before Q2 2018?  That would be big news that it was delayed 6months.
  • I'm not saying that it is... But my assumption. There's not spoken of any date, so they can take as long as they want to ;)
  • From my experience with a couple of DD-systems; under normal conditions, neither of the motors I've used get warm - let alone hot so the primary source of heat is likely to be the power source and I imagine that will be external and have it's own cooling solution.
    Are you sure ? I read somewhere Fanatec was going for a one housing solution (integrated power source). Hope I'm wrong or misunderstood...
    The smaller base, the easier it is to mount it to the rig in the correct position. My actual V2 base dimensions prevent me to get the screen (triples) closer and/or lower (on my SimLab rig). It's a matter of a few cm, but a smaller housing would help... :-)
  • How long befor they come out, all those awsome racing games are out and I cant play them, it's hard not to invest in other brand Aaaaa!
  • From my experience with a couple of DD-systems; under normal conditions, neither of the motors I've used get warm - let alone hot so the primary source of heat is likely to be the power source and I imagine that will be external and have it's own cooling solution.
    Are you sure ? I read somewhere Fanatec was going for a one housing solution (integrated power source). Hope I'm wrong or misunderstood...
    The smaller base, the easier it is to mount it to the rig in the correct position. My actual V2 base dimensions prevent me to get the screen (triples) closer and/or lower (on my SimLab rig). It's a matter of a few cm, but a smaller housing would help... :-)
    The power brick is the one getting warm. And that's external. I've had my hands ON the DD at Sim Racing Expo and it was as cool as room temp in expo.