Finding the right force feedback settings on PS4

Comments

• I know that in PURPLE MODE Assetto Corsa treats the CSL like a G29. I tried both, Blue and Purple and for me the Blue mode feels good.
    What are other users here thinking about Assetto Corsa on the PS4? 
  • Best game ffb, but the curb feel has been tuned down by game deva in latest update. I used 35% before and have to use 55% now to get almost same feel
  • Marco  JosyMarco Josy Member
    edited November 2017
    i am having same isuues not good at all especially on straights. very more noticable since update. 
     also with the FIA today. very frustrated.
    Since my post yesterday, Gran Turismo Sport has updated to version 1.05. In the release notes, they mentioned an increase in torque in the neutral position:

"The steering wheel controller's force feedback has been adjusted to strengthen the rise of torque near neutral position and suppress vibration on kerbstones."

Now the wheel doesn't want stay centered and tries to push it to one side, causing shaking/oscillations on straights. I can't remember how noticeable it was in the previous version of the game, but now it's so noticeable that it detracts from the gameplay. I'm using default settings in the wheel, except for FEI being set to 50%. In game torque and sensitivity are both at 1. See video below:

I've read elsewhere regarding other games and/or wheels that the game could be looking for a deadzone which doesn't exist. Unfortunately, I don't see any way to create an artificial deadzone on this wheel. 

Can somebody please help with this issue? 

I managed to find some values to minimize the rattling and still have some feeling for the car: In game: Max FF torque: 8 FF sensitivity: 1 Wheel: SEn: Aut FF: 80 SHo: 100 ABS: off dri -4 For: 40 Spr: 100 dPr: off FEI: 40

Hi,
    i have the same issue with shaking/oscillations on straights. And I think it came with GTS V1.05, like you said.
    You can reduce the shaking with the settings, but it is always there.
    Would be nice to here somethings from Thomas about that issue and some solutions.
    Sorry for my english I am not used to it...
  • Yes true. Since Update V1.05 of GTS the wheel starts shaking and oscillating on straight driving when I release my hands from the wheel. I have to keep it steady all the time. Very annoying and also no news on the implementation of the CSL for GTS.
  • Chris LungoChris Lungo Member
    edited November 2017
    I fear that i damaged my Csl Elite. Is it possible to do dat with wrong wheel / ingame settings? It s really difficult to find the right settings ingame of gt sport. I need help, is 2 an 3 ingame a good setting with 100 ffb an 100 fei on the wheel? :sweat:
  • I fear that i damaged my Csl Elite. Is it possible to do dat with wrong wheel / ingame settings? It s really difficult to find the right settings ingame of gt sport. I need help, is 2 an 3 ingame a good setting with 100 ffb an 100 fei on the wheel? :sweat:
    How do you feel you’ve damaged the wheel? What’s it doing or not doing?
  • I know that in PURPLE MODE Assetto Corsa treats the CSL like a G29. I tried both, Blue and Purple and for me the Blue mode feels good.
    What are other users here thinking about Assetto Corsa on the PS4? 
    For me much better in blue mode, with the FFb at 45 in the game the rest to 0 or off. Sorry for my English, Google translator.
  • SMS changed something fundamental in the communication to our wheels and the intention was to improve ff. Unfortunately this went wrong. But we are in daily contact with them and they work hard on a solution. They love our wheels. AC has great ff on PS 4 and GT Sport works as good as with other wheels. Just the button mapping feels strange as you cannot see our CSL wheel in the options menu. It does work fine though.
    GT Sports works well in compatibility mode so please go ahead and enjoy this game. No need to wait for anything. They are working on the implementation of advanced features which are not needed to play the game but will add to the experience. Kazunori Yamauchi himself assured me that this implementation will happen within this year.
    Hi Thomas, any news in terms of the progress in both teams PD and SMS? Many thanks!
  • I'm having problems with the lcd display for the settings of the steering wheel, got some leds erased, one hour works, another not, is there any solution for this?
    I have the exact same problem and going to be making RMA request.  I just don't want to be without a wheel for over a week right now.  Last time I had an issue with XBOX wheel I had to ship bad one back and wait for the replacement.  Of course, these things happen when new games are out and want to play all the time.
  • Andrew HakeAndrew Hake Member
    edited November 2017
    Since my post yesterday, Gran Turismo Sport has updated to version 1.05. In the release notes, they mentioned an increase in torque in the neutral position:

"The steering wheel controller's force feedback has been adjusted to strengthen the rise of torque near neutral position and suppress vibration on kerbstones."

Now the wheel doesn't want stay centered and tries to push it to one side, causing shaking/oscillations on straights. I can't remember how noticeable it was in the previous version of the game, but now it's so noticeable that it detracts from the gameplay. I'm using default settings in the wheel, except for FEI being set to 50%. In game torque and sensitivity are both at 1. See video below:

I've read elsewhere regarding other games and/or wheels that the game could be looking for a deadzone which doesn't exist. Unfortunately, I don't see any way to create an artificial deadzone on this wheel. 

Can somebody please help with this issue? 

This definitely became an issue after the 1.05 update I think. I didn't notice it like this at all before this update. When driving in a straight line there is a noticeable "click" as the wheel crosses back and over the center line. I definitely think it is something the game is doing to better accommodate other wheels that have a deadzone.

Does anyone know a good way to provide feedback to Polyphony Digital? I am sure this is something Thomas and Kaz will get all squared away once the update for full support of the CSL elite comes out, but good to hear from users that issues are happening across multiple users.

Keep up the good work Thomas! Looking forward to the updates.
  • Hi all,

I'm a new CSL Elite (for PS4) user and I too get the oscillations on GT Sport. Any ideas on the best fix?
  • @ Colin,

I had contact with the Fanatec Support. They said we had to contact Polyphony Digital by our self.

@Andrew

I don´t know a good way to contact PD

• @marco

So Fanatec are saying the issue is with GT Sport?

On this theme, I bought Assetto Corsa and that does *not* do it. I found that the steering is very slow on AC i.e. the steering lock seems to small - I wonder if that is a setting.

I do wish that GT Sport didn't oscillate though as aside from that issue, its great.

Also, no PS4 games seem to offer brake or throttle rumble on V3 Clubsport pedals. It works in the calibration app fine so the hardware is good but support seems low on PS4 games. I have never got to try it yet :(

thanks all
  • the same issue. No idea how to fix or reduce it.

I noticed also a clipping signal in purple mode on GTS with the same parameters i used before patch 1.05... any attempt to reduce is going bad... definitely a bad situation, i'm really thinking to get back to T300 and CPX (to use V3i) till these problems will be fixed.... sad so sad...

• @marco

So Fanatec are saying the issue is with GT Sport?

On this theme, I bought Assetto Corsa and that does *not* do it. I found that the steering is very slow on AC i.e. the steering lock seems to small - I wonder if that is a setting.

I do wish that GT Sport didn't oscillate though as aside from that issue, its great.

Also, no PS4 games seem to offer brake or throttle rumble on V3 Clubsport pedals. It works in the calibration app fine so the hardware is good but support seems low on PS4 games. I have never got to try it yet :(

thanks all
    Yes, for AC there is a setting. In options menu... Final page.. Steering rotation xxxx or so, set that to OFF and wheel setting SET to aut
  • I want to share my personal settings for ASSETTO CORSA on PS4 ( Blue Mode ), maybe someone wants to try:

CSL Elite Wheel:
    SEN: 054
    FF:100
    Sho:100
    ABS:Off
    Dri:-05
    For:120
    Spr:100
    Dpr:100
    Fei:100

In Game OPTIONS Menu; Advanced Settings:
    Force-Feedback: 100%
    Kerbs-FFB: 100%
    Street-FFB: 100%
    Drift-FFB:40%
    Understeer: Off
  • @ Antoine, thank you for the information - I will try that tonight :)

@jorg - I will set those up and try them also, thank you very much

@luca - such a shame - it seems like we are stuck between Fanatec and Polyphony here - I spent quite a lot of money (£1000 sterling) upgrading my G29 to a CSL Elite + V3 CS + Shifter and now the pedals don't rumble the wheel wants to oscillate, even when the car is not moving. This is very poor in my opinion.

If there is a fix for this Fanatec, please share it - you should not be relying on your customers to complain to the software manufacturer, you (Fanatec) should be having conversations with them (Polyphony/Sony) to resolve this on your valued customers respective behalfs.

• Actually many people here are complaining about GTS and it´s flaws with the CSL ELITE. Actually to be honest.....I don´t, because it is not FANATEC´s fault for my own opinion. Just play the game and feel the lame Force Feedback, the game physics is sooo damn lame and bad. No fun at all to play, do you think that feels better on other wheels? GTS looks brilliant, the graphics are really nice. But driving is not too much fun for me, I wish GTS would have the sound and the driving physics and Force Feedback of Assetto Corsa and the great amount of cars and tracks of Project Cars2 with all the weather system and real time shift, the combination of the best of these 3 titles would be the perfect game for me.
    I just play mostly Assetto Corsa now, because that is the one which feel good in terms of phsyics and Force Feedback, I wait until PD comes along with the full implementation of the CSL Elite and does provide real FFB.
  • My issue is with the oscillations - that makes the game almost unplayable.

The other issues I can put up with but when a car is stationary and the wheel is left, right, left, right, left, right etc, that isn't just 'lame' as you put it, that is broken. And requires fixing.
  • Yes requires fixing - but that have to be fixed by PD as they introduced this oscillations for a lot of wheels in the 1.05 update. Nothing Fanatec can do here.
  • Oh I see! I didn't realise - so the oscillations were not there prior to 1.05?

Fanatec need to pressure PD then. It will help it's customers :)
  • Actually many people here are complaining about GTS and it´s flaws with the CSL ELITE. Actually to be honest.....I don´t, because it is not FANATEC´s fault for my own opinion. Just play the game and feel the lame Force Feedback, the game physics is sooo damn lame and bad. No fun at all to play, do you think that feels better on other wheels? GTS looks brilliant, the graphics are really nice. But driving is not too much fun for me, I wish GTS would have the sound and the driving physics and Force Feedback of Assetto Corsa and the great amount of cars and tracks of Project Cars2 with all the weather system and real time shift, the combination of the best of these 3 titles would be the perfect game for me.
    I just play mostly Assetto Corsa now, because that is the one which feel good in terms of phsyics and Force Feedback, I wait until PD comes along with the full implementation of the CSL Elite and does provide real FFB.
    +1
  • @Antoine - I looked for those settings in AC but I could not find them. I refer to Assetto on the PS4, is that the version you are referring to?

I could not find this:  n options menu... Final page.. Steering rotation xxxx or so, set that to OFF and wheel setting SET to aut

I could not find STEERING ROTATION - can anyone help me with that?
  • Oh I see! I didn't realise - so the oscillations were not there prior to 1.05?

Fanatec need to pressure PD then. It will help it's customers :)
    Yeah oscillations happened after 1.05 update. Give them time, this stuff isn't fixable in an afternoon. They will get it all sorted out.
  • I will stick to Assetto Corsa in the meantime then :(
  • The following is the work of 'Chipmonk77' on another forum, I thought it may help some of you - I am going to test it this evening:

Fanatec wheels with console games should usually be controlled through the game settings meaning FFB on the Wheel stays 100% whereas in-game the FFB should be adjusted to your personal taste.
    With GT Sports that isn‘t gonna work well because of the wrong FFB signal the game produces right now.
    Can you eliminate the oscillation? Not really, you only can try to manage the forces causing this and add damping force to fight the wheel tending to oscillate.
    Because of that problem you should not use torque >5 in the games FFB settings. This slider is not working in the same way you normally expect meaning this is NO FFB GAIN slider. You don‘t just raise the overall FFB, you are even raising the signals that are wrongfully handled due to the driver problem.
    This may have to do with the G29 behaving different at center position and deadzone...
    Anyway set the torque to 5 and the sensitivity to 1. This reduces damping forces around center giving the wheel a stronger or looser feeling. It is better to manage all of this throughout Fanatec‘s Tuning Menu.

Here are my settings so far:

GT Sport FFB set to 5 and 1

Sen: AUT
    FF: 100
    Sho: OFF (You need another rim and pedal set to feel this shock effect)
    ABS: OFF (Same...)
    Dri: -05 (going higher towards 0 reduces the motor‘s internal damping force > contraproductive)
    For: 100 (You can raise this to 120 if you like but this affects Fei effect and amplifies the rumble noise)
    Spr: 100 (right now i am experimenting with Spr set to OFF)
    Dpr: 100 (right now i am experimenting with Dpr set to OFF/50)
    Brf: 80 (this is only for CSL Elite LoadCell pedals. I am using 5 Shore 85 dampers)
    Fei: 100 (the softening damper to reduce rattling noises is OFF. Lower to 80/70 if too loud)
  • Has anyone found any satisfactory settings for PS4 WRC7? To me it is like driving on a snooker table, no feeling of tarmac, snow, ice or dirt surface texture.
  • The following is the work of 'Chipmonk77' on another forum, I thought it may help some of you - I am going to test it this evening:

Fanatec wheels with console games should usually be controlled through the game settings meaning FFB on the Wheel stays 100% whereas in-game the FFB should be adjusted to your personal taste.
    With GT Sports that isn‘t gonna work well because of the wrong FFB signal the game produces right now.
    Can you eliminate the oscillation? Not really, you only can try to manage the forces causing this and add damping force to fight the wheel tending to oscillate.
    Because of that problem you should not use torque >5 in the games FFB settings. This slider is not working in the same way you normally expect meaning this is NO FFB GAIN slider. You don‘t just raise the overall FFB, you are even raising the signals that are wrongfully handled due to the driver problem.
    This may have to do with the G29 behaving different at center position and deadzone...
    Anyway set the torque to 5 and the sensitivity to 1. This reduces damping forces around center giving the wheel a stronger or looser feeling. It is better to manage all of this throughout Fanatec‘s Tuning Menu.

Here are my settings so far:

GT Sport FFB set to 5 and 1

Sen: AUT
    FF: 100
    Sho: OFF (You need another rim and pedal set to feel this shock effect)
    ABS: OFF (Same...)
    Dri: -05 (going higher towards 0 reduces the motor‘s internal damping force > contraproductive)
    For: 100 (You can raise this to 120 if you like but this affects Fei effect and amplifies the rumble noise)
    Spr: 100 (right now i am experimenting with Spr set to OFF)
    Dpr: 100 (right now i am experimenting with Dpr set to OFF/50)
    Brf: 80 (this is only for CSL Elite LoadCell pedals. I am using 5 Shore 85 dampers)
    Fei: 100 (the softening damper to reduce rattling noises is OFF. Lower to 80/70 if too loud)

Thanks a lot, i'll try

• hi all.I noticed that ffb is much stronger in csw2 mode (on ps4 assetto corsa.) Please thomas does that both on ps4 mode.
  • Question? I did NOT find any answer online so far! If I want to use the FANATEC Formula Rim on PS4 with the CSL Elite base....do I need a Ps4 Controller to connect and control the game and PS4 menu? Or can I do all just with the rim alone, same like with the original rim for the CSL Elite on PS4? Thanks and sorry for a little off topic!