???

Comments

• Looking again that is 100% a McLaren logo
  • Sascha KaymerSascha Kaymer Member
    edited November 2017
    Looking again that is 100% a McLaren logo
    Yes you are right!! :)
  • I wonder, Podium rims have to be a step up from CS rims. Will we get magnetic paddles?
  • Phillip, the V2.5 (and old V2.0) is only compatible with PC and Xbox(with hub).... there are two F1 style wheels for PC and  PS4  ,,, none for Xbox , been waiting since the hub came out for an F1 wheel . and Thomas as good as he is to us, can only give us what Sony and Microsoft allow.
  • First i was thinking the picture is just a puzzle and i simply have to sort it. :D
    2 minutes later i realized ..... this doesn't work. LOL

Yes, i agree about a McLaren branded wheel rim.
  • Loosing interest....
    I was hoping for some podium series items.

I guess I'll have to wait till next year for more information on that
  • Hopefully it's larger than present F1-rim, that wheel is too small for ie. prototypes, modern gt.cars, dtm etc, which wheels are in 29-32cm.

That's why I don't like to use that wheel with those cars 'cause it's not realistically sized. F could also bring that kind of rim(and cut wheelrim in general) to add to un.hub.
  • Loosing interest....

There is more than one rim in that picture and one could be the podium version, I'm sure they must have a new podium rim for the podium DD bases. Looking at the display it looks very similar to the OLED display they showed on the Podium base, also we can see the textured back of one of the copper shifters but below that there is also a similarly texture black piece, I'm thinking 4 paddles. Still can't work out what that fin looking piece is, could be the front of the other paddles or just design flair?
  • Some similarities to a McLaren GT rim can't be dismissed. -> https://abload.de/img/15327editkuoij.jpg
  • I think the new podium serie
  • I think the new podium serie
    there is a part of the pic that says "CSL" so maybe a CSL wheel and a Clubsport or Podium wheel?
  • edited November 2017

Loosing interest....

There is more than one rim in that picture and one could be the podium version, I'm sure they must have a new podium rim for the podium DD bases. Looking at the display it looks very similar to the OLED display they showed on the Podium base, also we can see the textured back of one of the copper shifters but below that there is also a similarly texture black piece, I'm thinking 4 paddles. Still can't work out what that fin looking piece is, could be the front of the other paddles or just design flair?
    According to the facebook post, thats only one wheel and it will be availble for preorder next friday.
    Tomorrow they should announce couple of deals for Black Friday.
    That's that at least

• edited November 2017

Loosing interest....

According to the facebook post, thats only one wheel and it will be availble for preorder next friday.
    Tomorrow they should announce couple of deals for Black Friday.
    That's that at least

There are 2 different QR types in that pic sooo maybe 1 Rim style but at different price points because of the QR. Im Not a Huge fan of Branding---> I Hope its just the Fanatec Logo The Fanatec Logo is More than Good Enough and i proudly Display it in My Man Kave for All to see <--- I dont Let regular None Sime Racer people Touch it though ---> You have to be a fellow Sim Racer to operate any of My Gear.... Bottom Line and im Very Firm about that.
  • I think there is going to be a Mclaren gt3 rim in 2 or 3 versions Clubsport lite, Clubsport or/and maybe Podium. For example the csl version will come with the ''plastic" QR like the stock csl wheel and the clubsport will have the normal QR version + more features and maybe the podium will have more exotic materials like magnesioum , carbon etc. 

I can see Fanatec making wheels - bases - pedals , for CSL, CS, Podium line. Everything you want for every budget you have.

I like this aproach. Csl base , Cs base , Podium base. Csl pedals Cs pedals why not podium pedals? Why not the same with their wheels?

I am selling my t300rs Ferrari alcantara to a friend just to move to fanatec. 
    C'mon Black Friday. . . . . . 
  • looks like two sets of paddles, gear and clutch ??
  • Wim BriesWim Bries Member
    edited November 2017
    McLaren!  :-)

www.bsimracing.com 
  • joe rugo said:
    Phillip, the V2.5 (and old V2.0) is only compatible with PC and Xbox(with hub).... there are two F1 style wheels for PC and  PS4  ,,, none for Xbox , been waiting since the hub came out for an F1 wheel . and Thomas as good as he is to us, can only give us what Sony and Microsoft allow.
    Hi Joe.

I am a prospective Fanatec buyer, and I have been waiting to see what the holidays will bring from fanatec before I decide to make a purchase. In your post you mention the V2.5 and V2.0 wheel base being compatible with the Xbox but with the hub. Is the hub necessary for the V2.5 and V2.0 wheel base to be compatible with the Xbox? Or can I just buy a V2.5 wheel base with an Xbox compatible wheel?

And about the mystery new products...

I really hope that there is a new Xbox One compatible wheel but in a "normal" GT3 style wheel design, kind of like the current Fanatec BMW GT2 wheel which is for the PC and PS4. 

I am not crazy about the oddly shaped F1 like Mclaren wheel. I am really hoping for a nice GT3 style wheel of high quality for the Xbox One as I feel the current options for a wheel for the Xbox One is a bit lacking.
  • Damion, any Xbox compatible rim will work. The hub allows a variety of rims. I have the Forza rim on my hub for Xbox. It works well as a GT size wheel but more options would be nice.
  • ...This steering wheel will be available for pre-order only during the Black Friday weekend and available early next year.
    And of course we will have several other Black Friday offers which will be revealed about one week before.
    I'm counting the days already...
  • Think it is a CSL and CSW LMP style rim. I see two different quick release systems. Lots of carbon and a dial switch.
  • So beautiful if it's the Mclaren wheel!
  • where are the black friday offers >?? been refreshing the page since 7 am :D
  • where are the black friday offers >?? been refreshing the page since 7 am :D
    Same here.
  • One of four is on FB
  • edited November 2017
    Wow that's really a great offer. But I'm looking for a shifter + handbrake bundle for let's say approx. 280€. How about that one?
  • 1. Sold
    Keep them coming.
  • edited November 2017
    i think that this image is the 1 : Official presentation of Podium with pre-orders 2 : Csw v 3.0 3 : New formula rim for the entire line from csl to podium i think the new rim is about 359
  • Do I spy clutch AND gear shift paddles?
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Hard to tell from the images but is the default QR on the new McLaren wheel plastic? Debating whether I should grab the Clubsport QR