Finding the right force feedback settings on PS4

Comments

• Question? I did NOT find any answer online so far! If I want to use the FANATEC Formula Rim on PS4 with the CSL Elite base....do I need a Ps4 Controller to connect and control the game and PS4 menu? Or can I do all just with the rim alone, same like with the original rim for the CSL Elite on PS4? Thanks and sorry for a little off topic!
    Go to product page. Downloads and look at the quick guide. https://www.fanatec.com/us-en/steering-wheels/clubsport-steering-wheel-formula-carbon-us.html
  • @Colin Bailey see picture.
    Hope you don't think that affects actual DOR, do you ?
  • GT Sport does have an issue with oscillation at center. The fix on Fanatec's side should be simple enough I would think - add in a deadzone setting like on the old 911 series wheels. That setting existed to address this exact issue with Logitech emulation, and it worked.
  • I thought that setting was just the video aspect.
  • So guys, Is it possible to  post yours  Settings  for CSL ELITE ( ps4)  i mean from the wheel  and in game like :

Project Cars 2
    Assetto
    GTS 

Let's try  some settings.
  • Hi Thomas. Yes more help required.

Fanatec need to have a dedicated section for PS4 games showing a combination of both ingame and wheel settings.  ( I assume that Fanatec do test their wheels and pedals prior too and after a game release to give developer feedback? ) Also tell us the customers what doesn't work well in games and needs addressing by the game designers e.g. P Cars 2, pretty much no feeling at all when driving over kerbs ( yet plenty of vibration through a hand controller ) We know that if something isn't programmed well in the game there is nothing the Fanatec wheel can do to fix it. 

F1 2017 does have kerb feel through the wheel but little through the V3 pedals. WRC7, no vibration feeling whatsoever of road surface , tarmac, dirt, snow and ice all feel the same ( yet pretty good feedback in PCARS 2 Rallycross ). Maybe the lack of vibration motors in the PS4 wheel are partly to blame but reluctant to spend more money if no difference.

What about a spreadsheet for each game with Fanatec giving settings and comments. Hopefully we can then spend more time playing a game than fiddling around with adjustments.

Finally any possibility that the wheels will allow for more than just 5 saved settings in future updates
  • Hi Thomas. Yes more help required.

Fanatec need to have a dedicated section for PS4 games showing a combination of both ingame and wheel settings.  ( I assume that Fanatec do test their wheels and pedals prior too and after a game release to give developer feedback? ) Also tell us the customers what doesn't work well in games and needs addressing by the game designers e.g. P Cars 2, pretty much no feeling at all when driving over kerbs ( yet plenty of vibration through a hand controller ) We know that if something isn't programmed well in the game there is nothing the Fanatec wheel can do to fix it. 

F1 2017 does have kerb feel through the wheel but little through the V3 pedals. WRC7, no vibration feeling whatsoever of road surface , tarmac, dirt, snow and ice all feel the same ( yet pretty good feedback in PCARS 2 Rallycross ). Maybe the lack of vibration motors in the PS4 wheel are partly to blame but reluctant to spend more money if no difference.

What about a spreadsheet for each game with Fanatec giving settings and comments. Hopefully we can then spend more time playing a game than fiddling around with adjustments.

Finally any possibility that the wheels will allow for more than just 5 saved settings in future updates
    That would make life much to simpel :-)
  • Is it possible to ruin the wheelbase if u had to much FF ingame and on the Wheel Settings? Because woth my settings the wheel FF reduces after 20 minutes of playtime ( 7 / 5 ingame an 100Ff witj 100Fei on wheel)
  • Jörg ZieglerJörg Ziegler Member
    edited November 2017
    @FANATEC......I like the post of MIKE RENWICK. Please give us the best working settings for the CSL ELITE for Assetto Corsa, GTS and Project Cars 2 on PS4!
    I am also fiddling too much around to find good settings and still did not find the ones which works perfectly.
    By the way....I have also the oscillation issue in ASSETTO CORSA and not only in GTS!
    We need some help here!
  • I use my elite csl in purple mode, it is much better.( ps4 assetto corsa)
  • The spreadsheet idea is great.

Fanatec seems to be isolating us on this. Please help Thomas. We have spent quite a lot of money with you :)
  • @FANATEC......I like the post of MIKE RENWICK. Please give us the best working settings for the CSL ELITE for Assetto Corsa, GTS and Project Cars 2 on PS4!
    I am also fiddling too much around to find good settings and still did not find the ones which works perfectly.
    By the way....I have also the oscillation issue in ASSETTO CORSA and not only in GTS!
    We need some help here!

Are you using it in the blue mode with Assetto Corsa?
  • Jörg ZieglerJörg Ziegler Member
    edited November 2017
    Hello THOMAS PIETRYKA.....yes I use Assetto Corsa on PS4 in BLUE MODE! I tried purple mode at the first....and now I use Blue Mode!
    Which mode is really better for Assetto Corsa? I am not sure!
    Of course I know that for GTS we MUST use purple mode until the wheel is fully integrated in the game. For Project Cars 2 I also use blue mode!
  • Not sure that it matters, but I just linked this thread in a forum discussion within the SNAIL racing league regarding the performance of the CSLE. Several high level, GT Academy drivers are weighing the options right now. I just pointed them here.
  • Hi Roy,

When you say 'weighing the options' - what do you mean? Are they trying to help us fix it?
  • edited November 2017
    SMS changed something fundamental in the communication to our wheels and the intention was to improve ff. Unfortunately this went wrong. But we are in daily contact with them and they work hard on a solution. They love our wheels. AC has great ff on PS 4 and GT Sport works as good as with other wheels. Just the button mapping feels strange as you cannot see our CSL wheel in the options menu. It does work fine though.
    GT Sports works well in compatibility mode so please go ahead and enjoy this game. No need to wait for anything. They are working on the implementation of advanced features which are not needed to play the game but will add to the experience. Kazunori Yamauchi himself assured me that this implementation will happen within this year.
    Hi Thomas, any news in terms of the progress in both teams PD and SMS? Many thanks!
    Any news in terms of the progress here beside the general advice to be patient...?
  • Hi Thomas Gts update coming 27th November and another in December. no mention of any update for the fanatec csl PS4 elite WHEEL. not long till end of year.
  • GTS update1.06 on Nov 27th and 1.07 in Dec. as your product is still not fully compatible I think as loyal consumers we would appreciate a date for when the PS4 elite wheel update will happen as there is not long to go till end of year. and kaz notes clearly don't mention any update for the fanatec wheel. and I'm sorry to say we are not getting the the full potential of the product. GTS and PC2
  • I can't play GT:S on the CSL elite - it annoys me too much, that wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble.

STOP IT
  • I hope someone can help me with this. I was playing Dirt rally on PC with no problems, then I decided to play raceroom racing also on PC. 
    My new CSL Elite wheel for ps4 and PC wasn't recognized in the game, so then I tried project cars 2 the wheel was recognized but none of the axis would work i.e. accelerator, brake or clutch, I wasn't able to configure the wheel or pedals ingame, It is in PC mode (red light) so not sure what is wrong?
  • SMS changed something fundamental in the communication to our wheels and the intention was to improve ff. Unfortunately this went wrong. But we are in daily contact with them and they work hard on a solution. They love our wheels. AC has great ff on PS 4 and GT Sport works as good as with other wheels. Just the button mapping feels strange as you cannot see our CSL wheel in the options menu. It does work fine though.
    GT Sports works well in compatibility mode so please go ahead and enjoy this game. No need to wait for anything. They are working on the implementation of advanced features which are not needed to play the game but will add to the experience. Kazunori Yamauchi himself assured me that this implementation will happen within this year.
    Hi Thomas, any news in terms of the progress in both teams PD and SMS? Many thanks!
    Any news in terms of the progress here beside the general advice to be patient...?

any news in terms of the progress in both teams PD and SMS?

GTS Update1.06 is out, but still no CSL Elite support.

The release notes for the next Project CARS2 patch (PS4) mention not the CSL Elite, but only the CSWB series.

"
    Fanatec – improved anti-jolt and high-frequency anti-vibe on the CSWB series."

Source:
    https://playfront.de/project-cars2-umfassender-patch/

• Just being cheeky here...but after 2 months of frustration with Playstation / PD / SMS etc...  I have finally discovered what this wheel is really capable of!  The new PC patch 3 of Project Cars 2 gives AMAZING feeling though the wheel!  I've never enjoyed a steering wheel this much!  

How to achieve proper settings with your CSL Elite PS4 wheel:

1.  Buy CSL Elite wheel
    2.  Install driver kit 297 (No FEI needed)
    3.  Install Project Cars 2 for PC on steam
    4.  Leave everything completely stock
    5.  Drive, smile, enjoy

The demo of PC2 on PS4 gives a similar feel so there's hope for all the PS4 users (i still have mine for racing with friends).  I recommend trying the Formula Renault 3.5 @ RedBull ring on the demo.

Amazing piece of hardware.  THANK YOU FANATEC!

Happy Motoring!
    SA
  • I tdid Guy last summer THE v 2.5 and csl Elie pedalen Lc. I instal for first time THE driver 273 on v 2.5 and Evert thing wordt fine no tanks too bad info from Fanatec support THE say whatever jou want too here If THE get you too Guy there products o ja iT works perfect on Ps 4 butt o no no no when I got iT home I now Fanatec had great Wheels still do butt not csl ps4 Wheels . My clubsport v 2.5 cant get THE driver 273 anymore why is That older ones still are on site Fanatec and pcars 1 was fabelous with THE driver 273 I glad I have csl elite pedels nott for THE kwality THE moter Braket loadcell from gas and my clutch pedal has broken and pedels are whorn out got sideways spell on iT , in online 3 months use and still bad helpsupport from fanatec clienthelp butt THE brakemod loadcell works really great and iT works perfect with my v 2.5 on pc and ps4 still now with F1 2017 pcars2 almost like with driver 273 on pcars1 iT normally is THE case games and Wheels doo gett beter not less then before give us beter drivers and firmware , don t buy csl ps4 wheels no more , go for csw v 2,5 öre d drive wheel and buy at collective minds website THE drivehub THE have dune there homework all cum laude ,,,,!!!!!!!!!!!! THE have sorted out force feedback problems for us drivehub is compatibel with almost Every wheel on THE market and you can even switch from different brands and accessory s and iT works whell togeter That is wat THE mean with plug and play !!!!!!! Yep juist with a push off aan button iT is compatibel , DRIVEHUB I THINK THAT WAT DRIVEHUB IS NOW THE WAY WAS FROM FANATEC , BEFORE SONY STARTED **** WITH THEM
  • Just being cheeky here...but after 2 months of frustration with Playstation / PD / SMS etc...  I have finally discovered what this wheel is really capable of!  The new PC patch 3 of Project Cars 2 gives AMAZING feeling though the wheel!  I've never enjoyed a steering wheel this much!  

How to achieve proper settings with your CSL Elite PS4 wheel:

1.  Buy CSL Elite wheel
    2.  Install driver kit 297 (No FEI needed)
    3.  Install Project Cars 2 for PC on steam
    4.  Leave everything completely stock
    5.  Drive, smile, enjoy

The demo of PC2 on PS4 gives a similar feel so there's hope for all the PS4 users (i still have mine for racing with friends).  I recommend trying the Formula Renault 3.5 @ RedBull ring on the demo.

Amazing piece of hardware.  THANK YOU FANATEC!

Happy Motoring!
    SA
    Driver 297? Does that exist? The latest is v293 right?
  • I wrote this also in GT sport comments:

I'm new to Fanatec and I have only start usig the CSL elite PS4 and v3i pedals and 1.5 shifter for two days coming from a t150. It took me an evening to set everything up and learn how the wheel works. I play GT Sport a lot and it really feels good in purple mode. Got already 3 seconds off my fastest lap on nordschliefe with room to improve. So happy with the new setup. 

I want to share my settings that can maybe help others: These are the only settings that work for me on GT Sport and I tried all different combinations:

Controller sensitivity: 0, Force feedback Max Torque: 2, Force feedback Sensitivity: 1. Changing this to other values gives me unwanted forces. 

On wheel I noticed S_1 doesnt have drift -5, so I used S_3: Sen: AUT, FF: 80 (change if u like more or less ff), Sho: 100, ABS: 100 (i prefer abs and pedal vibration when fully pressed), drI: -05, For: 100, SPr: 100, dPr: OFF (ON feels a bit strange), brF: 100, FEI: OFF (prefer OFF in purple). 

Cheers

• SOS . . . . . Brand new , just opened csl elite ps4 racing wheel

Just opened my csl ps4 wheel and when i press the power button it will not calibrate. It starts the calibration but after about 30 degrees it stucks with the 3 orange rev lights on and the power led blinking red. 
  • Today I tried the demo version of project cars 2 and it seems that the csl is much better than in the whole game ... will it be well implemented in the demo? [-O<
  • @ Fanatec and Community: Project CARS 2 - PS4 PATCH 1.3.0.1 should be released now, does the patch change things for the CSL Elite PS4 ?
    Should be "Blue Mode" used now or is "Purple Mode" still the way to go ?

Thanks for your Help !

• Hello Martin, bleu mode on project Cars 2 (PS4)works fine now. I’m really happy with it :) Something else: Anybody have some advice for assetto Corsa? The FFB Is not strong enough. Any advice on settings?