Fanatec Podium Series - UPDATE

Comments

• "We have received your request! Dear Peter #####, Thank you for contacting us. We have received your message and will get back to you as soon as possible. Best regards, Your Fanatec Team " Hello dear Fanatec team, My registration as a beta tester was on September 29, 2017, I would like to know if you still need testers for the DD base. I would be really happy to hear from you again. @Thomas: kannst du uns sagen ob wir noch dieses Jahr das Podium erklimmen dürfen?
  • How long for the next update?
    The suspense is killing me. 8-}

Price?
    You mentioned new wheels. Which one?

All this tease and no info.
  • edited October 2017
    A
  • edited October 2017
    How long for the next update?
    The suspense is killing me. 8-}

Price?
    You mentioned new wheels. Which one?

All this tease and no info.

Ya I now how you feel, thinking about to go for thrustmaster if this is taking to long, i'm sad
    I don't know about all that LoL. That seems a bit radical.
    I just don't want to place my order and then 2 weeks later regret not getting the brand new wheel or DD base.
    That's the only thing holding me back right now or else my setup would've been order already.
  • Is this still being released this year?
  • Thomas reported at the SIM Expo release would be early 2018
  • edited October 2017
    Thomas reported at the SIM Expo release would be early 2018
    Ehm, no.
    In EVERY interview Thomas said "It's done when it's done". He never told anyone a specific date or time frame (at least not on camera) other than "if we can't make it in 2018 it indeed would be a big fail".
  • Watch the interview with Race Department.
  • edited October 2017
    Watch the interview with Race Department.
    Thats exactly the Interview I quoted.

06:10 - Question: "But it's fair to say we'll probably see this in 2018?" - Answer: "Oh yeah, if we cant make it in 2018 that would be a big fail".

No mention of an early 2018 release. He only mentioned in other interviews that pre-production starts in october (most probably that are beta wheels) and that there will be a community event in november or december which will also help them to finalize things for the end product.
    Maybe its already coming late this year, maybe early next year but maybe mid or late 2018. Only thing whích is pretty safe is that it will definetely come at last in 2018 and not in 2019.
  • Thanks for the clarification, my apologies for the mis-quote.
  • All I know is that I'm trying as hard as I can to not make an impulse buy and all this secrecy is driving me mad.
    I may just bite the bullet and go for a v2.5 or the clubsport elite for ps4 compatibility reasons.

Just have a feeling that I will regret placing that order.

• All I know is that I'm trying as hard as I can to not make an impulse buy and all this secrecy is driving me mad.
    I may just bite the bullet and go for a v2.5 or the clubsport elite for ps4 compatibility reasons.

Just have a feeling that I will regret placing that order.

If you have already some setup of wheel//wheelbase/pedals ... then wait and see if the podium series is what you want/like/need. If you have nothing and can’t wait or a DD is not what you want, or PS4/xBox compabilty is needed... go for the elite Wheelbase. It’s compatible with all fanatec wheels.
  • And... Until than... Thomas won't say anything about price or release date... Until it's ready to be sold... As always LoL
  • And... Until than... Thomas won't say anything about price or release date... Until it's ready to be sold... As always LoL
    He said more than the v2.5. I just hope less than a ricmotech or simxperience unless it comes with a nice wheel

... until then ... as I previously said, if you have ANY setup, no matter what brand or kind ... use it and decide when the podium series is ready. I started in 2013 with a Logitech, and brought in June a used Clubsport V2 with a BMW wheel. Plus the inverted CSP V3 pedals. That setup does not need to be changed at all, even I tried a Bodnar and a SimXperience already. A DD is on my wishlist too. But not as beta tester or first buyer. Get the CSL Elite if you have no Wheelbase at all, or stay with what you have now and be patient. It will be available in 2018.
  • OSW Argon user here. Unfortunately the OSW community went in a different direction to SimCube. I hate that i was left in the dust there. I am looking forward to going back to a wheel that has a real company backing it. I just don't feel like spending another $800 to chase the present OSW technology. The next big spend will be on the Podium series.  I surely hope this wheel will exceed the OSW in fidelity. I don't really care about overall force so long as it is close to the lower power motors out there. Looking forward to this purchase and hope I wont be waiting to long. My club sport shifter needs some company!

• Thomas reported at the SIM Expo release would be early 2018
    Ehm, no.
    In EVERY interview Thomas said "It's done when it's done". He never told anyone a specific date or time frame (at least not on camera) other than "if we can't make it in 2018 it indeed would be a big fail".
    That is what he said, but on this very blog they also said

First public appearance:
    We plan to show this product at the Simracing Expo this year.

Launch date
    Q4 2017

• 2 months and not even a hint of an update... You're killing me smalls! 

• I really wish there was an update before black friday so I could decide between the CSW V2.5 or the $999 Accuforce v2 for Black Friday..
  • ^^^Exactly^^^

The Accuforce V2 is a hard deal to pass up right now. I just don't like being stuck with one wheel without having to mod other wheels.

I would also like to know what else is being worked on for the "SERIES". Are we going to see a new shifter, V4 pedals (hydraulic maybe), new wheels...  Come on FANATEC, inquiring minds want to know.
  • i would wait if i was you guyz, i will wait for the new podium series thats for sure, i think its gonna be awsome!
  • I feel a DJI Mavic situation arising.. Very limited release before Christmas to make everyone pre order then everyone has to wait until mid q1 before delivery starts....
  • Yeah. They said the community would be implied during october. We are almost in december and still not a word. Moderators read all these messages with care but none will reply because obviously they've been given the word not to... This is poor strategic communication! I think they should really start thinking about giving us information
  • Roland SchmidRoland Schmid Member
    edited November 2017
    really disappointing how no info has come out post reveal... :thumbsdown:
  • Anyone heard or know the expected weight of the podium dd servo compared to mige dd servo drive? Reason I ask is now looking at buying a sim rig over christmas (sales) for new setup and dont want buy only to findout it cant take the weight of the fanatec podium servo. 

• Thomas how about a hint of a release or maybe a pre order for the DD Please
  • 6th of December....
  • Henri R said:
    6th of December....
    NOPE !!
  • edited December 2017
    Hello Thomas, how the test has run? Are there anew infos to DD-Wheel? Thanks and greetings to Landshut
    Frank
  • Hallo Thomas wird die Podium Serie eigentlich auch PS4-READY sein? Gruß aus Hamburg Mehmet