Finding the right force feedback settings on PS4

Comments

• edited December 2017
    SMS changed something fundamental in the communication to our wheels and the intention was to improve ff. Unfortunately this went wrong. But we are in daily contact with them and they work hard on a solution. They love our wheels.
    Hi Thomas, can you please confirm that the recent PC2 patch from SMS is not the final one in terms of CSL Elite compatibility. Because there is nothing mentioned about it in the patch notes.
    https://www.pcars-forum.de/thema/8887-fanatec-ffb-defekt/
  • Hi, not sure if someone can help.  I am trying to set up Fanatic Elite CSL (PS4) on F1 2017 and although the wheel connects and works, I'm getting no force feedback and no lights displaying.  Is it a simple case of updating the firmware?  I would have thought the wheel would have had the latest firmware on it especially for this game as I only purchased it 4 weeks ago.

• Also does the latest Firmware mean that the wheel will work with Gran Turismo Sport?  
  • Also does the latest Firmware mean that the wheel will work with Gran Turismo Sport?  
    You need to update to the latest firmware, and for GT Sport, set the wheel to the Purple compatibility mode (which emulates a G29) and you will get FFB. PD is working on full support for the CSL Elite to work properly in normal PS4 mode (blue) and have full customization settings in game. You can actually adjust the settings for the G29 with the CSL Elite in Purple mode to adjust what the buttons on the wheel do, which is useful for adjusting TCS and Fuel Map settings while driving in-game.
  • Guys, 

Like all of you know PC2 have realese the 3.1 version and from my point is have make a difference in the driving with the CSL PS4, far yet from AC but much better, my point is like Thomas said all the problems with the performance are not in ours RIM is in the game site. Hope Thomas keep the pressure high to the developers to fix all those problems in a short time, and hope in the case of AC they fix the problem with the button mapping thing that keep me out of the game.

See you in the track...... 
  • After only playing PC2 for only a couple of hours when I first got it (coz I couldn't find any FF settings that I liked in any mode), I just tried last night after the update. Much much better. I just need to put test more to fine tune the right combo of settings on both PC2 and the wheel. 
  • Yes PC2 feels much better now, but still not as good as AC and GTS. Especially GTS feels much better now after the last patch, even though the CSL Elite is still not implemented by PD, which is a shame.
  • Thanks Andrew for your advice. I notice there is not much on here about F1 2017 but I see it is compatible with the CSL Elite. I have tried in all modes but it doesn’t seem to make the right connection with the game. I can drive but the steering is strange and has virtually no effect after it’s turned 90 degrees. The only way I can make it work at all is to have all the settings on 0 but saturation on 100. This doesn’t seem right. Also none of the lights light up and there is no FFB. Please someone advise what I am doing wrong before I lose the plot altogether!
  • *I have tried updating to the latest firmware but it says the wheel already has the latest
  • edited December 2017
    Hello,

I have the CSL Elite PS4 that I use on PS4pro and XboxOneX.

I have the same games on each console, what comes to my mind right now is the game Assetto Corsa

On Playstation there is no problem, on the other hand on Xbox the game has a bad direction, I try every possible setting
    (i also look in asseto in the games menu)
    and nothing to do there is a problem, can you see your side?
    (this is the base csl elite ps4 with the steering wheel p1 alcantara xbox)

Forza motorsport also the direction is not optimal and in Forza and Assetto the ffb same minimum is very strong in comparison to the games on PS4. (i also look in the forza menu games)

For GtSport in compatibility mode I find that the following parameters are good (to also avoid that the wheel oscillates all the time even in the menu)

SEn: AUT - FF: 100 - SHo: 100 - Abs: Off - drI: -05 -FOR: 80 (good compromise ingame vibration straight line) - SPr: between 60 and 80 (it is he who vibrates the wheel in the menu if it is touched) - DPr: 100 - FEI: 30 max 40 (because it slams too much if a 50 see 100)
    and in the game I put the ffb and force back to 4 and 4

(xbox et ps4)">On Pcars 2 Patch 3.0 everything is good ;) (xbox and ps4 blue mode)
    On F1 2017 everyting is good ;)(ps4 blue mode, not try on xbox)
    On Assetto Corsa PS4 blue mode is good, green mode xbox on xbox is bad bad direction and ffb
    On DirtRally
    no problem encountered (i have no memory)
    Forza little problem direction and ffb

Here is tell me if you used the wheel on Xbox and what are your parameters on forza and Assetto, because I have a little trouble (much less forza it is more playable than assetto corsa on xbox while assetto corsa on ps4 is wonderful)

Thank you

Sam

Sorry for my english, i don't speak english... (Google Translate)
  • edited December 2017
    So I have a encountered a problem yesterday.

I always have my setting for GT Sport on the S_2 on the wheel. I was somewhat happy with the settings. A little heavy but i thought i had a really good tire and rood feel.

But yesterday i found settings on GT Planet and thought i'd try those settings. So i put those settings on S_3. Thinking i could switch and see what i liked best.

Now it's all messed up!!
    I have literally no roadfeel anymore and i can turn the wheel with on finger and i have to rotate the wheel ALOT more then i used to. Doesn't matter if i use my settings on S_2 or yours on S_3..

WTF.. I really don't get it. I rebooted the wheel and the PS4. STill the same.. Reset the tuning settings and put in my old settings. Still the same.. What could have happend?

I managed to get it to steer somewhat heavier but not at all close to what i had. How could this be? Because the purpose of the different S-settings on the wheel is to switch between settings for different games right?

What could i do? Because i can't get it right anymore :(

PS: Yes i'm in purple mode.
  • It is very easy to be wrong, I think a moment of innatention and you have to change the parameters also on the S2, for the force it is necessary to look for the side of the FOR or put everything at 100 and adjust as and when as you like.

if not make a reset of the steering wheel for 10 sec as indicated in the manual and then reconfigured as you like,
    put I do not believe that the program has bugged
  • It is very easy to be wrong, I think a moment of innatention and you have to change the parameters also on the S2, for the force it is necessary to look for the side of the FOR or put everything at 100 and adjust as and when as you like.

if not make a reset of the steering wheel for 10 sec as indicated in the manual and then reconfigured as you like,
    put I do not believe that the program has bugged
    Thank you for your input but I wrote down my S2 settings. Then went to S3 and put in the settings i got from GT Planet. Those settings on S3 didn't feel right. Way to light so I paused the game. Pushed the Tuning button and engaged S2. Totally different feel then before I put in settings on S3. So weird.

I also reset the settings like you say and put in the S2 settings I wrote down. still the same..

Maybe I will hook up the base to my laptop and install firmware again and try it again. I really don't get it..
  • hi anyone can post their settings from WRC7 ?
  • hello!!for ps4 on gtsport in how long the new firmware !!!that makes polyphony?thanks!!for the rest at the top marerial fanatec
  • Hi Thomas can u confirm that gt sport will be supported in blue mode. or will it be purple mode with advanced features. 

Of course it will work with the blue mode in future. This is an official PS4 wheel and it will work as good or better than any other wheel on GTS.

• edited December 2017
    ... it will work with the blue mode in future...
    What ever that means.
  • Hello,
    Yesterday I received my CSL E RW PS4 EU wheel + CSP V3 pedals.
    I updated firmware to latest. First thing to try was Gran Turismo Sport. I am aware that currently it works in compatibility mode(purple).
    In tuning menu everything is on default. While driving it feels very good and responsive. But I find something strange. Driving in straight line the wheel is oscilating very hard around the center. This oscillation even happens when the car is fully stopped.
    Is there anything I can do in order to fix this or to expect it fixed when full support for Fanatec is released by PD?

Regards,
    Georgi
  • hi anyone can post their settings from WRC7 ?
    I regret buying WRC7 as can't get it to work with either my V3 pedals or handbrake ! Fanatec won't give any settings as say it is down to personal preference however I just want to get the things working. Now if you want to see how the PS4 Fanatec system works at it's best try Rallycross in P Cars 2 ( worth buying everything just for that ) Good luck with WRC7 and hopefully someone can explain how to get the pedals and handbrake working. WRC have made no effort to address my issues despite emailing their tech support twice in recent weeks.
  • GT Sports works well in compatibility mode so please go ahead and enjoy this game. No need to wait for anything. They are working on the implementation of advanced features which are not needed to play the game but will add to the experience. Kazunori Yamauchi himself assured me that this implementation will happen within this year.
    I hope Kazunori Yamauchi holds true to his word, nearly the end of the year, several updates/maintenance sessions and still no official support.. 
  • Hello,
    Yesterday I received my CSL E RW PS4 EU wheel + CSP V3 pedals.
    I updated firmware to latest. First thing to try was Gran Turismo Sport. I am aware that currently it works in compatibility mode(purple).
    In tuning menu everything is on default. While driving it feels very good and responsive. But I find something strange. Driving in straight line the wheel is oscilating very hard around the center. This oscillation even happens when the car is fully stopped.
    Is there anything I can do in order to fix this or to expect it fixed when full support for Fanatec is released by PD?

Regards,
    Georgi
    Yes this is a known issue at the moment. One thing that helps a bit is to turn down the SPR (Spring) setting on the wheel tuning menu. I don't like turning it all the way down, but turning it down to 50 or 60 or so helps minimize it a little bit. Turning it even lower can help completely eliminate it but also gets rid of some feel I found. This should definitely be gone once PD implements full support.
  • Jean MarthJean Marth Member
    edited December 2017
    I need some additional infos on the FEI setting.

In the first post the explanation is:
    FEI Force Effects Intensity: 
    Always start at 100% and if the effects are too sharp or there is a strong and noisy rattle which you do not like then turn it down to a lower value. 

The setting range in the wheel is off..010..100, so what's happening when set to off? No more effects or no more filtering and is off the same as 100?

In an older Blog the explanation it's exactly the other way:
    New Tuning parameter "Force Effects Intensity" (FEI)
    To provide optimizations according to your personal preference we are introducing a new tuning menu parameter called 'FEI' ('Force Effect Intensity'), adjustable within the range of 000 - 010. The current default setting is 000 which is equal to the parameters in previous public released firmwares for both bases. Increasing the value for FEI means that the motor will decrease the attack impact, when FFB effects are leading to immediate direction changes. Higher FEI values softens up the intensity of harsh effects to reduce mechanical sounds and can even make them feel more natural. 

So with this the range from off..010..100 would make more sense, as off ist no dampening and 100 is maximum dampening.

So please give me some lights up.
  • edited January 2018
    GT Sports works well in compatibility mode so please go ahead and enjoy this game. No need to wait for anything. They are working on the implementation of advanced features which are not needed to play the game but will add to the experience. Kazunori Yamauchi himself assured me that this implementation will happen within this year.
    So what is the state of play here? Many thanks for a short Update.
  • edited January 2018
    SMS changed something fundamental in the communication to our wheels and the intention was to improve ff. Unfortunately this went wrong. But we are in daily contact with them and they work hard on a solution. They love our wheels. AC has great ff on PS 4 and GT Sport works as good as with other wheels. Just the button mapping feels strange as you cannot see our CSL wheel in the options menu. It does work fine though.
    And how about this issue? Is this solved meanwhile...? Many thanks again.
  • csl elite ps4 is very good on pcars 1 and 2!!!

• i have a mode green on my csl elite ps4?what that?
    green ?? Yellow maybe....
    Maybe on Xbox ?
  • edited January 2018
    I guess he is talking about the yellow mode.But maybe green is the new blue. Who knows?

Regarding the settings to minimize the wobble/oscillation of the wheel. I set both FFB in-game values to 1 (max. 2), DRI to -5 and FOR to 70. This malkes GT Sport at least playable for me in this famous purple mode.
  • yes i have hub xbox !!! on csl elite!!