Updates on Mclaren, Podium Base and GTS

Comments

• edited February 2018
    Any chance for GTS implementation on tomorrows patch?
    "Unfortunately I did not get any confirmation when this change will be patched to the game."
  • Ian MchaleIan Mchale Member
    edited February 2018
    As a current OSW owner, I'd love to beta the new podium and give comparison impressions. :)
    Another osw mige owner here. Would love to beta podium to compare it because if its better the osw would be getting sold.
  • Hello I Have a Accuforce Direct Drive Wheel Plug and Play it will be a good comparison for system and wheel power if you need more Beta Tester i'm ok.
    Thanks
  • Hey Olli,

How can one apply to be a part of the team?  Do you train people or simply find talented and polished people and "hire" them?
    The TRL guys are extremely fast. I always see them on the records and top times in the daily races. They put some really sick times... always make me wonder how %$#"%%" I am going to cut 3 seconds!!???  :D
    Good job!

But it looks that this this should not stop you from going fast. Here are some WORLD RECORDS driven by our Team Redline drivers with a CSL Elite Racing Wheel in compatibility mode.

Thomas if you look at the description of the video it says:Wheel-Thrustmaster T300.;)

Hi,

Olli Pahkala here from Team Redline / Fanatec. I provided Thomas the world record videos. This was done in understanding that our Redline guys were using our racing wheels at that time but they weren't. Now they are, so it was a misunderstanding from my side. =)

You can check our Redline World Records from their newly created Facebook channel as well, which are done with the CSL E RW PS4: https://www.facebook.com/TRLGranTurismo/

Sorry for the inconvenience, race hard and go pro! =)

• Dying to see first reviews on Podium Wheel Base ! Hope You will meet the timelines or even sooner ^-^
  • Hopefully these coupons would be valid long enough to put towards the new base?
  • When can we preorder the dd wheel I want it all and i want it now
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    When can we preorder the dd wheel I want it all and i want it now
    I would really love to sell you this wheel right away but we will start taking orders when we clearly see that all major issues are solved and the specs are final. 

You will probably hear more about it over the next months as we are more and more in control of these little monsters.
  • Hi guys,

anyone in front of PS4 ? any news about this morning patch ?

Thx

• For waiting, why not showing us a little more about this Mclaren GT3 wheel ?
    I mean, am I wrong if I say that all photos we saw were just 3D images ?
    I would like to see how the wheel looks on a real photo. Or why not to make a real video of the wheel in action ? :)
  • That would be nice too.

Also, even when this McL GT3-wheelrim is step to right direction, I would like to see them make ie. MB GT3/dtm etc style wheelrim, maybe as an addon for universal hub.
  • Olli PahkalaOlli Pahkala Member, Moderator, Betatester
    edited February 2018
    Hey Olli,

How can one apply to be a part of the team?  Do you train people or simply find talented and polished people and "hire" them?
    The TRL guys are extremely fast. I always see them on the records and top times in the daily races. They put some really sick times... always make me wonder how %$#"%%" I am going to cut 3 seconds!!???  :D
    Good job!

Hi Rafael,

Thank you for the compliment! The guys are fast in GTS alright! I tried to catch up with the pace the other night, and couple of hours will not do the trick to be on the top.. :D

We are more of talent scouting team regarding recruitment of new drivers. We do collaborate inside the team a lot, most of it is pushing eachother over the limit.The raw pace of all of our drivers is the key, and we expect the talent from the drivers we want to recruit. We develop our drivers yes in many ways, but the raw pace is required and we take then the drivers to the next level together with the team. =)

You can drop us a message of course to put your name for us to follow-up, then it will be easier for us to come back to you once you have the performance. This is the way I got in as well! =)
  • Is it possible that the CSL Elite will not longer supportet in purple mode in GT Sport? Really?
  • was the pre-order on invite only for the mclaren wheel, would have liked to pre-order it. I'm on the email list though but recently spent a fortune on a new wheel and accessories.
  • Is it possible that the CSL Elite will not longer supportet in purple mode in GT Sport? Really?
    Is that true? You mean it's possibly no longer working in the compatibility mode? Anyone who can confirm that...?
  • Now it works - suddenly... strange thing. Dont panic - it working. Sry!
  • edited February 2018
    What's the difference between "all costumers" and "all affected costumers"?
  • Well i have the V2.5 Base, porsche Rim, V3 Pedals and Handbreak ... until new stuff regarding podium series would stir my interest the Mclaren wheel was the only thing i wanted, pre order it and then added the quick release and payed... coupon for the quick release is pretty much something i will not use, since you are now offering the quick release any chance i can get only the quick release money back or do i have to cancel everything ? :/ , cause im still interested in the wheel....

Thanks
    Lino
  • edited February 2018
    Well i have the V2.5 Base, porsche Rim, V3 Pedals and Handbreak ... until new stuff regarding podium series would stir my interest the Mclaren wheel was the only thing i wanted, pre order it and then added the quick release and payed... coupon for the quick release is pretty much something i will not use, since you are now offering the quick release any chance i can get only the quick release money back or do i have to cancel everything ? :/ , cause im still interested in the wheel....

Thanks
    Lino
    I think you misunderstood the statement.
    You will get the McLaren wheel with a Quick Release.
    You will also get a coupon with a value of the Quick Release when you originally ordered the Quick Release, which would be 99,95 €. With this coupon you can buy something else in the webshop like another rim or a shifter.
  • Terry ChenTerry Chen Member
    edited February 2018
    Is the new McLaren rim gonna be compatible with the new Podium series? 
    Is the new McLaren rim gonna be compatible with the new Podium series? 
    All steering wheels will be compatible to our Podium DD bases. But you need to operate the McLaren wheel with the Clubsport QR Adapter to unlock the full torque.
  • Well i have the V2.5 Base, porsche Rim, V3 Pedals and Handbreak ... until new stuff regarding podium series would stir my interest the Mclaren wheel was the only thing i wanted, pre order it and then added the quick release and payed... coupon for the quick release is pretty much something i will not use, since you are now offering the quick release any chance i can get only the quick release money back or do i have to cancel everything ? :/ , cause im still interested in the wheel....

Thanks
    Lino
    I think you misunderstood the statement.
    You will get the McLaren wheel with a Quick Release.
    You will also get a coupon with a value of the Quick Release when you originally ordered the Quick Release, which would be 99,95 €. With this coupon you can buy something else in the webshop like another rim or a shifter.
    No i didnt misunderstood what im saying is that there is nothing of interest ATM for me to buy with the coupon therefore i would prefer a refund :) but seems that refunds only if you cancel the entire pre order..
  • edited February 2018
    The delay is just 2 month. So it's much more than a nice gesture from Thomas. Actually he has no necessity to compensate the delay at all. But he will! So I think it's more appropriate to thank Thomas for this nice move instead of cancelling the pre-order. Thank you once again Thomas.
  • Thomas, you said "We had some last minute electrostatic issues on this product and we had to make some small design changes" can you give us more info about these changes ?
    Thomas, you said "We had some last minute electrostatic issues on this product and we had to make some small design changes" can you give us more info about these changes ?
    Nothing dramatic. We just had to cancel the clutch and the OLED display. ;)
  • Ca veux dire qu'il ny aura pas d'embrayage et d'affichage OLED sur la version final ??!!! Cest une blague j'espère
  • Greg SnellGreg Snell Member
    edited February 2018
    Yeah, just a joke. ;)
  • Thomas, you said "We had some last minute electrostatic issues on this product and we had to make some small design changes" can you give us more info about these changes ?
    Nothing dramatic. We just had to cancel the clutch and the OLED display. ;)
    :) :) :)
  • Lino CarreiraLino Carreira Member
    edited February 2018
    I apreciate thomas Gesture and i have the utmost respect for these situations, if thomas just said..ok delay 2 months some last minute problems... no issue whatsoever with me, but he didnt, he offered a quickrelease to everyone as a compensation, since i already payed for the thing and i dont consider myself less or more then the rest of his customers i just asked a valid question, no im not planning to cancel my pre order... and i probably can use the coupon with some friend, was just wondering if that was the only solution..over sensitive people..jeezz
  • What's the difference between "all costumers" and "all affected costumers"?
    i would guess all customers would be anyone who has purchased anything from fanatec and all affected customers  are those that have pre ordered the McLaren wheel