GTS fully supports Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel UPDATE

Comments

• same for me ......
    I really don't like these rumbles so if someone have a good setup ( in the wheel and the game parameters ;-) )to reduce this , it would be a good help for me
    I try FEI at 100 then 50 and it still feel to strong and very noisy
    I would have a technical question about the FEI parameter now.
    Now with the update I get a bit of rumbling and shaking of the wheel when I have situations over the limit of the car or when the wheels block heavily, I did not have that before in GTS in purple mode. 
    Is that bad for the wheel? Should I reduce the FEI or just leave it like that? It is very very seldom and only in situations exceeding the car limits.

Another positive note about the update: There is no wheel oscillation anymore, which is great.

• edited March 2018
    Extremely happy for the news !!!!
  • Please, Thomas. The wheel led lights (none of them) do not work in blue mode.
  • Please, Thomas. The wheel led lights (none of them) do not work in blue mode.

It’s pd (maker of GT Sport) that’s not supported yet
  • Thomas HaasThomas Haas Member
    edited March 2018
    After my first test with the new update (with old settings) in general I experienced that the wheel was too light and FFB effects for road feel are nearly gone. Also I didn't found the right point anymore just before real wheelspin starts. No feeling at all when going fast over a hill and the car gets light with reduced wheel grip (eg. Quiddelbacher Höhe at Nordschleife). At the same time I got chattering and noise when going over some of the curbs in tight corners.

So I increased the in-game settings first and made some smaller changes in-wheel but I'm still working on it.

Test Track and car: Nordschleife with Porsche 911 RSR (GT3) 

In game settings:
    Controller sensitivity: 7 (It's only relevant for DS4 Controllers if I'm not wrong)
    FFB max torque: 3 (increased from 2)
    FFB sensitivity: 4 (increased from 2)

In wheel settings:
    SEN: 054 (depends on the car, for GT3 Cars I use 054)
    FF:    100
    SHO: 100
    ABS: 100
    DRI:   -02 (reduced from -03)
    FOR: 100
    SPR: 100
    DPR: 100
    BRF:  040 (using Clubsport Pedals V3)
    FEI:   090 (reduced from 100)

The road feel is now a bit better and wheelspin can be controlled in a good manner. However I'm still not there where I want to be with the wheel. Especially when going over hills the loosing wheel grip is not detectable with my current settings.

It would be nice if some more people can post their settings before and after the update.
  • Have you all not read read the ingame text. The FFB max torque should be set as low as possible for the most sensitive feeling. The higher, the less info it feed the wheel...That is my understanding anyhow.
  • Have you all not read read the ingame text. The FFB max torque should be set as low as possible for the most sensitive feeling. The higher, the less info it feed the wheel...That is my understanding anyhow.
    I still get very good road feel with the max torque set to 9. Every little gap in the road, every curb and larger curb and change in track surface just fine. Cars in real life have quite a heavy steering feel when driven at the limit. I just like to try to match up cars that I have driven in game and real life and make it feel correct. 

Max torque to the lowest setting will give you almost no feeling at all. In compatibility mode setting Max Torque to 4 or 5 feels like setting the wheel to 8 or 9 for me in Blue PS4 mode. Which is nice because it gives you a much wider adjustment range. In compatibility mode anything above 5 started to feel too strong.
  • @Thomas one thing I think that would be a good idea to bring up to Kaz and PD is the understeer effect. I personally don't mind it, but I think allowing the user to adjust how strong it is would be a good idea. Cars in real life definitely exhibit the same shaking behavior (the tires skipping across the surface when they are way past their max scrub angle), but could be nice to just allow people to adjust it up and down to their preference.

Also I am sure you are aware that the speed indication and shift lights currently aren't working at the moment in blue mode. Doesn't really bother me but I am sure people would like to have that back asap. 
    That would be the case before 1.15, now it’s a different case i started with 3 but that was way to little, got way more feedback with 6 and now i am up with 9! And about 85 on the wheel, to much for me but it manageble
  • Andrew HakeAndrew Hake Member
    edited March 2018
    After my first test with the new update (with old settings) in general I experienced that the wheel was too light and FFB effects for road feel are nearly gone. Also I didn't found the right point anymore just before real wheelspin starts. No feeling at all when going fast over a hill and the car gets light with reduced wheel grip (eg. Quiddelbacher Höhe at Nordschleife). At the same time I got chattering and noise when going over some of the curbs in tight corners.

So I increased the in-game settings first and made some smaller changes in-wheel but I'm still working on it.

Test Track and car: Nordschleife with Porsche 911 RSR (GT3) 

In game settings:
    Controller sensitivity: 7 (It's only relevant for DS4 Controllers if I'm not wrong)
    FFB max torque: 3 (increased from 2)
    FFB sensitivity: 4 (increased from 2)

In wheel settings:
    SEN: 054 (depends on the car, for GT3 Cars I use 054)
    FF:    100
    SHO: 100
    ABS: 100
    DRI:   -02 (reduced from -03)
    FOR: 100
    SPR: 100
    DPR: 100
    BRF:  040 (using Clubsport Pedals V3)
    FEI:   090 (reduced from 100)

The road feel is now a bit better and wheelspin can be controlled in a good manner. However I'm still not there where I want to be with the wheel. Especially when going over hills the loosing wheel grip is not detectable with my current settings.

It would be nice if some more people can post their settings before and after the update.

I am using the wheels default settings:

In wheel settings:
    SEN: Auto (I have another setting adjusted for karts)
    FF:    100
    SHO: 100
    ABS: 100
    DRI:   -05 
    FOR: 100
    SPR: 100
    DPR: 100
    BRF:  050using Clubsport Pedals V3)
    FEI:   050

I would definitely recommend turning down FEI from 100, and increasing Max Torque in-game. I personally like to just bring up the in-game FFB settings while driving a car I have driven in real life until it feel correct to me. I don't feel I am really losing any feel when running at these much higher settings compared to running in purple mode. In purple mode if you set it to anything higher that 5 or so, it felt like the FFB was likely just being clipped. Now it cane adjusted all the way up to 10 and still have good feel, at least to me.

I think if you have the Max Torque setting pretty low, the "understeer effect" is a bit more exaggerated. 

• GTS tyre slip FFB is too strong.  it is too bad.
  • edited March 2018

I will meet with him very soon so please let me know how you like the implementation now and what improvements related to our wheels you would like to see. 
    we are building up a solid long term relationship with Polyphony and in the long run this you all will benefit from that.
    Now it would be interesting to see "Gran Turismo Wheel Bundle for PS4" pari-passu with "Forza Motorsport Wheel Bundle for Xbox One" containing Base V2.5, Pedals V3, Shifter SQ V 1.5, Handbrake V1.5 and Porsche Steering Wheel B-) or leave it to summer Podium base ;) 
  • So, the ClubSport Wheelbase V2 Is still not supported right?
  • leon liu said:
    GTS tyre slip FFB is too strong.  it is too bad.
    After testing the whole day yesterday till late night time, driving a lot of different cars and tracks I have to agree.
    For me too the GTS tyre slip FFB is too strong and reducing the FEI did not help that much. In tight corners especially at TSUKUBA I get always this strong uncomfortable rumbling and cracking shaking of the wheel which is not the best for the wheelbase mechanics for sure. For me this needs to be addressed to PD and needs improvement.

I had a very strange bug yesterday, which I never had before this latest update. Sometimes my FFB was kind of dull and felt very strange ( no feel of road texture and no curbs or bumps feedback ). I found out that in that time I had no sounds coming from game in the menu, like after you finished a race and the game shows how much money you get and milage points and Xp, then there is a certain game sound when you get those points and money. But in my game there was THAT particular sound missing. Then I restarted the game new and everything was back to normal, the sounds where back and my FFB was also back to normal, curbs feel and bumps and all the rest. I was playing for minimum 12 hours yesterday and I had that 2-3 times, always when my FFB felt lame I had that strange "sound bug" in the game. 
    Anyone else had this bug?
  • In my opinion its even worse now with the implementation. 
    First of all: you either lower you FFB low so you dont even feel the car or you have normal FFB but when you overdo and brake with slip your base will rumble as crazy - Im thinking it could even get damaged

Second: everytime you go to menu your ingame FFB Torque settings resets back to 4
    Third: No LED support

It feels like they didnt even test it before implementation and it took them like half a year. Really dissappointed with this update. Only good thing is we get rid of the oscilation.
  • @Jörg Ziegler
    Yes, the bug with sound and the subsequent loss of FFB effects have me and some of my friends too.

Basically, the whole thing is already a real poverty event for PD who bring a patch whose implementation of a hardware comes 6 months late, which is then also contaminated with bug and not even all features supported by the CLS. Here you can see again how seriously PD takes a company like Fanatec ... The main thing is the Exclusiv contract with Thrustmaster is running, all others have to look it up.

edited March 2018
    I have my in-game FFB on 9 and sensitivity on 9 and have no issues with crazy rumble at all. I would imagine all of your FFB settings in-game are either at the default or very low? Definitely not experiencing anything like what you are describing. Are you guys leaving the steering range on Auto? That is what mine is set to. Maybe using less steering angle exaggerates this?

I do notice the understeer effect but it definitely isn't happening in normal understeer situations or to the point where it seems overly dramatic for me. I did nearly 100 laps of Tsukuba in a Ferrari F40 with these settings and never felt the understeer effect at all unless I was beginning to spin wildly.

edited March 2018
    Thomas please bring a Podium wheel base along when you meet up with Kaz. You need to convince him and Sony to support it in GT Sport. Could be fantastic I think.
  • Jörg ZieglerJörg Ziegler Member
    edited March 2018
    @Jörg Ziegler
    Yes, the bug with sound and the subsequent loss of FFB effects have me and some of my friends too.

Hello Richard Antersberger. Thank you very much for confirming that. To be honest I yesterday thought that I was dreaming or that I am stupid or something else is wrong, because that is such a weird bug which I did not understand and does not make any sense to me.
    I hope that this one will be fixed quickly.
    I guess we are all BETA TESTERS now for the CSL implementation
    :P
  • Hey Every body

I im so pleased pd finally got around to make Fanatec support in gt sport, and im loving it, and yes there is stil som things that could be better

BUT Let be clear, Thrustmaster t500 owners are pissed there wheel don't even work after this update, so im cheering stil because MINE WORKS GREAT
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    @Jörg Ziegler

Basically, the whole thing is already a real poverty event for PD who bring a patch whose implementation of a hardware comes 6 months late, which is then also contaminated with bug and not even all features supported by the CLS. Here you can see again how seriously PD takes a company like Fanatec ... The main thing is the Exclusiv contract with Thrustmaster is running, all others have to look it up.

Right. And this is the reason why the T500RS does not work after this patch. ;)
  • Can someone Tell me, if the WheelBase V2 Is working now?
  • edited March 2018
    Can someone Tell me, if the WheelBase V2 Is working now?
    CSW v2 will never work officially on the PS4 in new racing games as it has no PS4 licence. You must buy a 3rd party tool like CronusMax to get it working, or you buy the CSL Elite Racing Wheel PS4 :)
  • edited March 2018
    I'm sure PD will fix all these issues in future updates. At least it's working now! It took much longer than expected but it's ok for me because my time for playing is restricted anyway. And the intention of this thread here is to collect all your feedback in order to get a better implementation step by step. So I think we will be well advised to address our issues without moaning all the time. Cheers, Thorsten
  • Hello Mr Thomas Jackermeieir,
    Make it possible, the additional button assignment, present on your steering wheel.
    For example on the steering wheel P1, it is impossible to assign a function to the joystick button press. Only the buttons equivalent to the original buttons of a joystick are exploitable.
    This remark is valid for all the latest games like Assetto Corsa, F1 2017, GTSport etc.
    No more game (PS4) takes into account the extra buttons. My BMW steering wheel, for example, has no reason to be. That made it a bit scary for the new McLaren steering wheel. Such beautiful tools, which would not ultimately be exploitable.
    I think that for you, for the players, it would be important to work, to insist on this point with the developers of games.
    The multiplication of buttons, present, on your steering wheel, is really an important selling point and a very sought-after functionality in the players, who often decides them to pass from the competition, to your products.
    It should not lose this advantage this very important sales criterion.
    Hope you can convince the game developers.
    It would be beneficial to everyone.
    In Project car 1, you could set all the buttons on the BMW wheel, for example. It's quite incomprehensible that you can not do it on newer games.

Thanking you for your reading.

I apologize, for my intervention, not very clear, I guess. I do not speak English, I did my best.

PS : all this concerns the console Playstation 4, maybe it is better or different on other platform.

• I alread loved CSL Elite in compatibility mode so things are only getting better. Keep the settings tips coming guys! Thanks.
  • Straight off the bat I got the hardcore rumble shaking when loosing grip round the corners. Freaked me out a bit. Haven't had time to play around with the settings that much, so i thought i'd come here and see if other people had the same problem. I think most people have felt the shaking and feel that its not good for the wheel. Im going to try Andrew hake's settings which are default FEI-50 and in game settings 9/9. Hopefully that should calm it down. I think that people who feel happy with the wheel should list there settings. Mixed feelings right now, got my hopes up when i heard about the update.
  • @Jörg Ziegler

Right. And this is the reason why the T500RS does not work after this patch. ;)
    according to the Thrush master website, the T500 isn't licensed for the PS4...
  • leon liu said:
    GTS tyre slip FFB is too strong.  it is too bad.
    After testing the whole day yesterday till late night time, driving a lot of different cars and tracks I have to agree.
    For me too the GTS tyre slip FFB is too strong and reducing the FEI did not help that much. In tight corners especially at TSUKUBA I get always this strong uncomfortable rumbling and cracking shaking of the wheel which is not the best for the wheelbase mechanics for sure. For me this needs to be addressed to PD and needs improvement.

I had a very strange bug yesterday, which I never had before this latest update. Sometimes my FFB was kind of dull and felt very strange ( no feel of road texture and no curbs or bumps feedback ). I found out that in that time I had no sounds coming from game in the menu, like after you finished a race and the game shows how much money you get and milage points and Xp, then there is a certain game sound when you get those points and money. But in my game there was THAT particular sound missing. Then I restarted the game new and everything was back to normal, the sounds where back and my FFB was also back to normal, curbs feel and bumps and all the rest. I was playing for minimum 12 hours yesterday and I had that 2-3 times, always when my FFB felt lame I had that strange "sound bug" in the game. 
    Anyone else had this bug?
    Hi everyone I've had the same sound bug and missing curb ffb effects. I've reinstalled the game (horrendous 24gb download) but it seems to have fixed the sound issues. Ffb is still missing curbs but lap times have improved for me. Personally I think the understeer shake is a bug, as it can't be considered as "realistic" as I have never driven a car that feels like that (in R/L). The wheel should be going light if it's to be realistic. Oh well just gonna have to wait for the patch to be patched.
  • This is great news...except I have literally just taken delivery of a CSL PS4. If I waited a few days I would have gotten the pedals for the same price. Oh,well. Lucky in life, unlucky with money