GTS fully supports Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel UPDATE

Comments

• cattivi sentimenti per il momento
    molto meglio in modalità viola
    ='(
  • You who use CSW v2 with drivehub, can you use newest fw in CSW v2(that from drivers 292)? And there's now ffb in F-mode also?
  • Stephen SimsStephen Sims Member
    edited March 2018
    Hi All

I have no rev lights......

I have to reset the in game torque setting every session....

I'll swap the above for the feeling I have on my wheel now any day,  who cares about lights ffs.....   YAY I can feel the road ^:)^ ^:)^

Before this update I could not drive the M4, even with two bars TC I was still struggling.  Just did ten laps no TC, didnt spin out once the difference is nght and day.  I dont think it will make me a great deal faster, but it will defo make me way more consistant for sure.   Funny how they added the whell right after the six month period, probably when the deal with Thrustmaster ran out.

Any ways rambling on see my settings below, I use a PS4 CSL Base, Xbox Hub, flat bottomed GT Wheel and C/Sport V3 pedals.   I felt there was too much going on so switched alot of stuff off and let the game control those parts, work in progress try at your own risk and write down your best settings somewhere before you confuse yourself, I learnt the hard way.....

Sens = 108
    FF = 97
    SHO = off  (switching this off will make your brake p[edal rumble if you have V3s)
    ABS = 80  (this sets the level of when you want the brake pedal to rumble, I set it to 80 to let me know im hard on them, if I cant feel rumble, I know I can brake more)
    DRI = off  (every time I try this I get confused and cant find a better setting than off)
    FOR = 50
    SPR = off
    DPR = off
    B/Force = 60
    FEI = 30

In game settings

Torque = 6
    FF Sens (not joypad sens) = 10

Hope they work for someone, will update when I change something lol

All off the above is useless unless you understand "Slow IN & Fast OUT"  
    =))
  • Hi Thomas,

Be sure to bring ClubSport Pedals v3i for Yamauchi-san! I can confirm there is zero rumble in the pedals after the update: neither for traction control in the gas pedal, nor for ABS in the brake pedal.

ABS still working fine here but my pedals are V3s not i.

good luck

• The game feels great now that support has been added. Unfortunately I'm having issues with my csl PS4 wheel. And I've raised a ticket. Pretty bummed, but man the game feels so good.
  • neil campbellneil campbell Member
    edited March 2018
    Hi All
    I took delivery of my CSL Elite for ps4 a couple of weeks ago, what an absolute peach of a wheel to use. I a T500 RS before the difference is night and day.
    I'm not sure about the update yet I will have to have a proper play around with it tomorrow, but had a quick 25 lap race and to be honest I had more feel in purple mode than I did with Blue mode, but like I said I will have to have a proper play with the settings, but at least it is implemented into the game now, and they can adjust things for us if we ask.
    I want an LC brake pedal next as my friend has one it feels brilliant, but my purchase of the CSL Elite has wiped my bank account clean for a couple of weeks so it will have to wait.
    Anyway a big well done to Thomas and his team for getting things done with PD keep going. 
  • Tried out the blue mode today and here is my feedback so far:
    -rattling is really too strong and gets extremely annoying in corners while braking on the edge. This should be fixed! 
    -clutch not working
    -no neutral position clubsport shifter when not in gear

Wishes for PD to implement
        -rumble on brake pedal for abs
        -rumble on gas pedal for wheelspin (and preferably also when revving the engine)
        -working clutch for road cars that have a clutch in game (linear, not on-off)
        -neutral gear/position support for clubsport shifter
        -Support for all buttons on fanatic steering wheels, such as the new McLaren GT3 steering wheel. 

• hi, it's about GTS. Since the update, the FFB is very loud when the tires start to slip across. Settings: FFS strength 5, FFB Sensitivity: 6 What can I n to turn off that it so loud "rappels"? My Equipment: CSL Elite V3 invertet
  • hi, it's about GTS. Since the update, the FFB is very loud when the tires start to slip across. Settings: FFS strength 5, FFB Sensitivity: 6 What can I n to turn off that it so loud "rappels"? My Equipment: CSL Elite V3 invertet
    WE ALL have this annoying rattling issue in tight corners or when the tires slip. I guess nothing can be done with a setup, because I tried a lot of different settings already. 
    PD must patch this, for me it is the only downside of the new update and wheel implementation, besides rattling the FFB feels really good now.

• Hi All

I have no rev lights......

I have to reset the in game torque setting every session....

SHO = off  (switching this off will make your brake p[edal rumble if you have V3s)
    ABS = 80  (this sets the level of when you want the brake pedal to rumble, I set it to 80 to let me know im hard on them, if I cant feel rumble, I know I can brake more)

Here is a summary out of the CSL-E-RW-Manual:

"7.3.4 SHO (Shock)
    SHO range: OFF 010 ... 100 SHO default: 100
    The strength of the shock / vibration motors inside the Fanatec® steering wheel
    can be adjusted from 100% to 0%. These vibration motors can be used by a
    game directly (Fanatec® SDK) or by the ABS function.
    Note: The CSL Elite Steering Wheel has no vibration motors.
    7.3.5 ABS
    ABS range: 000 … 100 OFF ABS default: OFF
    This feature gives you a direct feedback based on your brake inputs. If you set
    the value to 100 the vibration will start as soon as you give 100% brake input
    to the game. If you set it to 95% the vibration will start if you push the brake to
    95% or more. The ABS feature uses the vibration within your wheel rim (can be
    turned off by setting SHO to “0”) AND the vibration motor on a CSP (V2 or V3)
    pedal set if it is connected directly to the wheel - not individually by USB. ABS
    can also be simulated dynamically by the game if the developer makes use of
    the Fanatec® SDK."

My question is. Can i only have vibration effects in the pedals OR the wheel rim OR both OR is somthing wrong here? I am confused right now. 

Using the Porsche wheel, Formula Carbon wheel, v3 pedals.

• Hello,

I apologize in advance for my English language, I use google compiler.

After updating the 1.15 GTS I was very happy, I will have full support Fanatec CSL elite + Pedals ClubSport V3. The first tests were disappointing and I went back to the original settings in the purple mode and in the G29 GTS setting. In the game I went all the time:

Sensitivity control - 0

Feedback Maximum Torque - 4

Retroactivity Sensitivity - 5

On the steering wheel, all the factory settings just modified the ABS to 40 to feel the brake pedal halfway.

I started searching for the GTPlanet and Fanatec forums for feedback and advice from other Fanatec CSL owners.

Last night I bite the tests and eventually succeed.

The blue diode for the PS4 is set to the steering wheel.

Here my complete settings:

The Fanatec steering wheel is selected in GTS and the following values ​​are set:

Control Sensitivity - 2 (I will continue to test this value)

Maximum torque - 10 (at this value, take the ATTENTION when jumping on the track, this value changes to 4 some GTS bug)

Retroactivity Sensitivity - 10

I gave 10 values ​​according to the CSL manual where it is written to set the max value in the game so that the maximum signal goes to the steering wheel.

Here the complete Fanatec CSL steering wheel setting, which I use the ClubSport V3 pedals:

SEN: AUT (or 54)

FF: 80

SHO: 100

ABS: 40 (Pedal vibrates from ClubSport V3 pedals)

DRI: -05

FOR: 100

SPR: 100

DPR: 100

BRF: 50

FEI: 50

With this setup I'm still satisfied, I just have to get used to the big wheel shocks with the wheels turned, it can handle it and the steering wheel at least tells us that we are spinning too much.

Even clean race do not vibrate, so I have a good feeling that I do not cross the wheels.

My friend, who has said T-GT, has this feature too, but I do not want to shut down Fanatec CSL or I did not get it.

Again, I apologize for the google translator, perhaps my lines will be understandable to you.

I'll be glad if you add your own Fanatc CSL elite steering wheel controls, just enter all the GTS and steering wheel values.

I would also like to thank you for having the Fanatec CSL elite and the ClubSport V3 pedals at home for the highest level of functionality, design, workmanship, quality. Very good FANATEC ;-)

• Please speak to polyphony and Sony about bringing the podium or even club sport wheels to PS4!
  • Please speak to polyphony and Sony about bringing the podium or even club sport wheels to PS4!
    Club sport will sony not allow so sorry.

But the podium maybe come to ps4 

Club sport will sony not allow so sorry.

But the podium maybe come to ps4 

Really? Why the podium and not a club sport? If there is a podium compatible with PS4 I would get it though.
  • I’m not sure about the effect of the CSL implementation in GTS.. The 911 RSR feels very nerves and in slower cars I don’t feel any difference.. The jury is out on this one..

• edited April 2018
    Finally got Fanatec in GT sport .. 

Though I don't know how everyone can be so happy and say that it works ... I had to switch back to purple mode after a few hours or trial and error ... I don't have a good roadfeel with the current implementations. And when you go over the limit it start to rumble hard .. there's really no real car feel in the current patch they've gotten ... 

For those of you that like the feel of the wheel I would tell you to try another game for comparison .. ( I compare to F1 2017) and there you have SO MUCH MORE feel and i'm really sadden that PD can't even get close to that ... Feels to me they just put it in the code so that it would be there and did nothing more to make it truly implemented ... I could certainly had waited a month or even 2 longer for a good implementation ... 

IF I was Fanatec I would be mad at PD to cheat my customers so much after all you've (fanatec) have done and been through ... nothing less than 95% would be accepted if I was you ... 

But thats just my thoughts ... Can't wait for the wheel to be truly implemented .. 
    OH and the stick click certainly should be able to be implemented as well though that sounds more like a Sony problem .. but as the G29 can have that dial thingy working you surely should be able to have that working too ...

* Edit : Brake on the V3 Pedals also got some strange feeling with releasing pressure the lower the speed, meaning you'll need to press harder to keep a constant pressure .. this is completely opposite of real world where pressure goes up the lower the speed.
    (This is not the pedals, but something in the coding ... this is the only game I've noticed it in)

Love the wheel
  • I love the FFB overall. My only wish is to be able to lower the understeer rattle when turning in too much. Too noisy, for me and my neighbour.
  • I love the FFB overall. My only wish is to be able to lower the understeer rattle when turning in too much. Too noisy, for me and my neighbour.
    Your neighbor became world famous here and in GTPlanet.;)
  • Sascha MagelSascha Magel Member
    edited April 2018
    At the moment, the default settings work best for me.

I have the ABS at 100% and FEI at 80%, 100% are too loud for me here, but feel even better, more differentiated.

The strong vibration while understeer takes some getting used to. All in all, a significant improvement over the compatibility mode.

BUT THERE IS ONE HUGE PROBLEM:

Yesterday I participated in two championship races, the steering wheel suddenly began to vibrate uncontrollably and permanently in both events. The vibration is as strong as understeer only just permanent. Steering is then no longer possible. I have to turn off the steering wheel and then turn it on again and reregister it at the playstation so it works again. Once it occurred at the beginning of the first race when all the drivers were presented. And the second time it happened in the middle of the second race after I drove out of the pits, which ruined my race. It seems like certain loading or synchronization processes of the game trigger this failure.

Please help.

Fanatec are the best
    Your neighbor became world famous here and in GTPlanet.;)
    Hahaha yep...
  • At the moment, the default settings work best for me.

I have the ABS at 100% and FEI at 80%, 100% are too loud for me here, but feel even better, more differentiated.

The strong vibration while understeer takes some getting used to. All in all, a significant improvement over the compatibility mode.

BUT THERE IS ONE HUGE PROBLEM:

Yesterday I participated in two championship races, the steering wheel suddenly began to vibrate uncontrollably and permanently in both events. The vibration is as strong as understeer only just permanent. Steering is then no longer possible. I have to turn off the steering wheel and then turn it on again and reregister it at the playstation so it works again. Once it occurred at the beginning of the first race when all the drivers were presented. And the second time it happened in the middle of the second race after I drove out of the pits, which ruined my race. It seems like certain loading or synchronization processes of the game trigger this failure.

Please help.

Fanatec are the best

Hi Sascha I had the same problem with my wheel just after a warm up finished. The whole wheel was vibrating like crazy as if it was one big long continuous understeer. I had to power it off as nothing else would stop it. It was very violent! Hopefully it hasn’t done any long term damage. Also, yesterday I noticed that the clamp holding the wheel to to CSL base was pretty loose due to all the extra understeer vibrations. I’d recommend everyone check theirs to see if it needs retightening. Peter
  • Hey which Settings Fanatec recommend? At the Moment i Use the Standard Settings at the Wheel and 5\1 in Gt Sport.
  • Hey Thomas just wanted to post up that I also experienced this random continuous vibration as well one time so far. It seems to happen when pausing the game when going off when a lot of rumble is already happening in the wheel maybe? It definitely doesn't seem consistent though wasn't able to replicate it again so far but it seems like a few people have experience this. A quick restart of the wheel fixed the problem for me but obviously not ideal.

Definitely want to bring this up with PD and Kaz.
    I want to see the Podium to have GT Sport support so badly! GT Sport is just so fun for me and has such a nice variety of things to drive and do and can be so immersive compared to other sims out there with it's sound and visuals. Having a wheel base like that would take it even further.
  • edited April 2018
    I am using standard settings but the FEI low and I really like the feel overall of the wheel. Much improved specially I have gain control over the car which in turn has made me faster and more consistent. Thomas if you meet with Kazounori please tell him to make the rev lights work like they do in project cars 2 on PC. That the led in the center of the wheel not only changes color but blinks once the rev limiter hits the limit. It REALLY makes you drive just looking at the road and not the dashboard and it also makes you faster!!!!!! Loving my fanatec wheel thank you !!!!!
  • I had the wheel going crazy between sessions and between retries too. That’s bad.
  • Like I said previously I have not suffered that vibration issue but I set my FEI low as I did not liked the understeer vibration so hard but it now works really nice and there is some vibration if I go into understeer but it seems real and not violent.
  • Tried out the blue mode today and here is my feedback so far:
    -rattling is really too strong and gets extremely annoying in corners while braking on the edge. This should be fixed! 
    -clutch not working
    -no neutral position clubsport shifter when not in gear

Wishes for PD to implement
        -rumble on brake pedal for abs
        -rumble on gas pedal for wheelspin (and preferably also when revving the engine)
        -Support for all buttons on fanatic steering wheels, such as the new McLaren GT3 steering wheel. 

I am using the V3 pedals and the rumble motor of the brake pedal works fine for me. ABS setting at 100%

I agree to this points 100%
  • Seems to me the troubles we got has been listed here though no one has said anything about the little screen in the wheel. 
    Now my memory ain't so good anymore so it could be that its just not supported though I seem to remember it working in F1 2017 .. but maybe I'm wrong ...
    Would be very nice to be able to see speed an/or Gear .. with the option of switching between them to choose what you like the best
  • GT Sport -Update Details (1.15)

10. Controller

-Fanatec® CSL Elite Racing Wheel (for PS4) support has been added;

-Some functions of the Fanatec® CSL Elite Racing Wheel, including the Rev Light / LED display, are not currently supported (these will become available in a future update).

Furthermore, depending on the type of steering wheel in use, some buttons may be assigned differently on the PS4, or may not function at all (the directional key push button is not supported on the PS4, for example).