Fanatec Podium Series - UPDATE

Comments

• Die First gen nicht glaube
    Hallo Thomas wird die Podium Serie eigentlich auch PS4-READY sein? Gruß aus Hamburg Mehmet
    Ich glaube die 1.gen nicht
  • Sorry chaps, but iam sure that this forum was English only... sorry again  ;)
  • He asked about compatibility with PS4. Answer was not with the first generation. Anyway first generation or not we are one week away from Christmas and still not a single word from Fanatec about the podium series. What a huge disappointment. First guess would be they are facing unanticipated issues with the product which will postpone the release date. But why do they remain silent???? These guys manufacture good stuff but they definitely suck in communication...
  • I hope that the compatibility is given:

Let's not give up the hope about a multi platform DD. Sometimes it takes just a little bit of time. And sometimes things come sooner than expected. ;)
  • edited December 2017
    :)
  • Henri R said:
    He asked about compatibility with PS4. Answer was not with the first generation. Anyway first generation or not we are one week away from Christmas and still not a single word from Fanatec about the podium series. What a huge disappointment. First guess would be they are facing unanticipated issues with the product which will postpone the release date. But why do they remain silent???? These guys manufacture good stuff but they definitely suck in communicatio
    "Which will postpone the release date"... as i recall there was no release date given Henri.. just a presumed part of the "Q4" in which we may see a date.      The best things come to those who wait my friend ;)
  • Henri R said:
    He asked about compatibility with PS4. Answer was not with the first generation. Anyway first generation or not we are one week away from Christmas and still not a single word from Fanatec about the podium series. What a huge disappointment. First guess would be they are facing unanticipated issues with the product which will postpone the release date. But why do they remain silent???? These guys manufacture good stuff but they definitely suck in communicatio
    "Which will postpone the release date"... as i recall there was no release date given Henri.. just a presumed part of the "Q4" in which we may see a date.      The best things come to those who wait my friend ;)

@ Hughie ... that’s the point, those who can‘t wait are the one who complain. For me the podium series is an option to CHANGE into one day, not on day one. I have the V2 CSW and the V3i CSP ... perfect. Even if I had my old Logitech G27. It’s a wheel, I can drive and have fun. @Henri ... would you buy from Fanatec, if it would be the other way ... best communication and not so good in manufacturing there products. ... I’m sure, than this page would not even exist. I love the perfect Qualtity of Fanatec. And one day we see an announcement and will be able to preorder. If you can’t wait ... ok. I CAN.
  • They say ps4 not included in first series, but wen i hear thomas say that sony was intrested! So maybe it will be compatibel with ps4 lets hope so ✌
  • Can you give us any update, please? There are many people out here, they just want to know the state of your new product. A clear and open  communication would engage some symphaty for your situation and for the delay. You don't have  to say a fix date, but maybe a conservative estimation?
  • From the last stockholder news:

The market launch of the Podium series is also planned for the first half of 2018. This product category, located above the Clubsport series, is the first production steering wheel with Direct Drive technology. Here, the steering wheel is plugged directly onto the motor shaft and tuned perfectly for simracing.

German link:

• From the last stockholder news:

The market launch of the Podium series is also planned for the first half of 2018. This product category, located above the Clubsport series, is the first production steering wheel with Direct Drive technology. Here, the steering wheel is plugged directly onto the motor shaft and tuned perfectly for simracing.

German link:

Thank you for the info! It looks like we can't expect the launch before April. Still... Better Q2 than Q3 or Q4, but the most important for me is the quality of the product.
  • Is there any news on this? I've got my PC Upgrade fund well filled up and ready to go for this :)!
  • Thank you for the info! It looks like we can't expect the launch before April. Still... Better Q2 than Q3 or Q4, but the most important for me is the quality of the product.
    When a company makes a statement on the estimated release and it's something like the "the first half of 2018" it usually means towards the far end of that estimate, as such I would would be very surprised to see it before the end of June 2018. Additionally, if you're putting it an investors/stockholders report you want to be as accurate as possible - they don't like surprises, even welcome ones.

The paragraph which mentions the podium release also mentions the McLaren GT3 Wheel with a Q1 release date.
  • Can´t believe.Everyone waiting for a release before christmas and still no info regarding a new release horizon and reason for delays.
    I want to upgrade - all besides the wheel is perfect now :c(
  • Patients my friendo. The best things comes to those who wait, with an admirable heart. Not long now.
  • Fanatec, please. My body and my wallet are ready
  • Hi. Some news would be welcomed. My V1 is starting to go and if the podium is soon I will pass on the 2.5.
  • I would love to prepare my aluminium rig so that I can mount the wheel when it comes out. Any chance we could get the measurements of the housing and mounting possibilities before official release? I´m horrified getting the podium base and than having to wait two weeks before I can use it just because I cannot mount it on my rig...
    I can understand that fanatec probably cannot tell a date today, but it would be fair to your customers to let us know the approximate current state of your release plan for us to know if we need to buy a 2.5 oder if it is realistic to get a wheel before summer.
  • Willy WELSWilly WELS Member
    edited February 2018
    Any chance we could get the measurements of the housing and mounting possibilities before official release? 
    I would like to have them too.
    And during an interview I heard @Thomas Jackermeier mention that it would be possible to mount the PODIUM base either on the side or on the bottom like the actual bases. But would it be possible to use a front mounting wheel support too ?
    I can see 4 bolts on the front of the proto base, but can they be used for that purpose ?

Atteched a drawing of the support I am actually using (though mine is customised for mounting the V2 base).
    If mounting the Podium base this way turns out to be impossible, I will have to buy a V2.5 ... (so it is a pretty relevant question). ;-)

• @Thomas Jackermeyer
    Any info about the mounting possibilities please ? (see two posts above).
  • Look at the video in the the first post, the front bolt holes look the same as the clubsport wheel base, the simlab front mount has the same bolt holes.
  • Look at the video in the the first post, the front bolt holes look the same as the clubsport wheel base, the simlab front mount has the same bolt holes.
    As I wrote in my earlier post, I did notice the front bolts, but there is no way to check on a video if they do or don't match. There is also no way to see if or not they can be used, due to the different construction (their purpose seems to hold the motor in the casing)...
    Hence a sort of "official" info would be nice to check if the DD base can effectively be mounted on my SimLab steering bracket.
  • Hello, please I can not wait much longer when they are going to take it out, they can not say an approximate date. It's a pity but I'll have to buy an osw.
  • Hello, please I can not wait much longer when they are going to take it out, they can not say an approximate date. It's a pity but I'll have to buy an osw.
    Oh nooooooo what a pity oh nooooooooooooooo. (rolls eyes out of my head)
  • Any info on this please ??
  • Any info on this please ??
    I guess not...  :(
  • I’ve been waiting on this but the delay with the GT3 wheel for two months makes me feel like they had to put podium on hold until they get the GT3 issue fixed and shipped out. Meaning just putting more time on release of this. Hope they give a update soon. About ready to go with OSW but I’d rather not.
  • SO EXCITED! So freaking glad you guys are focused on making the best damn wheel ever made, and not rushing it or anything. Thank you so much for taking your time and doing this the right way.