GTS fully supports Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel UPDATE

Comments

• edited April 2018
    Technicaly may be outstanding! But I don´t need a Rolls Royce or a Technical miracle just to drive me to my work everyday...  and that is the issue...
    Are you sure that you are on the right website? Just for playing the game, a gamepad would be enough ;)
    I´m talking about H shifters... case you did´nt get it...  And Fanatec H Shifter is on another level...  but fr example Fanatec as for the pedals area two to 3 different levels of quality.. coming from the base pedals.. passing through the load cell upgrade and to the V3 pedals (those are top of the art...)  And for H shifters.. we only have the top... a more basic and less expensive shifter like that one from the Thrusmaster would be apreciated.. I´m sure...
    I totally understand you and it is a an expensive hobby . But I have to say the first product I bought from fanatec was the shifter. I liked it so much that during the last 3 years I have been upgrading my racing rig one piece at a time. Trust me it is totally worth it if you REALLY spend time playing. Last night I received my Formula Carbon rim and played 2 hours of gt sport using the Group 2 cars I loved it !!!!!
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    Technicaly may be outstanding! But I don´t need a Rolls Royce or a Technical miracle just to drive me to my work everyday...  and that is the issue...
    Are you sure that you are on the right website? Just for playing the game, a gamepad would be enough ;)
    I´m talking about H shifters... case you did´nt get it...  And Fanatec H Shifter is on another level...  but fr example Fanatec as for the pedals area two to 3 different levels of quality.. coming from the base pedals.. passing through the load cell upgrade and to the V3 pedals (those are top of the art...)  And for H shifters.. we only have the top... a more basic and less expensive shifter like that one from the Thrusmaster would be apreciated.. I´m sure...
    I fully agree with you on that and rest assured that we will bring a shifter and also handbrake for all three product lines at some point. If the Clubsport Shifter is worth the money is certainly a very subjective question. It seems that many customers like the price performance of this product and it is one of our best selling products.
  • Thomas, I think is fair for the ones waiting the podium series that fanatec tell the most accurate price of different models now you have outher the Fell VR and if you ask me is easy take the dessition of wait for the Fanatec or just choose another like the Feel VR in my case is more easy paid just for the podium base and use all my stuff from Fanatec what iI love than get a new system even if it is at a higher price, so talk with your pillow think is a smart move. Nice weekend,
  • Thomas, I think is fair for the ones waiting the podium series that fanatec tell the most accurate price of different models now you have outher the Fell VR and if you ask me is easy take the dessition of wait for the Fanatec or just choose another like the Feel VR in my case is more easy paid just for the podium base and use all my stuff from Fanatec what iI love than get a new system even if it is at a higher price, so talk with your pillow think is a smart move. Nice weekend,
    Sorry put this in the wrong place but still valid questions
  • Any news about the podium series release and price Thomas ? 
  • Lubos EliasLubos Elias Member
    edited April 2018
    After GTS update 1.17. I have noticed twice that during the race game changes L1 (paddle) to up-shift and R1 is inactive.
    Anyone else?

No issue in AC and PC2
  • The new firmware supports automatic detection of PS4 when connected.
  • edited April 2018

The new firmware supports automatic detection of PS4 when connected.
    I´ve just discovered a new Driver/Firmware version (310) on the download area, is that what you are talking about?? (previous version was 293)

I´ve just discovered a new Driver/Firmware version (310) on the download area, is that what you are talking about?? (previous version was 293)
    Yes correct. I think main reason is the release of the new McLaren wheel and also read FEI support for CSW2.5. Changelog will follow soon once all Fanatec employees are finished packing and shipping all the backlog for the ordered McLaren wheels ;) 
  • edited April 2018

Yes correct. I think main reason is the release of the new McLaren wheel and also read FEI support for CSW2.5. Changelog will follow soon once all Fanatec employees are finished packing and shipping all the backlog for the ordered McLaren wheels ;) 

Nice!!!!

Meanwhile I´ve fine tuned the wheel for GTS usage!!!

My Best Settings
    ================

a) On GTS config:

- Wheel turning sensitivity:  2   (you may try some variations between 1 and 3 depending on car and track...)
    - FFB Torque: 9 !!!    (may go to 10!!!! if you like to feel the steering a bit heavier)
    - FFB sensitivity: 10

b) On Fanatec Wheel Config:
    - Sen: 084 (variations from Automatic, until 72 depending on car and track...)
    - FF: 100
    - SHO:100
    - ABS: OFF
    - DRI: OFF (variations from -2 to + 2 depending on car, track and your taste/feeling)
    - FOR: 020 (you you like an heavier feeling on the wheel raise to 30.. aditionally you may also raise on GTS FFB Torque to 10... if you like it really heavy... of course...)
    - SPR: 100
    - DPR: 100
    - BRF: Off (or 10)
    - FEI: 090 (or... 100!!!! )

You´l still feel some under steering vibration but if you keep FOR on 20 and GTS FFB on 9, it will not be unpleasant at all.. and you´ll see that it even helps you.. giving you an important information about the trajectory you are using...

Please try this setup (FANATEC CSL PS4 Base setup only with brake cell mode)
  • What is the best definition for what the Variable FEI  is for??? Honestly... Any true good explanation??

• What is the best definition for what the Variable FEI  is for??? Honestly... Any true good explanation??

Does this manual help? RTFM ;) page 31 (7.3.8)

https://www.fanatec.com/download/CSL-E-RW-Manual-EN.pdf
  • Keith WelchKeith Welch Member
    edited April 2018
    What is the best definition for what the Variable FEI  is for??? Honestly... Any true good explanation??

And this:    https://www.fanatec.com/forum/discussion/554/new-tuning-parameter-force-effects-intensity-fei-beta-firmware-survey/p1

• edited April 2018
    Sorry...wrong thread

• edited April 2018
    What is the best definition for what the Variable FEI  is for??? Honestly... Any true good explanation??

And this:    https://www.fanatec.com/forum/discussion/554/new-tuning-parameter-force-effects-intensity-fei-beta-firmware-survey/p1

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very Strange...

The manual says:

FEI (Force Effect Intensity)
    FEI range: OFF ... 100
    FEI default: 050
    This parameter adjusts the intensity of force effects and can make effects more
    smooth: OFF is very smooth and low noise while 100 is very sharp and direct.
    Tuning this parameter can improve the feeling of the wheel depending on the
    game. This can be helpful to reduce the noise level especially for bases assembled to tables or rigs

and What it says.in the last link  is:

"To provide optimizations according to your personal preference we are introducing a new tuning menu parameter called 'FEI' ('Force Effect Intensity'), adjustable within the range of 000 - 010. The current default setting is 000 which is equal to the parameters in previous public released firmwares for both bases. Increasing the value for FEI means that the motor will decrease the attack impact, when FFB effects are leading to immediate direction changes. Higher FEI values softens up the intensity of harsh effects to reduce mechanical sounds and can even make them feel more natural. 

We’re giving you full ability to tweak your wheel within the FEI scale to find your preferred sweet spot, or still enjoy the product even without using this new parameter. "

But... to be honest the idea that I had was a the contrary (regarding FEI values..) with 10 increasing to the most the FFB effects of this issue... and off decreasing to the least possible.. (like eliminating it..).. According to the Manual..

So according to what´s written on the final likn,,this should mean that to reduce to minimum the understeer effect we need to set FEI to the max 10) ????

Absolutely oposite!!!!!! What is the correct indication?????????????????

where can I find the changelog to the new driver / firmware?

How can I get notified that there is an update?

There was no newsletter and no post on the blog. :-(

If I had not read your comment, I would not have noticed.

what exactly do you mean "automatic detection of PS4 when connected" ?

has the new firmware changed the "rattle" effect when understeering in GT Sport?

• edited April 2018

where can I find the changelog to the new driver / firmware?

How can I get notified that there is an update?

There was no newsletter and no post on the blog. :-(

If I had not read your comment, I would not have noticed.

what exactly do you mean "automatic detection of PS4 when connected" ?

has the new firmware changed the "rattle" effect when understeering in GT Sport?

Glad I could help you.. minimally!!!!

About automatic detection.. i don´t know... that comment aint mine...

About Rattle.. it´s going on... just a correct setup will make it drop... I suggest you try the one I posted (dated 25April) a little bit behind this comment... :)
  • I think this is a new feature when you reconnect your wheel from PS4 to PC (Don't think it works from PC to PS4. I haven't connected to PS4 anymore)

• edited April 2018
    GT Sport update 1.18 is available but unfortunately so far all the Fanatec features like revlights, display and rumble motor are not supported.
  • Jörg ZieglerJörg Ziegler Member
    edited April 2018
    I have a question about GTS 1.18 update. Since the update my CSL Elite ( Original CSL Rim ) does a hard rattling left and right steering input EVERY TIME when I start a race out of the menu, it happens once the game hands over the steering control to YOU. That is very annoying.
    I never had such an issue before that 1.18 update.
    Can anyone else confirm that?

I just don't understand why some updates present more issues and bugs.
  • I have a question about GTS 1.18 update. Since the update my CSL Elite ( Original CSL Rim ) does a hard rattling left and right steering input EVERY TIME when I start a race out of the menu, it happens once the game hands over the steering control to YOU. That is very annoying.

I’ve noticed it as well Jörg, but just a soft thud and little shake of the rim.. Nothing like before with GTS..

• Jörg ZieglerJörg Ziegler Member
    edited April 2018
    JP Mens said:
    I have a question about GTS 1.18 update. Since the update my CSL Elite ( Original CSL Rim ) does a hard rattling left and right steering input EVERY TIME when I start a race out of the menu, it happens once the game hands over the steering control to YOU. That is very annoying.

I’ve noticed it as well Jörg, but just a soft thud and little shake of the rim.. Nothing like before with GTS..

Ok thanks for confirmation. In my rim it is not only a weak fast oscillation but quite strong with a mechanical rattle in my wheelbase, maybe the strength depends also on some personal wheel settings?! 
  • This is written in the 1.18 patch notes.
  • This is written in the 1.18 patch notes.
    Hi Thorsten, I read the patch notes, but did not know what that note meant to be!? So if that is "cracking" centering of the wheel when starting a race is on purpose, then it is a bad joke in my opinion.
  • It would be really nice if there was actually a formula rim I could but with Xbox compatibility. I've been waiting for the McLaren wheel to go on sale, but the only other formula rims are for PC and PlayStation. Be nice to see something for Xbox soon
  • It would be really nice if there was actually a formula rim I could but with Xbox compatibility. I've been waiting for the McLaren wheel to go on sale, but the only other formula rims are for PC and PlayStation. Be nice to see something for Xbox soon
    It's ready for preorders again now so grab one fast!
  • Since we don't need compatibility mode for gts anymore will it hurt anything to go back to earlier firmware? I would like to play The Crew but it doesn't recognize my base since firmware update to emulate the G29. Aso what firmware should I go back to?Thanks for any help in advance. The Crew 2 releases next month and i'm getting the itch to play.
  • edited May 2018
    Since we don't need compatibility mode for gts anymore will it hurt anything to go back to earlier firmware? I would like to play The Crew but it doesn't recognize my base since firmware update to emulate the G29. Aso what firmware should I go back to?Thanks for any help in advance. The Crew 2 releases next month and i'm getting the itch to play.

Would it be much more simple... to just change into Purple mode instead when playing that game??? Firmware change does not impeach you from using purpple mode...
  • Since we don't need compatibility mode for gts anymore will it hurt anything to go back to earlier firmware? I would like to play The Crew but it doesn't recognize my base since firmware update to emulate the G29. Aso what firmware should I go back to?Thanks for any help in advance. The Crew 2 releases next month and i'm getting the itch to play.

Would it be much more simple... to just change into Purple mode instead when playing that game??? Firmware change does not impeach you from using purpple mode...
    Yeah firmware did change purple mode to emulate the g29 so we could play gts with force feed back. I was just wondering if I went back to older firmware if it would effect PS4 blue mode. Or if there is a particular firmware I should go back to. The crew is supposed to be compatible in purple mode only.Thanks

Yeah firmware did change purple mode to emulate the g29 so we could play gts with force feed back. I was just wondering if I went back to older firmware if it would effect PS4 blue mode. Or if there is a particular firmware I should go back to. The crew is supposed to be compatible in purple mode only.Thanks
    Sorry but you keep not making sense... read yourself before posting please...

you start talking about purple mode and saying that firmware changed it! But it didn´t!!! Then you go back to saying that old firmware may change Blue mode!! You not making any sense, bro!!!

This last firmware changes were minimal and mostly dude to the New Maclaren rim comming to scene...

About older firmware I don´t know but as I´m going to repeat again.. and since you´re interested on CREW and G29 emulation.. that is only with purple mode... and actual firmware has  (as all previous ones, I think, also had) purple mode... so.. whats your problem???

As regarding Crew and G29 emulations.. I sincerily think that any problem there is.. may probably be only on your confused mind...  I guess...