Fanatec Podium Series - UPDATE

12346»

Comments

• Hello, I think you should make sure that the base Fanatec podium series is maximum 30Nm and that in terms of price as it is The first direct drive Fanatec would be that the price is around the same price of the Augury I think it will be more interesting for us to simracer
  • in clear around 980 € minimum for the version with the least amount of torque
  • Fanatec ali osw. Čakam.image

• Manuel RinconManuel Rincon Member
    edited June 2018

• Is the podium series front or bottom mount?

Thanks!

• Jason Yu said:
    Is the podium series front or bottom mount?

Thanks!

bottom and side mount. Front holes are for accessoires only, not for mounting the base to a rig.
  • According to website features, it supports 3 hole mounting pattern, front mounting and side mounting.
  • edited July 2018
    According to website features, it supports 3 hole mounting pattern, front mounting and side mounting.
  • Read the website man, it says all 3 mounting options are available.
  • Jason YuJason Yu Member
    edited July 2018
    "Supports Fanatec 3-hole mounting pattern, front mounting and side mounting. Hard mounting to a cockpit is highly recommended due the high amount of torque."

Thanks guys
  • Someone from Fanatec told me that "The Podium wheel bases can be bottom mounted (using the same mounting points as the ClubSport Wheel Base) and side mounted. There is no front mount option (the holes on the front are intended for our static shifter accessory)."

Now I am confused. Be aware.
  • They have changed the wording in the DD2, but DD1 still says that you can front mount it, guess we'll have to wait and see.
  • Person I was speaking to has confirmed that it does not support front mounting. The wording was incorrect.
  • edited July 2018
    Read the website man, it says all 3 mounting options are available.
    nope, Front Mounting was a mistake and was removed from the webshop description from BOTH bases now. The front holes are ONLY for accessoires like Static shifter Paddles and NOT for mounting the Base to a Rig.
  • those choosing to buy the OSW and Accuforce hope you're getting a 5 year warranty! Just had the cost of the warranty refunded back as all DD wheels now come with a 5 yr warranty. :)>-
  • those choosing to buy the OSW and Accuforce hope you're getting a 5 year warranty! Just had the cost of the warranty refunded back as all DD wheels now come with a 5 yr warranty. :)>-
    Well thats good to know :)
  • I am eager to play GT Sports with amazing force feedback and quietness more than Thustmaster's T-GT. And I hope that even a little cheaper.
    I highly doubt the direct drive wheel will be available for consoles to be honest. The price point wouldn't be low enough to get enough sales. Furthermore with Fanatec only just coming to console markets with the CSL series I don't see new products being compatable yet as they would have no time to work with the developers arguably in advance of release with how long it took to develop.

Be interesting to see what happens. 
    Boy how wrong were you I preordered the podium ps4 and am eagerly awaiting!