The time has come...

Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator

Comments

• Bring it on!
  • Fantastic,

Now just let me know when I can pre-order.
  • The end is near

(for my social life..if i had one)
  • Wow...wow.

It's almost here.
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Hopefully they work on consoles. Bring on the pre order if so
  • Please ensure you provide details of when the pre-orders will go live.
  • Steve DuerrSteve Duerr Member
    edited May 2018
    Hard to get excited when there is still no pricing yet!!!!!!!!  In the time it took you guys to make the stupid video with the date and heart monitor, maybe you could have told everyone what this thing is going to cost....I am positive i am not the only one who wants to know.  I am all for staying in the Fanatec eco system but if this is going to be overpriced, i will get another DD wheel.  This is the only reason I do not have one yet.  Perhaps you are making a flat line video before you announce???
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    How useful is a price without knowing what you get in return? This DD will deliver plenty of features which no other solution offers on the market.
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    It’s Fanatec people! You always get your moneys worth :)))
  • Nice. so I have a couple of weeks to make up a good story to 'sell' this investment to my wife. 
    I'm convinced it is good value for money even without knowing the price yet. 
  • edited May 2018

How useful is a price without knowing what you get in return? This DD will deliver plenty of features which no other solution offers on the market.
    Agree How about Some specs??? 

I'm Ready!!! Even the wife Knows I'm Ready!!! She thought the Fanatec DD was out already and asked why I didn't have 1!!! Bring it on I'm sooo Ready \m/ 
  • Will it open for preorder on 13.07.18?
  • How useful is a price without knowing what you get in return? This DD will deliver plenty of features which no other solution offers on the market.
    Like what exactly?  Does Fanatec have a better way of implementing DD that nobody else in the industry has figured out yet?  Im just getting tired of the big secret about what the hell this thing is going to cost, all the hush hush gets old and it gets old in a hurry.  Im not asking what is inside Area 51 for god sake.  Only upside i can see so far is that im not going to have a phone cord wrapped around the shaft of the wheel when i race....don't get me wrong...thats actually a fairly big deal.  I am not even that concerned about the torque since my clusbport is plenty strong enough for me.  I am never ever going to run it at 100 percent strength, hell, i only run my wheel now at 13 force feedback strength in iracing.  Its the smoothness im after.  The thing is a month away and still no pricing.  I can go to a competitors site and get all the answers i could ask for (and even a price...imaging that).  I refuse to hype up something when i do not know what its going to cost me.  
  • How useful is a price without knowing what you get in return? This DD will deliver plenty of features which no other solution offers on the market.
    Like what exactly?  Does Fanatec have a better way of implementing DD that nobody else in the industry has figured out yet?  Im just getting tired of the big secret about what the hell this thing is going to cost, all the hush hush gets old and it gets old in a hurry.  Im not asking what is inside Area 51 for god sake.  Only upside i can see so far is that im not going to have a phone cord wrapped around the shaft of the wheel when i race....don't get me wrong...thats actually a fairly big deal.  I am not even that concerned about the torque since my clusbport is plenty strong enough for me.  I am never ever going to run it at 100 percent strength, hell, i only run my wheel now at 13 force feedback strength in iracing.  Its the smoothness im after.  The thing is a month away and still no pricing.  I can go to a competitors site and get all the answers i could ask for (and even a price...imaging that).  I refuse to hype up something when i do not know what its going to cost me.  
    7/13 is the announcement data.  We don't even know that pre-orders will open then or if that will be revealed.  But announcing price points without specs is silly.

The specs could vary quite a bit. Beyond torque, there is the actual speed of the motor, the encoder accuracy that locates the position of the motor, and it appears from the intro video that there will also be a display built in as well.  Another feature not available on other DD wheels that feels like a given would be the integration of the wheel mounted controls directly into the base.  Yet another likely to be fanatec only feature would be the ability to tune the wheel via built-in firmware compared to a PC based app.

So there is quite a bit they could talk about as part of a reveal that would influence how we are likely to feel about the price.  You don't want to get excited about something you think is a bargin only to find out it doesn't meet your requirement. You don't want to get sticker shock over something if you don't understand what it offers over it's competitors. You can't announce specs before they are finalized, open development processes create more frustration, not less.

So while I agree that things should be hyped until they are real, at least we now have a date when we should have all that information available.
    Well, a price range for the bases (I believe there will be different torque valued ones?) would be useful at least for those that want to save up for one... or stop people from spending their holiday money on other stuff (when not going on holiday).

I myself am split between getting an LG OLED C7 television or maybe a Podium one, and the C7 just got a massive price drop over here in the Netherlands.
  • Yes! a date.. cant wait
  • For the fanatic Loyalist the DD is a Dream come true!!! 
    Think about it like this if your a fanatic Loyalist you probably own more than 1 wheel Rim and a set of V3 Pedals therefore its just a matter of buying the DD wheel base which in comparison to other DD wheel bases will be more cost effective because have you ever looked at just the cost for some of the Other brand DD wheel Rim button boxes then you still have to buy the QR and wheel Rim just to be able to use buttons on your DD wheel with a USB Bungie cord???

• Winter is coming ... or not.
    Too little teasing after soooo long.
  • Thomas, can you confirm that we will have reviews from testers before the launch?
  • Wesley StokesWesley Stokes Member
    edited May 2018
    For the fanatic Loyalist the DD is a Dream come true!!! 
    Think about it like this if your a fanatic Loyalist you probably own more than 1 wheel Rim and a set of V3 Pedals therefore its just a matter of buying the DD wheel base which in comparison to other DD wheel bases will be more cost effective because have you ever looked at just the cost for some of the Other brand DD wheel Rim button boxes then you still have to buy the QR and wheel Rim just to be able to use buttons on your DD wheel with a USB Bungie cord???

Well stated, and yes I am a Fanatec Loyalist, it the only brand I have owned in the last 4 years and the only brand I will recommend to my friends, family, co-workers, social media connections.  Already looking at scheduling the 7/13/2018 off to be one of the first, hopefully, to get my order in. But if I don't I am still happy with my V1, V2.5 and CSL Elite base until back in stock. 

Can't wait to see the next iteration in the Podium line up, really hoping for a true high end wheel with 15+ buttons, 5 rotary encoders and a built in motec display, or a set of V4/V4i pedals. Keep the creativity coming Fanatec! 

• Steve RamundoSteve Ramundo Member
    edited May 2018
    For the fanatic Loyalist the DD is a Dream come true!!! 
    Think about it like this if your a fanatic Loyalist you probably own more than 1 wheel Rim and a set of V3 Pedals therefore its just a matter of buying the DD wheel base 

Are you saying the new DD Podium Base is for certain going to be compatible with XBox adapter\Porsche Rims?  Like being "backward compatible"?  I HOPE SO 
  • I like the teaser! And to all the impatient racers out there please stop moaning all the time. At least you have a date now and you can bet on more details will follow then.
  • For the fanatic Loyalist the DD is a Dream come true!!! 

Can't say anything else but state the fact that I agree.
    Although I merely have V2 pedals (modded a bit) and a V2 base plus some wheels and a CSS SQ V1 shifter that recently got a V1.5 upgrade. I also consider myself loyal to Fanatec.

If you really look at the quality of the parts used per product and than look at the ecosystem and all the features each product has as well... no other brand comes close.

Would love to do a review and some tests of a Podium base with the older gear, especially for those with a V2 base that hold off with the V2.5 update and wanted to see what the Podium series would bring.
    Is the investment worth the increased fidelity and extra/new features? Also... is this really for everyone or would you really have to be committed to your hobby?
    Also... maybe an odd one but how safe can this product be made for children? After all, there are so many dads who are racing fans and have a rig that want to get their children excited for what they love. Still, these direct drive motors pack quite a punch and can break a thumb or wrist I'd imagine from a grown man.
  • Hard to get excited when there is still no pricing yet!!!!!!!!  In the time it took you guys to make the stupid video with the date and heart monitor, maybe you could have told everyone what this thing is going to cost....I am positive i am not the only one who wants to know.  I am all for staying in the Fanatec eco system but if this is going to be overpriced, i will get another DD wheel.  This is the only reason I do not have one yet.  Perhaps you are making a flat line video before you announce???
    If I was Fanatec I would just blacklist you as a customer. (rolls my eyes out of my skull..)
  • is it just me but looking at the dd base none of the clubsport rims will attach, the connection pins are not the same.thoughts?
    I think you should dial down the language and the entitlement a notch or two. Fanatec announces their products the way they think is best, if you would do it differently then you're free to feel that way but please stop filling the forum with disappointed rants.
  • Has anyone had a dispatch email yet?  ;)
  • This DD will deliver plenty of features which no other solution offers on the market.
    One of this features, maybe a PS4 integration???  :D
  • edited May 2018
    is it just me but looking at the dd base none of the clubsport rims will attach, the connection pins are not the same.thoughts?

I think it is the other way around. All the old rims will fit, you see the holes are the same pattern, but the new podium rims will not fit the old base's. 
    The new podium rims will have extra pins inside and bigger pins the three outside ....just my guess. :)

• Paul CasilioPaul Casilio Member
    edited May 2018
    Guys, just to clarify; is July 13, 2018, the release date, order date, or the announcement/specs/presser date?

Thank you in advance.