ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 reviews

2»

Comments

• Sony is an ****, so everything which could be done to hurt them badly is ok. That said I still have PS4 and still gong to keep it. About compability, it seems that ppl hopes would be answered from third party companies. There's already few options to get F's wheels to work with PS4 and there going to more for sure.

But have to say that F should have fought much harder against Sony, they surrendered way too easy. At least there should have done deal about separate wheel rim-addon to get PS4 compability, ppl can't buy dozens different wheel bases.

You forget Sony holds all the cards here. Say Fanatec fought back hard as you say and Sony said "fine you get NO compatibility. None". Then you'd be saying Fanatec should've worked with Sony and not tried to play hardball when they had no leverage. Seriously I wish people understood how this system works.
    Dont forget Fanatec played its Last Card when they got the Game devs to program in wheel compatabilty into the Games thereby going around sony... very few cared that the wheel would Not Navigate the PS4 Dash board.. I know i didnt care what mattered Most was that the wheel worked in Game.... Sony Shut that Door by Going after the Game Devs and refusing them the right to make Games for the PS4 if they continued to program in support for Fanatec Wheels....therefore it is Not Fanatec who should have Fought back Harder it is the Game Developers!!! Without Games for the PS4 it would be a useless Paper weight.... The Game Devs Have the Power to Fight back Not Fanatec....But then again with Sony having a Large Following for GT maybe Sony wouldnt care because people will wait and buy it to get their Racing fix??? Bottom Line is Sony is Holding all the Cards!!!...The only way to change it would be a Mass Movement to Boycott Sony Products until they change their ways..... Shame that this wont happen... Because the truth is as Consumers we Hold and Have ALL power!!! Do what we want or we refuse to buy!!! we saw this work with MS & Sony they had to change their DRM policy or Risk both systems flopping becuse No one was going to buy it so they changed it.
  • So, am I wrong to say that "V 2.5" screams "There will soon be a V 3? What´s the idea behind 2.5 instead of 3?

btw. will there be invitation codes like we had for the V2?
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    We use .5 version numbers if there was a significant but not huge step. There will be a V3 for sure but not anytime soon. Otherwise we would not have developed a 2.5 ;) No invite codes this time. We ship it already.
  • Have had my V2.5 base with BMW wheel and V3 inverted peddles since 4-21-17 and I am very happy so far . Force feed back is stone enough to make your arms hurt ! Very happy with the wheel and peddles . One question , how do I get the relights to work on the wheel ini racing ?

Great products ! Keep up the good work .  
  • Have had my V2.5 base with BMW wheel and V3 inverted peddles since 4-21-17 and I am very happy so far . Force feed back is stone enough to make your arms hurt ! Very happy with the wheel and peddles . One question , how do I get the relights to work on the wheel ini racing ?

You need to download Fanaleds. But iRacing or fanaleds might not support them with the 2.5 yet. I'm not sure.
  • hello,

I'd like to know if I could run old games like rfactor, GTL.. with the V2.5 ?

thanks !
  • hello,

I'd like to know if I could run old games like rfactor, GTL.. with the V2.5 ?

thanks !
    For sure they won't support this exact wheel but the wheel will work with them just fine using one of the FFB profiles available (I think Logitech will do jsut fine).

They only thing that you may encounter is that some buttons will not work, I know from experience that GTL only supports 16 buttons or so, so any button with a higher number will not work. It can be worked around with programs like Joy2Key with which you map a wheel button to a keyboard key, and you then map the keyboard key to the function you want to work with the wheel button.
  • Zohair FaridiZohair Faridi Member
    edited May 2017
    Have had my V2.5 base with BMW wheel and V3 inverted peddles since 4-21-17 and I am very happy so far . Force feed back is stone enough to make your arms hurt ! Very happy with the wheel and peddles . One question , how do I get the relights to work on the wheel ini racing ?

You need to download Fanaleds. But iRacing or fanaleds might not support them with the 2.5 yet. I'm not sure.
    The latest beta fanaleds support the v2.5 wheel base. Works with iracing. I don't see any way to turn up the rumble in the pedals though its almost non existent.
  • so far not pleased at all, bought the V2.5, v3 pedals and the csl p1, software wouldn't work, ask for some help several times with no help at all,Had to research many hours on my own to find beta drivers, it somewhat wot works but zero resistance in wheel at all. AND STILL NO HELP FROM FANATEC!! I will be returning before 14 days is up i guess. Thanks for nothing Fanatec...
  • so far not pleased at all, bought the V2.5, v3 pedals and the csl p1, software wouldn't work, ask for some help several times with no help at all,Had to research many hours on my own to find beta drivers, it somewhat wot works but zero resistance in wheel at all. AND STILL NO HELP FROM FANATEC!! I will be returning before 14 days is up i guess. Thanks for nothing Fanatec...
    Where/how did you ask for help?
  • One of my concerns is that if a game suddenly crash, due whatever reasons, the steering wheel will still apply force. ie. going either to the left or the right. Also the rumble of either the brake of throttle will still rumble when the game has crashed/terminated. It might be useful to add a kill-switch/button for the base or all the peripherals. Just like DD wheels have this kill-switch to press when you crash the car. In this case it would be useful to have it to kill the base and its peripherals to avoiding damage to the electronics and hardware. Maybe I could switch off the base by pressing the button, but sometimes that don't help the wheel will still apply force. 

Kind regards,

Rinus
    I am sure the wheel works as it should, Its not a plug n play device as such, unlike Thrustmasters stuff, Micheal have some patients my friend. Its all good. You might have to do more research in these forums.  
  • One of my concerns is that if a game suddenly crash, due whatever reasons, the steering wheel will still apply force. ie. going either to the left or the right. Also the rumble of either the brake of throttle will still rumble when the game has crashed/terminated. It might be useful to add a kill-switch/button for the base or all the peripherals. Just like DD wheels have this kill-switch to press when you crash the car. In this case it would be useful to have it to kill the base and its peripherals to avoiding damage to the electronics and hardware. Maybe I could switch off the base by pressing the button, but sometimes that don't help the wheel will still apply force. 

Kind regards,

Rinus
    Yup, 100% agree with you on this one, this should totally be done in fact, 

this should have been implemented since the V2 imo.
    maybe have the killswitch on top of the base, and then maybe the same switch to rest the current setting after say a three second long depress. this a fab idea,
    Although  Iam sure Thomas may have thought about this before tho, maybe ???  
    :-??
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    One of my concerns is that if a game suddenly crash, due whatever reasons, the steering wheel will still apply force. ie. going either to the left or the right. Also the rumble of either the brake of throttle will still rumble when the game has crashed/terminated. It might be useful to add a kill-switch/button for the base or all the peripherals. Just like DD wheels have this kill-switch to press when you crash the car. In this case it would be useful to have it to kill the base and its peripherals to avoiding damage to the electronics and hardware. Maybe I could switch off the base by pressing the button, but sometimes that don't help the wheel will still apply force. 

Kind regards,

Rinus

Great Idea. Some games even when not crashing and just spinning out can cause the wheel to violently rotate.
  • Thank you for the replies. I am glad to hear people are facing the same issue. I was thinking that it's perhaps an idea to make the switch compatible with the data connection of the base. To my knowledge the data connection is almost uhmm never used by people. Another option is to sell or add a dual powercord that has an 'split' to the kill-switch so you can tell the power-adapter to shut down. Maybe that's an option. I am not a electician, so I don't know how this works. 
  • Thank you for the replies. I am glad to hear people are facing the same issue. I was thinking that it's perhaps an idea to make the switch compatible with the data connection of the base. To my knowledge the data connection is almost uhmm never used by people. Another option is to sell or add a dual powercord that has an 'split' to the kill-switch so you can tell the power-adapter to shut down. Maybe that's an option. I am not a electician, so I don't know how this works. 
    This is even a better idea, hopefully an item like this will be for sale soon in the Fanatec store, and hopefully Thomas gets to see your post  *-:)
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    edited May 2017
    For the CSW Series we did n ot plan to make a kill Switch yet but a very easy cheap and simple solution would be to place a power plug with button beside the rig. A more elegant solution would be a remote control to shut down the power. Those are available for 20 USD.
  • That remote looks like a interesting option. Thank you, sir Jackmeier. Another note is would it harm the base, etc, by suddenly turn off the power? If no, then I will take a look into the options you suggested. 

Kind regards,

Rinus 

ps. If you ever make a kill switch I would probably buy it, cause it looks awesome, haha. 
  • Since I cannot edit my last post I want to add another note to the CSW 2.5:

Today I had to babysit my nephew. After 4 hours of ultimate fun I came back to my home and noticed I left my base on. I am not the richest human being on earth so I love to save on my electricitybill. Another hazard is fire, ofcourse. 

Now I know Thrustmaster wheel turn off when you shutdown the PC. Isn't this an optional option in the software too for the CSW 2.5? or perhaps is it an idea to put a sleeptimer-clock into the base itself to shut down after a hour or so of inactivity? 

Kind regards,

Rinus 
  • I am using vr. 
    could it be realistic to get one day the wheel menu (SEN-FF-SHO-DRI etc..) displayed on the headset ? so painfull to take it off each time...
  • Hello,
    Next week at last after long waiting I will order my first Fanatec stuff, I have decide to go with CSW V2.5 Base standard elite pedals (will upgrade next year) but I have an problem with wheel, my budget is tight and I think I will to start with P1 wheel. Is is really that bad as ppl saying on forums? Thanks in advance for replays.
  • Hello,
    Next week at last after long waiting I will order my first Fanatec stuff, I have decide to go with CSW V2.5 Base standard elite pedals (will upgrade next year) but I have an problem with wheel, my budget is tight and I think I will to start with P1 wheel. Is is really that bad as ppl saying on forums? Thanks in advance for replays.
    Well not all of us not know what people say on forums, so could yo ugive some examples? :)

The P1 wheel/rim isn't bad at all, actually the guy responsible for the FFB in the Project CARS games recently stated that the CSW v2.5 + P1 combination was giving really good FFB in pCARS2 for him, as the rim is very light and has a nice diameter for most cars.
  • I've started also wth CSW 2.5 and P1 and it's pretty good! Better than i thought. 
  • Guys day finally came I ordered my set today, any info on how long until it will get to me? it's within europe and i choose standard ups method. From morning order is processing... I hate waiting part :)
  • Threat not my friend it will be with you sooner than you think, even though, it's coming from Germany :)
  • I know I know but I want it now :D
  • Hello Fanatec team,

don't know if this is the right place, but anyway.

I'm on a csw 2.5 and I have this kind of a non issue, but I wanted to share my thoughts. With the original mounting socket there is some noticable flex, see this video: https://youtu.be/3EftkltnckQ. Solution would be as in the image below, but I know this would result in a completly new product, so for the future maybe...

Also on the bottom of the mounting socket, the mounting holes are too close together, also resulting in more clearance on the front if one pushes the wheel up/down.