Fanatec is now an official partner and supplier of Formula 1

Comments

• Congrats on the partnerships with both F1 Esports and Codemasters and the announcement of future F1 branded steering wheels.
    Looking forward to adding to my collection, Formula Black, Formula Carbon, BMW GT2 and my new favorite the McLaren GT3 all coupled with the V2.5 wheel base.
    Oh my favorite race would be Spa but my favorite affordable race would be Canada :) 
  • Daniel KaukeDaniel Kauke Member
    edited July 2018
    YES! My favourite sim racing gear supplier and my favourite motorsport for the past 15 years team up!

I'm really curious how the new rims will be like after using the current Formula Black for quite some time already! Something new to cruise around Monza/Hockenheim <3
  • hello, I have for about a year the complete equipment of Fanatec and Mega satisfied and now I'm waiting for the DD excited I'm hot as fry fat. and happy wish for the deal with F1 Esports just awesome. Greetings Dirk / Hockenheim or Spa
  • I have a modded Thrustmaster Ferrari F1 rim with full working display not a little 3 digit one. I also have around 32 mappable buttons on the wheel alone. Quality fully functional F1 rims are lacking in the Sim racing world. If you guys bring a fully functioning one to the party I will change from TM to fanatec in a heartbeat
  • Awesome, cannot wait for the official f1 rim. Adding to my PS4 CSL elite, clubsport shifter, v3i pedals and GT3 mclaren rim. These deals are great because you create the best price quality/performance wheels for the masses.
  • edited July 2018
    I'm a massive F1 fan, using an official rim will be amazing, can't wait.
    Richard, Do you want to visit a race? Let me know where you want to go and I will send you a pair of Paddock Club Club tickets for 2018 or 2019. :)
    As a massive F1 Fan moved to the US. If I may ask, do you maybe have some spare tickets for the US GP Oct21 for me and my wife? ☺️.
  • edited July 2018
    Thomas please tell to Codemasters they should support the standalone Inverted v3 pedals because those do not work from the 1.7 version of the F1 2017 game. I mean in the 1.7 version everything worked fine.
  • Congratulations to the Fanatec Team. Great news. I dont want tickets, i only want a F1 Mercedes Sterring Wheel, taht will be awesome.
  • Thomas, does this deal mean that Fanatec will support Codemasters in supporting your wheels in the current and new F1 games. I have been a beta tester for the last three years and one of the problems we experienced were that Codemasters didn't have a fanatec wheel!!! So very hard for them to understand how for instance Force Feedback should be translated to a Fanatec setup. Setting up the V2.5 was already difficult for F1 2017. I do hope your collaboration with Codemasters will pay off in a decent combo for Fanatec gear and Codemasters games.
  • Thomas, does this deal mean that Fanatec will support Codemasters in supporting your wheels in the current and new F1 games. I have been a beta tester for the last three years and one of the problems we experienced were that Codemasters didn't have a fanatec wheel!!! So very hard for them to understand how for instance Force Feedback should be translated to a Fanatec setup. Setting up the V2.5 was already difficult for F1 2017. I do hope your collaboration with Codemasters will pay off in a decent combo for Fanatec gear and Codemasters games.
    Really? Codemasters didn't have a Fanatec wheel? That's the lamest excuse I've ever heard. If they don't have one, they have to buy one or contact Fanatec for a dev-kit. And if none of the Codie-devs has a Fanatec-setup, I'm seriously questioning their passion for simracing.
  • I was talking about two years ago. Not sure what the situation is now, but last season when the V3 came out, issues around that set couldn't be tested because they didn't have the V3 set.
  • edited July 2018
    Made some screenshots of the FP2 session today. Which F1 steering wheel do you like most? Personally I like the Renault, Red Bull and Haas layout.

(Click on image for full size)
  • well done
  • Congratulations to the Fanatec Team. Great news. I dont want tickets, i only want a F1 Mercedes Sterring Wheel, taht will be awesome.
    Got some pictures of the Mercedes F1 steering wheel during quali. Aesthetically not my favorite with the open bottom, but very functional. Would be great though to get a replica wheel featuring a similar big screen in the middle and led's on top. Switches on the bottom for engine modes, brake balance and wheel menu similar to the GT3 McLaren wheel.

• definitley huge f1 fan have all codemasters f1 games.favourite track melbourne i maybe biased being an aussie.will be attending 2019 aust round.looking forward to seeing fanatec at the race.upgrade to podium series hugely anticipated.f1 rims, cant wait to splash lots of cash.
  • i am not on facebook am i still able to be in padock passes draw?
  • Made some screenshots of the FP2 session today. Which F1 steering wheel do you like most? Personally I like the Renault, Red Bull and Haas layout.

If you like the Haas wheel then you also like the Ferrari one as they are identical!
  • 2 questions. 1 does this 100% mean we're getting F1 wheels? And secondly what is the rough ETA for these? I'm getting hired on full time at my job instead of being a temp which means a very nice raise starting late July so I'd love to be able to use my second inflated paycheck for a much better wheel (Currently have a Thrustmaster TMX).
  • I play the F1 series a lot and the wife and I watch every race lol so this is great news that you’re now an official partner! Definitely looking forward to the licensed wheels! Always wondered when something like this would happen lol. Good for the world to know the quality that is Fanatec! Spa would be a great race to see but visiting Circuit of the Americas would be great too since I’m in the U.S and travel would be easier for us lol. What a dream that would be!! Maybe someday!
  • Nice to know that the organisation behind F1 Esport chooses quality over quantity, in the ‘acceptable’ price range there is simply no alternative for Fanatec..  

• hi Thomas is there any way to join in for the paddock passes draw without being on facebook ?.i dont want to sign up to facebook cheers
  • edited July 2018
    As a huge fan of F1 this will be awesome!!! Cannot wait to see what they do for the F1 wheels. Looking forward to the future developments and thanks again Fanatec for putting out such awesome products and making my sim racing experience so much better. Would love to attend a race someday but with a family of 5 I'm afraid we won't be doing that anytime soon. Maybe once the kids are older my wife and I can go LOL. I know she wants to, I told her one day I'd take her to Italy as long as we could go to the race hahaha.
  • This is great news! As an F1 fan i'm really looking forward to the officially licensed wheels. Spa is my favourite track for sure!
  • Good nems Thomas,

"But of course we will also come up with licensed and official F1 branded steering wheels which will feature new technology and will be supported by the upcoming F1 games by Codemasters"

Con you tell us when we can aspect a official F1 branded steering wheel, iam a realy big fan of F1.

If the wheels coming on the market soon, i going to buy a new fanatac system.

• This is absolutely awesome news. HUGE F1 fan, love the Codemasters games, and recently became a proud Fanatec owner this past year.

Incredibly anxious to see what kind of benefits can be had by the two teaming up. Will the game be written to utilize the full capability of Fanatec equipment? Will it incorporate all Fanatec SDKs?? AM I FINALLY GOING TO PLAY A GAME THAT CAN UTILIZE THE CLUBSPORT PEDALS' VIBRATION MOTORS???

Also will wait with anticipation to see what these "bundles" are...along with the new Podium series, the future seems very bright at Fanatec.
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    It does indeed and I for one am incredibly happy about this! Fanatec are one company that has constantly and consistently pushed forward with the customers convenience at heart (which has even got them into trouble on occasions) :wink:
    So to see a company, that truly fights for its family (its customers) get this licence makes me incredibly happy and very excited for the future!
  • Stephen FrithStephen Frith Member
    edited July 2018
    Made some screenshots of the FP2 session today. Which F1 steering wheel do you like most? Personally I like the Renault, Red Bull and Haas layout.

Aww man , this makes me pitch a tent in my pants ! The thought of having a official Genuine F1 rim sitting on my CSWv2 base ! I wont be able to get the smile off my face when this happens ! I'm so fully excited to order the Mclaren GT3 rim and now this ! What a great time to be a Sim racer ;)
    Oh , i choose the RedBull rim please :)
  • Already saw some streams at the last race in Germany. Great news. I hope we’ll get some F1 wheels for csl base soon which is fully compatible with xbox. I also hope the rev light will work on that wheel in xbox mode. That makes the picture complete an i definitive will buy that. Soem very nice tracks are hungarian, Canada and austria. Definitly realy great news and i also hope to see Fanatec in the Ziggo Sport studio in Holland :-)
  • This Official F1 wheel rim will fit the CSW2.5 base, or only the new Podium wheel bases? 
  • Just bought my first $1500 worth of Fanatec gear, hope they will retroactively give copies of F1 2018 to recent customers.  Not likely, but I can hope.