Comments

• Does the DD wheel use the same bolt patterns as the CSW base?
  • edited July 2018
    Thomas so only DD1 will have a ps4 version? (will DD2 have compatibility modes which support some workaround solutions we have on the market today?)

I'm an "ex pc racer" with less time on my hands so (lately) GTsport etc is perfect fit for quick plays. But I hate the feeling of settling for the lesser version when buying new stuff. Especially knowing that PS5 could drop the compatibility etc.

Simracing nowadays helps me with my cerebral palsy so I invest in it but I don't want to have multiple rigs.
  • edited July 2018

:-O
  • an auction? w.t.f.
  • edited July 2018
    Thanks for the presentation. Where would I find written more detailed information about the Podium wheels?  As feedback in the spirit of continuous improvement, I found the presentation in the video was confusing. I would appreciate more clarity on the differences in what I think I heard about 3 wheel offers?  It was nice that the performance graphs were shared. 
  • hello Good i want  to make the request of the base dd2 but not to hi seems  when it  Will be available thanks
  • Does the DD wheel use the same bolt patterns as the CSW base?
    Question has been answered on the Fanatec website (it does).  Thanks.
  • I’m disappointed with the auction idea. I feel conflicted. Don’t want to waste my time on auctions where I expect the prices to be high. Do I buy more wheel than I need now, wait to see what the price settles down to on the other, or go elsewhere? Wish I had a clear option for the P1.
  • Will the new F1 wheel be separately available and compatible with ps4 elite?
  • edited July 2018

• edited July 2018
    i have waited and waited 
  • The R in relevant is missing :) do I win?
    Will be interesting to see what the pricing is, I am never good at getting last bid in auctions

If there is something missing, please let me know in the comments.

• I do not see any pre-order options on the site???
  • I do not see any pre-order options on the site???
    Pre-order is up on North American site. If you want 5 yr warranty it is an extra $299 USD.
  • I‘m a bit disappointed as well, I would like to order a DD2, the price seems reasonable from my perspective. But I need PS4 compatibility. You said that you think it does not matter if someone is racing on PC or console, so I hope that the DD2 comes with PS4 compatibility as well. @Thomas: any more information regarding DD2 and PS4?
  • edited July 2018
    I‘m a bit disappointed as well, I would like to order a DD2, the price seems reasonable from my perspective. But I need PS4 compatibility. You said that you think it does not matter if someone is racing on PC or console, so I hope that the DD2 comes with PS4 compatibility as well. @Thomas: any more information regarding DD2 and PS4?
    In description it says that it is not compatible (both 1 and 2). There will be special DD1 version for ps4, and it is a bummer for me. I'm leaning towards staying with my CSW v2 until ps5
  • So, more waiting....end of the year (at the earliest). No info about new Podium wheels (except the F1) or other peripherals...
    Going to to switch to the OSW path I'm afraid... (though I like the plug &play idea of the Podium series).
  • V2 was my last Product From Fanatec ... Switch over too OSW...
  • Hi Thomas. 

The DD1 auction seems like a fun idea, will drum up a lot of interest and bids for the new base. Big question however.... will Australia/Japan etc. get the opportunity this time to join the auctions or will be another EU/US exclusive?
  • Thinking also switch over to any other Brand as Fanatec if i want spent more Money..
  • edited July 2018
    If you do not like the price then don't buy it, if you don't like an auction then don't participate, it's that simple. People on here are always just bitching and moaning and threatening to buy other products. You aren't entitled to anything so please just either buy the product or do not buy the product it is afterall up to you and your budget. The price came in a little lower than I expected actually so I am pleased with that however it is still a bit out of my budget range too but maybe later this year I can try to get the DD2. Point is I really can't afford one just yet either but you can't take it out on the manufacturer because it's out of your price range. I mean I'd love a Ferrari but I can't complain to them that they're too expensive for me now can I?
  • I‘m a bit disappointed as well, I would like to order a DD2, the price seems reasonable from my perspective. But I need PS4 compatibility. You said that you think it does not matter if someone is racing on PC or console, so I hope that the DD2 comes with PS4 compatibility as well. @Thomas: any more information regarding DD2 and PS4?
    In description it says that it is not compatible (both 1 and 2). There will be special DD1 version for ps4, and it is a bummer for me. I'm leaning towards staying with my CSW v2 until ps5
    I did read that, the question is will there be a special DD2 Version for PS4 as well (I think it’s „just“ licensing), I don‘t mind waiting longer but as I‘m really into having the DD2...

I did read that, the question is will there be a special DD2 Version for PS4 as well (I think it’s „just“ licensing), I don‘t mind waiting longer but as I‘m really into having the DD2...
    But it is expensive to manufacture multiple versions so I am not getting my hopes up.
  • Andrew HakeAndrew Hake Member
    edited July 2018
    These look absolutely fantastic! Great stuff. I have the same question as some others. From the live stream it sounds like there will be a a specific stand alone version of the DD1 with PS4 compatibility coming in the future?

It might be a good idea to make this clear on the website somewhere because right now under compatibility of DD1 it says not PS4 compatible.

Will definitely be ordering a PS4 compatible version as soon as it's available!
  • Thomas, I've just pre ordered the DD2, but I think the DD1 looks better. What are the "Exchangeable brushed aluminium cover plates", any pics? Thanks
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    Does the DD wheel use the same bolt patterns as the CSW base?
    Yes but only if you take off the adapter plate as it has the 3 hole pattern.
  • Hello Thomas, where can I preorder the DD2? Greetings Dirk (Germany)
    So, more waiting....end of the year (at the earliest). No info about new Podium wheels (except the F1) or other peripherals...
    Going to to switch to the OSW path I'm afraid... (though I like the plug &play idea of the Podium series).
    May I ask why you think that OSW will serve you better?
    I‘m a bit disappointed as well, I would like to order a DD2, the price seems reasonable from my perspective. But I need PS4 compatibility. You said that you think it does not matter if someone is racing on PC or console, so I hope that the DD2 comes with PS4 compatibility as well. @Thomas: any more information regarding DD2 and PS4?
    The DD1 is really powerful enough. It will be hard to make use of the DD2 potential. For us it is just a showcase of our capabilities so that we can demonstrate the advatages of our outrunner technology but 99% of users will be happy with the DD1. We just don't see the market potential on PlayStation to go even more high-end.