Podium Wheel Bases - All the Info you need

Comments

• hello!!! the price of the ps4?
  • Are all sim racers whiny little girls?;-) 

I do think DD wheels are expensive, but the Fanatec version is a no brainer, if your already invested, and I for on plan on getting a few wheels while i wait for the DD1 and/or ps4 edition, McLaren and Porsche.

Will the current ps4 compatible wheels, be ps4 compatible with the DD1PS4 base?

Do we need an emergency stop button, if we don't use the torque key?

German humor is an acquired taste, and is a lot better after a few beers;-) but for gamers a little gamble on an auction, might be fun.
    I want it yesterday as well, but now I have time to upgrade the rest of my rig.
  • Hopefully the shifters will not be built like the McLaren rim like the wip principle. It would be great, as with the clubsport steering wheels, that you can replace the shifter with higher quality magnet shifters.
  • I just want to Know more info on the PS4 DD base like price and pre order dates, don’t really have any need for the DD2 since I already have the Bodnar 54 system for my PC sims
  • Is there a table mounting bracket for the DD? or could just use the clubsport table clamp?
  • edited July 2018
    Is there a table mounting bracket for the DD? or could just use the clubsport table clamp?
    Hard mounting is highly recommended due to the high torque
  • Manuel RinconManuel Rincon Member
    edited July 2018

Are all sim racers whiny little girls?;-) 

Yeah, it seems pretty bad.
    It's a toy steering wheel to play video games, and people have completely lost their minds.

• I missed the facebook stream as I was traveling and it hasn't been posted anywhere.

We know the DD2 is going to ship in december, do we know when the DD1 is going to ship?
  • For those of us who own both PS4 and Xbox One, if you put an Xbox One universal hub on the PS4 compatible DD1, can you use It on Xbox too?
    Would like to know that too. Can one put an Elite Wheel P1 for example on the PS4 version of the DD1 and have both Xbox and PS4 compatibility then?
    Thomas says, YES you can.....
  • According to video jackermeier interview, the torque is automatically lowered when a p1 is mounted to protect the plastic from breakage
  • Will the auctions stop and a price be put on DD1? If so, then when will that be? I want to order it.
  • Please give us the dimensions of the base, width, height, depth & length of shaft if possible. And more info about "All-Aluminium housing & Exchangeable brushed aluminium cover plates." On the DD2, is it real carbon fibre and can it be replaced by these aluminium cover plates, thanks
  • Luna LLuna L Member
    Silly that the PS4 version ships with a rim again. Drives up the price and almost impossible to sell the PS4 rims.
    I find the dedicated PS4 rims pretty useless, I always use my P1 Elite or McLaren since these can be used on PS4, Xbox and PC.
    The PS4 rims can't be used on Xbox.
    Hoping for a nice wheel like the Porsche 918 with Xbox compatibility that I can use on all three platforms.
  • Will the auctions stop and a price be put on DD1? If so, then when will that be? I want to order it.
    https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/fanatec-podium-direct-drive-wheel-bases-thread.358875/page-12#post-12399356

Silly that the PS4 version ships with a rim again. 
    This is most likely a requirement from SONY,but I would say that one year after the release there will be stand-alone Podium PS4 base just like with the CSL Elite PS4.
  • If the current wheels can be used on the DD will the upcoming Podium Wheels be compatable with the CSW base V2.5?

Yes there will be a set price. You will be able to order it like normal after the December launch.
  • Rem Ambruosi there is a Very Simple Solution... You No Like It You No Buy it!!! My pre order is in and I'm sure I'm Not the only 1 ... Hurry act Now the Cheaper other Brand DD awaits your order Don't waste your time complaining prices aren't gonna go down!!! Get your order in Now before the other Cheaper Brand DD wheels sell out!

Lorrell Waddell, yes there is a very simple solution, if your silly enough to pay that ridiculous price, then fine go ahead, yes your not the only one pre ordering, its because of the stupidness of people like yourselves that Fanatec get away with these sort of prices, and I will be laughing at you when the prices do drop, due to minimal sales, and that will be a fact as the coming months will show, good luck on your very overpriced piece of equipment, I will stick to my V2.5, buying the V2.5 was certainly reasonable and it doesn't make you look like a fool buying it. And to pre order the DD2 this far back being so expensive is a very rookie thing to do, obviously you have more money than brains. 

• Rem Ambruosi there is a Very Simple Solution... You No Like It You No Buy it!!! My pre order is in and I'm sure I'm Not the only 1 ... Hurry act Now the Cheaper other Brand DD awaits your order Don't waste your time complaining prices aren't gonna go down!!! Get your order in Now before the other Cheaper Brand DD wheels sell out!

Lorrell Waddell, yes there is a very simple solution, if your silly enough to pay that ridiculous price, then fine go ahead, yes your not the only one pre ordering, its because of the stupidness of people like yourselves that Fanatec get away with these sort of prices, and I will be laughing at you when the prices do drop, due to minimal sales, and that will be a fact as the coming months will show, good luck on your very overpriced piece of equipment, I will stick to my V2.5, buying the V2.5 was certainly reasonable and it doesn't make you look like a fool buying it. And to pre order the DD2 this far back being so expensive is a very rookie thing to do, obviously you have more money than brains. 
    Good god you're one of those people...who does everything right, and anyone who doesn't do things the way you do is "stupid". 

Do you know there are people that would call you stupid for thinking a v2.5 is also reasonably priced? I also own a v2.5...and I've met such people. Doesn't make them right.

Also, some people may be calling you stupid for not knowing how to reply properly in a forum (hint: don't type in the gray box; I fixed it for you in my reply)...point is, you need to grow up mentally. You're not the absolute authority on what is right and wrong in the world, so get off your high horse and stop judging everyone so harshly. 

I can't afford a DD1 or DD2, obviously you can't either, but that doesn't mean others like Lorrell can't afford it comfortably, nor should they have to explain themselves to anyone. Live and let live.
  • edited July 2018
    Lorrell Waddell, yes there is a very simple solution, if your silly enough to pay that ridiculous price, then fine go ahead, yes your not the only one pre ordering, its because of the stupidness of people like yourselves ... And to pre order the DD2 this far back being so expensive is a very rookie thing to do, obviously you have more money than brains. 

I think we all get your point of view. But seriously, just because you disagree, it's no reason to insult people who pre ordered it. If someone think it's worth the money, than it's his opinion and his money.
  • edited July 2018
    Lorrell Waddell, yes there is a very simple solution, if your silly enough to pay that ridiculous price, then fine go ahead, yes your not the only one pre ordering, its because of the stupidness of people like yourselves ... And to pre order the DD2 this far back being so expensive is a very rookie thing to do, obviously you have more money than brains. 

I think we all get your point of view. But seriously, just because you disagree, it's no reason to insult people who pre ordered it. If someone think it's worth the money, than it's his opinion and his money.
    Thats Not My Original Post thats Quoted.. the Quoted post are Mixed up some how... I Pre Orderd at 4pm Ny time on Day 1!!! ... You should Go Read My Post and you would see that i was responding to some one who was saying the wheel will Not sell due to its price.
    This is My post... read thtough and you will see that any additional stuff added to the post was editied into My original post while being Quoted.... My Wheel is ordered fist day.
  • edited July 2018
    I think that's a misunderstanding. I didnt't quote your post, I've quoted Rem Ambruosi. And my respond is also adressed to Rem.
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    If the current wheels can be used on the DD will the upcoming Podium Wheels be compatable with the CSW base V2.5?
    Yes they will be compatible!
    Silly that the PS4 version ships with a rim again. Drives up the price and almost impossible to sell the PS4 rims.
    I find the dedicated PS4 rims pretty useless, I always use my P1 Elite or McLaren since these can be used on PS4, Xbox and PC.
    Hoping for a nice wheel like the Porsche 918 with Xbox compatibility that I can use on all three platforms.
    This is a requirement of Sony and it makes sense. But believe that this steering wheel will be very desirable.
    Are all sim racers whiny little girls?;-) 

I do think DD wheels are expensive, but the Fanatec version is a no brainer, if your already invested, and I for on plan on getting a few wheels while i wait for the DD1 and/or ps4 edition, McLaren and Porsche.

Will the current ps4 compatible wheels, be ps4 compatible with the DD1PS4 base?

Do we need an emergency stop button, if we don't use the torque key?

German humor is an acquired taste, and is a lot better after a few beers;-) but for gamers a little gamble on an auction, might be fun.
    I want it yesterday as well, but now I have time to upgrade the rest of my rig.
    There is no need for the kill switch if used with the torque key as it will reduce the torque to a level of the CSW V2.5
  • Great Thanks
  • Luna LLuna L Member
    edited July 2018
    This is a requirement of Sony and it makes sense. But believe that this steering wheel will be very desirable.
      I have no dubt it will be a fine wheel but I use Xbox and PC mainly and PS only for PS exclusives. So for me a rim like the McLaren I have is more intersting since it can cover all 3 platforms. A PS4 rim with no Xbox compatibility usually stays in the closet like the one that came with my CSL Elite for PS4, I simply use the P1 Elite rim or McLaren.
    And selling it is not really an option as it can only be used with the PS4 bases and most people have bought those as a package with the same rim. People who bought the base only at a later date probably won't want it either else they would have bought the kit.

But not much can be done about it since Sony requires it. Xbox for the win!  :)
    And Kudos to Fanatec for having the only system with compatibility for 3 platforms!  :)
  • brett morobrett moro Member
    edited July 2018
    if someone does not like the prices there more than entitled to speak there mind... I think Thomas is great but this time around these Fantec DD base prices aren't what I am looking for...if I can pick up one second hand or wait for this tech to become more affordable in a few years I will!
  • Joel BarsottiJoel Barsotti Member
    edited July 2018
    if someone does not like the prices there more than entitled to speak there mind... I think Thomas is great but this time around these Fantec DD base prices aren't what I am looking for...if I can pick up one second hand or wait for this tech to become more affordable in a few years I will!
    Hard to know without a concrete price on the DD1. Given that the difference between DD1 and DD2 sounds like it's limited to the motor, it's hard to anticipate anything more than a $200 difference. Specifically I'd guess the DD1 will be priced at $1295.

That puts the DD1 at the same price point in the US for just the base against the Accuforce V2 complete package.The fanatec ecosystem is amazing and I love all the quality rim options, on the other hand the Accuforce V2 is on sale for $150 off and is available right now. I'm interested to see how the auctions go, but I'm really aching to upgrade my wheel soon.
  • Don't forget that DD2 has 3 years warranty instead of 2 for DD1.
    If additional 2 years cost 300€ for the DD2, we can consider 150€ per warranty year to substract.
    Also, there will no kill switch in the package (see DD1's features page)...