Fanatec products on Xbox One UPDATE

Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
edited October 2014 in Blog
Landshut, Germany – 3.10.2014 – This is the announcement many people have been waiting for and we are happy to announce that Endor AG (the company behind the brand Fanatec) and Microsoft Corp. have closed a license agreement to make racing peripherals for the Xbox One.
Fanatec plans to release a broad line up of racing wheels which will fit all kind of racing styles and different budgets.
Xbox One brings the latest in innovation and power to the development of racing peripherals giving fans of Fanatec products the opportunity to play the newest Xbox One titles with full support and integration.
Available soon, fans will be able to enable Xbox One compatibility on their Fanatec wheel bases by simply attaching an Xbox One steering wheel to an Xbox One enabled Fanatec wheel base (like the ClubSport Wheel Base V2), making their whole system compatible to Xbox One. Additional details and features will be announced soon.
Additional Fanatec peripherals like pedals, shifters or handbrakes that were purchased with an Xbox 360 will also be compatible with  Xbox One. The modular configuration system in the Fanatec webshop allows you to purchase only the components you need.

Thomas Jackermeier, CEO of Endor/Fanatec: “I am very excited to announce this partnership as we have been working with Microsoft behind the scenes on new and exciting products. Xbox One and “Forza Motorsport” will continue to be a landmark of ultra-realistic racing simulations on any gaming console and we look forward to bringing this realism to a whole new level for our fans.”  

http://www.Fanatec.com
https://www.facebook.com/Fanatec
@fanatec

UPDATE
Reworded to make compatibility more clear

Comments

• Man, Its so C00l the Fanatec wheels are going to able to work on the XBone! This will really Help sales A Lot. Fanatec is really starting to do some Great Stuff with its New Products. :-bd
  • "Available soon, fans will be able to enable Xbox One compatibility on their current Fanatec wheels by simply attaching them to a Fanatec wheel base, making their whole system compatible to Xbox One."

This sounds like existing rims and bases will work with Xbox One. There will probably be a firmware and/or dashboard update to allow this to work properly. Does this sound correct?

I am still waiting on that V2 base invite, as my PWTS is in serious need of replacement. I'm expecting the code in the next 2 weeks!

• How about extending my code for a day now that you've announced xbox one compatibility?
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    You can extend your code by yourself if you go to "my account"
  • You can extend your code by yourself if you go to "my account"
    Where?? I would like it to extend, and give it to some member here, cause I am tight on money, and I won't be able to purchase anything until next year :-(
  • Hallo Thomas, das sind super Neuigkeiten. Habe bereits eine Wheel base v2 vorbestellt in der Hoffnung das diese mit der Xbox-One kompatibel ist. Ist es so oder wird es eine geaenderte Wheel base Version geben?  
  • now , just wait for the same annoncement for PS4 ........ !!

How can I do that? Had a look but couldn't find a way.
  • "Available soon, fans will be able to enable Xbox One compatibility on their current Fanatec wheels by simply attaching them to a Fanatec wheel base, making their whole system compatible to Xbox One."

This sounds like existing rims and bases will work with Xbox One. There will probably be a firmware and/or dashboard update to allow this to work properly. Does this sound correct?

Thomas, can you confirm if this is right. That is exactly how it reads, that we can use our existing CSW rims if we put them on a V2 base.
  • edited October 2014

"Available soon, fans will be able to enable Xbox One compatibility on their current Fanatec wheels by simply attaching them to a Fanatec wheel base, making their whole system compatible to Xbox One."

Thomas, can you confirm if this is right. That is exactly how it reads, that we can use our existing CSW rims if we put them on a V2 base.
    Thank you so much Fanatec !! You are the best ^:)^

Stephen, I think that it is the contrary. The current Fanatec wheel is now the CSW Base V2. I think that we will be able to use this wheel base on Xbox One with the next wheel rims.
  • Fanatec commented this on their FB page:

"You can buy a wheel base like the CSW V2 and then upgrade to Xbox One compatibility by attaching an Xbox One rim"

That helps clear things up.

• Thanks Luke..although the original announcement is a bit misleading.

I've already ordered my V2 anyway :)
  • Luca MasiLuca Masi Member
    edited October 2014
    Please Thomas, 
    i have preordered a CSW V2 for the XBOX One compatibility, but now i hear something different:

"fans will be able to enable Xbox One compatibility on their current Fanatec wheels by simply attaching them to a Fanatec wheel base, making their whole system compatible to Xbox One."

but you previously stated:
    "You can buy a wheel base like the CSW V2 and then upgrade to Xbox One compatibility by attaching an Xbox One rim"

Which one is correct? 
    Thanks
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    edited October 2014
    Please tell me that the Forza CSR Elite will not be compatible because I just sold my whole kit to order the Wheel Base V2.

Edit: All clear you will need to buy the CSW V2 wheel base + compatible Steering wheels. Old Racing wheels will not work.
  • Sorry Thomas, aber das sind Scheiß Neuigkeiten. Was ist mit der PS4??? Heißt das, mit Sony gibt es noch keinen Vertrag? Ich hoffe nicht, dass ich mir jetzt eine V2-Base bestellt habe und kann auf der PS4 damit nix anfangen.  :(
  • edited October 2014
    Good news.

Now I hope some PS4 compatibility will be available soon (before my CSW V2 is delivered), as DriveClub is going to be released next week and Project Cars will be next month.

Right now, I am testing The Crew beta on PS4, and of course, my CSW is not managed :(

Good work nevertheless, go on so !
  • Yes,

The news I was waiting for, finally I will be able to play Forza 5 and pCars in november, the way it's meant to be played.

Now if only the people at Fanatec can figure out why I still don't have an invite code yet. :-/
  • Thanks Thomas! This is music to my ears as I think the Xbox One has the more interesting selection of racing titles on the new consoles. Just waiting for that invite code though... ;)
  • Ok good news but I could care less when does the first wave of v2's ship?
  • Well done!:)
  • I still have not received my code either even though I was one of the first in the US to pre-order the CSW V1. I have posted in every place that Thomas has asked us to as well as have sent customer service and email with no reply. Kind of pissing me off at this point since I actually want to buy the V2 base.
  • Congratulations Thomas Great line of products, XBone products will be great with awesome quality!

• Hope ps4 will also be announced soon otherwise I bought a wheel base im not going to be able to use :( I know this was my decision but I felt I had no choice as the code only lasted a week! Pls thomas dont make me start regreting my purchase of the v2
  • Well you just made the thought of buying an XBox1 More realistic however you might have lost a sale for the Porsche 918 wheel by doing so LOL. 8-X
  • edited October 2014
    Thank you Fanatec.

Can I get a code for the CSW V2 by pre ordering the CSSQ V1.5, or do I have to wait until its available so I have it delivered ? (I dont want to get CSP V2 as im waiting for V3)
    Where?? I would like it to extend, and give it to some member here, cause I am tight on money, and I won't be able to purchase anything until next year :-(
    Hey Ivan if you could give me that code I would greatly appreciate it, its the only thing holding me from ordering my setup.
  • OMG finally the news I've been waiting for !!!

If only someone would be so kind to send me the extra bonus code, Europe, it will be highly appriciated. So I hope to play Project Cars with a real steering wheel instead of a crappy TX or MC.

Thnx in advance

• Thomas, is PS4-support still realistic? 

Of course you cannot give details about what's going on behind the scene but a few hints would be great - my invitation code is waiting and I'd really like to order but as I own PS4 AND Xbox One it is essential to me that this wheel will work with both platforms. 
    Maybe I'm not the only one around here with this "problem"?

• Thomas, is PS4-support still realistic? 

Of course you cannot give details about what's going on behind the scene but a few hints would be great - my invitation code is waiting and I'd really like to order but as I own PS4 AND Xbox One it is essential to me that this wheel will work with both platforms. 
    Maybe I'm not the only one around here with this "problem"?

Id also like to know if ps4 is going to be available soon!!! dont have xbox but didnt want to miss out on the best new wheel on the market so felt I had no choice but to order. Pcars is out next month and really dont want to use a pad and have my csw  still in the box. Buying a xbox is a option but dont want to buy one if ps4 will also have wheels available soon. Pls thomas even a little hint just so I know what to do and which platform  to get my games.
  • Give us some PS4 news PLEASE ?????!!!!!!!!