Our first stand-alone PS4 wheel base is now available: CSL Elite Wheel Base+

2»

Comments

• Can the lower part be detached?

I want it flat on my desk without this angel part.
    No.
  • We purchased this wheel base 2 weeks ago, arrived last Friday. Went to Install it over the weekend, but looks like it is dead on arrival. This is a very frustrating experience for us, as we spent an absolute fortune with Fanatec. They conveniently don't have any Australian numbers to call, have emailed them, but have not received any responses from them. A very very disappointing situation. Has anyone else had the same issue and what did you do?
  • When whil the CSL Elite Wheel Base be updated to the same standard, 
    Precision steering sensor mounted directly on the axis and not on the motor 
    to avoid all the negative influence of the belt drive 
    and 1000Hz update rate, as the CSL Elite Wheel Base+.
    For as not playing PS4.
  • Is oscillation on the straits normal for all fanatec wheels or is there a setting I'm missing? I play GT sport mostly and I'm starting to get really annoyed by this.. Almost to the point of getting rid of my fanatec and going to thrustmaster.
  • Turn your DRI setting to off!

Keith.
  • Is oscillation on the straits normal for all fanatec wheels or is there a setting I'm missing? I play GT sport mostly and I'm starting to get really annoyed by this.. Almost to the point of getting rid of my fanatec and going to thrustmaster.
    what in Game settings are you using? What Tuning Menu settings are you using? Whoch mode do you use? Oscillating can have multiple reasons so we need a bit more info about your settings. 
  • 10 and 10 for FF and sensitivity for in game setting. 60 sensitivity 65 FF Sho 100 Abs 80 Dri OFF!!!! FOR 90 Spr 90 Dpr 100 Fei 50
  • I'm looking to purchase the CSL Elite Starter Kit for PS4. Before I do, however, I'm trying to gather some information on how necessary a software update would be to perform. 
    The issue for me is that I do not own a PC and as such would be unable to perform the update myself. 

My question is twofold - would the CSL Elite base come already shipped with the latest software version, and if not, is there a third party option, a company that would perform the update for a fee?
  • I'm looking to purchase the CSL Elite Starter Kit for PS4. Before I do, however, I'm trying to gather some information on how necessary a software update would be to perform. 
    The issue for me is that I do not own a PC and as such would be unable to perform the update myself. 

My question is twofold - would the CSL Elite base come already shipped with the latest software version, and if not, is there a third party option, a company that would perform the update for a fee?
    Normally, a wheel base comes with the latest released firmware. However, newer beta firmware versions may be available, and of course after you have purchased the base newer official firmware releases can become available.

Updating the firmware could also be done on a PC or laptop of family or friends, all is needed is to install the Fanatec driver on the PC. If no other option is available, it could be done by a Fanatec Support Agent, at the cost of shipping the wheel base back and forth.
  • Chris HackelChris Hackel Member
    edited September 2018
    I am considering buying:
    • CSL Elite Wheel Base + officially licensed for PS4™ at 399.95€
      link
    • CSL Steering Wheel P1 at 99.95€
      link
    • CSL Elite Pedals at 89.95€
      link
    Total: 589.85€

Will I be able to use this combo on all 3 platforms? (PC, PS4 and XBOX ONE)

If I understand correctly, the P1 Steering Wheel grants xbox compatibility to the Wheel Base which already supports PS4 and PC. Therefore all 3 platforms are supported. Am I correct? Am I missing something? I just want to have a confirmation before I purchase them.
    Thanks for you help. (I didn't find an official support email address to send this to, I thought maybe the forum can help me out here)
  • I am considering buying:
      link
      link
      link

If I understand correctly, the P1 Steering Wheel grants xbox compatibility to the Wheel Base which already supports PS4 and PC. Therefore all 3 platforms are supported. Am I correct? Am I missing something? I just want to have a confirmation before I purchase them.
    Thanks for you help. (I didn't find an official support email address to send this to, I thought maybe the forum can help me out here)
    If I where you I'd get the PS4 bundle https://www.fanatec.com/us-en/bundle/product/csl-elite-ps4-starter-kit-for-pc-and-ps4.html Then add on the GT3 wheel for xbox compat.
  • Hi, I am looking to get a gaming headset and mic but how do I connect whilst playing Project Cars 2 as there is no port on the wheel base. Is it best to get a Bluetooth headset or can I plug one into the USB port on the PS4? Thanks.
  • I am considering buying:
      link
      link
      link

If I where you I'd get the PS4 bundle https://www.fanatec.com/us-en/bundle/product/csl-elite-ps4-starter-kit-for-pc-and-ps4.html Then add on the GT3 wheel for xbox compat.
    Get confirmation of this first. As far as I'm aware the drivers and firmware are in the wheel base. I doubt just adding a rim would make the PS4 base compatible with Xbox (if it isn't already compatible). Again, get OFFICIAL confirmation before you buy.You can use the "contact us" on the main Fanatec site. They're usually really quick to answer. At least they were when I had inquiries.
  • Yes you can just get the correct Xbox steering wheel and it will work on the PS4 base. The chip to talk to Xbox is in the steering wheel. While for PS4 it is in the base. 
  • Thomas Jackermeier said in Oct. 2017
    GT Sports works well in compatibility mode so please go ahead and enjoy this game. No need to wait for anything. They are working on the implementation of advanced features which are not needed to play the game but will add to the experience. Kazunori Yamauchi himself assured me that this implementation will happen within this year.
    Hi Thomas, we are close to 2019 already and your wheels are still not fully supported by GT Sport. I mean the display (gear and speed indicators) is still not working. Can we expect any further improvement here? Cheers, Thorsten
  • Looking for some help and guidance

I am living in Japan where the CSL Elite PS4 is not officially released.I understand from some talks with FANATEC Customer service that it is in SONY hands but why would they have granted licensing in the US,Europe and AUSTRALIA and not here in Japan is confusing.

Are there any high level talks ongoing with SONY Japan to get them accepting the local offering of this PS4 wheel base?

anyway, still considering to upgrade from my old CSR wheel to a CSL variant being the Xbox.

I understand that the electronics controlling the motor, the transfer rate increased to 1000Mhz and the better lighter P1 wheel in the bundle are the main differences

But what about real life behavior between the 2? Will I be really missing much going for the Xbox variant? 
  • when will the base finally be fully implemented for the crew 2? There are still FF failures in fast corners. Must the full compatibility be given by the game manufacturer or the peripheral manufacturer?
  • Game developers. They did get the tools, SDK, to implement that in the game... So if they lack to do it right.. You as a customer have to live with it. Sad, butt true