Fanatec products on Xbox One UPDATE

Comments

• I haven't been on in a while and just received a code for the v2. I know u can buy a wheel for the elite so I was wondering if they will make a xb1 wheel for the elite or just the v2. It's still unclear because it doesn't say only the v2 wheel base.
  • PS4!!!!!!
  • Yeeeah!!!! I just just received my code and order was placed within % Min of getting it!!!!

• Thomas can you tell us if the CSW v2 will also Support the Xbox 360 via Optional Rims or is it Just for the next Gen systems only?  Thanx
  • Awesome news! 
    I can't wait to see what Fanatec has planned for the XB1. I am also surprised that Microsoft was onboard with having compatibility through an exchangeable wheel. I guess this means they are open expensive to peripherals like steering wheels having some future proofing. I know that's just speculation on my end because this agreement in no ways guarantees that their next system will be compatible with the CSW V2, but it is at least an olive branch. Hopefully they embrace a non proprietary connection method on their next system. Something like USB Type C or something.
  • Well they said earlier that they were negociating with the 2 console companies...so my guess is that there will be a PS4 edition OR just a firmware update available soon !!
  • edited October 2014
    Presently have the Porsche 911 GT2 wheel which handles PC, 360 and PS3.  Purposely held off on next gens due to not allowing my Fanatec hardware to play nicely on it, so been migrating to PC racing more and more.

Got the email about getting an invite to the new hardware would be coming soon, so I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the ClubSport Steering Wheel Universal Hub US, so I can put my own 3rd party steering wheel on it.

My question would be if this hub I just paid $249.00 for, will ever have the capability to be updated to work with next gens?  I may have just screwed myself by ordering it.. but the last thing I wanted would to be to get the Club Sport V2 invite, and then these hubs be out of stock.  Oh well.... such is life.  Just send me my invite please.  :-)
  • The way it is going is unclear. I also pre ordered the base 2 to avoid lossing my code.

There is no way to use this code later (that's the answer I have form fanatec on my email.)

I made a money order not to pay it. I also need compatibility with the one and ps4.

you must be fair with all those cusotmer wich allready spent lot of monney in you products.

They way it is moving seems like it's a bit messy.

Let people use their code when right solution is ready for each one.

• Codes can be extended.
  • im confused why does the CSW V2 not work on the PS4?  it works on the PS3... Didn't Sony said that all the wheels that work on PS3 will work on the PS4 or did i miss something???  They said its up to the game developers to program wheel support into the Game is the last thing i Heard.
  • This is a good way for them to have Xbone compatibility without people being able to buy a piece Fanatec makes simply to use it as a universal adapter for some other game peripheral they want to use on the Xbone without Microsoft getting their shakedown fee.
  • Hi,

Did anyone receive a code that they do not plan on using? Ordering with a code will be the only way I can convince the girl that my money was well spent. 

If anyone can help me out, I'm a graphic designer with 10+ years experience and would be more than happy to return the favor!

• Awesome news! 
    I can't wait to see what Fanatec has planned for the XB1. I am also surprised that Microsoft was onboard with having compatibility through an exchangeable wheel. I guess this means they are open expensive to peripherals like steering wheels having some future proofing. I know that's just speculation on my end because this agreement in no ways guarantees that their next system will be compatible with the CSW V2, but it is at least an olive branch. Hopefully they embrace a non proprietary connection method on their next system. Something like USB Type C or something.
    They could announce tomorrow that they will be integrating USB Type C receptacles, as soon as they are available, into all future XBox Ones, as well as retrofitting all existing XBox Ones free of charge, and it would have no impact on peripheral compatibility. The physical connection has nothing to do with the current situation. If that were the only hurdle to connecting a peripheral, we'd be able to simply plug in any wheel with a USB - a non-proprietary connection that already currently exists on the XBox One.

The issue is the non-standard protocol that Microsoft uses (XID, as opposed to the ubiquitous HID) and the security chip required for authentication. To obtain that security chip, which needs to be integrated into the peripheral in order for it to work with the console, requires licensing fees - nothing that a non-proprietary connection will circumvent.
  • Does your license agreement with Microsoft stop you from freely selling new PS4-compatible products?

1) Yes
    2) No
    3) I don't give a damn to a whinny pushover.

How simple is it to answer this question? 

• Just so I'm reading the comments right, fanatec will not be realising an adptor that will allow my csr, csr shifter and elite pedals to work with the xbox one?
  • I haven't received my invite or a code yet as well. Can someone help with that. This is the best news I have heard in a while. I was just about to sell my CSR Elite.
  • Is there a timeline on when the Xbox One wheels will be available?  I ordered the V2 but will wheels be ready in December to ship with the base?

• Ryan HammRyan Hamm Member
    edited October 2014
    Just so I'm reading the comments right, fanatec will not be realising an adptor that will allow my csr, csr shifter and elite pedals to work with the xbox one?
    Microsoft won't allow Fanatec to just make an adapter.  You'll need to buy a new Xbone compatible wheel.  Your CSR shifter and elite pedals will work with the new wheel.
  • Codes can be extended.
    Sorry but I sent a mail to fanatec and they answered I could not use my code after one week and I was forced to make an order or someone at Fanatec is not up to dateimage
  • Just so I'm reading the comments right, fanatec will not be realising an adptor that will allow my csr, csr shifter and elite pedals to work with the xbox one?
    Microsoft won't allow Fanatec to just make an adapter.  You'll need to buy a new Xbone compatible wheel.  Your CSR shifter and elite pedals will work with the new wheel.
    Just so I'm reading the comments right, fanatec will not be realising an adptor that will allow my csr, csr shifter and elite pedals to work with the xbox one?

Thanks for clearing that up mate
  • Kenneth PaulKenneth Paul Member
    edited October 2014
    I know this is off topic but... I have the Club Sport 360, PS3, PC USA package. It came with the wireless USB dongle for PS3 and PC and the plastic gated shifter along with the sequential shifter. At the very least I would like the Club Sport hand
    brake but suspect I have the original (V1) CS pedals as I had to replace the
    boards in the CS pedals to get the brake and gas to work correctly. Some pedal cross talk issue.

Can I order the CS hand brake and have properly work on
    my current CS pedal and wheel package? I have not done any more updates to my system because some updates broke my wheel and I had to struggle to roll back to a working version.

Anyway I got my invite for the pre-order of the new wheel base but need more info on compatibility with 360, XB1, PS3, PS4 and windows based PC. If I can get better info on that as well as compatibility with my current CS pedals... I can then make a decision about the new CS V2 wheel base purchase.
  • also CSW V1 will be compatible with the new console?
  • edited October 2014

Hopefully PS4 compatibility is also just around the corner. Theoretically, shouldn't it be easier to make this work with the PS4 than XB1? After all, if current PS4 wheels also work on PC and the CSW V2 also works on PC (and PS3), then I hope it is just a matter of time before this announcement is made.

I like Fanatec as a company, and their products are far better than the competition, but they do have this habit of leaving you with more questions than answers :)

• Awesome news! 
    They could announce tomorrow that they will be integrating USB Type C receptacles, as soon as they are available, into all future XBox Ones, as well as retrofitting all existing XBox Ones free of charge, and it would have no impact on peripheral compatibility. The physical connection has nothing to do with the current situation. If that were the only hurdle to connecting a peripheral, we'd be able to simply plug in any wheel with a USB - a non-proprietary connection that already currently exists on the XBox One.

The issue is the non-standard protocol that Microsoft uses (XID, as opposed to the ubiquitous HID) and the security chip required for authentication. To obtain that security chip, which needs to be integrated into the peripheral in order for it to work with the console, requires licensing fees - nothing that a non-proprietary connection will circumvent.
    In my excitement, I glossed over that giant detail. You're absolutely correct. Thanks.
  • Ok I am so confused it is beyond me.  I have a CSR Elite with Elite Pedals/Shifter, will my steering wheel work with the V2 Base?  Or is my CSR Elite Base/Wheel now useless and will not work with anything Xbox One related? What can I use from my CSR Elite Steering Wheel that will make it work for XboX One?

How much have you guys been selling your CSR Elite stuff for used?  I can't I believe I have spent a stupid amount of money just a few years ago to have to spend a stupid amount of money again to enjoy my Xbox one but that is just IMO.

So for the clarification, what do I have to purchase and what is it going to cost me?

TIA

• Wiliam OtisWiliam Otis Member
    edited October 2014

Ok I am so confused it is beyond me.  I have a CSR Elite with Elite Pedals/Shifter, will my steering wheel work with the V2 Base?  Or is my CSR Elite Base/Wheel now useless and will not work with anything Xbox One related? What can I use from my CSR Elite Steering Wheel that will make it work for XboX One?

How much have you guys been selling your CSR Elite stuff for used?  I can't I believe I have spent a stupid amount of money just a few years ago to have to spend a stupid amount of money again to enjoy my Xbox one but that is just IMO.

So for the clarification, what do I have to purchase and what is it going to cost me?

TIA

I don't think the CSR-Elite is going to be compatible with the Xbone, but the pedals and shifter you already own are compatible with the CSW V2. The original announcement sounded like some sort of pass through using the CSW V2, but now it reads that you need an upcoming Xbone compatible wheel rim with a CSW V2. At least that's what I assume is correct based on the revision that was posted.

I don't know anything about CSR-E Ebay/resale prices. Im not looking for one. I'd sooner buy a used CSW V1 if the price was good.

As for what you'd have to buy, I assume a CSW V2 base and an Xbone compatible wheel rim. I'm not about to speculate on the price.
  • OMFG... Sell your consoles already!!! They (M$ especially) are taking you irrationally loyal fans' alliegences for granted. Buy some hardware that doesn't use proprietary connection methods and litigation to keep you from using decent sim kit to race (if racing online is important enough to you to blow $1k on a wheel base and racing wheel).
    Here is the compatibility info as far as I understand it as of today...
    Ex-bone=none
    PS4=none... Though alleged use of a USB connection standard in this under-clocked set of two $40 amd chipsets with a 250 watt psu and an r7 260 zip tied to it SHOULD mean that wheels and pedal sets SHOULD work (though they won't be officially supported, cannot be liscensed, and may or may not be broken by the next firmware update sony pushes to their customers.)
    So.. There are no guarantees that your $1,500 worth of sim kit will continue to work properly in games that are compatible with wheel and pedal controllers. That is, wheel/pedal/shifter sets that must effectively be one device traveling on one USB cable to the ps4. So your pedals, shifter, handbrake, HUD, button box (oh wait, you can't use those last two... My bad) must be be connected to the PS4 via your wheel effectively making them one device (with waaaaay less resolution than if they ran independenly, on their own pcb and USB cable) like it was with fanatic wheels and the ps3.
    People have declared that wheel and pedal sets that are not officially made and liscensed for the ps4 do not work at all, but I'm not too sure how they can be so sure considering drive club is the only sorta-ok game that would even have this functionality in the first place and it was only released a few days ago. In any case, the ps4 will take less modding of your wheel if you want it to function if (and only if) Sony were to block 3rd party, unliscenced controller pcbs from being used with the ps4 (they didn't with the ps3, and could have... I don't know why they would start blocking them now considering the PR and technical issues this would create for people, with or without officially liscensed controllers.
    So my question to you is... Why on earth would you buy in to such an ecosystem when you can go on craigslist and find 250-300 bucks (I know because is just built my cousin a PC doing just this) worth of computer equipment and you will have better hardware without any compatibility worries now or in the future? Is Forza 5 THAT good? It looked and played a whole lot like FM4 with a bit of up scaling to me.
    Bottom line.... If fanatic does release an officially liscensed controller for either of the glorified htpc's errr "consoles", they will be tied to that hardware (and PC) by definition. According to both sony and MS's liscensing agreements with 3rd party hardware manufacturers, they cannot be liscensed or officially supported for anything else... Period. End of story.
    Do yourself a favor, sell your consoles while they are still worth something on the used market, and forget all of the artificial compatibility restraints (and inferior functionality) that consoles present.
  • Okay, I'll bite Alfred.

I like realistic racing games. I like them no matter what device they run on. (Why does that matter, anyway?) I also like to support the genre as a whole, once again, because I enjoy these games. They are few and far between. So I will play them on Xbox, Playstation, and PC. (And even on Nintendo, if there ever was a realistic game.) It makes sense to me to purchase a wheel setup that will work on everything, i.e. CSW V2.

That's just how a free market works. Not all good games are going to be on a single system. Does that make me not like a game, just because it is on something I don't own? Of course not.

If your assumption that consoles are holding back developers is preventing you from enjoying games, then that is your decision. I recommend you lower your stupid "elitist" standards. They are what are holding you back. If good games can be made on a phone, they can be made on anything. Hardware specs mean so little. Just play games that are fun, support who you want with your wallet, and stop whining. Nobody wants to hear it.

• XBOX One compability, great. Need more Infos regarding release dates for the appropriate wheels and hopefully wireless connection to XBOX console.

Regarding SQ-Shifter I am really pissed, thought you guys would design it the first time right, I bought it the first day announced and never used it (its still in the box), because I was waiting for the new wheel function for Xbox One. One year warranty extension is fine, but it still leaves me with the feeling, well it could be one of the shifters which cause trouble and don't really work properly.

Thomas, if you are really sure about the manufactured quality of the products, you should give at least a five year warranty.

Original information: 
    Designed to Last

All components are high-quality and were chosen to ensure maximum lifetime and durability.

Best regards,

Alexander

PS. stop using wording like lifetime durability. If so, give lifetime warranty!

• also CSW V1 will be compatible with the new console?
    No it will not be compatible with the new consoles.