Podium DD1 Auction dates UPDDATE 1 *IMPORTANT*

Comments

• That's just insane. Is it made of gold?
  • Currrent bid #24 at $3000. That is not functional.
    If won the highest bidder only pays MSRP, correct?
    No they just cancel and pre-order.
  • Highest you'll pay is $1000... Auction needs a cut-off at that price
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Currrent bid #24 at $3000. That is not functional.
    If won the highest bidder only pays MSRP, correct?
    Well then waiting for the auction would have been pointless when you could have just pre-ordered. :) 

Working as intended?

• I think the auction may have issues as not one unit shows as being sold for the advertised as $970 or less.
  • i guess they're all going for retail value
  • So you know the problem is you need fewer than 100 people that want to participate otherwise it's always going to be retail price.
  • at this rate, this auction will never end
  • It’s a waiting game. Eventually people will lose interest and/or need to sleep. That’s when I’ll scoop one up for $961! Can’t wait! :-p
  • dear fanatec,

please focus on building a great wheel, you guys suck at software engineering.
  • We will stop the auction sessions after 30 units (for US)

I guess not
  • looks like they are capping them now just under retail. lame
  • Every time an auction finishes at >$1k, the “winner” is no longer allowed to bid anymore. We are now on item #34, so 34 people are unable to bid because they “won” an auction already... Patience...
  • edited November 2018
    I was finally able to get the page to load for a few seconds before I received socket timeouts. I looked at the 4191 history and it was the same user bidding against himself about 10 times in a row. An auction system should not let you bid again if you are the current winning bid.
  • The cap is for units that sell for less than $970. None have stayed under $1k yet, so no units have sold yet.
  • looks like they are capping them now just under retail. lame
    It's ok. I'll just stick with my CSL elite PS4. It is serving me well
  • That person bidding repeatedly is just going to win at over $1k and then won’t be able to bid anymore on the next and all future auctions.
  • Selling a unit in less then a minute. Why stop selling if your Fanatec.
  • Joe Cole said:
    Every time an auction finishes at >$1k, the “winner” is no longer allowed to bid anymore. We are now on item #34, so 34 people are unable to bid because they “won” an auction already... Patience...
    I think I just fell into that boat. 
    I know Fanatec doesn't owe me anything, but I've been excited about an opportunity to get a deal. There are no deals to be had, this auction is a terrible disappointment for anyone that was excited about it. The christmas auctions where the price was preset would've been better, just random bidding until somebody got a deal.  That I could understand, this is just poorly thought out.
    Great so now that we who won a bid over the retail price and invalid are out in the cold as they work on fixing it in the process. Not impressed at all. 
  • Oh wow, I guess I got the one for $4191, go me!!!!

Now I can't bid at all.
  • We will stop the auction sessions after 30 units (for US)

I guess not
    As long as the price hits $970 they said there is no limit to amount of auctions, I think I understood.
  • guess they went for reatail price
  • 50 units all MSRP but 2?
  • looks like they put the server out of it's misery without fulfilling their 30 units under $970 commitment.

• what a waste of time that was
  • Poorly executed promotion, disappointment as after bid closed a new one never started. Had to re-enter auction and by that time it had sold several units and current one was well beyond the $970 cut off.
  • Still going, hopefully it slows down so I can grab one a steal and I will be happy.. hopefully it doesnt take all night with these bidders who like to press the button 100 times.
    Cory said:
    Still going, hopefully it slows down so I can grab one a steal and I will be happy.. hopefully it doesnt take all night with these bidders who like to press the button 100 times.
    It's a catch 22. If you can only bid once per auction no one will bid and this is why we have people bidding 100 times. Should have been pre-selected prices that if you land on it you win. End of story.