Black Friday 2018

Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
Here are our special offers this year. After a lot of people complained about the lack of PS4 deals we made sure that this
 year we have offers for everybody.
And there will be a new product announced this year!

The offers will be available from Friday morning (German Time) until Monday.  Exact times will not be announced on purpose.

We have moved to a new sever but could not get the new website online so website problems on Friday can occur.  Please be patient. Thank you.

Let us know your favourite!

imageimageimageimageimage
Black Friday 2018
  1. What is your favourite BF 2018 offer?214 votes
    1. Offer 1
        6.54%
    2. Offer 2
        6.54%
    3. Offer 3
        3.27%
    4. Offer 4
      10.75%
    5. Offer 5
      42.52%
    6. None of the offers appeal to me but I will still buy something without a discount this week
      30.37%

Comments

• There should be one more option to vote for "None of the offers appeal to me and I will not buy something this week" :D

I was hoping for Universal Hub or Porsche rim :/
  • Interested in buying my first ever sim racing gear, and was a bit disappointed. As I am looking for entry-level now at first, I would love the deal I saw you had last year with CSL Elite bundle for 299€. As I will play mainly on Xbox, the only offer here for me is the huge package for 999€, which is too much for me to spend on my first sim racing gear. 

I do have a question.. Is the Formula 1 Esports wheel only compatible with PS4? Or does it have Xbox One compatibility? 
  • Ah... very nice offers! but I was hoping for CSW V2.5. shame
  • i guess i will order somewhere else then for a good deal.
  • edited November 2018
    Glad for PS4 fans who wanted CSL Elite last year - you've got a chance now! <:-P
    Is №3 upgradeable up to №5 after purchase? According to descriptions It looks like PRW will have №5 .
    Honestly, I hoped for №3 - It could make PRW price more moderate [-O<
    P.S. Blue LED looks more attractive ;;)
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    Interested in buying my first ever sim racing gear, and was a bit disappointed. As I am looking for entry-level now at first, I would love the deal I saw you had last year with CSL Elite bundle for 299€. As I will play mainly on Xbox, the only offer here for me is the huge package for 999€, which is too much for me to spend on my first sim racing gear. 

I do have a question.. Is the Formula 1 Esports wheel only compatible with PS4? Or does it have Xbox One compatibility? 
    It is only compatible for PS4 and PC but we already have attractive bundles for Xbox on our website
  • PJ GaudiePJ Gaudie Member
    edited November 2018
    It's great that you have any discounts, I get that you don't owe us anything, and you make great products regardless.  However, from what I've seen on various forums so far, everyone feels these deals are massively underwhelming compared to what we've seen from you in the past.  Personally, I was ready to pull the trigger on any 3 of 9 of your products, and none are discounted.  I'm a patient customer :)

A few questions if you don't mind:
    1. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems the only offers which are actually discounts are offer 1 & 4, while the others (2, 3, & 5) are just new products without a discount?
    2. You say " Exact times will not be announced on purpose", yet all the images list the start times as 8am CET on the 23rd.  Which is it?
    3. Besides the shape and colors, are there any functional differences between this new Formula 1 eSports rim (offer 2 & 3), and the two existing Formula rims (Black & Carbon)?
    4. Do product reviewers currently have the eSports rim (offer 2 & 3) and the Formula 1 Licensed Rim (offer 5) with an NDA, and reviews ready to be released in conjunction with the start of these discounts/announcements?  I think most buyers are going to be reluctant to buy until there's a comprehensive review.

Thank you for your time.
  • Extremely disappointed, I was hoping for a deal on one of the clubsport rims to pair with the pre ordered DD1. 

• Was wondering 2 things 1 does the csl xbox wheel work with the ps4? 2 does the 25% off ps4 base mean 25% off the base of 25% off the purchases after the base?
  • These offers are a huge step down from what was offered last year, both in terms of discounts and range (why is everything ‘entry level’, PS4, F1 focused?). Fanatec, as a business, can’t afford to give away items at a loss and I have no doubts regarding the quality/value of the products you offer. For people who have been following you for years though, this rings hollow, especially coming right after the disastrous DD1 auctions. If your goal is to build and maintain an eager, loyal fanbase, you need to do better than this.
  • Offer no. 5, what is being offered there and for how much?
  • Offer 5, but with the caveat that it depends heavily on configuration, quality and price.

Something like a GT3 with real carbon and a pair of continuous rotaries (so you can use them as +1/-1 for ABS and TC, unlike the GT3 ones) and a price not above 479€. 
  • Wow.... highly disappointed. I was expecting something similar to last year for the CSL package for Xbox. This is a present for my son and was ready to buy. Hate to say it but looks like Thrustmaster will be getting my business. Maybe next year you all can make options for packages but they get to choose Xbox or PS4. Singleing out a particular platform with deals greatly reduces buyers. Here’s to next year.
  • Im totally new to this simulation gaming and really need direction from this wonderful community. I was hoping for a complete set to buy in these offers but have been let down. Id like to ask, do you guys think id be better to buy offer 2 and in the future buy a circular rim for rally games etc along with a 3rd pedal n shifter..... or..... do you think I should buy the csl elite advanced package on this website? I know nothing about which is best or if this formula steering wheel is worth it at all so some direction would be greatly appreciated. 700 pounds is a lot of money to waste

Thankyou all
  • Ben Truby said:
    Im totally new to this simulation gaming and really need direction from this wonderful community. I was hoping for a complete set to buy in these offers but have been let down. Id like to ask, do you guys think id be better to buy offer 2 and in the future buy a circular rim for rally games etc along with a 3rd pedal n shifter..... or..... do you think I should buy the csl elite advanced package on this website? I know nothing about which is best or if this formula steering wheel is worth it at all so some direction would be greatly appreciated. 700 pounds is a lot of money to waste

Thankyou all
    Of the two, the CSL Elite Advanced bundle sounds like the better option since you want a clutch and a standard wheel is more versital than a F1 wheel. Another option would be to go with offer 1 and add the wheel and pedals you want. Going with the normal P1 wheel would make this cheaper than the bundle while getting the Elite P1 would only raise the price by $40.
  • Chad JockChad Jock Member
    edited November 2018
    Option 7

Didn't see what I wanted in the BF sale (not going to cry like a ***** because Fanatec doesn't owe me anything) but still plan on ordering. 

Unfortunately, when I try to checkout, I get - Error: No Order Found!

Edit - Was finally able to get it to go through.
  • A little disappointed as leading up to this people have said how good offers have been in the past and was hoping to get a little bit more.I’ve only been sim racing a year, have a T300rs with the bog standard pedals. Upgrading from a playseat challenge to a rig and was hoping to upgrade wheels and pedals to fanatec. Was looking to to get: CSL Elite Wheel Base + officially licensed for PS4 Club Sport Pedals V3 inverted Club Sport Steering Wheel BMW GT2 Club Sport Shifter SQ V 1.5 Club Sport Pedals V3 Brake Damper I’ve only been following fanatec since these auctions began and I’ve got to say I’ve not been impressed with what I’ve seen in terms of responses to the public, it is clear people are miffed. The same thing seems to be happening on social media, fanatec responses to people’s dissapointmen towards these Black Friday deals, itt leaves a little to be desired. In two minds whether i’m going to invest in fanatec or just get some t3pa pro pedals and stick with the same wheel. I keep seeing people mention that the website won’t be functioning when Black Friday kicks off because of their previous experiences. Are they right in what they are saying? Can I expect a sh*t show come Friday when i want place my order?
  • If I want to buy CSL Elite Racing Wheel - officially licensed for PS4 ™ EU I can apply a discount n°1? 499€ to 399€?
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    It seems that some potential new customers who were speculating on a 300,- bundle are dissapointed now.

The offer we made last year was an exception as we had some overstock. It is unlikely that this will happen again anytime soon.

Fanatec is not a beginners brand but a lot of people who are now happy customers came from other brands as they wanted to upgrade to more realism and functionality. I can only offer you that you bite the bullit and spend more then planned.  You will probably like what you get. If you really don't like it, you can return it within 14 days and in mint condition and you will get back your money.

Regarding the new F1 Esports steering Wheel I can tell you that it is basically identical to the ClubSport Formula black but with a different colour scheme and removable button caps and the cutout.
  • For the last few months I have been wanting to upgrade from g25 and was hoping to see CSL starter kit on sale like last year. Would have bought the wheel in a blink of an eye, but this year it seems we only have the choice between either too expensive gear or parts of it. Have to consider Thrustmaster now. 
  • If I want to buy CSL Elite Racing Wheel - officially licensed for PS4 ™ EU I can apply a discount n°1? 499€ to 399€?
    no
  • I want a Podium DD1 for 699 on Black Friday ( Private offer for me on my Email) HEHE *JOKING*

It is nice to see that Fanatec have enough offers on Black Friday.
    Every Black Friday is a new Black Friday with new offers. Thats It.

• edited November 2018
    Regarding the new F1 licensed wheel (5th offer) - will it be compatible with csw v2.5 ? Does "strictly limited edition" mean you are not going to sell this product beyond its initial batch ? 
  • What is the diameter for the F1 Esports rim? I assume both the base and upgraded rims are the same diameter.
  • Regarding the new F1 licensed wheel (5th offer) - will it be compatible with csw v2.5 ? Does "strictly limited edition" mean you are not going to sell this product beyond its initial batch ? 
    every rim is compatible with every base, so yes of course.
  • Joel BarsottiJoel Barsotti Member
    edited November 2018
    I may be interested in the epsorts F1 rim or the podium rim F1.

It appears the esports rim is a gussied up version of the formula rim, which I kind of like. But I love the dual clutch from the McLaren rim, so I'm much more likely to grab that as my formula style rim.

While I'd love to be more excited about the podium F1, I expect it'll be north of $400. I expect this will still be a great deal for people that look into the custom knock offs that go for well over $1000. Just not what I can fit in my budget.

Looks like nothing is near future for a standard wheel, so the BMW Gt2 it is.

Gotta have a couple rims for the podium.
  • edited November 2018
    I may be interested in the epsorts F1 rim or the podium rim F1.

It appears the esports rim is a gussied up version of the formula rim, which I kind of like. But I love the dual clutch from the McLaren rim, so I'm much more likely to grab that as my formula style rim.

While I'd love to be more excited about the podium F1, I expect it'll be north of $400. I expect this will still be a great deal for people that look into the custom knock offs that go for well over $1000. Just not what I can fit in my budget.

Looks like nothing is near future for a standard wheel, so the BMW Gt2 it is.

Gotta have a couple rims for the podium.
    Which Podium F1 Rim? Offer #5 is also a ClubSport rim as you can see in the picture... It seems to just have Podium Upgrade Options but it doesnt seem to be a Podium line F1 Rim without these Upgrade Options as they still call it a ClubSport rim ..^^ So chances are there that this new rim will also fit your budget... :)

• Ben Truby said:
    Im totally new to this simulation gaming and really need direction from this wonderful community. I was hoping for a complete set to buy in these offers but have been let down. Id like to ask, do you guys think id be better to buy offer 2 and in the future buy a circular rim for rally games etc along with a 3rd pedal n shifter..... or..... do you think I should buy the csl elite advanced package on this website? I know nothing about which is best or if this formula steering wheel is worth it at all so some direction would be greatly appreciated. 700 pounds is a lot of money to waste

Thankyou all
    Of the two, the CSL Elite Advanced bundle sounds like the better option since you want a clutch and a standard wheel is more versital than a F1 wheel. Another option would be to go with offer 1 and add the wheel and pedals you want. Going with the normal P1 wheel would make this cheaper than the bundle while getting the Elite P1 would only raise the price by $40.

Thankyou Nicholas for the reply and advice, when my funds arrive on Thursday ill bite the bullet as advised by Fanatec (Thomas)above and get the CSL Elite Advanced set. Pretty excited to say the least. I like the idea that you can buy more rims in the future along with other parts. One very excited customer

Ben

• So what are the exact conditions for Offer 1, are you getting 25% just on the wheelbase or 25% on the whole order if it includes the wheelbase?
  • So what are the exact conditions for Offer 1, are you getting 25% just on the wheelbase or 25% on the whole order if it includes the wheelbase?
    only on the wheelbase!