Black Friday 2018

Comments

• Thomas this new formula rim is SPECTACULAR.. I have preordered it this morning at 8:23 am hahahah haha Now I want the shifters . Thank you.
  • I was hoping to upgrade my current Fanatec setup to a DD podium and compatible F1 type wheel for Xbox/PC compatibility. Is it true you have 2 new F1 wheels and 2 old F1 wheels and none of these 4 options work for Xbox compatability? Was also really hoping the Porsche wheel would have a simple 2.0 upgrade and put whatever circuitry in your P1 wheels to work on Xbox finally.
  • edited November 2018
    Hi Thomas, i love this wheel , but I will buy PS4 dd1 , , as I know PS4 version will bundle F1 style steering wheel , is it the bundle one will be the same class or above that wheel? Thx
    That's exactly the thing all PS4 users would like to know. I guess in terms of quality (i.e. used materials like carbon) the rim in the PS4 DD1 bundle will be below this one here. But maybe Thomas will come up with a surprise again...
    i was keep checking the limited F1 wheel remain amount nearly out of stock , so i just bought it , really love gold and black color combo , when ps4 dd come , let see i can sell the ps4 rim indivually or not...   i guess the ps4 bundle wheel no golen carbon weave, or just using aluminium , and may be using blue and black color combo as ps4 version....
  • I was hoping to upgrade my current Fanatec setup to a DD podium and compatible F1 type wheel for Xbox/PC compatibility. Is it true you have 2 new F1 wheels and 2 old F1 wheels and none of these 4 options work for Xbox compatability? Was also really hoping the Porsche wheel would have a simple 2.0 upgrade and put whatever circuitry in your P1 wheels to work on Xbox finally.
    I totally agree, I'm not switching to DD Podium yet but it is a bit disappointing that the limited edition F1 wheel is only for PC and PS4! Why not a F1 rim that has the same compatability like the McLaren rim? That would have been much more interesting. Or is there still a F1 rim for Xbox to come like in the video on YouTube about Fanatec's Eco System (at 0.53). Maybee Thomas can tell us more about this?
  • edited November 2018
    Arie Kop said:
    I was hoping to upgrade my current Fanatec setup to a DD podium and compatible F1 type wheel for Xbox/PC compatibility. Is it true you have 2 new F1 wheels and 2 old F1 wheels and none of these 4 options work for Xbox compatability? Was also really hoping the Porsche wheel would have a simple 2.0 upgrade and put whatever circuitry in your P1 wheels to work on Xbox finally.
    I totally agree, I'm not switching to DD Podium yet but it is a bit disappointing that the limited edition F1 wheel is only for PC and PS4! Why not a F1 rim that has the same compatability like the McLaren rim? That would have been much more interesting. Or is there still a F1 rim for Xbox to come like in the video on YouTube about Fanatec's Eco System (at 0.53). Maybee Thomas can tell us more about this?

If there is an Xbox compatible F1 style rim, similar to the limited edition one today in the works, I would be all over it. Would mean yet more overtime at work! Should probably just concentrate on the delivery I’ve got coming soon first :smiley: Hope I don’t regret not getting the V3 pedals.
  • Fanatec, you guys are killing me.  I've already pre-ordered a DD2 + Porsche 918 rim.  Now I have added the 2018 F1 rim.  My wallet is getting light.  Hopefully something gets delivered before Xmas because I have time off and want to try out the new gear.  Building a new PC at the same time.  Please keep the info flowing regarding shipping of product.  Thanks for all you have done to provide upper level products at a reasonable price.  Where would SIM racing be without you?  
  • edited November 2018

• edited November 2018

• Fanatec, 
    Why wasn't the Podium Advanced Paddle Module available in Australia...?
    And will it be available in the future to add to my order...?

thank you

• edited November 2018
    Hi Thomas, i love this wheel , but I will buy PS4 dd1 , , as I know PS4 version will bundle F1 style steering wheel , is it the bundle one will be the same class or above that wheel? Thx
    That's exactly the thing all PS4 users would like to know. I guess in terms of quality (i.e. used materials like carbon) the rim in the PS4 DD1 bundle will be below this one here. But maybe Thomas will come up with a surprise again...

I suspect that the wheel that will come with the PS4 DD1 bundle will likely be the F1 Esports steering wheel (BF offer #3) which I assume/hope is upgradeable to the Podium Advanced Paddle Module which adds a dual clutch paddle system and magnetic shifters. 

You're right, I can't see them offering the bundle with the limited edition F1 wheel (BF offer #5) because:
    1. it's better material (carbon fibre)
    2. has more switches (12 way multi-position switches, thumb encoders & rockers) 
    3. and well it's supposed to be "limited edition" lol

That said, the version of the F1 Esports wheel that comes with the bundle could come in the same colorway (gold-coloured accents) as the limited edition.
  • Hristo GoshevHristo Goshev Member
    edited November 2018

I suspect that the wheel that will come with the PS4 DD1 bundle will likely be the F1 Esports steering wheel (BF offer #3) 
    You can clearly see from this picture that this steering wheel has rotary thumb encoders unlike the F1 Esports steering wheel (BF offer #3) 

• I suspect that the wheel that will come with the PS4 DD1 bundle will likely be the F1 Esports steering wheel (BF offer #3) 
    You can clearly see from this picture that this steering wheel has rotary thumb encoders unlike the F1 Esports steering wheel (BF offer #3) 

Oh good catch. Well then maybe the difference is that it won't be carbon fibre.
  • Blaise CarronBlaise Carron Member
    edited November 2018
    Why not make the new F1 rim a Black Friday limited edition available during the whole Black Friday instead of limit its number?? This keeps all of us who had to work today from having a chance to buy it...
  • edited November 2018

I suspect that the wheel that will come with the PS4 DD1 bundle will likely be the F1 Esports steering wheel (BF offer #3) 

Oh good catch. Well then maybe the difference is that it won't be carbon fibre.
    I guess PS4 bundle version will similar Xbox version but open bottom 
  • Why not make the new F1 rim a Black Friday limited edition available during the whole Black Friday instead of limit its number?? This keeps all of us who had to work today from having a chance to buy it...
    Good point. 
    More satisfied customers and more money for Thom .... i mean Fanatec company ;)
  • Should I cancel my dd1 order since seems like xbox users get nothing, maybe I should switch back to ps4. Fanatec any Word on F1 rims for Xbox since PS4 has 4 to choose from now?
  • I understand that the "limited" nature of the ClubSport F1 wheel (offer 5) is just the color. However, does anyone know if the price will be any different when the "non-limited" color is finally offered?

This is going to sound really dumb, but at this price point I almost need to feel like I'm getting a deal before I pull the trigger....Like, if this wheel is going to go for $400 or more in the future, I'll get it now. But if it's going to be the same price, I'll probably hold off on buying it, or forego it entirely and stick with what I have.

I know what y'all will say, you either want it or not and are either going to buy it or not. But for some reason, it actually is mattering to me, and knowing I'm getting it at a discount actually makes the difference in whether I buy it or not.

So......anyone have any info?
  • I’m wondering if the rotary switches will be compatible on PS4 with the F1 2018 game. The McLaren GT3 wheel switches are not supported in F1 2018 on PS4, which was disappointing as they are perfect for engine and ecu mapping. This will make the new F1 clubsport and/or podium wheels useless for console players. I hope I’m mistaken and support will become available.
  • edited November 2018

I don't like the size IMO it's too Small and too much like my regular F1 black rim...It looks Good but IMO it should have been the same size as the McClaren rim...But still it Almost Had Me!!!..Once I saw it did Not come with the Magnetic podium shifter Paddles any chance of Me ordering it went out the window.
  • edited November 2018
    Whatever, cancelled the complete order.
    so i´ve saved over 1.600€
    Well I might be 350 euros approx poorer but its in exchange for something I want and can use.  In VR having those buttons, switches and rotaries so readily accessible is golden to me even if the size is still a tad small overall.

If you cancelled purely because there were other batches available in another region does not really say you wanted it much in the first place in which case probably best you cancelled anyway ?
    I'm in the same boat, Using Rift + Fanatec is completely immersive, just needed a little more feedback to feel all the bumps, and tyres sliding than I currently do, so I ordered the DD1 + F1 Rim. I currently have the Forza CSR rim, and it's a pain to change things like brake balance, and Force feedback on the fly due limited buttons / no scroll wheel.  Diff lock changes were out of the questions until now :)

Now that the limited edition is sold out...... Is there any chance of Fanatec getting someone to do a PC review of the wheel and DD1?

Project cars 2?
  • Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
    edited November 2018
    Fanatec, 
    Why wasn't the Podium Advanced Paddle Module available in Australia...?
    And will it be available in the future to add to my order...?

thank you

The P APM is not currently available for pre-order in any region. Please sign up to email notifications so that we can inform you when it becomes available.
  • edited November 2018
    I must say, I am really disappointed on some people reactions here. You might be unhappy with what Fanatec offers for Black Friday, but please keep in mind - they do not have to do that. They want to be nice to the community and try to set up nice bundles and offers. And some of you guys are not appreciating it. Quite sad to read.

I was very happy with 2017 and also with 2018 - the F1 wheel is ordered and I can't wait to use it :-)

Thanks Thomas and team!
  • Josh OskamJosh Oskam Member
    edited November 2018
    Spot on comments Martin, but unfortunately, people love to complain about everything and anything that doesn't give them EXACTLY what they want, when they want it... which is mostly all of the time.  L-)

Anyway, I've ordered both the F1 wheel and a DD1. Can't wait for the day when they're both on my sim rig and I can push the 'GO! GO! GO!' button.   :)
  • edited November 2018
    Spot on comments Martin, but unfortunately, people love to complain about everything and anything that doesn't give them EXACTLY what they want, when they want it... which is mostly all of the time.  L-)

Anyway, I've ordered both the F1 wheel and a DD1. Can't wait for the day when they're both on my sim rig and I can push the 'GO! GO! GO!' button.   :)
    Exactly,

people love to see the world burn...

people don't go to the race event for the drivers but because want to see things like destruction derby, explosions, incidents... extreme crash...

every people in the planet don't read a good news but only the bad news and is always ready to point their fingers against others.

this is the world...
  • edited November 2018
    I must say, I am really disappointed on some people reactions here.

I was very happy with 2017 and also with 2018 - the F1 wheel is ordered and I can't wait to use it :-)

Thanks Thomas and team!
    I am less happy. ;-)  just spend another bundle of cash again and still do not have an excuse for it towards the Misses ;-)  F1 wheel is ordered and confirmed. Would love to see the podium shifters available before end of January 2019... So.. and now off to see if I can beat Hamiltons time on Yas Marina.

• edited November 2018
    Why not make the new F1 rim a Black Friday limited edition available during the whole Black Friday instead of limit its number?? This keeps all of us who had to work today from having a chance to buy it...
    Good point. 
    The purpose of "limited edition" is a limited units available hahahahaha....
    i think that the limited edition is the colour... but it's impossibile that this rim is not in the catalog soon with another colour ( Clubsport Red ? ).
  • Blaise CarronBlaise Carron Member
    edited November 2018
    Good point. 
    The purpose of "limited edition" is a limited units available hahahahaha....
    i think that the limited edition is the colour... but it's impossibile that this rim is not in the catalog soon with another colour ( Clubsport Red ? ).
    No, a limited edition could be limited in time instead. For example, limited during the Black Friday weekend...

What about the price? Will it be the same?
  • Joel BarsottiJoel Barsotti Member
    edited November 2018
    No, a limited edition could be limited in time instead. For example, limited during the Black Friday weekend...

What about the price? Will it be the same?
    I think that would be limited quantities. 

A limited edition usually implies that some design element is only available for this short run.
  • Whatever, cancelled the complete order.
    so i´ve saved over 1.600€
    Well I might be 350 euros approx poorer but its in exchange for something I want and can use.  In VR having those buttons, switches and rotaries so readily accessible is golden to me even if the size is still a tad small overall.

If you cancelled purely because there were other batches available in another region does not really say you wanted it much in the first place in which case probably best you cancelled anyway ?
    I'm in the same boat, Using Rift + Fanatec is completely immersive, just needed a little more feedback to feel all the bumps, and tyres sliding than I currently do, so I ordered the DD1 + F1 Rim. I currently have the Forza CSR rim, and it's a pain to change things like brake balance, and Force feedback on the fly due limited buttons / no scroll wheel.  Diff lock changes were out of the questions until now :)

Now that the limited edition is sold out...... Is there any chance of Fanatec getting someone to do a PC review of the wheel and DD1?

Project cars 2?
    I use Rift+Fanatec+SimVibe. That really set off the imersion for me. I know of one person who already has the limited wheel that was for pre-order but he is a sponsored esports driver so that explains that.
  • I am excited about the prospects for the Podium Series wheels.  I am not looking for a replacement for my Formula rim, but I love the look and feature-laden nature of the SE F1 wheel. I will gladly spend the $350 for an upgrade to the McLaren rim.  I like the form of the current one, but there are intermittent button issues and the see-saw shifter - and a little too much flex.  I am hoping for a GT3 AMG/Audi/orCorvette wheel. Let's hope I/we don't have to wait until next Black Friday to see one (or two).