Black Friday 2018

Comments

• Does the Limited Edition F1 wheel come with button caps and/or sticky labels? Just watched GamerMuscle's unboxing video of it and I didn't see any, but I'm assuming things might change with the final release? I liked the labels that came with the Mclaren GT3 wheel and just thought some F1 related button caps might help with the many controls (not much space for labels on the F1 wheel). 

Also, a pause button is boring, make a drink button for pausing instead :-)

• Also, I've already ordered one yesterday so hopefully this doesn't affect me, but I've noticed today that the delivery date on the US product page has changed to 0000-00-00 (yesterday when I ordered it said 2019-01-15)...there are still 51 wheels left for the US market...does that mean those who pre-order now will get their wheel at a later TBA date? 

I hope the delivery for everyone has not been affected...Fanatec your products are great, but PLEASE don't do a "Mclaren release part 2" where it was delayed by 2 months. 

• I suspect that the wheel that will come with the PS4 DD1 bundle will likely be the F1 Esports steering wheel (BF offer #3) 
    You can clearly see from this picture that this steering wheel has rotary thumb encoders unlike the F1 Esports steering wheel (BF offer #3) 

Oh good catch. Well then maybe the difference is that it won't be carbon fibre.
    I guess PS4 bundle version will similar Xbox version but open bottom 
    I don't think so. Just compare the pictures.
  • edited November 2018
    Hi guys, to clarify, we've reassessed the demand in each region and relocated few more units to be available in the EU webshop. The total unit count of this limited edition remains, and this is the only adjustment we will be making, so you must act fast!
    The info on the site now is "This product is SOLD OUT! There are no units left and there will be no pre-order for this product!

Subscribe to be notified of new formula product launches!"

So thats means there will be no more units relocated for the UE like You promised Dominic?

And one more question: what's will be the regular price of this steering wheel after BF promotion  - still 349.95 in UE? 

Thx for Your info. 

• i have ordered the limited edition f1 and already had the dd1 pre ordered but too bad the f1 steer comes end of januari so now i cant deside what weel to buy for december when i get the dd1 is the porshe weel any good? or wil there be a podium porshe weel next year?
  • edited November 2018
    "So thats means there will be no more units relocated for the UE like You promised Dominic?
    He said that yesterday and they relocated some units yesterday. Unfortunately the relocated units didn't last very long either, so they were sold out very fast, too. Sorry to say that, but you are about one and a half day too late ;)
  • I just bought F1 2018 for PC last week & was happy to take advantage of the blackfriday deal for the PS4 base setup with formula rim. Excited for the arrival next week. My hands can not take another minute of this game with a game controller.  I was really torn on which wheelbase to go with but after learning the PS4 was the same price as the elite with some internal upgrades from the v2.5 ? It seemed like a no brainer~!
  • Spot on comments Martin, but unfortunately, people love to complain about everything and anything that doesn't give them EXACTLY what they want, when they want it... which is mostly all of the time.  L-)

Anyway, I've ordered both the F1 wheel and a DD1. Can't wait for the day when they're both on my sim rig and I can push the 'GO! GO! GO!' button.   :)
    Fully agree, people seem to think the world owes them something and if they don't get it then they get offended. Fanatec dont owe anyone anything, we gravitate towards them because we like their products, does that mean they owe us sales with the exact items we want? No, some people here are just exhibiting me me me behaviour, acting like children, it is quite pathetic to be honest. If you don't have the money to get what you want then save for longer, seriously it is not rocket science. I have been saving my 40 bucks a week for 8 months to be able to afford the new items I just preordered below, do you see me complaining about them not being on sale? I also ordered the new rim and a dd1, can't wait to get it.
  • i have ordered the limited edition f1 and already had the dd1 pre ordered but too bad the f1 steer comes end of januari so now i cant deside what weel to buy for december when i get the dd1 is the porshe weel any good? or wil there be a podium porshe weel next year?
    It might be a non decision as you are assuming the dd1 will be released on schedule, I would not be surprised if it does not realease until January as only 3 weeks ago Thomas posted that they had made some changes and would not release until fully tested and passed qc. I would imagine this is quite a job.
  • So is the upcoming rim included with the PS4 racing wheel the newly announced and already sold out F1 Rim? If so, there’s still some hope for me.
  • edited November 2018

i have ordered the limited edition f1 and already had the dd1 pre ordered but too bad the f1 steer comes end of januari so now i cant deside what weel to buy for december when i get the dd1 is the porshe weel any good? or wil there be a podium porshe weel next year?
    It might be a non decision as you are assuming the dd1 will be released on schedule, I would not be surprised if it does not realease until January as only 3 weeks ago Thomas posted that they had made some changes and would not release until fully tested and passed qc. I would imagine this is quite a job.

Ok than i wil wait and see if the dd1 wil release on 7 december. But its less than 2 weeks away you would think that they know by now if they can make it. Well if they delay it for another few week im fine with it, better a good tested product than a product that has some problems.
  • Hi Thomas, With all the sim racing titles out, and now that you are adding more button functions to your wheels, like the McLaren and new F1 can you add more programmable presets? Case point, in RaceRoom I have 2 presets for P2 a,d GT3 class cars, in Assetto Corsa Competizrione I have 1 preset for the larger Bentley/M6 and 1 for the Huracan. That leaves only 1 left that I have set for GT3 cars in AC. As each game has a different set of physic as well different set of car specific physics such as each car type having its own degrees of rotation, FF values and ideal brake pressure requirements that I setup differently each time I tune a cars for a series and it much easier to tune this on the fly/in game than it s to cone out of a practice session and change the in game values. Which I find most of the time it is best to tweak the wheel and leave the game settings status quo. it would be great to have more programmable presets options. Me personally I would love to see at least 5 more for a total of 10 if possible. This is not a rant or in any way a complaint, I am more that pleased with every product purchased from Fanatec as my purchasing history should reflect, but its just a wish I would like to see. Thanks once again for being the game changer for the hobby I am most passionate about.
  • This policy with limited items must stop immediately. All customers, like me, who had no way to buy this steering wheel are just disappointed. And when the first Youtuber introduces the steering wheel on Saturday, I feel really crazy. Your 2018 marketing strategy is tough on the edge and upset customers like me.
  • Josh OskamJosh Oskam Member
    edited November 2018
    This policy with limited items must stop immediately. All customers, like me, who had no way to buy this steering wheel are just disappointed. And when the first Youtuber introduces the steering wheel on Saturday, I feel really crazy. Your 2018 marketing strategy is tough on the edge and upset customers like me.
    WTF? Everyone had the same 12 to 24-hour window (or more) to jump in and buy the limited edition wheel – and more for the other stuff on offer, so why "must this stop immediately"? And why did you have "no way" to do the same? In reality, it's not everyone else's fault (or Fanatec's, for that matter) that you're unhappy, is it?

And besides that, there's nothing that was on sale that you won't be able to buy at some point in the very near future. Even the new F1 wheel will be available, except the colour might not be quite the same and it might have a black face-plate rather than carbon fibre. Is that really a reason to stop everyone else from having a chance to buy it? Manufacturers of all sorts of things try to entice people to buy with 'limited edition' runs of things (just look at all the limited edition cars that get released these days)... and that isn't going to stop now, or any time soon!
  • Hi guys, to clarify, we've reassessed the demand in each region and relocated few more units to be available in the EU webshop. The total unit count of this limited edition remains, and this is the only adjustment we will be making, so you must act fast!
    The info on the site now is "This product is SOLD OUT! There are no units left and there will be no pre-order for this product!

Subscribe to be notified of new formula product launches!"

So thats means there will be no more units relocated for the UE like You promised Dominic?

And one more question: what's will be the regular price of this steering wheel after BF promotion  - still 349.95 in UE? 

Thx for Your info. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this wheel will never be available again, meaning no other price after BF sale as that will be a different wheel, and not the limited edition.
  • Correct me if I'm wrong, but this wheel will never be available again, meaning no other price after BF sale as that will be a different wheel, and not the limited edition.

No I think it'll just be the color way. They'll release it again with either a slightly different color. Or perhaps with xbox compatibility like the unit in the video. They didn't just make this version to sell a 1000 units of it.
  • edited November 2018
    I would like to get one of this f1 rim, unfortunately i wasnt on time to buy it. I wish fanatec will put the rim on sales again
  • edited November 2018
    This new formula rim 2018 limited it’s beautiful... This is the engine of my Sim rig. :D I’ve the engine but Waiting for my DD2 , this fantastic F1 2018 rim and Podium Shifters :neutral: Thomas ... give me the wheel...:) image
  • Order the most populair bundle friday morning and It going to be deliverd tommorow!Was guessing It could take a while because off all those orders. Im happy, thanks Fanatec.
  • Wim Los said:
    Order the most populair bundle friday morning and It going to be deliverd tommorow!Was guessing It could take a while because off all those orders. Im happy, thanks Fanatec.
    I'm getting it too tomorrow. Thank you very much Fanatec! :) 
  • Was that Thomas jackermeier I just saw in the background of the Abu Dhabi GP sky sports coverage? Behind Simon Lazenby while he was interviewing toto Wolff with Nico Rosberg?
  • The boss man on the right?
  • Looks like our boss... :)
  • edited November 2018
    The boss man on the right?
    The girl on the left seems fall in love hahahahahaha....
  • Thomas, I have some questions about the f1 2018 wheel and podium. it was written ;ast year that podium rims would have upgraded quick release. the rim or the base has better QR ? could I change the QR on the f1 2018 limited to have the podium QR ?
  • Thomas, I have some questions about the f1 2018 wheel and podium. it was written ;ast year that podium rims would have upgraded quick release. the rim or the base has better QR ? could I change the QR on the f1 2018 limited to have the podium QR ?
    The clubsport QR supports both the DD1 and DD2 at full strength. While the F1 wheel is bundled with the CSL it is a clubsport wheel.
  • What was the deal on BF with the CSL Elite F1® Set - offiziell lizensiert für PS4™ it still cost the same?
  • I feel a little bit fooled by the BF Csl Elite F1 Set price when i look in the webshop now :(
  • Yannik VogelYannik Vogel Member
    edited November 2018
    I feel really fooled by you Fanatec Guys.... Csl Elite F1 Set same price as it was at BF? Nice Black Friday Deal NOT
  • I fell really fooled by you Fanatec.... Csl Elite F1 Set same price as it was at BF? Nice Black Friday Deal
    This was exactly my thought.