Black Friday 2018

Comments

• edited November 2018
    What was the deal on BF with the CSL Elite F1® Set - offiziell lizensiert für PS4™ it still cost the same?

• edited November 2018
    I fell really fooled by you Fanatec.... Csl Elite F1 Set same price as it was at BF? Nice Black Friday Deal
    This was exactly my thought.
    You really want fanatec to make their products more expensive, don't you? ;-)

I understand your point but to be fair: The formula carbon rim already costs 299 €/$ and the new f1 rim in the offer was announced at 249 €/$ which has no carbon plate on it and no other benefits over the carbon version. So you maybe could assume that this is already the regular price of it and that these brand new f1 products weren't really offered at a discount price.
  • Yannik VogelYannik Vogel Member
    edited November 2018

No, I dont want Fanatec to make their products more expensive. I said they fooled us because they advertised this product as special offer on black friday. So were is the point of a special offer, if you can buy the same product for the same price after Black friday "sale"?
  • I bought the package this year because I sadly missed the last year one. This is a very good product, no question at all, but no special offer.
  • edited November 2018
    No, I dont want Fanatec to make their products more expensive. I said they fooled us because they advertised this product as special offer on black friday. So were is the point of a special offer, if you can buy the same product for the same price after Black friday "sale"?
    As i said, i understand that point that this should have been a special offer with a special price and i agree with that. :-)

I just wanted to say it is on the one hand not a that big surprise that it wasn't a special price for the f1 products in the end and on the other hand those comments which are about complaining about that may be a little dangerous because it could tempt fanatec to raise the prices now to get those people their (then still fake) black friday "deal" and this doesn't help anybody.
  • I understand what you are saying. However, when you saw the 'deal' you clearly thought what was being provided for the price was acceptable or you wouldn't have bought it. So I'm not really sure you were fooled. You got a deal you were happy with, so just be happy?

• No, I dont want Fanatec to make their products more expensive. I said they fooled us because they advertised this product as special offer on black friday. So were is the point of a special offer, if you can buy the same product for the same price after Black friday "sale"?
    Someone asked the question on facebook and Fanatec replied that they still have some units left so will honor the BF offer price until they are gone. I suspect when all the units have gone the price will go up when the next batch comes through. 
  • Yannik VogelYannik Vogel Member
    edited November 2018

Someone asked the question on facebook and Fanatec replied that they still have some units left so will honor the BF offer price until they are gone. I suspect when all the units have gone the price will go up when the next batch comes through. 
    Okay, thank you for this information. Strange sale strategy but I dont have to understand that. :)
    And Again. I dont want Fanatec to make this product more expensive. A special offer can also be the same product with an additional product in the delivery or a special version of the product, that you only can buy at this sale. My only queston was, whats the "special offer" of this product in this sale, as it was clearly advertised as a special offer.
    (I hope my english is not to bad, Sorry :D)
  • Why are we leaving xbox support out on all "f1 style" rims period? Have to resort to the McLaren gt3 which is good but what gives fanatec I want a f1 rim too!!
  • edited November 2018
    Why are we leaving xbox support out on all "f1 style" rims period? Have to resort to the McLaren gt3 which is good but what gives fanatec I want a f1 rim too!!
    If you look at the SimRacingGirl video on Fanatec post, it clearly show's an F1 wheel with a xbox funky key....
  • To sum it up there will be 3 versions of the new formula steering wheel.?

1 The limited edition steering wheel(gold/yellow)?
    2 The xbox version with closed bottom part(red details).?
    3 The one thats included? in the upcoming ps4 podium base with open bottom?
  • That's my view as well.
  • To sum it up there will be 3 versions of the new formula steering wheel.?

I think you're likely right.
  • A little bit off-topic but how about an advent calendar in 2018 like last year?
  • edited November 2018
    I received an email confirming that advent calendar starts December 1st, but different to last year...

Probably a new topic soon...
  • I received an email confirming that advent calendar starts December 1st, but different to last year:
    Shhhhhh, maybe they're trying to keep it quiet. ;)
  • Are there any discount codes or sales planned for the CSP V3i ? I'd love to get my feet on these pedals, but they are just a little out of reach.
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    To sum it up there will be 3 versions of the new formula steering wheel.?

I like your thinking :)
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator

We had deals with discounts and those were clearly marked and we had new product introductions. We actually did exactly te same last year with the Mclaren GT3.

Our intention was not to fool anybody. We added new products to make it more attractive to visit our website on BF.
  • Hello Thomas
    Are the DD1 & DD2 still shipping on 7 Dec 2018 in Australia, or is this only in Europe and the US, like the GT3 wheel...?

Regards

• edited December 2018
    When will you announce the F1 wheel that works on Xbox one....?
  • Hello Thomas
    Are the DD1 & DD2 still shipping on 7 Dec 2018 in Australia, or is this only in Europe and the US, like the GT3 wheel...?

Regards

Thomas has said an announcement will be made on Tuesday 4 December in regard to shipping of DD wheels. Although the availability date still says 7/12/18 on the product page so it will be very bad if there is a delay and Fanatec just haven't bothered to update the date.
  •  POINTU POINTU Member
    edited December 2018

• Can any one help me with a question. I was one of the fortunate one' to secqure a limmited ed. F1 rim. So my question goes is the vibrationmotors in the wheel working on ps4 and are they supported by the games? Been searching the net for answers but unable to find any. So any of you with wheels thar has vibration motors know if they work on PlayStation ? Thx
  • edited December 2018
    what does the button look like, can you provide an example image please?
  • Thomas, can you guys please talk to Codemasters to see if they can add support for your multi-position switches on the McLaren GT wheel and the new Clubsport F1 Limited Edition wheel in F1 2018?. Considering your Clubsport F1 Limited edition wheel is officially licensed and so is the F1 2018 game it makes sense to support all features of the wheel. As I have one of the F1 wheels on pre-order, I would love for the multi-position switches to be mappable in F1 2018 as shown in iRacing in the following video....

I tried this on my fathers Fanatec McLaren GT wheel and it doesn't seem to work at the moment in F1 2018.

I (and I'm sure many others) would really appreciate you giving them a nudge on this. There is far better chance of it getting implemented if requested by you guys rather than the general public.

Thanks.
  • Why are we leaving xbox support out on all "f1 style" rims period? Have to resort to the McLaren gt3 which is good but what gives fanatec I want a f1 rim too!!
    If you look at the SimRacingGirl video on Fanatec post, it clearly show's an F1 wheel with a xbox funky key....
    That's what I don't get.  It wouldn't be unreasonable for F to say "the limited edition F1 doesn't have Xbox compatibility because [it wasn't ready yet|paying MS a royalty on a limited item would drive up the cost|the page clearly states up front that it's PC only|etc.]"

But, at the very least, acknowledge the thing in the back of the frame in that video!  I'd be 100% satisfied if they just put up a page that said "here's the Xbox F1 wheel, here are the features, enter your email here and we'll get back to you" like the Podium Advanced Paddle Module.

I'll be happy to pick one up when it's Xbox compatible; I'm mostly looking for a step up from the McLaren CSL, and something comparable to the other Clubsport products material-wise.  

I'm not even mad, just... puzzled?
  • Wesley StokesWesley Stokes Member
    edited December 2018
    cars.
    Brad Coe said:
    Thomas, can you guys please talk to Codemasters to see if they can add support for your multi-position switches on the McLaren GT wheel and the new Clubsport F1 Limited Edition wheel in F1 2018?. Considering your Clubsport F1 Limited edition wheel is officially licensed and so is the F1 2018 game it makes sense to support all features of the wheel. As I have one of the F1 wheels on pre-order, I would love for the multi-position switches to be mappable in F1 2018 as shown in iRacing in the following video....

I tried this on my fathers Fanatec McLaren GT wheel and it doesn't seem to work at the moment in F1 2018.

I (and I'm sure many others) would really appreciate you giving them a nudge on this. There is far better chance of it getting implemented if requested by you guys rather than the general public.

Thanks.
    Work will all devs, I would love to have these function in RaceRoom. I see Asseto Corsa C is at least making use of the buttons.
  • So when do we hear more info on the DD base's including the PS4 version...?

• Raceroom are slow to adapt to new functions.. it should be done by the time these products are released.