Delivery of the Podium Wheel Bases UPDATE2

Comments

• When will we get info on the PS4 bundle? What wheel rim will it come with?
  • edited December 2018
    We are currently investigating the data leak issue but it looks like we indeed made a horrible mistake. 

X_X

The only thing we can do at this point is to write another e-mail and to let everybody know that their e-mail adress has been exposed. 

One bad news followed by the next. Not a great day  :(

I am even more sorry for that data leak then for the delay. There is no excuse for something like that. 

My deepest apologies.
    And the amount of refunds for cancelled pre-orders you are about to process is going to be the cherry on top of an already crappy day. Hopefully you have learned your lesson about marketing vaporware....
  • Announced 1.5 years ago, and after this time you will not succeed in making a quality product. Wtf
    Its really easy to throw stones isnt it..

Do you know whats involved in getting this product out ?

How many other companies make a solution like this ?   None.... its a brand new solution - plug and play DD with no cables to the wheel, no interference etc....

I applaud the fact they made the call to delay with 0.07% failure rate and investigate / resolve accordingly.

Ofcourse it sucks we do not get our new toys but guys... first world problems.....  cut them some slack.
  • ein halbes jahr?   für wie bescheuert haltet ihr die leute? ich könnt kotzen, verlogenen bastarde ihr!
  • Thank your for the info. Although highly disappointed I will be keeping my pre order and I’m very much looking forward to finally getting it. 2 questions, 1: As I made a bulk order of the wheel & Pedals will I recieve it altogether once the DD1 is released? Or will I recieve the wheel and pedals first? 2: Will the Token Gesture - ClubSport F1 2019 wheel be for Xbox one as this is what console I have? Best regards Ben Arlow
  • We are currently investigating the data leak issue but it looks like we indeed made a horrible mistake. 

X_X

The only thing we can do at this point is to write another e-mail and to let everybody know that their e-mail adress has been exposed. 

I am even more sorry for that data leak then for the delay. There is no excuse for something like that. 

My deepest apologies.
    So Thomas does this mean that our payment and credit card details are now leaked to un-trustworthy personel ?? 

This is really serious 
    [-X
  • Thanks Thomas. I can only imagine the stress you and the team are under today. I am not too fussed about the data breach... anyone else who’s ordered a DD wheel is probably into the same sort of stuff as me, so they’re welcome to drop me an email! Give things a few days to settle down, take stock of where you are and go forwards. I have just sold my v2.5 ahead of having a DD1 delivered - that was epic timing. So it’s a 5-month sim driving break for me :disappointed:. Still, the best things come to those that wait and I’d rather support a company like yours that’s working hard to do the right thing than receive a sub-standard product on time. I am very grateful for the offer of a wheel by way of compensation... I am with some others, though, who do not do any F1, so I’d prefer a credit towards another wheel if that’s possible. Thanks Thomas.
  • I am fxxx-ing disappointed! I knew it...
    This is a brave but correct decision! The flagship must be flawless for sure!

Thomas, I am a 6 Sigma Black Belt 8in automtive industry). 0,07% errors is a >5Sigma quality and close to "flawless". 6 Sigma is 99,97% error-free. So close....
    I STILL accept (not like) the decision made.

Regarding the compensation: accepted in principle, but. PLEASE let me make a choice of my own with the same VALUE of the compensation you offered. If so, I will continue with my G27.

Question: who can answer this question? Can I talk to customer support soon? Are they prepared to answer this question?

What a BAD Xmas gift...
  • Hey Fanatec Team,so I read about the delay for the DD1and DD2,does this mean that also the one for PS4 will be delayed?? There would be an announcement with details on december 6,is this still going to happen or not?

• Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator

Hey Fanatec Team,so I read about the delay for the DD1and DD2,does this mean that also the one for PS4 will be delayed?? There would be an announcement with details on december 6,is this still going to happen or not?

The Podioum racing Wheel PS4 will be launched together with DD1 and 2 so it is also delayed. It will be open for pre-order in December.
  • Hey Fanatec Team,so I read about the delay for the DD1and DD2,does this mean that also the one for PS4 will be delayed?? There would be an announcement with details on december 6,is this still going to happen or not?

The Podioum racing Wheel PS4 will be launched together with DD1 and 2 so it is also delayed. It will be open for pre-order in December.
    Great Thank you Thomas!
  • Hi I've spent close to €2000 on DD1 V3 peddles a shifter and a McLaren wheel, I've also spent £550 on a seat which I can't now use till April/May!!! Not happy
  • Sorry, for double-post:

2 more comments:

1. communication was REALLY BAD. NEVER do this again, please.
    2. THIS is the result of "made in China". If you had done this in Germany, or Western Europe, I guess this could have been avoided. So you could save revenue loss, quality cost, compensation cost, etc. CALCULATE THIS!

And now I shut up. Any further dely or problem and I will CANCEL.
  • sweet, we can get a voucher to buy a different wheel if we bought the limited edition one already! Doesn't help those who don't want an f1 wheel though...
  • sorry I misread, looks like those that just want another wheel are also in luck. You can trade in your freebie wheel for 350 euros credit! Well done Fanatec for doing all you can. Kudos
  • sweet, we can get a voucher to buy a different wheel if we bought the limited edition one already! Doesn't help those who don't want an f1 wheel though...
    Where did you hear this?
  • Well,i was going to ask for a refund(im really pushing my finances with my DD1 pre-order) but the offer of a free wheel goes above and beyond most companies would offer as compensation.
    I have to say im delighted with this because i need a new wheel anyway.
    Thanks so much,what a great company FANATEC is!

Ok thomas,thx for the info,in your update you stated that people who have ordered the f1 2018 Lim Edition can have a voucher for some other steering wheel. So if the PS4 version also have a f1 like steering wheel,will those (like me) who've ordered the f1 2018 lim edition,also have the chance to change the steering wheel??

• edited December 2018
    What can I say. **** happens. Actually I'm shocked not because of the delay but because of some comments here. So I can wait till April, no problem. But could you please share some details on the data leakage issue please? Is it the email address only? I guess in terms of GDPR it's even more important to have a clear view here.
  • Ok thomas,thx for the info,in your update you stated that people who have ordered the f1 2018 Lim Edition can have a voucher for some other steering wheel. So if the PS4 version also have a f1 like steering wheel.Will those (like me) who've ordered the f1 2018 lim edition,also have the chance to change the steering wheel??
    Where did you hear this?
    Check the original statement at the top again, you will see an update :)
  • Neil they updated the original post.
  • Do you have any updates on a xbox version of any of the F1 wheels? Perhaps the one we already saw on Youtube in the compatibility guide? Would be really glad to hear even a rough estimation! Thank you i;advance!
  • that´s exactly what differs german engineering, and is the reason why i´m willing to pay a maybe higher price than somewhere else,
    from the rest of the world and makes it so outstanding sometimes.

a german engineer accepts nothing else but perfection.
    @ least as long as you leave him alone and he or she is not over ruled by the pencil holders from controlling.  ;-)

there are many other companies which would accept far more than 0,7% failure possibility.

even if it´s, off course, a huge disappointment the decision is absolutely the right one!

congrats to the courage to make it!

• Free wheel bought me back. Overall - its a fantastic deal and I prefer to have a product that meets their standards, than to whine. After all - they just made my semi-extravagant purchase into a bargain. So overall I dont feel too butthurt about this...

• What can I say. **** happens. Actually I'm shocked not because of the delay but because of some comments here. So I can wait till April, no problem. But could you please share some details on the data leakage issue please? Is it the email address only?
    Yeah it's just the emails.
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    What can I say. **** happens. Actually I'm shocked not because of the delay but because of some comments here. So I can wait till April, no problem. But could you please share some details on the data leakage issue please? Is it the email address only? I guess in terms of GDPR it's even more important to have a clear view here.
    It is just the e-amil adress but only if you received an e-mail. We did not send out all batches before we realized the mistake.
  • So if the 0.7% is not just a random number, why not send them out and communicate that there is a small chance the unit has some fault and everyone with that fault could send it back and get it replaced. Even if many more people think they got a broken one and have it replaced it would still be a much cheaper solution and i think there would be more customers who accept that there might be problems with the new product.
    >99% would be happy with their products and the chances to send another faulty unit to the same customer would be very small. Now a 100% of those who pre ordered are going to be annoyed at least for another 5+? month.
    So i guess the number is just there to cover something else, to get a number that specific they must have tested hundreds of wheels.

Anyway i feel sorry for Thomas (and the support team) that they have to deal with all the hate now.
  • Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
    We are currently investigating the data leak issue but it looks like we indeed made a horrible mistake. 

X_X

My deepest apologies.
    So Thomas does this mean that our payment and credit card details are now leaked to un-trustworthy personel ?? 

This is really serious 
    [-X
    That's definitely not the case. Only email addresses were visible.
  • edited December 2018
    Really a bad day for Fanatec. I don't know what is the worst news the delay or the leak.

In my mail are 428 mail addresses. Anybody can confirm same list?

Thomas, do you know what could happen if someone send that list to your competitors? Do you know how much spam we could receive now?

It's a very valuable and updated list of simracers that wants to spend their money.