Announcing the Podium Racing Wheel F1 for PS4 and Podium Advanced Paddle Module

Comments

• edited December 2018
  • edited December 2018
    I think this might be the 2019 F1 wheel

No automatic alt text available.

It is similar to the F1 black and Carbon in shape, but with the similar buttons and dials to the newer rims.
    And it has an Xbox one Button................................................
  • One important thing is: does it work on the next generation? In 1919/2020 comes the ps5 and i dont want to spend so many € for a wheel that i cant use only for a genaration that is near the end.
    I still have a Thrustmaster t500 that is ps3, and that still works on ps4 once the game launches, I wouldn't worry. Sony leaves the decision of wheel compatibility squarely in the hands of the developers. And software developers will want to support your wheel!

Unless Fanatec and Sony fall out again....
    Thats the point. BTW, what was the price of the t500? I dont think it was near of the new DD PS4.

Good point, that's why I edited that bit out lol. I guess you are looking at a 3x higher investment. It is certainly a valid question, don't get me wrong, I just don't see how Fanatec can answer it at the moment. Everything seems rosy between Sony and Fanatec at the moment...

This brings up another point however. Is 1500 euros just too high as a price segment for the console market? Just food for thought. Im sure preorder numbers will still be high though.
    I don't understand the Productplacement from Fanatec. I would wait until i am sure that the next generation will be supported. If not, so it comes for the PS5 and it has the full lifecycle.

And i know that no-one can answer this question (except Sony)
    I hope for everyone who preorder, it comes with full support for then next generation (PS and Xbox)!  
  • Is there any chance of a voucher for the PS4 version if its preordered in the next 24-48 hours?  I know the people waiting for the PS4 version haven't had money on the line, but we've been waiting the same amount and many of us would have preordered during the same time as those waiting for the DD1 and DD2, but we weren't given the opportunity to.  Would be really cool if the first day or two of PS4 preorders was treated the same.  
    Difference is that you did not place an order and make a pre-payment yet. ;)
    Does that mean that if we now order the PS4 podium also receive a discount of 349 € on the total?
    no.
    Of course not, why would it? Nice try.
    because the PS4 user will wait at least as long as the PC or XBOX user. Was not a trial but a normal question
  • Hello Thomas

The new wheel looks sensational.

With the emphasis on F1 so strong with Fanatec now, will you release your pedals with just a brake pedal and throttle pedal, as an option....
    And when will we start getting infomation on the new Podium pedals....? 
  • Is there any chance of a voucher for the PS4 version if its preordered in the next 24-48 hours?  I know the people waiting for the PS4 version haven't had money on the line, but we've been waiting the same amount and many of us would have preordered during the same time as those waiting for the DD1 and DD2, but we weren't given the opportunity to.  Would be really cool if the first day or two of PS4 preorders was treated the same.  
    Does that mean that if we now order the PS4 podium also receive a discount of 349 € on the total?
    no.
    Of course not, why would it? Nice try.
    because the PS4 user will wait at least as long as the PC or XBOX user. Was not a trial but a normal question
    Suppose you're right, the wait has been the same. I would have liked the ps4 version, but figured I would be mainly pc usage. If this had been avail to preorder earlier I would have gone for this one. 

I guess they all should have been announced together, all delayed together, and all got free wheel. :)
  • Will the 2019 F1 wheel rim promised to the customers that pre-ordered DD1 and DD2 include the magnetic paddleshifters?
  • Will the 2019 F1 wheel rim promised to the customers that pre-ordered DD1 and DD2 include the magnetic paddleshifters?
    Sure...and 2 weeks vacation in the Maldives all inclusive at a 5 star hotel + VIP lounge ticket for the entire F1 season 2019.

8-}
  • Shao PUfangShao PUfang Member
    edited December 2018
    Is there any chance the paypal Ratenzahlung method will be supported at least for the Podium series?
  • Adam DyeAdam Dye Member
    edited December 2018

• edited December 2018
    Everytime I try to place a pre-order it causes HTTP ERROR 500 at payment stage
    api.secupay.ag/payment/otnkuhjvazsi3306834/failed?ERRORCODE=1001
    If it continues please contact webshop (at) fanatec (dot) com.
    I've paid via PayPal a moment ago. It looks like SecuPay doesn't work.
    Done. B-) Order ID: #898013 of 07/12/2018. I hope this delay of pre-order start was not your fault.. but Sony or third parties :-;Simultaneous pre-orders start for DD1/DD2/PRW could spared my nerves a lot  ;;)
    5 months left..  ~O)
  • Could someone offer some guidance. Have been wanting to upgrade my current setup since August, got my Vesaro rig coming and fanatec wise I am after BMW GT2 wheel, inverted V3 pedals, shifter and some other accessories. Since hearing the news of the PS4 podium I have wanted to Pre order it and after the special rim was released I thought maybe i would be able to pre order in December and it would then release at the same time as the limited edition F1 rim at the end of January next year. I held back from ordering the CSL Elite base on Black Friday based on my assumptions maybe working out, however with the unfortunate delay that won't be the case. I can't wait to upgrade my things so I was going to purchase the CSL Elite base to tide me over until the PS4 podium is shipped and then sell the CSL elite. I want to buy the whole lot today so was wondering how shipping would work? Will it get put under one shipment and all come in April? Or would i get everything that is available right away and the PS4 podium will be shipped on its own when it is available?
  • PS4 DD will also using DD2 motor ? I want make sure about that , thx
  • Is anybody willing to "sell" me their pre-order slot for the limited and already sold-out ClubSport Wheel F1 2018? I would like to get the Podium Racing Wheel F1 for PS4 but literally hate the blue color of the wheel it ships with. I'm happy to pay 50€/USD on top of the pre-order price. If anybody is up for it please send me a message (and please don't comment with a quote - as all quotes are appearing with the real names in Google Search).
    yes.
  • I pre-ordered the special edition formula 1 2018 gold version, available next january 15th.

I also pre-ordered the Podium advanced shifters supposed to be released next april. Could it be possible to get these shifters earlier in a way to put them on my upcoming 2018 wheel next january ? Waiting next april is too long...
  • edited December 2018
    Hello... Thomas/ Dominic I Pre Orderd on Day1... If i want to change My DD2 order to the PS4 DD wheel will that Affect/ Negate/ Stop Me from Receiving My Pre Order delay Compensation wheel???...Quesrion Will the PS4 DD wheel be compatible with Xbox1 if I use the Xbox1 universal Hub??? .... Also can you consider to just issue vouchers for those of us that may Not Need or want the New F1 Rim??? Great Looking Rim but as i mostly Race Gt3 class i find its a tad too small for My taste --> it seems to be the same size as the Formuka Black Rim I have... Great Rim But I dont use it much at all.
  • Hello... Thomas/ Dominic I Pre Orderd on Day1... If i want to change My DD2 order to the PS4 DD wheel will that Affect/ Negate/ Stop Me from Receiving My Pre Order delay Compensation wheel???...Also Will the PS4 DD wheel be compatible with Xbox1 if I use the Xbox1 universal Hub???
    1. I highly doubt that you can keep the free rim/voucher if you cancel your DD2 pre-order and switch to a PS4 pre-order but best way I think would be to contact the webshop directly.
    2. yes, its xbox compatible with an xbox compatible rim.
  • I pre-ordered the special edition formula 1 2018 gold version, available next january 15th.

I also pre-ordered the Podium advanced shifters supposed to be released next april. Could it be possible to get these shifters earlier in a way to put them on my upcoming 2018 wheel next january ? Waiting next april is too long...
    haha :D
    Thats not possible because the Podium Paddle Shifters I think are still in development and absolutely not ready for shipping in january ^^ I bet if it would be ready, Fanatec would have put them in the webshop with a january release date to launch them together with the F1 2018 LE.

Hi Iok,

Thomas wrote that inside there is a DD1 motor:

Mr Jackermeier what is differends between DD2 and DD PS4?
    The Racing wheel is basically the DD1 +
    • Blue Carbon fiber
    • CluSport Formula V2 steering wheel with P APM 
    • PS4 compatibility (saftey electronics)

Hi Iok,

Thomas wrote that inside there is a DD1 motor:

Mr Jackermeier what is differends between DD2 and DD PS4?
    The Racing wheel is basically the DD1 +
    • Blue Carbon fiber
    • CluSport Formula V2 steering wheel with P APM 
    • PS4 compatibility (saftey electronics)

no. Thomas wrote the Podium Racing Wheel is basically a DD1. BUT the DD1 will come with the DD2 motor (but with different electronics).
    For now there is no DD1 motor and ALL DD variants will come with the big fat DD2 motor!
  • I think this might be the 2019 F1 wheel

No automatic alt text available.

It is similar to the F1 black and Carbon in shape, but with the similar buttons and dials to the newer rims.
    And it has an Xbox one Button................................................
    ok i might be looked at as an idiot, but to me (casual gamer CSL P1 wheel xbox only and GT3 wheel) i see almost no difference to my GT3 wheel. Ok other buttons, better material most likely - i think i can pass :-)
  • Power supply is it 100-220v , same as fanatec product before?
  • Was für ein sexy Teil. Wow.
  • Ich frag mich aber trozdem wie lange es noch dauern wird bis fanatec Produkte für gt sport vollständig implementiert werden.
  • edited December 2018
    Ich frag mich aber trozdem wie lange es noch dauern wird bis fanatec Produkte für gt sport vollständig implementiert werden.
    That's a valid question! I want to see the beautiful OLED display working in GT Sport!
  • Guess Ive been banned from the Podium update blog as only posts blank messages. Probably deserve it for some of my comments. But felt very aggrieved and angry about the data leak saga. Mellowing now as not had any repercussions yet regarding it. 

Anyway was only trying to message....Thank you for the voucher.
  • If we have already preordered the DD1 and have the voucher for the wheel, is it possible to exchange it for the PS4 podium package if I pay the extra for the podium paddle shifters? Thanks
  • If we have already preordered the DD1 and have the voucher for the wheel, is it possible to exchange it for the PS4 podium package if I pay the extra for the podium paddle shifters? Thanks
    Go into your order history where there is a button to ask a question about your order. The blog inst the right place to get personalized customer service.
  • Hello... Thomas/ Dominic I Pre Orderd on Day1... If i want to change My DD2 order to the PS4 DD wheel will that Affect/ Negate/ Stop Me from Receiving My Pre Order delay Compensation wheel???...Also Will the PS4 DD wheel be compatible with Xbox1 if I use the Xbox1 universal Hub???
    1. I highly doubt that you can keep the free rim/voucher if you cancel your DD2 pre-order and switch to a PS4 pre-order but best way I think would be to contact the webshop directly.
    2. yes, its xbox compatible with an xbox compatible rim.
    Thanks for the response but i will wait on word from a Fanatec Official.... I dont see how i should lose My Free Rim order because the Fact Remains that I have Paid and Fanatec Has Had $1,500 of My Cash since Day 1 Pre Orders opened... at No time will the Cash be refunded to Me just transfered to a Different product thats Exactly the same Price.