Black Friday 2018

Comments

• Since release 12/2018 buttons (rotary) on the MCLaren wheel are fully supported by iRacing. Just make sure that you delete all control.cfg files in the iRacing folder and sub folders before you start assigning the rotary switch
  • I see the LE F1 rim is shipping in America so is there an eta for EU customers?
  • I see the LE F1 rim is shipping in America so is there an eta for EU customers?
    Where did you see that?
    From today... :-)
  • Just got my UPS shipping details for the LE F1 rim. I'm in EU.
  • Yes, this is my status order: shipped.

• Also my 2018 LE is marked as shipped! Wow, a month earlier!
  • An Aussies here had theirs shipped?
  • What a pleasant surprise that the F1 2018 LE wheel shipped early!  Got mine last night and I love it!!!!

After the McLaren wheel got delayed then the Podium series put on hold for a few months I went in full on expecting this wheel was going to be delayed as well!  I understand delays happen with preorders you are just trying to put the best product you can out there.

Well done getting it out not only on time but early!  You needed a win....and in my book (at least for the customers who ordered the special edition wheel) this counts as win!

Now what are the chances the upgraded shifter will ship early too :) 

F1.jpg 195.2K
    F1-2.jpg 229.1K
  • What a pleasant surprise that the F1 2018 LE wheel shipped early!  Got mine last night and I love it!!!!

After the McLaren wheel got delayed then the Podium series put on hold for a few months I went in full on expecting this wheel was going to be delayed as well!  I understand delays happen with preorders you are just trying to put the best product you can out there.

Well done getting it out not only on time but early!  You needed a win....and in my book (at least for the customers who ordered the special edition wheel) this counts as win!

Now what are the chances the upgraded shifter will ship early too :) 

So, now for the big question, how does it perform? Are the encoders and rotaries have a good solid click to them? How about the shifter? Any issues with it or things you don't like about it so far? I was one of only about 50 guys in Australia that got it but who knows when we will receive ours?!
  • Dave StosicDave Stosic Member
    edited December 2018
    So, now for the big question, how does it perform? Are the encoders and rotaries have a good solid click to them? How about the shifter? Any issues with it or things you don't like about it so far? I was one of only about 50 guys in Australia that got it but who knows when we will receive ours?!
    Only game I have tested so far is the new ACC.  So take a lot of the functions with a grain of salt being ACC is still in early access.  Performance wise its a very nice feeling wheel.  I like it more the my McLaren wheel.

The rotary dials for the thumbs are programmable.  Right now I have them set for traction control and ABS.  The click on those are a little light and take some getting use to.  At first I was turning them too much when making adjustments.  But once you get the feel for them they are fine.  The 3 rotary buttons on the bottom are exactly like the McLaren GT3 wheel with a nice positive click.  I have yet to attempt to program those.  Just haven't had time.

Shifters feel good IMO.  Still looking to try out the upgraded podium series when they release. 

The button mapping DOES NOT MATCH the button mapping guide pamphlet that is online and the one sent in the box.  Not a huge issue but make a mental note.  Not sure if it's a Fanatec coding issue and/or and ACC coding issue.  I will check to see how F1 2018 performs on this matter later.

For example....when you attempt to lets say map the top left button in ACC.  Fanatec states that the top left button should be "Button no. PC" #8.  But when you map it in ACC it shows up as button #7 and it also shows as #7 in the Fanatec wheel properties.  There are a few others that are different as well.  Again hardly a game breaking bug/issue but just one to make note of and adjust accordingly.  Added a very crude screen shot pic to show example.  
  • Seems that just some of the US customers did get a

For example....when you attempt to lets say map the top left button in ACC.  Fanatec stats that the top left button should be "Button no. PC" #8.  But when you map it in ACC it shows up as button #7 and it also shows as #7 in the Fanatec wheel properties.  There are a few others that are different as well.  Again hardly a game breaking bug/issue but just one to make note of and adjust accordingly.  Added a very crude screen shot pic to show example.  
    Is the numbering of the controls/buttons always off by 1? If that is the case I assuem that the sims start counting by zero and fanatec documentation does start at 1.
  • So, now for the big question, how does it perform? Are the encoders and rotaries have a good solid click to them? How about the shifter? Any issues with it or things you don't like about it so far? I was one of only about 50 guys in Australia that got it but who knows when we will receive ours?!
    Only game I have tested so far is the new ACC.  So take a lot of the functions with a grain of salt being ACC is still in early access.  Performance wise its a very nice feeling wheel.  I like it more the my McLaren wheel.

The rotary dials for the thumbs are programmable.  Right now I have them set for traction control and ABS.  The click on those are a little light and take some getting use to.  At first I was turning them too much when making adjustments.  But once you get the feel for them they are fine.  The 3 rotary buttons on the bottom are exactly like the McLaren GT3 wheel with a nice positive click.  I have yet to attempt to program those.  Just haven't had time.

Shifters feel good IMO.  Still looking to try out the upgraded podium series when they release. 

The button mapping DOES NOT MATCH the button mapping guide pamphlet that is online and the one sent in the box.  Not a huge issue but make a mental note.  Not sure if it's a Fanatec coding issue and/or and ACC coding issue.  I will check to see how F1 2018 performs on this matter later.

For example....when you attempt to lets say map the top left button in ACC.  Fanatec states that the top left button should be "Button no. PC" #8.  But when you map it in ACC it shows up as button #7 and it also shows as #7 in the Fanatec wheel properties.  There are a few others that are different as well.  Again hardly a game breaking bug/issue but just one to make note of and adjust accordingly.  Added a very crude screen shot pic to show example.  
    Thanks for the reply, can't wait to get mine, unfortunately won't have anything to run it on until my dd1 turns up!
  • Got mines today and it’s a very nice rim!! For some reason in F1 2018 on PS4 none of the switches can be mapped at this time. I try to and it just won’t even recognize them(12-way switches, rotary thumb encoders, two momentary toggles). It recognizes the other buttons however. I suppose this is a codemasters thing and hopefully something in the works to release a patch?
  • Got mines today and it’s a very nice rim!! For some reason in F1 2018 on PS4 none of the switches can be mapped at this time. I try to and it just won’t even recognize them(12-way switches, rotary thumb encoders, two momentary toggles). It recognizes the other buttons however. I suppose this is a codemasters thing and hopefully something in the works to release a patch?
    Thats exactly what i was afraid of... an official licensed F1 wheel which isn't fully compatible with the official licensed F1 game on PS4. Really hoping that there will be a patch soon...
    Got mine yesterday and I can confirm what you experienced. I really hope that there will be a patch for that otherwise it would be a massive disappointment...
  • Hopefully a patch is released from CM soon although we might actually have to wait, seeing as all of the other new formula rims won't be released until next year sometime and that makes me think that CM won't do anything about it until there are more out in the market. Hopefully I am wrong about that LOL!
  • Hi , I just received my f1 wheel and it looks very nice. I have a couple of questions regarding it's installation. I attached the wheel and powered it up. On my v2.5 the lights which surround the power button light up in a rotating pattern.... I assume this means I need to do a firmware update....Although when I go to the product page it says firmware not compatible with McLaren cal rim. Does this mean the McLaren rim cannot be used ? Hopefully someone cam answer this. Thanks
  • You have to Update the McLaren wheel software
  • edited January 2019
    OMG !!!

<3 Fanatec

• I have the latest firmware for the McLaren wheel. v311....the firmware for the f1 le has v324 and if you look at the product page it says it's not compatible to the McLaren rim...so my question is which firmware should I be using and has anyone got both working ?
  • I have the latest firmware for the McLaren wheel. v311....the firmware for the f1 le has v324 and if you look at the product page it says it's not compatible to the McLaren rim...so my question is which firmware should I be using and has anyone got both working ?
    You mixed up drivers and firmwares. You mean driver 311 and driver 324.
    Just install the latest driver 324 and update your wheel base firmware WITHOUT the F1 rim attached. 

Some McLaren rims work, some dont. I have two McLaren rims and both are working fine with driver 324 and the newest firmware of my wheel base. Fanatec is working on a new driver which will definetely work with both rims.
  • Ok thanks...worked out great.. both rims work
  • Has anyone in AU got their F1 2018 LE wheel yet? They were marked with estimated shipping 15th Jan, but mine still isn't marked as shipped yet.
  • Brad Coe said:
    Has anyone in AU got their F1 2018 LE wheel yet? They were marked with estimated shipping 15th Jan, but mine still isn't marked as shipped yet.
    No one in Oz will have them yet, I contacted support yesterday and they said they were held up at customs and they did not know how long it would take to get through.
  • Thanks for the info Paul. I won't hold my breath then :-(
  • Paul HartlPaul Hartl Member
    edited January 2019
    Brad Coe said:
    Thanks for the info Paul. I won't hold my breath then :-(
    No worries Brad, wish it was good news though
  • Actually it may not be too bad hopefully thinking about things.... I ordered a CSW V2.5 that was in stock a bit over 2 weeks ago and it took 1.5 weeks before AusPost had the item on its way to me (2 weeks before I got it). I suspect that this may have been because they were holding it to send with the wheel which they were expecting to arrive any day before they found out it was held up in customs. If that is the case, they have probably been in customs for 2 weeks already and hopefully at the back end of their time there. Hopefully fanatec AU will be efficient and ship them straight away when receiving them as I'd really like to have it for some upcoming league races.
  • Well they did ship much earlier than expected in Europe and the US so that it a possible. I did contact their support backvwtvthd end of December i think it was to ask if we would get them early too and they said no.
  • Is the black Friday sales the best/only option for trying to pick up a good deal? I wasn't sure if there would be a Spring sale around?

I'm in that age old toss up between the T300 RS and the CSL Elite. With the CSL I'm thinking about the PS4 CSL Elite with PS4 wheel, CSL Elite Pedals with LC and possibly the shifter (Not sure between that or saving some cash and just going with the TH8A). With all of that in the basket I'm not seeing much change from €1k ($1300).

I would rather make a decision sooner rather than later but if Black Friday is the only option then I think I would rather stick with my old Logitech GT until the better offers are around.

Kind Regards

Scott