Shipment of the Formula V2 starts in time

Comments

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    edited March 2019

Which platform are you using? On PC everything should work fine, also the Multi Position Switches work in Pulse and Encoder Mode. Only Constant mode needs a special implementation from gave dev and I think Codemasters is not really working on F1 2018 anymore and is focusing on F1 2019 so personally I don't expect a patch with full support... :/ Driver 328 can be found on the product page of the V2X in the download tab.
    So, there will be a new F1 2019 Wheel, and the Formula V2 functions will likely NOT be implemented in F1 2018 anymore? So to sum it up: This product makes NO SENSE … apart from the look and feel, as I like to put it. And the additional money in Fanatec´s pocket...

A professional approach would have been to clearly state what games on what platforms support what funcionalality when or won´t support it.

I mainly play on PS4, focus on GT Sport, and a little iracing here and there...

Found the driver, thx :-)
    Maurice was referring to Codemasters working on the F1 2019 game edition. The Clubsport Formula V2 will work on up coming games however on console the developer needs to release a patch to support these new features and since the last patch F1 2018 patch 1.16 on Feb 26 was to fix a tire pressure bug, it is unlikely MPS will be supported in this edition.The best thing is to help make Codemasters aware there is a demand for these features to be supported by posting on their forums. There are a few threads regarding this request. 
  • Which platform are you using? On PC everything should work fine, also the Multi Position Switches work in Pulse and Encoder Mode. Only Constant mode needs a special implementation from gave dev and I think Codemasters is not really working on F1 2018 anymore and is focusing on F1 2019 so personally I don't expect a patch with full support... :/ Driver 328 can be found on the product page of the V2X in the download tab.
    So, there will be a new F1 2019 Wheel, and the Formula V2 functions will likely NOT be implemented in F1 2018 anymore? So to sum it up: This product makes NO SENSE … apart from the look and feel, as I like to put it. And the additional money in Fanatec´s pocket...

A professional approach would have been to clearly state what games on what platforms support what funcionalality when or won´t support it.

It has new functions on it that all game developers would need to implement. Given time I'm sure the main players will support it. It would be no point in game developers implementing it in the first place if no wheels have the functionality in the first place.
  • edited March 2019
    Which platform are you using? On PC everything should work fine, also the Multi Position Switches work in Pulse and Encoder Mode. Only Constant mode needs a special implementation from gave dev and I think Codemasters is not really working on F1 2018 anymore and is focusing on F1 2019 so personally I don't expect a patch with full support... :/ Driver 328 can be found on the product page of the V2X in the download tab.

Yes, there will be a F1 2019 Wheel as a limited edition. But as far as I know the hardware and the functions will stay the same. So there will be no difference to the Formula V2 except the design. But Maurice meant F1 2019 as a game and that Codemasters (the developers of F1 2018) are going to focus on F1 2019 (the game) and likely are not going to implement more features in F1 2018. Unfortunately that's the problem with game developers that are releasing the "same" game every year. But in my opinion that's not Fanatecs fault.

Fanatec makes the hardware. They can talk to the game developers and provide them access to their hardware and help them to implement the support of their hardware. But at the end of the day they have only limited impact whether a game fully supports their hardware or not.
  • Hi guys, I am an xbox owner. Is there any chance to get the (O)LEDs on the Clubsport Formula v2 rim working in F1 2018 and/or in Assetto Corsa (speed, engine speed, and gear)? => Like in this video with Assetto Corsa ()? Or is it only possible on a PC? Thanks for your help!
  • Hi guys, I am an xbox owner. Is there any chance to get the (O)LEDs on the Clubsport Formula v2 rim working in F1 2018 and/or in Assetto Corsa (speed, engine speed, and gear)? => Like in this video with Assetto Corsa ()? Or is it only possible on a PC? Thanks for your help!
    Those features are not working on the Xbox (yet). We need to hope that Microsoft opens their protocol to support such features.
  • Ok, didn‘t know that. But thanks a lot for your reply!
  • Can anyone compare the F1 2018 LE with Formula V2 (red)? Is there any additional flex when bottom part is cut out? Or some other advantages/disadvantages between those two wheels?
  • Thanks for the updates.

Are you able to confirm whether the clubsport formula F1 2019 wheel will be shipping in May?

I'd like to know as I still don't have a wheel for the DD1 and I would not want to wait too long after receiving it, presume early May. If we know the F1 2019 wheels won't be available in May then I would prefer to order the formula V2.

Looks like it will rather be June / July. We will announce it very soon though and Podium pre-order customers with vouchers will get 1 or 2 days for exclusive pre-order availability before anybody else.
    Please could you let us know when the podium wheel adapter will be reseased? will it be much later than the release of the podiums dd1 and dd2?
  • edited March 2019
    Hey Thomas, will we be getting news on the Podium Wheel Rim series in April?  I really want a circular wheel but holding off for it.  Will there be a large gap between the DD1 shipping and the release of the rims?  Can't wait to use the two together.
    The steering wheels are actually all the same and there is no difference if you mount it on a ClubSport Universal Hub or a Podium Wheel Adapter which is essentially doing the same thing. The Porsche 911 Cup wheel which was shown last year will be available later this year.

The Advanced Paddle Shifter Module with the analog clutch and magnetic shifter paddles will make a big difference but those will be available for the ClubSport Formula V2 wheels and the Universal Hub (Xbox) so you can easily upgrade the existing wheels.
    Wait, so is this "podium wheel adapter" like a new universal hub? What's the difference? 

At this point I was planning on getting f1 2019/v2 formula rim and also the universal hub and fitting my own wheel. But pretty annoying if I buy the universal hub to then see the podium hub coming out.... and if it comes after dd1 release I end up having to buy either a temporary wheel to use or wait until either f1 2019/v2 or podium wheel adapter comes out.

Don't like to complain, but I feel quite confused, I don't know what's coming and when. Had I already had a fanatec wheel I wouldn't worry as I'd have a rim to run on the DD, but now I don't and I'd like to avoid buying temporary wheels or worse, buy a wheel I think I want but then a podium replacement I prefer comes out after DD release that I didn't know about.

Would be greatful if some things could be cleared up!
  • Hey Thomas, will we be getting news on the Podium Wheel Rim series in April?  I really want a circular wheel but holding off for it.  Will there be a large gap between the DD1 shipping and the release of the rims?  Can't wait to use the two together.
    The steering wheels are actually all the same and there is no difference if you mount it on a ClubSport Universal Hub or a Podium Wheel Adapter which is essentially doing the same thing. The Porsche 911 Cup wheel which was shown last year will be available later this year.

The Advanced Paddle Shifter Module with the analog clutch and magnetic shifter paddles will make a big difference but those will be available for the ClubSport Formula V2 wheels and the Universal Hub (Xbox) so you can easily upgrade the existing wheels.
    Wait, so is this "podium wheel adapter" like a new universal hub? What's the difference? 

At this point I was planning on getting f1 2019/v2 formula rim and also the universal hub and fitting my own wheel. But pretty annoying if I buy the universal hub to then see the podium hub coming out.... and if it comes after dd1 release I end up having to buy either a temporary wheel to use or wait until either f1 2019/v2 or podium wheel adapter comes out.

Don't like to complain, but I feel quite confused, I don't know what's coming and when. Had I already had a fanatec wheel I wouldn't worry as I'd have a rim to run on the DD, but now I don't and I'd like to avoid buying temporary wheels or worse, buy a wheel I think I want but then a podium replacement I prefer comes out after DD release that I didn't know about.

Would be greatful if some things could be cleared up!
    +1 Would be great if we knew about the 2019 plan regarding podium series and rims: - Will Podium wheelbase (only) for PS4 be separately available, and if yes, when? - When will the podium hub and rims be available and for how much? Thanks for all the great products.
  • Sorry guys but I can't found anything about it, how I can replace the buttons caps? Nothing about it on the quick guide. 

Thanks!
  • Sorry guys but I can't found anything about it, how I can replace the buttons caps? Nothing about it on the quick guide. 

Thanks!
    Just need to pull them off, then clip the new ones on. My understanding is that they can be a bit difficult to pry off as it's hard to get a good grip on them with just your fingers, so you may want to use whatever tool you may have handy that allows you to get under the cap to pop it off, or some pliers.

Thanks!
    Just need to pull them off, then clip the new ones on. My understanding is that they can be a bit difficult to pry off as it's hard to get a good grip on them with just your fingers, so you may want to use whatever tool you may have handy that allows you to get under the cap to pop it off, or some pliers.

Thanks so much Eric for the support!
  • Can anyone compare the F1 2018 LE with Formula V2 (red)? Is there any additional flex when bottom part is cut out? Or some other advantages/disadvantages between those two wheels?
    Hi Ivan,

i hade both. The LE 2018 has a bit of flex. The V2 is a lot stiffer. I could not feel any flex at all. Buildquality wise, the LE 2018 is better than the V2. At least in my case. The alcanthara on the LE felt a lot better than on the V2. The V2's alcanthara feels more like the P1 elite in my opinion. Otherwise the wheels are identical to me.
    Sorry guys but I can't found anything about it, how I can replace the buttons caps? Nothing about it on the quick guide. 

Thanks!
    I wouldn’t use pliers at the risk of scratching or cracking the cap. Easiest way is to use a pair of eyebrow pluckers with it open place under the cap and you can lift them off in a more balanced manner.
  • Is there a known issue with these rims? 

I unbox it, stick it on a 2.5 base.

It rotates, a fanatec F appears on the lcd panel.

I try to change it to x box compatibility, nothing happens. I press every button, noting happens, I depress the tuning button, nothing happens.

I have removed and installed the wheel on several occasion's but it still sits there lifeless.

The pins are all present though one on the bottom right, as you look at it, is recessed quite far, but this looks similar to my p1 wheel.

Anyone any ideas?

I try to change it to x box compatibility, nothing happens. I press every button, noting happens, I depress the tuning button, nothing happens.

I have removed and installed the wheel on several occasion's but it still sits there lifeless.

The pins are all present though one on the bottom right, as you look at it, is recessed quite far, but this looks similar to my p1 wheel.

Anyone any ideas?
    Do you have updated to driver 328 and updated the wheel base firmware?
    edited March 2019
    Is there a known issue with these rims? 

Anyone any ideas?
    I know it might seem obvious. Are you plugged into the Xbox One and pressing the bottom left black button (Center below 12ways) and center grey button (top right trio) simultaneously or Double Squares + Y if you have the Xbox button caps on?

Anyone any ideas?

No, because being an idiot I assumed that this was only relevant for a PC and not a console.

Anyone any ideas?

No, because being an idiot I assumed that this was only relevant for a PC and not a console.

This information is written in red in the Quick Guide. You have to update your wheel base before you can use the new Formula V2 wheel. After base and wheel are updated through driver 328 to versions 630 & 22 you can enjoy your new wheel :)
  • OK that makes sense. However, I have searched the net high and low. How am I supposed to get the firmware from the pc to an Xbox and get it working? Some instructions, somewhere, would be nice.
  • OK that makes sense. However, I have searched the net high and low. How am I supposed to get the firmware from the pc to an Xbox and get it working? Some instructions, somewhere, would be nice.
    You only need to connect the Base to a pc, install driver 328, update base and wheel firmware and then you can connect it back to the Xbox.
  • And using the right button COMBO, not just one button after the other :)
  • edited March 2019
    Just watch this one David
  • love the wheel , only disappointment is the joystick does not function as the right joystick on the controller for Xbox,

joe rugo said:
    love the wheel , only disappointment is the joystick does not function as the right joystick on the controller for Xbox,

Joysticks don't mimic left and right as on the controller? Not possible to move around the map (Horizon4) or look left/right?   :(
  • joe rugojoe rugo Member
    edited March 2019
    @joseph Gossen,   the #1 button functions as the Dpad  the #2 joystick has no function[ it is a third A button option when pressed]  in FM7 the right controller joy stick controls look around as well as scrolling through some of the information in the tuning menu.  So not having the second joystick requires use of the controller which at times necessitates restarting your wheel.  minor issue, but would be nice to have.  Haven't used the wheel in Horizon so not sure on that.  Still love the wheel as well as the McLaren, either is a great choice
    Good to know that you can now scroll the info in Forza. Looking forward to getting my Monday.
  • If we're supposed to start using the set screw that came in the box with the Formula wheel, then please consider relieving the slot in the QD a bit more.  I've already marred the aluminum of the QD sleeve because it wouldn't quite rotate enough to let the set screw through, even with me trying to keep it lined up while removing the screw.
  • If we're supposed to start using the set screw that came in the box with the Formula wheel, then please consider relieving the slot in the QD a bit more.  I've already marred the aluminum of the QD sleeve because it wouldn't quite rotate enough to let the set screw through, even with me trying to keep it lined up while removing the screw.
    The screw is only optional and not required at all.