The wait is over! Clubsport Wheel Base V2 and Shifter are on the way to customers

Comments

• Dont tease me Thomas please about to send V1 in for repair now not sure weather to wait the extra week for new  V2 base so i can keep playing ffb cut out or not please update accounts asap so we know this for sure.

• Juhee die ersten Bases werden ausgeliefert. Was will man mehr. Danke Thomas!!!
  • What about the XBOX ONE wheels? Guess the designs should be finalized, would like to order right away. 

Project CARS has been delayed :((

Time management trainings should help to make customers happy...:))
  • Yes I have the same question. I am ordering the new CSW V2 next week and would like to know more info about when the Xbox One wheel with be available.

Oh by the way. I noticed no one has asked this question. How are we going to use our mics on the xbox one if there is no jack for us to plug into on the V2 base?

There are no microphone plugs on Xbox One wheels so you will need to use a separate head set or Kinect. I cannot say anything about a release date but I was quite happy to hear the new release date of pCARS.

So, we're looking at March at the very earliest for any more news then??

I think he is hinting that it will be released in our hands by then so that we can play project cars with it on March 15th
    I certainly hope so. We need some firm news, release dates, designs, prices, etc, asap so we can decide which product to order to fit our needs.
  • wie schön
    das warten hat ein ende

\:D/ 
    \m/
  • CAN'T WAIT!!! but I guess I will have to
    :-\"
  • Yes I have the same question. I am ordering the new CSW V2 next week and would like to know more info about when the Xbox One wheel with be available.

Oh by the way. I noticed no one has asked this question. How are we going to use our mics on the xbox one if there is no jack for us to plug into on the V2 base?

There are no microphone plugs on Xbox One wheels so you will need to use a separate head set or Kinect. I cannot say anything about a release date but I was quite happy to hear the new release date of pCARS.

So, we're looking at March at the very earliest for any more news then??

I think he is hinting that it will be released in our hands by then so that we can play project cars with it on March 15th
    I certainly hope so. We need some firm news, release dates, designs, prices, etc, asap so we can decide which product to order to fit our needs.
    yeah i want a round shaped wheel for about $200 and not just an F1 rim and everything else over $300
  • We need a universal xbox one hub that we can add any of the wheels available now. @-)
  • For all of you in the wait, 18min of gameplay with the CSW v2 on Assetto Corsa, with increasing FFB power (+20% every 3 laps, from 60 to 120%. Assetto ffb gain: 50%).

Have fun watching :)

• This is crap.

My Shifter has been on order since April, over 6 months waiting and still have not received any date or expected date to receive my order.

I was also told my order for the CSWB V2 will be after mid November when they will be ready, but now I see this post saying they are being sent out now, well maybe not to us in Australia, we get left behind again?

What the hell is going on?

• Thanks, John, for the video. Enjoyed that. Your best setting for CSW ffb, looked like 80%? The 100% and 120% looked like they could be exhausting over a long race. 
    Cheers!
  • In mp race conditions, and with assetto ffb gain@50 and FF@100 on the wheelbase, FOR 60-70 with the F1 rim, and +20 to that if I play with the GT rim. Good grip feeling, and not too much a handicap for laptimes.

Even at this level it is already exhausting for me when doing 2 consecutives 30min mp races. Room temp increases from 21/22°C to 24/25 and I'm turning on a ceiling fan during the race to limit sweating^^  More ffb power would indeed become very exhausting for 2x 30min races, unless you are stronger than I am (I weight a bit more than 80kg). 
  • David ShafferDavid Shaffer Member
    edited October 2014

Nothing to see here. My mistake. LOL!!!!

• Denise,

As has been mentioned many times. The code does NOT correlate with a price. It just enables you to pre-purchase the wheel base itself. The price is standard for everyone with a code and to get the $499 price, you needed to be one of the first pre-order customers.

As the availability date gets closer and as the wait time gets shorter, Fanatec are going to continue to increase the price closer to full RRP.

So I would suggest pre-ordering at $529 now if you are interested in still getting the best possible discount.
  • When are the next set of invites going out?
  • Woo! Just ordered! Thank you Thomas for offering me the $75 discount! You did not need to give us discounts, and I appreciate it. Now, I wait for the official Xbox One rim. :D
  • Denise,

As has been mentioned many times. The code does NOT correlate with a price. It just enables you to pre-purchase the wheel base itself. The price is standard for everyone with a code and to get the $499 price, you needed to be one of the first pre-order customers.

As the availability date gets closer and as the wait time gets shorter, Fanatec are going to continue to increase the price closer to full RRP.

So I would suggest pre-ordering at $529 now if you are interested in still getting the best possible discount.

Thank you for your response.

• really need an update on the rim for the xbox one so i don't have v2 for pc with no xbox support forcing me to keep my TX.
  • Landon,

Thomas has already replied saying that Fanatec would rather decline comment at this stage that give false information or quote an unachievable lead time. They will give us an update when they can. However I wouldn't be expecting one until Q2 2015.
  • Memo to all console owners:
    Blow up or sell your consoles. I've been playing P CARS for 2 years now on pc. T10 has been upscaling the same game for what... 3 iterations (and it's not getting better. And gt5/6, well you can still plug in a good old USB to the PS3 and voila! It works.
    Iracing, rfactor, and simbin (or whatever they are calling themselves) actually read their own forums, and give at least act like they give a s#%* about what is said there. Think about it, when was the last time Dan Greenwalt and his "team" at turn 10 actually said anything to anyone except, basically, "our gamers don't know what they are talking about (should have added "eff you suckers, "we" haven't done anything to Forza for almost a decade, and Yall keep buying it.") ..btw.. I'm convinced it's like him and maybe an intern or two working at t10, mostly on PR... I say this because, I, alone could have turned fm5 in to fm6 if I was paid to work full time on the upscaling and smoke effect improvements all by myself.
    Anyway, I resisted too... It's time to give up while your ps4/ex-bone's are still worth enough to build a decent pc.
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Anyone know if the wheel base V2 works on Mac? if so do any of the current steering wheels work as well?

• Josha CraigJosha Craig Member
    edited October 2014
    Memo to all console owners:
    Blow up or sell your consoles. I've been playing P CARS for 2 years now on pc. T10 has been upscaling the same game for what... 3 iterations (and it's not getting better. And gt5/6, well you can still plug in a good old USB to the PS3 and voila! It works.
    Iracing, rfactor, and simbin (or whatever they are calling themselves) actually read their own forums, and give at least act like they give a s#%* about what is said there. Think about it, when was the last time Dan Greenwalt and his "team" at turn 10 actually said anything to anyone except, basically, "our gamers don't know what they are talking about (should have added "eff you suckers, "we" haven't done anything to Forza for almost a decade, and Yall keep buying it.") ..btw.. I'm convinced it's like him and maybe an intern or two working at t10, mostly on PR... I say this because, I, alone could have turned fm5 in to fm6 if I was paid to work full time on the upscaling and smoke effect improvements all by myself.
    Anyway, I resisted too... It's time to give up while your ps4/ex-bone's are still worth enough to build a decent pc.
    plenty of nonracing game console exclusives that make the consoles worth it. Also you can't build a decent PC for the resale value of a PS4 or xbox one, which is under $350. A decent GPU costs that much. 

The pCARS recommended requirements is 
    CPU – 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7 3700, 4.0 GHz AMD FX-8350
    The intel proc is $300 and the AMD is $180
    GRAPHICS – nVidia GT600 series, AMD Radeon HD7000 series
    The cheapest GT600 series card is $90 and the Radeon is $140
    MEMORY – 8Gb RAM, 2Gb VRAM
    8GB of memory is $70
    Just those components are $340 and you still need case,motherboard,power supply, hard drive, and Windows. 

• Memo to all console owners:
    Says the over-entitled child that, in reality, would give anything to be lucky enough to work at Turn10. Don't even have a clue as to the amount of effort it takes to recreate a track like Nürburgring in Forza 5. You probably couldn't tell me what an alpha channel is without searching google for it, let alone have any clue how to actually make particle effects. Grow up before someone teaches you a lesson, you wouldn't want to ruin that baby face of yours.
  • edited October 2014
    Did it ever occur to you that most people, like me, own a console to play many other games , besides racing, that will never see daylight on PC!!!!!
  • Just received my Clubsport shifter SQ V1.5, after a long wait. Very impressed with the quality...my old Fanatec shifter now feels like a cheap toy more than ever.
    Thanks Fanatec!
  • Landon,

Thomas has already replied saying that Fanatec would rather decline comment at this stage that give false information or quote an unachievable lead time. They will give us an update when they can. However I wouldn't be expecting one until Q2 2015.
    hmm might as well sell the v2 and make some money. my tx is doing just fine on pc and xbox... don't really care to wait and i can get another v2 when the xbox and ps4 compatibility are out
    Memo to all console owners:
    does it occur to you that people playing racing games on both consoles and pc?
  • edited October 2014
    That's also a big concern of me Landon.... I also had the privilege to pre order, THANX to a fellow blogger from the Netherlands.
    But what if Fanatec brings out a cool racing wheel, like the GT3 RS before they come up with a V2 Forza look a like steering wheel or something dull. And how long will it take before they present it.....and yeah I DO understand Thomas can't give that info yet. But what advantage has a pre-order if you can't even use it. And off course my V2 will be unboxed until A wheel arrives at my door! Causing the warranty to age while not using it!

I also think it's a little loss that even Fanatec....the third party creating a wheel with the breath on their shoulder from M$ and T10, lack to have the XOne wired headset Jack.
  • Head set jack is a big disappointment. And, there does not seem to be a solution from 3rd party. MS does not have one. Neither do the other head set suppliers (eg. Turtle Bay). They all require you transmit through the hand controller. I don't want to use the Kinect, don't want MS watching what I do. I know, people suggest put a cover over the Kinect, but what kind of solution is that. This lack of Headset communication outside the hand controller is a huge over site by everyone. Now, is there a USB antenna adapter that could plug into the USB port on the Xbox One, and communicate wi-fi, like other devices that connect to a home network? Perhaps take it one step further and MS or 3rd party (Fanatec, are you listening?) work up an adapter to connect to the Xbox One headset (and others) NOT to the hand controller, and transmit that way. 
    On a positive note, I just received notification, yesterday, that my invoice for my pre-order has been processed and I will be getting emails soon updating on the shipping status. Now, I have to decide on a rim. Any suggestions? :-)
  • @ Thomas, 
    Ho notato che la data di consegna per gli ordini di oggi è stata rinviata al 30 gennaio, 2015. 

Spero che questo ritardo non è esteso a coloro che hanno già fatto il pre-ordine per qualche tempo. 

Le sarei grato se poteste darci conferma. 

grazie 

Gianfranco
  • @ Thomas, 
    I noticed that the delivery date for orders today has been postponed to January 30, 2015. 

I hope that this delay is not extended to those who have already done the pre-order for some time. 

I would be grateful if you could give us confirmation. 

thanks 

Gianfranco