Data Safety

2»

Comments

• Cloud password managers are just as good in my opinion like Lastpass (also free), just remember to add two-factor authentication if you want to add that extra layer of security or do this: When you set passwords in websites, only save part of the password in your password manager. Example: a password on Fanatec.com could be ThisIsACoolWebsitexxxx, where the x's are your pincode. Only save ThisIsACoolWebsite in your password manager and then just type that pincode of yours whenever the password field is prefilled by your password manager. Then in case your password manager is hacked, none of the passwords will be of use to anyone (since you don't save your pincode).
  • edited April 2019
    Thanks!
  • Allen DerushaAllen Derusha Member
    edited August 2019
    Let me make sure I have this straight.  I give my information to Fanatec, Fanatec can't keep it secure, so the response is to tell me how to secure my own setup.  Hey guys, I'm doing just fine keeping my account details secure, except for when I gave them to you.  Maybe spend less time explaining to me how I could use a password manager on my side, and more time on your side keeping the information I've entrusted to you secured.

This feels like an attempt to shift the blame onto the victim here.  It's not appreciated.
  • edited August 2019
    Second time this year? This time with CC-data? Not good....
  • Yes Mine leaked for the second time too can Fanatec answer if I need to cancel my bank card please?
  • Saying you regret our lost data is unacceptable. Change our password on every account is unacceptable. You say you take our information seriously is crap how many more breeches are acceptable for Fanatec. Poor form no apology just empty words
  • I'm hearing some people are getting notified and getting vouchers, but not me. What's going on with data breach 2.0?
  • I'm hearing some people are getting notified and getting vouchers, but not me. What's going on with data breach 2.0?
    Same here
  • When are you implementing 2FA???
  • I know my account was hacked and I got nothing but problems still