Let us know what you think about your new tool!

Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
edited October 2014 in Blog
Matt Malone made this very funny unboxing video live on Twitch and then posted it on Youtube.

If you just received your CSW B V2 then please go ahead and let us know in the comments to this post what you think about it!

Enjoy
:))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UUzx0a_X3EW7I4cm7uedTG6Q&v=uuZQYIs1zOk

Comments

• I will let you know what I think when you start shipping to Australia and I receive my pre order.
  • Can't wait to receive mine and do tons of product photography of this wicked V2 wheel base in the sim racing market.
  • Got the CSW 2 yesterday and two others products today. The CSW 2 is the last part of my first Fanatec bundle with CSW V2, CS Shifter SQ, CS 918 RSR RIM, Universal Hub with Round 1 RIM, CS Formula RIM, Handbrake, CS Pedals V2.

The first tests starts yesterday (Assetto Corsa, RaceRoom DTM Experience). And the next tests today with my Codemaster titles.

The CSW is strong. Very strong, and quick. I had to reduce the Max-FFB to 60% inside the CSW, because I'm not strong enough.
  • Simon MaltbySimon Maltby Member
    edited October 2014

I love this video.  Made me laugh out loud when I first saw it a couple of days ago.

My CSW V2 is due today with the F1 Carbon rim.

EDIT: It's arrived and it's lurvly :x

I already have the Hub and a Momo Mod 30 rim all unused and ready for action.

• The wheelbase just arrived. But I will not unbox it yet; why; because there is no wheel  I can play with my XBOX One :(

Hope to get soon some answers from Fanatec regarding this issue Thomas :)
  • edited October 2014
    I can do a wrapping video when my CSW V2 will arrive as I will put it under the Christmas tree  Will I find some checkered flag wrapping paper ? :-S
  • edited October 2014
    The wheelbase just arrived. But I will not unbox it yet; why; because there is no wheel  I can play with my XBOX One :(

Hope to get soon some answers from Fanatec regarding this issue Thomas :)
    Then other folks in need of the base like me could have had better use of it.. I have to wait till 8th December, and I ordered mine 30th September... :-( No wheel untill then, and I am stuck with a silly 360 controller.. 
  • Matt FergusonMatt Ferguson Member
    edited October 2014

• I received mine today as well  :) Thank you Fanatec! :x

On a side note, I checked Ebay, after reading about some people selling their V2 there in another blog post, (I can assure you that I will NOT sell mine!!) I did not find any that have listed the V2 Base itself, but found several that were selling their invites for buying the V2! 

In my opinion that is the lowest of the low!! They could easily have transferred their invite to another Fanatec customer that were less fortunate to get one, instead of making business out of Fanatec goodwill towards their customer base.
  • Great Video. :)  Mine is shipping today. :)
    Ordered on Sept. 25, 2014
    shipping on Oct. 28, 2014.  
    :D
  • My csw v2 has already been shipped and still no second code. When do I get my second code?

• My csw v2 has already been shipped and still no second code. When do I get my second code?

I haven't even received my 1st code....  I've bought a bunch of Fanatec gear over the last 5 years, but I guess I'm not loyal enough?...  :-/
  • Just noticed something funny in the headline of this blog "Let us know what you think about your new toy!". 

Kinda ironic, Thomas, considering you have " Hello Realism Goodbye Toys" written on the front page of the manual :P
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    Dillon,
    Good point! I could not resist to change the title now :)

Robert,
    we are sending out several hundred codes everyday. You will get your code for sure.
  • Still looking for my second code here already received my V2 and loving it. I have owned a Thrustmaster T500, a Logitech G27, a CSR Elite now the V2 the V2 is with out a doubt the best wheel and base I have ever owned!
  • David ShafferDavid Shaffer Member
    edited October 2014
    My csw v2 has already been shipped and still no second code. When do I get my second code?

I haven't even received my 1st code....  I've bought a bunch of Fanatec gear over the last 5 years, but I guess I'm not loyal enough?...  :-/

Robert if you get your email to me before anyone else I will send my extra code to you. I am glad to give it to someone that will not sell it. I refuse to sell it. But would be glad to give it to a loyal Fanatec customer.

Just remember to send me your Fanatec email and not one you have not registered with Fanatec.

Regards,

Denise

• Are we able to get any idea please as to when the first orders will be sent out in Australia?
  • edited October 2014
    @Thomas

Hi, Is there some differences in the codes given? I have a buddy who got his base last week, and he ordered the V2 base September 27th, and I ordered mine September 30th, but mine isn't shipped yet.. Can you please explain this? ;-) Both EU codes.

Best Regards
  • Thought this topic was for people letting us know what they think off their new owned 'realism' not nagging on about what all other topics are full of...
    Time to clean up some blogs Thomas?
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    So will I be able to use my CSW Base V2 with anything else until I get the XBoxOne steering wheel?
    I have Xbox360 and a Mac.
  • Trevor GeddisTrevor Geddis Member
    edited October 2014
    I'll be happy to tell you how my base looks and feels tomorrow when it arrives. Just got word from tracking it has passed Canada Customs and is in the hands of Canada Post. Should be here tomorrow. I won't be able to tell you much more, though. I, too, am waiting for the Xbox One enabled wheels to be released. At that time, I'll be able to comment more. 
    We are getting closer, though.
    Cheers! every one.
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    I'll be happy to tell you how my base looks and feels tomorrow when it arrives. Just got word from tracking it has passed Canada Customs and is in the hands of Canada Post. Should be here tomorrow. I won't be able to tell you much more, though. I, too, am waiting for the Xbox One enabled wheels to be released. At that time, I'll be able to comment more. 
    Cheers! every one.
    I'm in Canada as well. Supposed to ship mine in December
  • So will I be able to use my CSW Base V2 with anything else until I get the XBoxOne steering wheel?
    I have Xbox360 and a Mac.

No 360 support.

Mac? Yes as long as you run Bootcamp. Are there any racing games for Mac OS?

Robert,
    we are sending out several hundred codes everyday. You will get your code for sure.
    Thomas. Are you sending codes for Wave 2 yet? Have any info on the criteria for choosing who goes first in that group? :)
  • Wave 2 is underway. I recieved my code on October 20. I was way up on the list as my previous CSP V1 order is from 2009. And, I'm in North America.
  • Wave 2 is underway. I recieved my code on October 20. I was way up on the list as my previous CSP V1 order is from 2009. And, I'm in North America.

Thanks for the info!

I would still like some info on what the criteria are. In other blog threads there was one guy who has exactly the same order as mine old one (PWGT2, CSPv1, RSWS, PSS) but his was from August 2011 and mine from December 2010. He has a code. I don't.

I also have a CSP tuning kit and RF dongle ordered in May 2011, but they didn't seem to help. So something else is used. I probably wasn't as active on the forums :P

Will be waiting patiently. Seems like the wheelbase wont com until Jan 2015 anyways.

• V2 received. This base is absolutely awesome. The V1 was already pretty good but you've done the V2 really better.
    The most impressive are the sensation in the middle.
    I discover new sensations 

:)  
  • I'll be happy to tell you how my base looks and feels tomorrow when it arrives. Just got word from tracking it has passed Canada Customs and is in the hands of Canada Post. Should be here tomorrow. I won't be able to tell you much more, though. I, too, am waiting for the Xbox One enabled wheels to be released. At that time, I'll be able to comment more. 
    Cheers! every one.
    I'm in Canada as well. Supposed to ship mine in December
    I received note from Fanatec on 12/9/14 that I would be receiving a code. Got the code on 17/9/14, placed my order. Was confirmed on 18/9/14. Received confirmation the order to ship was placed with USPS on 20/10/14. And tracking shows it went through Canada Post 27/10/14. 
    Now, need the Xbox One Compatible wheel. (I know, I'm repeating myself). Still happy with the progress. Cheers!
  • Trevor GeddisTrevor Geddis Member
    edited October 2014

I Deleted this info, sorry, never mind
  • Thomas. Are you permitted to show a prototype of the Xbox One Wheel we will be getting for the CSW V2?  ;;)

Regards,

Denise.

• Thomas. Are you permitted to show a prototype of the Xbox One Wheel we will be getting for the CSW V2?  ;;)

Regards,

Denise.

[-O<