Let us know what you think about your new tool!

Comments

• If anyone has a code, I'll love to get the base. I'm looking to move my entire kit over to Fanatec.
  • Received the Base yesterday. Installation was easy.
    Installed Beta Diver v205, Attached the formula rim on the new base, then i installed firmware update up to v065 on the base. 
    With Assetto Corsa it feels awesome! FFB ist strong and precise. The immersion is stunning.

But with other games i had some issues.
    With Project Cars ,rfactor 2 and R3E there are no FFB effects when the wheel is off the center.
    Also the automatic change of steering lock that is used by rfactor 2 and R3E doesn't work. Steering lock always stay at 900°.
    I uninstalled the Base, the CSPv2 and the driver, deleted the installation folder, reboot the system an made a fresh installaton of the driver, reboot again and installed the CSW v2, installed Firmware v065 again and then the CSP v2. Same issues.
    Actually the new wheel base is not usable for me until I found a solution for that issues.
    OS is Win8.1 64bit,   

Regards
    Andreas
  • If anyone has a code, I'll love to get the base. I'm looking to move my entire kit over to Fanatec.
    If anyone has a code, I'll love to get the base. I'm looking to move my entire kit over to Fanatec.

I saw someone on the blog just put up there code there willing to give away in the US, I can't find it so browse and see if you can locate it.
  • My v2 arrived today, quick swap from my v1, up and running! All I can say is WOW!!!! Fantastic. I love my v1 but this is a massive step forward, the overall feeling of the wheel is brilliant, great work Fanatec.  now all we need is PS4 compatibility in time for project cars.
  • Received my V2 base today. Wonderfully smooooooooth, like silk. Loving it. Thank you Thomas for creating this really first class piece of kit.
  •  now all we need is PS4 compatibility in time for project cars.
    Since they havn't even announced PS4 compatibility, it might not be there by march. 
  • I know that it is probably impossible to answer to this question, but can we expect a PS4 wheel for Christmas ? Because without a rim, Christmas holidays + CSW V2 will feel a little bit like Tantale supplice  [-X

Since they havn't even announced PS4 compatibility, it might not be there by march. 
    I think Fanatec will come up with something.
  • I know that it is probably impossible to answer to this question, but can we expect a PS4 wheel for Christmas ? Because without a rim, Christmas holidays + CSW V2 will feel a little bit like Tantale supplice  [-X

With everything Thomas has written in the past few weeks. I would say no. But you never know. A few things going against getting the PS4 compatibility by Christmas. For one the PS4 requires a authorization chip unlike the PS3. Second Fanatec has committed to Microsoft a line of products to support the X1. This is taking some time with hopes to have something for the X1 ready March of 2015. By this Logic. If Thomas was to make a surprise announcement sometime this week or next that Sony has partnered with Fanatec to make products for the PS4 I would think it would be on the same production schedule as the X1. So you are looking at late April to early May. Of course this is all speculative.

Regards,

Denise.    

• edited October 2014
    Has any 1 used the CSW V2 with the PS3 & GT6 yet???
    Do the Rev Lights on the Porsche Rim work on GT6 Using the v2 base?
    and how does GT6 feel with the CSW V2 wheel better or the same? Im using my CSR Elite to play GT6 now and it feels pretty Good.

I bought the Porsche Rim just to use with PS3 until the Xbox 1 Rim comes out.

It's Fanatec, they are not good with getting products out quickly, X1 wheel will be out by March hopefully, but I think PS4 is going to more like 6 months to a year away, for whenever GT6HD/GT7 comes out. 

It's Fanatec, they are not good with getting products out quickly, X1 wheel will be out by March hopefully, but I think PS4 is going to more like 6 months to a year away, for whenever GT6HD/GT7 comes out. 
    There isn't really need for a wheel on PS4 until the next GT anyway. (I'm guessing GT7 will just be GT6-HD anyway right? We already know they recycle the bejesus out of their content, so yeah..) 

Hopefully those that do need a PS4 rim for Pcars(if it ever comes out) can just get it on the PC instead, this isn't the best situation for everyone, but atleast there are workarounds :/ 
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    So will I be able to use my CSW Base V2 with anything else until I get the XBoxOne steering wheel?
    I have Xbox360 and a Mac.

No 360 support.

Mac? Yes as long as you run Bootcamp. Are there any racing games for Mac OS?

Robert,
    we are sending out several hundred codes everyday. You will get your code for sure.
    Thomas. Are you sending codes for Wave 2 yet? Have any info on the criteria for choosing who goes first in that group? :)
    Yes on the Macbook I am playing Grid 2 reloaded, F1 2013 Classic edition and Dirt. I use the Xbox One controller for now. 
  • Yes on the Macbook I am playing Grid 2 reloaded, F1 2013 Classic edition and Dirt. I use the Xbox One controller for now. 
    Cool. Didn't know that. Never use my mac for gaming.

There isn't really need for a wheel on PS4 until the next GT anyway. (I'm guessing GT7 will just be GT6-HD anyway right? We already know they recycle the bejesus out of their content, so yeah..) 

Hopefully those that do need a PS4 rim for Pcars(if it ever comes out) can just get it on the PC instead, this isn't the best situation for everyone, but atleast there are workarounds :/ 
    Yeah the PC version will be the best anyway. 
  • edited October 2014
    Thomas want my csw v2 please.......
  • I have a code for the U.S. region first come first serve
  • I have a code for the U.S. region first come first serve

• Did some tests with the tuning options on the wheel and ingame settings that solve my problems with Project Cars and rfactor 2. I set damper to "off" tuning menu. It's not perfect but it works.
    R3E needs a new profile for the CSW v2. Still no FFB effects while cornering.
    Hopefully Sector 3 will add a new default profile for CSW v2 soon...
  • MARCH next year for the Xbox One wheel, did I get this right??????

I can't believe it. Please comment on this Thomas. This is ridiculous, you will be missing the whole winter business?? From March next year I will be having the "real" thing to drive in Sping and Summer.

Thought I could play at least Forza with the new wheel until Project CARS arrives. 

If i could make a wish, it would be great to have "standard - medium priced wheel" and a "premium wheel" just like for the pc players, or better some kind of technical upgrade/addon to the existing wheel for Xbox One compatibility including the security chip or whatever.

For me branding (Porsche, Ferrari etc.) has absolutely no priority, just the quality is important. Good leather, no plastic.

Best regards
    Alexander
  • No one said March...pure speculation.
    But I think it'll be a whole lot sooner...they allready have a Forza wheel as an example. So developing one don't seem that much to me. I think licencing had to do all about the use of Xbox home button. And then there's new firmware to be written and tested.
    And now production of V2 is at high speed, I hope Thomas has some news for us XOne owners pretty soon!

But that's just my five cents
  • David ShafferDavid Shaffer Member
    edited October 2014

Those of you (edited from "You guys" due to sensitivity concerns) complaining about it taking to long to get an Xbox one wheel have no idea about RFP's then design, setting up contracts with factories, testing, prototyping, certification and then production do you?  Do you realize that the announcement was just made Oct 3rd for an Xbox one wheel. I think from a manufacturing standpoint and production standpoint it is amazing that Thomas has even hinted that we would have a wheel in hand by March.

Regards,

Denise

• edited October 2014
    Ain't complaining Denise, I am just hoping hahaha

And...uhhhh....weren't you the one asking about a prototype? If it takes that long, like your mention....do they even have a proto yet? 
    ;)
  • For the PS4, it is only a firmware/driver problem, there is no real security chip, it is just what Sony says to hide to public that they just want to make money whit licenses.

If there was a security chip, the T500Rs would not work on the PS4.

• Trevor GeddisTrevor Geddis Member
    edited October 2014
    Hey, Denise. I am one of "You Guys". I am also a long time supporter and loyal customer of Fanatec. I have been very vocal on the positive when I acquired my first Porsche 911 TurboS wheel back in 2010. I extolled the virtues of Fanatac and their "built like a tank" engineering. I bragged on my new wheel on many race forums. Did the same when I upgraded to the CSR Elite base/wheel and bought the Elite pedals and the Formula Rim. I have absolutely no regrets about those acquisitions, and they all serve me well, still. We Guys were holding out on purchasing an Xbox One system, due to the fact that We Guys had lost compatibility with our current Fanatec systems and the Xbox One. OK, so we expected to move on with a new Fanatec base/rim and the new Xbox One. But that was not to be. So, We Guys voiced our dissapointment, me very much so. Then, when we were told a month or so ago that issues between Fanatec and MS had been resolved, and that there would be Xbox One compatibility, well the flood gates opened. We Guys who were not prepared to buy more Fanatec products unless there was Xbox One compatibility opened our wallets once again (happy to do so) with this great news. And, I had not purchased an Xbox One for that very same reason, but when the great news was announced, I went and bought the Xbox One/FM5 bundle. So, now I'm ready to get back on track, so to speak. Now we are told, no, hinted, that we might have an Xbox One compatible wheel come March. More delay, to take away from what should have been great news. My cynical side says the news of compatibility with Xbox One was a business move to get us fence-sitters to buy in. We Guys who race in the FM series of games had all said without the Xbox One, we would not be purchasing more Fanatec gear. Well, I guess the saying "Buyer Beware" might apply here. Lots of We Guys have bought the new base, but it will sit idle on our shelves, not those of Fanatec. Idle until the Xbox One rims are available. Then another frenzy of buying. I knew that would be part of the equation. And am prepared to wait. So, from positive comments, back to negative comments. Denise. Remember. We are the customers. It is our money that is funding all that Fanatec is. If we spend that money, and if we are not satisfied with the product or the service, or how our concerns are addressed, then We Guys will complain bitterly. I am prepaired to wait for the new Xbox One rims.  I don't know if you are a spokes person for Fanatec, but We Guys, especially this guy, does not need to be lectured on how long product development and implementation takes, nor scolded for expressing how we feel. I'm looking forward to the next "Great News" so I can get back to positive comments.     
  • Iracing runs on the mac. And I think there is 3 month free trial running. Best racing environment bar none due to the online race structure. And better physics after the last build.
  • David ShafferDavid Shaffer Member
    edited October 2014

Trevor, first. "Paragraphs are your friend" use them. It is much easier for all of us to read.

I am sorry to hear that the ONLY reason you are not buying a certain console is because of ONE company not making a wheel to YOUR schedule of need. I would think Fanatec would love to make products to coincide with the release of FM on the Xbox one or the PS4 for GT7. It only would mean more profit for them.

The phase 'you guys' refers to all. I am sure when Denise wrote that she was referring to people upset to the fact that they may need to wait awhile be it man or woman. I read what she wrote and I don't see anything incorrect with the logistics she surmised. You are taking what she wrote WAY out of context. Maybe you should switch to decaf.

I, like you, have bought several Fanatec products. CSR wheel. CSR elite wheel the org Xbox Fanatec wheel (god that thing was big). But I in no way feel that Fanatec owes me anything other than a great product.

Cheers hope to see you on the track.

Dave-

Oh and to answer your question, neither of us represent Fanatec nor work for Fanatec. We both just enjoy gaming. PC/X1/PS4/X360&PS3.

• The way I see it, bringing out the Xbox One rim taking some time is not a case of development or manufacturing but a matter of contract. Back in november of 2013, Microsoft and Thrustmaster signed a contract (1 year timed exclusive) allowing TM to be to only producer of racing peripherals for the Xbox One. This means, although Fanatec closed a deal with MS recently, they aren't allowed to bring out anything Xbox One compatible until TM's exclusivity ends (november 22nd...Forza 5's launch day). It also means that Thomas can't say a thing before that date. For what I know, the Xbox One compatible rim might be on the production line already (if you remember, they delayed the CSW V2 in order to do some more compatibility testing with the Xbox One...using the prototype rim I guess). Regarding the new wheels, we all know there are gonna be at least 1 Rim (for the CSW V2) and 1 wheel (CSR X1 or whatever). I wonder, will there be an F1 style Rim (for the CSW V2) Xbox One compatible as well?
  • Ain't complaining Denise, I am just hoping hahaha

And...uhhhh....weren't you the one asking about a prototype? If it takes that long, like your mention....do they even have a proto yet? 
    ;)

Yeah I am sure she would love to see the wheel ahead of time. I am thinking that's why she asked about a prototype. That would be cool though. Something to comment on and ask for feedback on.

Dave-

• Trevor GeddisTrevor Geddis Member
    edited October 2014

Trevor, first. "Paragraphs are your friend" use them. It is much easier for all of us to read.

I am sorry to hear that the ONLY reason you are not buying a certain console is because of ONE company not making a wheel to YOUR schedule of need. I would think Fanatec would love to make products to coincide with the release of FM on the Xbox one or the PS4 for GT7. It only would mean more profit for them.

The phase 'you guys' refers to all. I am sure when Denise wrote that she was referring to people upset to the fact that they may need to wait awhile be it man or woman. I read what she wrote and I don't see anything incorrect with the logistics she surmised. You are taking what she wrote WAY out of context. Maybe you should switch to decaf.

I, like you, have bought several Fanatec products. CSR wheel. CSR elite wheel the org Xbox Fanatec wheel (god that thing was big). But I in no way feel that Fanatec owes me anything other than a great product.

Cheers hope to see you on the track.

Dave-

Oh and to answer your question, neither of us represent Fanatec nor work for Fanatec. We both just enjoy gaming. PC/X1/PS4/X360&PS3.

I am so tempted. This is not a forum, so could easily digress. But, no, I said my piece. Cheers!