DD1 not sending power to Formula V2 rim?

Has anyone else had or fixed this problem? I was exiting pits after a spin and noticed I couldn't shift anymore, and rim screen was black. Tried the rim on my CSL and it works fine..

Shipping to canada took 33 days, and now after less than a week this comes up, so bummed :/

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pvd8zh1wddzo9m0/Video 2019-05-26, 12 52 15 AM.mov?dl=0

Comments

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Is the wheel rim on fully? Looks like a communication issue between the base and wheel. If you find it a tight fit getting the rim on you can add silicone or ptfe lube to help make sure it is all the way on. Do you have another rim to test as well?
  • edited May 2019
    Is the wheel rim on fully? Looks like a communication issue between the base and wheel. If you find it a tight fit getting the rim on you can add silicone or ptfe lube to help make sure it is all the way on. Do you have another rim to test as well?
    I don't have another rim unfortunately, and I am pretty sure the rim is on all the way, since it glides nicely until it hits the end. Maybe someone with a DD1 can confirm if this is in all the way (https://www.dropbox.com/s/i9pum23yd85yt79/Photo 2019-05-27, 11 45 55 AM.jpg?dl=0)?
  • Spin the wheel to look at the bottom side, you can see the screw hole through the slot, it should line up in the same relative location as it does on your other wheel base,
    I have the F1 2018 LE which is essentially the same and so far it is working fine.

Also I feel your pain with the delivery time, took 28 days for delivery to Toronto, they really need to give us more options than USPS/Canada Post.

Just reading back, you said it was working then it stopped so you must of had it seated properly at some point.

edited May 2019
    I have the DD1. I remember when swapping to my UHX it was disconnecting. After applying a bit of the silicone lube it has been a solid connection. CSP FV2 no issues. By the Photo it looks like there is still some space on the rubber seal.
  • Spin the wheel to look at the bottom side, you can see the screw hole through the slot, it should line up in the same relative location as it does on your other wheel base,
    I have the F1 2018 LE which is essentially the same and so far it is working fine.

Also I feel your pain with the delivery time, took 28 days for delivery to Toronto, they really need to give us more options than USPS/Canada Post.

Just reading back, you said it was working then it stopped so you must of had it seated properly at some point.

Screw hole is aligned (https://www.dropbox.com/s/ej3508ecmpk8s1t/Photo 2019-05-27, 12 13 12 PM.jpg?dl=0) , and yeah it worked for like 3 days before this. Nothing really happened before it failed, just coming out of pits after a normal spin.
    Which FW are you running? Does it show up in the driver window? Maybe try another FW and if it still is not working at that point  I would reach out to customer support. 

• Which FW are you running? Does it show up in the driver window? Maybe try another FW and if it still is not working at that point  I would reach out to customer support. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dcd1y45bahfmr7i/driver_version.PNG?dl=0
    and

I am in contact with support but hoped that maybe somebody had fixed a similar issue so I wouldn't have to wait another month..
  • edited May 2019
    Hmm so this is suggesting that the problem lies with the rim itself? Since he fixed it with a new wheel?

That would be weird, because my rim works fine when trying with a friend's CSL elite.

There does seem to be a small gap between the red cylinder and the metal ring, and there is a couple mm of the rubber locking mechanism showing, but I am pushing everything in as far as it can go..
  • Gerald NGerald N Member
    edited May 2019
    It looks like its not seating fully, have you tried lubing the rubber as suggested with CRC dielectric grease?
  • I have the same problem on my DD2 since yesterday...Someone can help us?

• I have the same problem on my DD2 since yesterday...Someone can help us?
    fyi fanatec has initiated an RMA for both my dd1 and rim
  • ...i sent them two e-mail...but i'm still waiting for an answer... :-(
  • i have the same problems for 2 weeks DD2