F1 2019 Game Key Not Redeemed? (PS4)

Weston HermanWeston Herman Member
edited June 2019 in F1 20xx
I received the email this morning with the Legends Edition game key on PS4 but when I went to redeem the code on the PlayStation store it said the code may not be correct or may no longer be valid. I put in a random code and the same message popped up.

Does this mean my code has not be activated yet or did I get an incorrect code? 

If anyone else has had this issue or has found a solution please let me know it would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Im experiencing the same.
  • my code worked as advertised, I didn't use capitals or dashes.
    Hopefully you guys problem will be resolved soon
  • edited June 2019
    same here. didn't work.
  • Where so you enter the code?
  • Same error message here. My code from the email received does not work.
  • Glad to know I’m not the only one with this issue. I don’t think it’s an issue with me putting in the code wrong, I’ve tried putting it in with and without caps and dashes. Maybe Fanatec didn’t redeem it on their end so it’s not an active code yet I’m not too sure. Hopefully this issue is resolved soon
  • Aaron ScottAaron Scott Member
    edited June 2019
    Its well into realase day in the USA for legends edition, but One of the stellar agents say its not released in the us before checking the store, typical fanatec support. You tell them the sky is blu, they say no, u show them an image, they say I hope it stays that way for you and thats all after they get their $2k. So far all fanatec can do right buy me the 1st try is take my money and leave me wondering how i let it happen again, im just being honest? They even charged me extra for a signature for a digital code delivery to my email?
  • Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
    Aaron, there does appear to be an issue with some US keys (specific to the PS4 version). The sales team is working with Codemasters and Sony to resolve this as soon as possible. Apologies for the inconvenience.
    edited June 2019
    Dom_ your a nice dude, but im having trouble controlling myself in regards to my fanatec experience lately. Im gonna try and be patient, because it seems an effort is being made here and we have had + interactions in the past on utub and gtp, have them give my wife back the fiver too!
  • dominic,   thank you for the information.
  • Same here for me. Key appears to be inactive.

I opened a support ticket and got a reply from Fanatec Sales Team from Germany that that "according to Codemasters the PS4 version in US will be available for download 12 AM eastern time".

Please have this issue fixed. Fellow league racers have the game running and are already practicing for the next race :)

• Same here, says prepaid card cannot be redeemed, try again later. ?! I'd like to check the game put after work, I hope this is straightened out before then. Love my new podium wheel though! Thanks for an awesome product!
    Dom_ your a nice dude, but im having trouble controlling myself in regards to my fanatec experience lately. Im gonna try and be patient, because it seems an effort is being made here and we have had + interactions in the past on utub and gtp, have them give my wife back the fiver too!
    Thanks for your patience Aaron. In this case it was completely out of our control. We sent out a vast number of keys to our customers today in multiple regions, on the trust that they would all work (and indeed the vast majority of them have worked). It's a big operation that relies on external parties to get many details correct. Hopefully we can give you an update soon.
  • This is ridiculous, they had alot of time to prepare for this. Thanks for the information.
  • I just spoke with someone at PSN and they checked the game key for me and said it was good. I dont think this is a Fanatec problem everyone, PSN member said keep trying and it should work, could be network issues on playstations end or could have something to do with that big outage a few days ago?
  • I have a new message, "rate limit exceeded" so maybe I will have to give my fingers a rest.
  • My code finally works. I just kept checking to see every once in a while and it just worked for me. I guess we just have to give it some time. Hope everything works out for the rest of you with the issue and that it resolves for you soon.
  • YES! Worked for me too.
  • Nope, not yet ? So i have to w8 till thw 27th now?
  • Still nothing and we are waiting for German time tomorrow im sure?
    We've received confirmation from Sony that the US PS4 keys are working now.
    edited June 2019
    :-L
  • We've received confirmation from Sony that the US PS4 keys are working now.
    Still not working for me. I guess I'll just buy the pc version?
    edited June 2019
    :-@
  • Mr Brennan, it worked finally. I appreciate everything, see you on the track!
  • Over 24 hours now. Could you please send us a new key that works, we have tried all methods of entry, waited over 24hrs and enough is enough.
  • still not working help us please.

:-@
    Over 24 hours now. Could you please send us a new key that works, we have tried all methods of entry, waited over 24hrs and enough is enough.
    still not working help us please.
    I have sent you all PMs.
  • dominic, it worked thank you, thank you!!!!!!
  • I was emailed a key for the PC version. If it's for Steam...it doesn't work.