Display on the CSL Elite P1 for XBox One

edited August 2019 in Steering Wheels
I just took delivery of the Club Sport 2.5 with the CSL Elite Wheel P1 for XBox One. I have 2 questions:

1) Where is the Rev Counter and Display on the wheel explained? Right now it displays digital revs and there is one multi-colored light which changes as the revs increase. Can this display be changed? If so, How? Don't refer me to that vague ambiguous 'manual' that came with the wheel. The authors certainly aren't getting paid by the word.

2) Where are all these acronyms defined that these manuals throw around like confetti? A bunch of acronyms each referring to another sends the reader searching to find out what the instructions are trying to say. Something very simple gets turned into a time-wasting journey because of this. Is this a test? A race to see who can finish the setup without slitting his wrists first? If it is a race I'm about to be lapped.

Comments

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
    edited August 2019
    I just took delivery of the Club Sport 2.5 with the CSL Elite Wheel P1 for XBox One. I have 2 questions:

1) Where is the Rev Counter and Display on the wheel explained? Right now it displays digital revs and there is one multi-colored light which changes as the revs increase. Can this display be changed? If so, How? Don't refer me to that vague ambiguous 'manual' that came with the wheel. The authors certainly aren't getting paid by the word.

2) Where are all these acronyms defined that these manuals throw around like confetti? A bunch of acronyms each referring to another sends the reader searching to find out what the instructions are trying to say. Something very simple gets turned into a time-wasting journey because of this. Is this a test? A race to see who can finish the setup without slitting his wrists first? If it is a race I'm about to be lapped.
    Hi John,

The wheel display and rev indicators are controlled by game telemetry, activated by game developers through our SDK. This is why some games make use of the display and rev lights differently. Making changes to this output has not been user accessible without third party software, but our upcoming PC software will allow more flexibility.

Please could you list the acronyms you are referring to and I will try to assist.

[edit] Note: I've removed the other thread as it was a duplicate.
  • edited August 2019
    Thank you for your response. I haven't accumulated a list of the mysterious acronyms unfortunately. I was hoping you had one. Many tech manuals in other fields have such a list when they are used extensively. You did, however, just use one, and you used it as if it's common knowledge, and it may be just that for some.
    SDK lemme guess - Software Development Klub? lol
  • Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
    Thank you for your response. I haven't accumulated a list of the mysterious acronyms unfortunately. I was hoping you had one. Many tech manuals in other fields have such a list when they are used extensively. You did, however, just use one, and you used it as if it's common knowledge, and it may be just that for some.
    SDK lemme guess - Software Development Klub? lol
    I don't have a glossary of terms unfortunately, but it's something we can work on.

SDK stands for Software Development Kit. It's a fairly standard term used across the hardware technology space: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_development_kit

Our SDK is freely available to all game developers and we encourage them to use it. The only way to support the full range of Fanatec hardware features is to tightly integrate our SDK into the game software. Because it requires work from the game developer side, it means that not every racing game behaves in the same way with our products. This is one of the reasons why we have a Tuning Menu, which allows you to make on-the-fly adjustments across multiple presets.

Please let me know if you are stuck on any abbreviations or acronyms. The ones that spring to mind are in the Tuning Menu - these are regularly abbreviated as this is how they are displayed on our wheels. The V2.5 manual explains these in full however (pages 26 to 29).
  • edited August 2019
    Thanks
  • I just received a new clubsport F1 esports wheel and I will be using it on F1 2017. It is my understanding that SDK is needed to get the LED readout to display gears, brake pressure etc. Is this add-on available and if so how do I obtain it?