Black Friday: Save 200,- on a CSW V2 Bundle with two rims

Comments

• It's nice to see positive comments. People love to write negative comments but rarely do they take the time to tell of the positives. I've always had great experiences with Fanatec CS.
  • Nice to see the sale is still on.  Thank You
  • Would it be possible to extend the sale for another day?  I just missed it!  Dang!
  • What the hell?

So I ordered a V2 (plus extras) back in September. I get an email this morning that my planned shipping date is now delayed for at least two weeks.

So after waiting over 2 months for my order they decide to delay it just when I'm supposed to receive it (08/12/14)

So pissed off Fanatec - this really screws up all holiday plans.

I sincerely hope this hasn't been caused by all your Black Friday bullshit?
  • I ordered in September and just received the following email which is a shame :-(

Dear Valued Customer,

Today our carrier has informed us about some shipping delays. We are so sorry that your order of the ClubSport Wheel Base V2 is affected by this matter.

The current estimated shipping date is delayed to end of December 2014. Please be aware that we will do our best to re-ship the ordered goods after the customs clearances process at the earliest date as possible, we hope we can send your order before Christmas.

We fully understand if you are not willing to wait for such a long time to obtain your order. Of course, you can withdraw your order at any time. We would then refund the pre-payments immediately.

We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences arising by this shipping delay.
  • edited December 2014
    ... the same here in Italy.... placed the order in september... at the same time I sold the old CWB... and now I got the delay email.... bad bad move....

Fabry
  • Same mail here, ordered on Sep 30th
  • Same here! ordered, September 26th! Wel we wait a little longer than. Hope it ships before Christmas! Busy times for Fanatec! 
  • Is the delay europe only?
  • i would actually be happy with an end of December 2014 ship date. i ordered on Oct 8 with a ship date of Dec 8th. When i previously asked for an update they told me early December ship date. I sent email yesterday requesting and update and now they tell me end of January 2015. Sad news :( i hope this is not true and i am still part of the shipment that is currently being held in customs 
  • I have no problem with the delay and would be happy with later December. My proposed shipping date was 08/12 but I believe there are guys over in Oz waiting for longer, I'd be happy for those to have priority over me.
  • edited December 2014
    i would actually be happy with an end of December 2014 ship date. i ordered on Oct 8 with a ship date of Dec 8th. When i previously asked for an update they told me early December ship date. I sent email yesterday requesting and update and now they tell me end of January 2015. Sad news :( i hope this is not true and i am still part of the shipment that is currently being held in customs 
    End of January 2015?
  • Valued customers don't wait MONTHS for their products. Well, at least don't charge it upfront.

Fanatec knew it csw v2 would sell like crazy and that this season is always a troubled on and should've taken care of this in advanced.

That's what VALUED CUSTOMERS get from products made in china... customs and delays.

THANKS. 

I'm canceling my order for sure as soon as I find a solution reinforce my rig.  Accuforce here I go. 

The best part was i just received an answer 3 days ago saying my order was still planned for the 8th December (hard laugh huh miss C.? ) Here I was worried about the holiday season snail mail and not being at home to receive the package due to vacations...

At least i'm not worried anymore about that, huh?

This is REALLY bad PR. 
  • We created a special bundle for all new owners of a ClubSport Wheel base. Get the Formula and the BMW steering wheel for just 299,95 and get an invite code to buy the CSW V2 at the discounted price of 524,95.

The price of the CSW V2 will be increased soon and current availability (March 2015) might be postponed again as well so secure your ClubSport Bundle right away at that great price.

And if you also need a sturdy and fully adjustable cockpit at an unbeatable price, you can grab the CSL Seat for just 199,95 over the weekend.

The Black Friday sale will last until next Monday or until we run out of stock.

Can I still get this deal or is it over and sold out?
  • Thomas can I still get the black Friday deal I know im 2 days late but I was away and unable to order.

please let me know

thanks

JARED

• edited December 2014
    Hello Thomas,
    Is the Black Friday deal still running or has it finished?
    Can I order both wheels and get a code please?
    Thanks, Cam
  • Is thid deal still available, i cant find it on the Japan site.

Please help
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    edited December 2014
    I know I shoudnt really comment as its none of my business, but...

Do we really need to speak so inconsideretly to the team at fanatec, particularly when issues beyond their control have affected delivery dates?

[Quote]"So pissed off Fanatec - this really screws up all holiday plans.
    I sincerely hope this hasn't been caused by all your Black Friday bullshit?"[/Quote]

Fanatec are a small company, and Thomas, is just like you and me. This company really is like no other. It creates the products that the customers want, at a price they can afford.

Without fanatec, we would have plastic wheels or expensive direct drives. If the middle ground was so easy and lucrative to survive in, we would see much more competition, but we don't.

I dread to think how Thomas must have felt (personally) over the last year or so, I have had a quick look over his stock prices and can see that after the announcement of the new consoles his stock continually lost value. Imagine how tough it must be for this small group of sim racers (fanatic) trying to deal with the red tape that corporations like Microsoft and Sony put in their way. But not just professionally, but personally. You know how it feels when a bill comes in or you have unexpected Costs arise.. Think how many sleepless nights Thomas must have had stressing over all the regulations and red tape that he HAD to do, and that he was LEGALLY bound from talking to us and explaning any of this to us. I admire him to be honest. I sincerely do!

Imagine if your day was filled with legislation, rules, legal fees, meetings, paperwork Etc (while actually trying to design, build, test and ship your actual product). It must be incredibly difficult for him, particularly when we (the people he is doing all this for) speak to him in a bad way. Even on Facebook people are so rude and derogatory to him and the team.

The stock price on fanatec is now rising again with the announcement of a new wheel and compatibility with the new consoles, but lest we forget, the amout of time and money that were lost because of the hoops fanatec were made to jump through. Bigger corporations can float through these times, but I wonder (rightly or wrongly) just how easy this was for fanatec. In my mind, I picture that it was a tough time for them all. Maybe I am wrong, but either way the point still has merit.

Thomas seems to be stuck between a rock and hard place, all the time. His company is a fraction of the size of the bigger brands. He is no UBI or EA etc and doesn't really deserve the grief that he gets (where as they do).

We should support him, assist him and understand that what he is trying to do, must be a complete logistical nightmare. We should applaud him, we should help him and while I am not saying we should let the delays run on forever, I'm just saying we could approach it in a different manner. Perhaps if we all collectively, aired our discomfort in a more palatable manner it would make the environment less toxic.

Yes, we all have to wait. Yes we wish that wasn't the case, and Yes I do think that for some this is become close to unacceptable. I would even suggest that Thomas throws In a little treat or sweetener to anyone who has to wait over a certain amount of time. Like an offer for heavily discounted rim, or first dibs on the console rim, or a few dollars refunded to the user to buy themselves a new game over the holiday period etc. these are all small enough to not cause an impact (if given only to those to wait over 6 months or so).

We all have a long wait ahead of us, we knew that going in. My delivery date is not until next year :( but I understand why, I appreciate why, and in the mean time, I want to chat, have fun and enjoy talking with the wonderful people in this community. I hope many of you do too Xx
  • Chris  BrosharChris Broshar Member
    edited December 2014
    Natalie,

Wow! What a great post. You showed both sides in a very kind and well thought out manner. It amazes me what people get upset over. A delay of a sim racing wheel and people act like the world is coming to an end. But when it comes to important things-NEEDS not wants- they just throw their hands up and say what can we do, we have to have it!? Show the same concern and frustration over gas prices, food costs, healthcare and the like. Remember these Fanatec products are WANTS! They are great products and I'm proud to own them. But I put it into prospective. It's an inconvenience that some orders are postponed I agree. But come on people it's really not that bad. If Fanatec postponing my order is the worst thing to happen to me I'm in really good shape.
  • james pesarrajames pesarra Member
    edited December 2014
    Agreed.It was good to finally get an update   :-bd
  • i agree with Natalie and I would pay money to be in the position of most of you where my unit was on the way and just held up in customs. I cant even get a unit on order!

Thomas can I still get in on the black Friday deal? pretty please?

• Couldn't have said it better Natalie. We're about to get the best for reasonable price! It was under development... Have a heart...yes waiting sucks...But waiting is a part of life! Wait for bus, wait at traffic lights aso aso...
    You also can buy an Accuforce for 1200 to 1500 bucks ONLY for the base and wheel...if you percist on pc sim racing...
  • Natalie.......Awesome job. You hit the nail on the head and
    I agree completely with you, Chris too. These items ARE wants and if a
    delay is the biggest problem in your life, you must be living well......atleast
    this delay, and not a heart transplant delay.  

I am fine with the wait they have given me and I too want to
    use this as a community to chat with others that have an appreciation of
    Fanatec and their products, along with a love of simracing. Atleast talking
    gives us an outlet to speak with others and share info until the bases arrive.
     I am a small business owner and could not imagine what Thomas and the
    Team at Fanatec are having to deal with logistically and legally, let alone
    having a large section of the customer base blasting them.  The bases will
    come and those who are impatient and cancel their order are the real losers.

• hi
    I'm new, I apologize in advance if I'm wrong forum.
    I plan to buy a clubsport complete.
    I was very interested in the offer of 2 steering wheels with the code but is over soon.
    I saw that it is complicated to buy "0" basis.
    I can not understand the delivery times and I can not find a valid invitation code.
    I might have some advice for buying of the complete wheel?
    Thanks in advance 
    Roberto
  • Orders are delayed, ofcourse we are pissed off! Don't give us the small company bullshit!
    They decided to reel in a lot of money with pre-orders and now it backfires!
    Small company lesson learned! Don't sell a product if you don't have it in stock! 
    Nevertheless i will wait but yes i'm pissed and i have every right to feel that way!
  • thanks response
    maybe I convenient buy it used
  • still wondering for days if I can get the black Friday special still or if its gone...???
  • @ Roberto ... the response from Robert was not for you,  he was venting his frustration about delays.

Roberto at this time the only way to get the wheel is by invitation code,  they are sent to previous customers.  If you can wait patiently then next year may be more optimistic for you. Good Luck :)

I agree with Natalie and I also wholly support Thomas and his Fanatec team. While it is ok to feel frustrated it is not ok to display that in a manner that is abusive & immature.  

Please remember the choice was offered and majority voted for the wheels to be shipped rather than air-freighted. Unforeseen delays with new products can always happen and to personally blame Fanatec staff for that is really a very poor attitude and motivates nobody. Consider they are working hard and also feel the frustration of the situation,  support them don't attack them !  

I like many here just wish we all can chill out a little and accept the circumstances because they cannot be changed and I rather stay positive because things always have possibility to get better. :)

I wish everyone a Very Happy & Safe Christmas season and please consider at this time of kindness and sharing that there are many people in the world having such terrible hardship that I feel the delays of our csw is really very, very small by comparison. :o3
  • I just got a US region code from this black friday deal to pre-order the v2 Base. If anyone wants it, give me a hollar.
  • Just got my Invitation code after ordering the Black Friday Bundle as promised "next week" from Thomas. Placed an order for CSWB V2 and my set will be completed. Thank you.