Xbox One Compatibility FAQ and Poll

Comments

• The Xbox One was announced 18 months ago. It is not uniquely "American" to want to know what the upgrade path was when the pedals and shifters clearly have no ties to any one platform... it's the wheel where the protocols exchange. They are also not cheap... nor disposable. Is not wanting to "throw away" perfectly good hardware also an "American" quality?

It's ridiculous for people to make such assumptions and to attack peoples nationality because you don't like the questions. They are legitimate questions and it's no secret that this company went COMPLETELY DARK for the better part of a year on the topic.

I guess we're used to better from our luxury hardware providers.
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    You mean a luxury hardware provider like Microsoft? ;-)
  • Thomas  will create a new steering wheel, or those who have a csr elite will release the wheel and replace it with the new wheel xbox 1? thanks

• It's ridiculous for people to make such assumptions and to attack peoples nationality because you don't like the questions. They are legitimate questions and it's no secret that this company went COMPLETELY DARK for the better part of a year on the topic.
    Sorry that you get offended so easily. Of course what I said about Americans is not a general rule, but some things just are more common to Americans than others. Every nationality has something that looks to be more common to them than the others (I'm not speaking about language or other such general things).

You must have been living under a rock. There is no new info at least for me here. I've known this for a long time. So how could have Fanatec been completely dark if there are so many people who have known this for a long time?
  • Steve FarrellSteve Farrell Member
    edited May 2014
    The Xbox One was announced 18 months ago. It is not uniquely "American" to want to know what the upgrade path was when the pedals and shifters clearly have no ties to any one platform... it's the wheel where the protocols exchange. They are also not cheap... nor disposable. Is not wanting to "throw away" perfectly good hardware also an "American" quality?

It's ridiculous for people to make such assumptions and to attack peoples nationality because you don't like the questions. They are legitimate questions and it's no secret that this company went COMPLETELY DARK for the better part of a year on the topic.

I guess we're used to better from our luxury hardware providers.
    We get more feedback and news from Fanatec than you will ever get from Logitech or Thrustmaster. The Xbox one was out already by the time the Thrustmaster TX wheel came out and Thrustmas5ter only hinted of its existance two weeks before its reveal. Also I did not attack anybodys nationality here.
  • edited May 2014
    Thx Thomas for sharing info on Xbox One, when can we expect info on PS4 (few days, weeks, months)??
  • Paul WickhamPaul Wickham Member
    edited May 2014
    For me the issue is I bought a wheel that within a matter of weeks of purchase was discontinued and Fanatic did not at any point hint this was to be the case, had I known I would never have bought an Elite and instead spent the extra bucks on a CSW. Expectations of more rims were dashed, and I feel conned. Seems to me a product at the end of it's life should have been discounted and buyers made aware that they were buying something that was about to be discontinued. What makes it worse is the CSR wheel is still for sale, making Elite owners who spent the extra on a premium product left out in the cold in the worst way. In my time I have bought the CSR wheel,shifters and pedals, the Rennsport stand, the Elite and CSP V2's. Not an insignificant amount of money. But do I feel a valued customer? Do I feel that Fanatic have treated me well...The short answer is no, I feel they have extracted every penny they could out of me and then cast me aside as an idiot that should have known he was buying an outdated and about to be discontinued wheel for full price. Had they discounted the wheel, come clean on the truth sooner, I would feel differently, they didn't and I don't.
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    We never promised more than one rim for the CSR E and we delivered what we promised. What exactly makes the product you have purchased any worse if it is discontinued?

Buyers of the Porsche 918 will rather be happy that production is limited and they have something special.

It is our business to sell wheels and just like any other company we are not warning our customers about any potential compatiility risks which might occur in the future or not.

How many mobile phone companies announce to what future Android versions the luxury phone you want to buy will be compatible in future or not? And do you think that HTC or Samsung even can tell if this is more in control of Google?  They will tell you as soon as they know and this s what we are doing.
  • I see a lot of people who are thoroughly spoilt. I don't see in problems they have anything more than their own stupidity. If nothing more, their misery (stupidity) is at least amusing to read for some of us.

Thomas is absolutely correct. You can buy Android phones/tablets that cost 400/500€ and don't even get next Android version. Manufacturers just release basically exactly the same product named as newer version but with newer Android and people run like headless chicken to buy them no questions asked. Like it is cheap to buy a new phone or tablet every year or even twice a year in some cases, but there are tens of millions who do that.
  • Let us all move to North Korea.
  • Thomas in practice that I have the csr elite paid 600 Euros and paid the formula rim 180 that I have to do? I have to throw them? compatibility but I figured I spent $ 780 2 years ago it is impossible that a product is not compatible after 2 years? thanks
  • edited May 2014

• For me the issue is I bought a wheel that within a matter of weeks of purchase was discontinued and Fanatic did not at any point hint this was to be the case, had I known I would never have bought an Elite and instead spent the extra bucks on a CSW. Expectations of more rims were dashed, and I feel conned. Seems to me a product at the end of it's life should have been discounted and buyers made aware that they were buying something that was about to be discontinued. What makes it worse is the CSR wheel is still for sale, making Elite owners who spent the extra on a premium product left out in the cold in the worst way. In my time I have bought the CSR wheel,shifters and pedals, the Rennsport stand, the Elite and CSP V2's. Not an insignificant amount of money. But do I feel a valued customer? Do I feel that Fanatic have treated me well...The short answer is no, I feel they have extracted every penny they could out of me and then cast me aside as an idiot that should have known he was buying an outdated and about to be discontinued wheel for full price. Had they discounted the wheel, come clean on the truth sooner, I would feel differently, they didn't and I don't.     
    I too feel like you've bought the csr elite that after a few has been taken off the market if they knew or Fanatec told us that went out of production, or that the new console would not work, or at least warned us not the'd ever taken! Now I find myself with less and € 780 with a steering wheel that does not work on the next generation! who are we to make of the wheel?    
    For me the issue is I bought a wheel that within a matter of weeks of purchase was discontinued and Fanatic did not at any point hint this was to be the case, had I known I would never have bought an Elite and instead spent the extra bucks on a CSW. Expectations of more rims were dashed, and I feel conned. Seems to me a product at the end of it's life should have been discounted and buyers made aware that they were buying something that was about to be discontinued. What makes it worse is the CSR wheel is still for sale, making Elite owners who spent the extra on a premium product left out in the cold in the worst way. In my time I have bought the CSR wheel,shifters and pedals, the Rennsport stand, the Elite and CSP V2's. Not an insignificant amount of money. But do I feel a valued customer? Do I feel that Fanatic have treated me well...The short answer is no, I feel they have extracted every penny they could out of me and then cast me aside as an idiot that should have known he was buying an outdated and about to be discontinued wheel for full price. Had they discounted the wheel, come clean on the truth sooner, I would feel differently, they didn't and I don't.

• We never promised more than one rim for the CSR E and we delivered what we promised. What exactly makes the product you have purchased any worse if it is discontinued?

Buyers of the Porsche 918 will rather be happy that production is limited and they have something special.

It is our business to sell wheels and just like any other company we are not warning our customers about any potential compatiility risks which might occur in the future or not.

How many mobile phone companies announce to what future Android versions the luxury phone you want to buy will be compatible in future or not? And do you think that HTC or Samsung even can tell if this is more in control of Google?  They will tell you as soon as they know and this s what we are doing.
    The only problem I have with the discontinuation of the CSR Elite was we werent told that you guys were going to discontinue the wheel. I wanted to buy the CSR Elite myself but when I went to buy it it was discontinued so I bought a standard CSR instead. Thats in the past though and I do hope you guys are working on something similar.
  • Sigh...Well you take it as you wish, Thomas you did promise more rims in a video you made way back, I did not buy a phone I bought what I thought was a flagship product that turned out to be outdated and discontinued soon after I bought it. What makes it worse is it is a dead end product, what makes it worse is I had no clue that was going to be the case, what makes it worse is you seem not to give a damn and admit all you want is my money and think that it is fine to keep your customers in the dark up till the last moment. You think I believe for one moment you had no idea you were discontinuing the Elite long before I bought it? Really? Ah well it is what it is, I have lost confidence in Fanatec, am amazed that you compare your product to a mobile phone and will take my business elsewhere in future.

Marek thank you for your insulting and pointless input.
  • I knew that the production cse elite ceased from one moment to another I would not have ever taken! is a steering wheel of the elite is impensabbile that does not work on new console
  • the csr elite is a product of the Fanatec and it also costs a lot of myself in practice after 2 years I have to buy back if I want to play on xbox 1! was better than Fanatec saying that he would never be compatible with the new console ache because you already knew that microsoft would have changed and revolutionized the whole console!
  • Another csr elite user, who wishes they bought a csw instead!. It wouldn't be so bad if the csr elite wheel rim wasn't a plastic creaky pile of crap that all the soft touch coating just rubs off of! When I had purchased the CSR-Elite, you guys mentioned on multiple occasions "more rims in the future". I find myself using my old turbo S wheel more, because the wheel rim feels way better!
  • I do remember Thomas saying that depending on how well the CSR elite sells and how well the first rim sells that there "MIGHT" be more rims if the CSR Elite and first rim sells well. Perhaps the formula rim didnt sell too well and perhaps the CSR Elite didnt sell enough units to justify spending the money and time on R & D for more rims for the CSR Elite.
  • Marek LaulMarek Laul Member
    edited May 2014
    Thomas in practice that I have the csr elite paid 600 Euros and paid the formula rim 180 that I have to do? I have to throw them? compatibility but I figured I spent $ 780 2 years ago it is impossible that a product is not compatible after 2 years? thanks
    So your product is not compatible with PC and XBOX360 and PS3 anymore? Well then your product is broken.
    Sigh...Well you take it as you wish, Thomas you did promise more rims in a video you made way back, I did not buy a phone I bought what I thought was a flagship product that turned out to be outdated and discontinued soon after I bought it. What makes it worse is it is a dead end product, what makes it worse is I had no clue that was going to be the case, what makes it worse is you seem not to give a damn and admit all you want is my money and think that it is fine to keep your customers in the dark up till the last moment. You think I believe for one moment you had no idea you were discontinuing the Elite long before I bought it? Really? Ah well it is what it is, I have lost confidence in Fanatec, am amazed that you compare your product to a mobile phone and will take my business elsewhere in future.

Marek thank you for your insulting and pointless input.
    I still don't understand what does it matter whether it is discontinued or not. Doesn't something work anymore that used to work. Does it miss something other Fanatec wheels have gained since CSR-Elite was discontinued? I can't think of anything. You got exactly what was advertised. 

About insulting, yes this probably is the only thing I do well in this life, but I'm a relaxed cool guy and usually take things as a joke, not take offense easily, but it seems it cannot be said about many people.
  • Julien LavoieJulien Lavoie Member
    edited May 2014
    The CSP are compatible Xbox One, with a CPX adapter in my Thrustmaster TX Wheel and it's very fun !

It's the better of two worlds, the TM FFB is from another planet.
  • I also bought CSR Elite, and it never crossed my mind that it will be compatible with XboxOne (since M$ doesn't like backward compatibility). If CSR Elite gets supported with PS4, then it's just going to make my a happy person, since I adore that wheel and CSP pedals. In case it doesn't, then i'll just have to sell it, and look for the alternatives, may it be new fanatec or thrustmaster. Maybe Thomas will give us buy back option to upgrade to a new wheel, but who knows!? We'll just have to wait and see. 

I used to have htc desire, gave it to my dad, and he still uses it. We never felt any problems, since it was discontinued. It still works flawlessly :-).
  • What matters is there will be no new rims, what matters is if I had known that in such a short time it was to be discontinued I would have bought the CSW  It absolutely was said more than once that more rims were to be made to replace the cheap plastic thing it shipped with, and not just the one...And to be honest it does not matter that you don't understand, I don't really care whether you understand or not, and neither should you. The point here is I have not appreciated the way Fanatec operated in respect of those who bought the Elite in the last few weeks of it's production, had it been the mobile phone that you seem to think is analogous I would have been well aware that the new model was to replace it in a short time, and would have paid considerably less than it cost on its first release. Instead Fanatic quietly removed the product from sale ending any chance of future rims. I might add I have made no mention of the Xbox One, I predicted over a year ago on the old blog it would not be supported so that was no surprise to me. I don't have one anyway.

I like my Elite, will use it until it dies and then thanks to the attitude of Fanatec in relation to those of us that bought it in it's last days will go elsewhere...I just think that is sad, with a little thought Fanatic could have kept my custom for many years to come.
  • Marek LaulMarek Laul Member
    edited May 2014
    It absolutely was said more than once that more rims were to be made to replace the cheap plastic thing it shipped with, and not just the one...
    Well, as someone pointed, Thomas did say there "might" be more rims if formula rim sells well. I don't remember him saying there will DEFINITELY be many many rims. It is something you only imagined in your head or just hoped for and it is no way Fanatec fault.

There is always a possibility to use custom rims. There are many people who have even put their own quick release on it (tho not needed, if not using many rims), so they can use whatever rims they like. Of course original rims electronics still need to be connected, but that is a no problem. So there are so many ways to make the wheel just the way you like. If not into custom things, there are probably people that can make it for you.
  • Paul WickhamPaul Wickham Member
    edited May 2014
    Oh he said long before that there was a range planned, back when he was first showing it off, and sure I could mod it, though with the Elite it is not really a simple job, though having the original rim sitting in a cupboard does mean I have one to cannibalise if I so choose. But that is not the crux of my issue...Still I have said my piece, it is how I feel, Thomas my not agree, you may not agree, but it is how I feel. It could have been done differently, the wheel could have been discounted say three months before being discontinued along with the information that that was to happen, or, Elite customers purchasing during that time could have been informed of the situation and the option of upgrading to the CSw at the time of purchase, or a discount offered to those that bought in the lead up to the Elite going out of production when they did buy a CRW...Any of these things would have made all the difference, the first option indeed would have sold more CSW's and cost Fanatec no more than the time to send an email...
  • CSR-E was meant to be the best wheel for XBOX360 not an exact twin sister of a CSW but with XBOX support. So xbox compatibility should have been the ONLY reason for a person to prefer CSR-E over CSW. If you wanted to play on xbox, then CSR-E was the only way to go and even discontinuing should not have changed your mind. In any other case, CSW was the only way to go. If xbox support didn't matter to you, then you just did a wrong choice at the time, hoping to get CSW but at a bit cheaper price, and no one else is to be blamed. 

Why should have they discounted the price. Manufacturers usually do that, because newer models are replacing soon to be discontinued model. As newer models should be at the same price level, as older were, they have to discount the older. CSR-E is not replaced with anything.
  • not the csr elite is not broken as you say, but for 600 € I thought it was also compatible with the next-generation consoles since it was purchased recently!
  • edited May 2014

• I could unhook the wheel as you do for the formula and buy a wheel rim compatible for xbox 1 or ps4 and not buy back all ie a steering wheel + wheel body
  • not the csr elite is not broken as you say, but for 600 € I thought it was also compatible with the next-generation consoles since it was purchased recently!
    Exactly, it was just your thought. Nobody cares, even if it costed a million. No single previous generation controller is compatible with xbox1, be it a fanatec, thrustmaster, madcatz or even microsoft themselves. No other company than Microsoft alone can't give permissions to make things work on X1 and clearly it seems they are yet not interested in letting Fanatec make their previous wheels compatible. So, I wouldn't put my hope on buying just a rim one day to make csr-e compatible.