The new FORMULA CARBON rim for your ClubSport Wheel

2»

Comments

• What a total let-down.

I already have a formula rim. Why on earth would I want one that is slightly different with a cheesy carbon fibre effect glued on top?

All many want is a smaller, lighter round racing wheel in addition to the excellent GT & Formula rims.

Will you be releasing the carbon fibre stick-on overlay separately? So if I wanted this dated cheesy look I could have it without spending another 250EUR for the exact same product? Oh sorry, forgot, removable grips. For which I've never once thought "Oh, I wish these grips were removable."
  • I already have a formula rim. Why on earth would I want one that is slightly different with a cheesy carbon fibre effect glued on top?
    I don't think this rim was specifically made for you. There are persons who have CSW and don't own a formula rim yet (me included). There will definitely be more persons who don't yet own CSW, but will at some point. So, you are not unfortunately the center of the earth yet.
  • Marek, you completely miss my point.

A perfectly good Formula rim already exists (for everyone).

Fanatec spent how long sticking a carbon fibre effect on it?

The other new wheels are distinctly underwhelming and hugely overpriced.

Many (maybe not you though) have been requesting a smaller lighter round racing wheel.

And we get a carbon fibre sticker.

I am allowed an individual opinion. If you feel this is some attempt to become the centre of everything then I sincerely do hope you don't face too many difficult questions in the future...
  • Marek, you completely miss my point.

A perfectly good Formula rim already exists (for everyone).

Fanatec spent how long sticking a carbon fibre effect on it?

The other new wheels are distinctly underwhelming and hugely overpriced.

Many (maybe not you though) have been requesting a smaller lighter round racing wheel.

And we get a carbon fibre sticker.

I am allowed an individual opinion. If you feel this is some attempt to become the centre of everything then I sincerely do hope you don't face too many difficult questions in the future...
    Well, there is a chance that it actually is a carbon fiber faceplate, not a sticker on a aluminum plate.

Other rims cleary show, that something is happening, so there might be lighter smaller rim still. 
    If I were you and been waiting for it for so long, I would have long ago bought a custom rim and used electronics and quick release from formula rim to make one. Not very difficult.
  • edited May 2014
    I wouldn't be surprised if we could buy the carbon overlay as an addon in near future. 

Qoute: "we plan to offer different colour and material options in future...". 

These materials could be sold later on ....
  • I have a tecnhical question for Fanatec producers: did you choose to make an F1 rim with the same feature of the old version (same number of buttons and same display) or you were forced by the CSW base,which can't support different display/buttons?  In other words, are you able to build a different f1 style rim or it is impossible for technical reasons? 
  • I have a tecnhical question for Fanatec producers: did you choose to make an F1 rim with the same feature of the old version (same number of buttons and same display) or you were forced by the CSW base,which can't support different display/buttons?  In other words, are you able to build a different f1 style rim or it is impossible for technical reasons? 
    CSW base supports 111 buttons if I remember correctly, so buttons should not be a problem. I don't also see a problem, why wouldn't different displays work. They have data port at the back, that is supposed to support displays. I don't see a problem why this same info can't be sent to a wheelrim. Didn't Thomas say years ago that they have a some formula 1 team license (didn't want to say which) to make a wheelrim. There wouldn't be a need for it if they aren't able to make one. Let's see what Thomas answers.
  • Hallo Thomas,

entschuldige bitte das das so rüber gekommen ist aber das meinte ich in keinster Weise. Schließlich ist und bleibt der Support von Fanatec 1A,
    Was ich nur damit aussprechen möchte ist die Tatsache warum sämtlich Wheels  außer Fanatec auf der PS4 laufen. Ich meinte lediglich ob das CSW oder CSR jemals auf der PS4 laufen wird oder ihr in einer Neuentwicklung eines Wheels seid.

Möchte mich noch einmal persönlich bei Dir Entschuldigen wenn das so rüber gekommen ist.
    GrußFrank
  • Hallo Thomas,

Was ich nur damit aussprechen möchte ist die Tatsache warum sämtlich Wheels  außer Fanatec auf der PS4 laufen. 

Woher hast Du diese Information? 
    Sony gab dazu noch gar nichts bekannt, oder ist da etwas an mir vorbeigegangen. 
    Lediglich die DriveGlub Hersteller und SMS mit pCars haben sich bisher geäußert. Beide sagten die volle Unterstützung aller Whhels zu, die auch auf der PS3 gelaufen sind und somit auch jene von Fanatec.
    Das letzte Wort wird aber wie immer der Konsolenhersteller haben und Sony gab dazu noch nichts bekannt, nach meinem wissen. Auf unser letztes Telefonat mit einem der GT Verantwortlichen, gab es auch keine klare Info, aber man vermittelte eher Positives zur Unterstützung. Abwarten ist also angesagt.

• edited May 2014

Eigentlich sind nur die Konsolenhersteller schuld.
    Bei Sony habe ich noch Hoffnung, aber bei Microsoft sehe ich schwarz.
  • I don't get it. The first sentence reads "It seems that some of you expected a new rim with more buttons and less expensive, so what about the new formula rim"......So you've brought out a new rim similar to the existing formula rim and it's more expensive :-| oooooook. Great looking rim don't get me wrong, these products just seem way overpriced., it's a real shame.

• How soon is soon? because I was going to order the F1 rim, but it's not to long a wait I'd prefer to grab this carbon fiber delight.

• Can you change the grips on the original F1 rim? I kind of prefer the metal wheel centre and the buttons having more distinction between the colours though the carbon does look very nice.

• Why just an overlay, a Twill Carbon / Kevlar composite wheels is what I'd expect for that price.
  • Hello folks!! I got the formula carbon but where can I search discussion about configurations especially for rfactor2?
  • how do i adjust the paddle travel