New shipping date for ClubSport Wheel Base V2

Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
edited January 2015 in Blog
Today, we had to set a new delivery date for the CSW B V2 and it is now May 15th. This means all orders up to now will be delivered at the promised dates or earlier but new orders will not be shipped before middle of may.

We were surprised (again) by the strong demand as we are continuously increasing the production but the amount of orders is going up and up. The invite system is working great but although we are sending out  several hundreds of codes everyday, it will still take several weeks until all our customers have received a code.

There are no news on the Xbox One steering wheel yet but things are smooth and we plan to make an announcement by the end of march so you know what to do if you plan to buy Project CARS.

Comments

• Thanks for the update. Much appreciated
  • Thanks for the update. Look forward to ordering a xb1 rim.
  • Please make a Formula rim for XBone.
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    edited January 2015
    End of March? What happens to those of us who received our base in Nov/Dec? Thats at least four months gone from our warranty (who know what the release date will be from March) even before we have had the chance to try the base out and see if it works.

I thought you said you would make an announcement before the end of 2014?
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    edited January 2015
    Thank you for the updates :)

I'm hoping for a myriad of V2 compatible wheels to make an appearance on the XB1 and PS4. I'll happily buy them all. A GT rim and an F1 rim will be a great start, and i am hoping to see them ready for Project Cars arrival.

@Thomas
    If you need an dedicated, honest, patient and understanding beta tester who can provide you with high quality feedback regarding the new wheels, just let me know (I'm not fishing... Honestly) ;)

My complete fanatec sim rig is due to dispatch shortly, and I sincerely can't wait to try out the new products and report my findings :) x

Here's hoping we can place orders for some even more fanatec products soon :)
  • End of March? What happens to those of us who received our base in Nov/Dec? Thats at least four months gone from our warranty (who know what the release date will be from March) even before we have had the chance to try the base out and see if it works.

Maybe you should have bought the base for a PC, as it was designed, and then had a nice perk with the eventual compatibility to X1, not the other way around.. what did you expect?
  • End of March? What happens to those of us who received our base in Nov/Dec? Thats at least four months gone from our warranty (who know what the release date will be from March) even before we have had the chance to try the base out and see if it works.

I'm sorry but I think this is on you. Yes Thomas said an announcement would be made by 1st of year. But he's NEVER said when a X1 rim would be available for purchase. IMO you put the cart before the horse.
  • Dillon RyanDillon Ryan Member
    edited January 2015
    End of March? What happens to those of us who received our base in Nov/Dec? Thats at least four months gone from our warranty (who know what the release date will be from March) even before we have had the chance to try the base out and see if it works.

I'm sorry but I think this is on you. Yes Thomas said an announcement would be made by 1st of year. But he's NEVER said when a X1 rim would be available for purchase. IMO you put the cart before the horse.
    I think we finally agree on something Chris   \:D/

I think we finally agree on something Chris   \:D/

Then I change my mind. :))
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    Well, it is middle of January so my announcement is two weeks late. And I just made an announcement to make another announcement.

It seems that this feels better to some of you then just saying nothing but in fact the only think which really matters is when the products arrive at your door.
    If you ant to nail me down on a specific date, we would set this date very late in order to make sure that we can really meet it. Unfortunately this is often a wrong signal to the project members and things take longer than they could because there is no hurry. This is why we give out no dates. Not even a time frame.
  • And for this very reason Denise and I decided to go a new direction with our Sim Racing. It's iRacing and Project cars for us. I am sure we will get the new xbox one wheel when it come out. But for now we are REALLY enjoying this. 

edited January 2015
    @David
    This is where I am now, sitting on the fence, hoping to fall one side or the other. Looks like you guys made the leap and made a good decision.

Do I hold off and use my Carbon F1 rim with my V2 (on PC/PS3) until the XBO/PS4 wheel is announced, or do I add a BMW rim to my order and enjoy 6/9 months of full use and just grab an XBO wheel as a bonus later in the year when it is announced.

Hmmm...
    Do I add a BMW rim, or a Porche Rim or keep that money aside for the XBO rim...
    The arrival time for the XBO rim would really influence this decision. If I know the XBO rim is 6 months away, I'll happily order a Porche/bmw rim now and add an xbo rim later...

Hmmm... What to do, what to do :)
    Decisions decision...

That said, do people recommend the BMW rim over the Porche rim? The price difference is substantial, is the Porshe rim that much better. Have any users of the BMW rim used rhe Porshe rim and is it the better investment.

So many questions, I wish Thomas would just pop round for a cup of tea and help me decide :)
  • @David
    This is where I am now, sitting on the fence, hoping to fall one side or the other. Looks like you guys made the leap and made a good decision.

Do I hold off and use my Carbon F1 rim with my V2 (on PC/PS3) until the XBO/PS4 wheel is announced, or do I add a BMW rim to my order and enjoy 6/9 months of full use and just grab an XBO wheel as a bonus later in the year when it is announced.

Hmmm...
    Do I add a BMW rim, or a Porche Rim or keep that money aside for the XBO rim...
    The arrival time for the XBO rim would really influence this decision. If I know the XBO rim is 6 months away, I'll happily order a Porche/bmw rim now and add an xbo rim later...

Hmmm... What to do, what to do :)
    Decisions decision...

That said, do people recommend the BMW rim over the Porche rim? The price difference is substantial, is the Porshe rim that much better. Have any users of the BMW rim used rhe Porshe rim and is it the better investment.

So many questions, I wish Thomas would just pop round for a cup of tea and help me decide :)

Hello Natalie,

I've owned both the BMW and Porsche rims. First off the Porsche is a much nicer looking rim IMO. But that doesn't affect use in any way. The Porsche is quite a bit lighter. And you'll notice the difference in long races. The shifter indicator is much easier to see on the Porsche rim. The ONLY drawback to the Porsche rim is the led indicator is a bit small. But not a huge deal. Not sure any of this helps but just giving you my .02.
  • I don't really want to comment you statement Thomas. Announcement by End of March. There would be for me just one announcement: wheel is ready for order and delivery. 

You should really work on your time management Thomas and find a "modus operandi" that suits your products. Look at Apple, they found a good modus which makes the company reliable and this is what the customers like and appreciate.

Best regards
    Alexander

I wish Thomas would just pop round for a cup of tea and help me decide :)

Natalie,
    This would not be helpful because afterwards you will purchase all of them
    ;)
    Alexander,

thank you for this flattering comparison. But actually not even Apple announces products much in advance. They announce them when they are ready to ship.

We are well in time on this project but that does not mean I will announce my milestone dates and put us under unnecessary pressure. We can can feel enough pressure already ;)
    edited January 2015
     I wish Thomas would just pop round for a cup of tea and help me decide :)

Natalie,
    This would not be helpful because afterwards you will purchase all of them
    ;)

:D
    Just for that, I have emailed the team and asked them if I can add the Porsche wheel to my existing order (as long as this won't effect my current delivery dates etc) ...

Kettles on by the way ;)

Edit:
    They just mailed saying this should be no problem. You guys really are an absolute pleasure to deal with. My experience with fanatec has been absolutely outstanding so far, so accommodating.

The only concern I do have, is that every time I ask Thomas a question, he is so charming (or naughty) with his replys, that I momentarily lose my mind in a fit of the giggles, only to return to sanity moments later, with a bank balance that appears to have taken a bit of a beating... :D

But perhaps that just a coincidence ;)

@Chris
    Thanks for the information regarding the rim. It's based on that I decided to pick up the Porsche rim over the BMW, so thanks for taking the time to do that :)

So now my order is as follows:
    Fanatec CSL
    Fanatec CSW V2
    Fanatec CSP V2
    Fanatec CSS V1.5
    Fanatec F1 Carbon Rim
    Fanatec Porshe 918 Rim

I'm now really anticipating its arrival.
    Next order will be placed for PS4 and XBO rims as soon as Thomas announces them. Can't wait!
  • I have a gut feeling the announcement in March about the XBO rims will be that it will be launched along side T10s Forza 6 release. Too big an event to miss a trick.

Plus possibly a lower budget wheel  (like the TMs T100) launched around March for Project Cars.

This is MY opinion only.

Also  @ Thomas. I hope the XBO rims will include a "look left/right" function built in to the rim as the current Thrustmaster doesn't and its annoying. Would be a good feature and turn a lot of TM users your way.

• edited January 2015
    just for curiosity: the end of march is a precise date or does it exist the remote possibility to ship it somewhen sooner? (i'm talking about EU)
  • Natalie,

Glad I could help. You've got yourself a nice setup coming your way. Go big or go home! Good for you. You're really gonna enjoy it all. :)
  • edited January 2015
    Hey Thomas,

I know you can't give us an exact date due to pressure, but can you at least let us know that you're not restricted by Microsoft and Turn10, refering to another NOT NEEDED Forza wheel. 
    I don't mind to wait another 2 months....but waiting till Forza Motorsport 6 hits the stores will make me decide selling the V2 base and go foranother brand !!!

Dillon I know I could choose to buy the setup later...but as expected, the demand is so high that I would have had the Fanatec gear late september and that's WAY TOO LONG WITHOUT A WHEEL since my 360
    ;) :-j
    ..@Chris
    Yea it's a big order, I wasn't originally going to get it all in one sitting, but I thought why not :)

I do have a few questions though, this is not the right thread for this but as we have no official forum, I'll ask anyway :)

Have you used your wheel with a PS3?
    I recently purchased both next gen consoles, so I currently have PS3, PS4, XBOX 360 and the XBO. As we don't yet have the wheels for the new gen consoles. I'm very likely going to be getting used to it on my PS3 (not pc initially)

I currently have F1 2013 and GT5, what other racing games do you recommend AND most importantly, do you have any useful tips or settings that will help me get started? You know, lime useful time savers that you wish you knew on day 1 :)

Also, do you think I should get GT6? Is it much better feeling that GT5, does GT6 have better fanatic support than GT5 as I read somewhere that they did a patch 1.12 on GT6 that really improved force feedback, or is GT5 just as good in those respects?

I'm going to get hold of a copy of Dirt 3 for arcade style fun time, but do you recommend any other games that give a good simulation effect and provide good visuals. After using my XBO I'm a little saddened to have to turn the PS3 back on as it looks so poor in comparison to Forza 5 and as much hate as Forza 5 gets, I really love thrashing minis around silverstone as it looks unbelievable.

So In short:
    Shoud I get GT6 over my current GT5 (and why/why not)
    Do you have any base settings or tips and tricks that will be useful time savers etc for when it all arrives and setting it all up (config for in game and the wheel etc)
    What other games do you recommend on PS3 for now, as this is where I will be using my wheel until PS4 and XBO compatibility arrive and I look into a new (more powerful) PC that can handle Gaming.

@Thomas!
    I've spent apx €2000 with you over the last few weeks and for me that's unusal, I don't usually throw my money at peoples faces that often, particular for a single use item (it's not like I can wear it out at new year and also at a wedding etc) :) x So keep up the great work, but a forum would be great so the members could all talk and give advice etc without having to register elsewhere on different websites Etc. That would be an awesome little addition :)
  • edited January 2015
    Buy the GRID series Natalie...latest one first offcourse. Someone here on the blog, other topic, recomended it allready to you ;)
  • Hi Thomas, you are absolutely right. But Apple has an "modus operandi" where every two year there is a major release and every year a minor release. 

From my point of view; and this point of view is not my invention is that software sells hardware, period!

You are in the good position to be some kind of "monopolist" with your products:

- Expensive, but not to expensive
    - Good quality products
    - Bad service in the past; this point has been ticked off
    - Communication with customer; really bad in the past, getting better but still not really smart

Imagine there would be a competitor who would offer the same quality products just in time when the customer need them, what do you think would happen?

Step up Thomas and empathize with your customers. 

Here are the facts:
    - Driving with your wheels has not priority number one, I don't want to visit you website every week, just to fear missing some order timeline. I have other things which are more important to me. Your wheels are just an expensive amusement.
    - Release date of the XBOX One was 22.11.2013. This is more than one year after release and there still is no capable Fanatec wheel available (competitors where have completed this task). This is a management task which belongs to your role Thomas! If I would be your Boss I would not accept this product timeline, period!
    - Your comment on, that everything is running "smooth" is not appropriate, maybe you are satisfied with your orders, but believe me, this is never an indicator for a successful business.

Thomas, I know that you have a technical background; get someone who knows about marketing, and you will blow your business!

Best regards
    Alexander
  • how can someone suggest GRID as a good driving game? it's nothing more than an arcade. no need for a wheel. if you want true simulation go elsewhere (assetto corsa, rfactor, raceroom racing experience, race07, gtr 2...). no need of having an expensive wheel if you use it for arcade games, playable better with pads.
  • Alexander, you are aware of course that the XBox release and support/ancillary equipment release times have nothing in common.  You make the assumption that creating/releasing a support product is entirely in the hands of the manufacturer (i.e FANATEC)  Truthfully, the usual and major reason for delays is in the approval and licensing from the main manufacturer (i.e. Microsoft).

Then there are manufacturing considerations/locations, individual component timetables, local weather and other issues at the manufacturing plant area (i.e China)

Understand the process and you appreciate the timelines...

Oh and about Apple (and I am an Apple fan), try not compare companies that literally have billions of dollars at their disposal for design and advance manufacturing against a MUCH smaller company making specialty support products.  A Phone does not need a case but a phone must exist for a case to be made...
  • ..@Chris
    Yea it's a big order, I wasn't originally going to get it all in one sitting, but I thought why not :)

I do have a few questions though, this is not the right thread for this but as we have no official forum, I'll ask anyway :)

Have you used your wheel with a PS3?
    I recently purchased both next gen consoles, so I currently have PS3, PS4, XBOX 360 and the XBO. As we don't yet have the wheels for the new gen consoles. I'm very likely going to be getting used to it on my PS3 (not pc initially)

I currently have F1 2013 and GT5, what other racing games do you recommend AND most importantly, do you have any useful tips or settings that will help me get started? You know, lime useful time savers that you wish you knew on day 1 :)

Also, do you think I should get GT6? Is it much better feeling that GT5, does GT6 have better fanatic support than GT5 as I read somewhere that they did a patch 1.12 on GT6 that really improved force feedback, or is GT5 just as good in those respects?

I'm going to get hold of a copy of Dirt 3 for arcade style fun time, but do you recommend any other games that give a good simulation effect and provide good visuals. After using my XBO I'm a little saddened to have to turn the PS3 back on as it looks so poor in comparison to Forza 5 and as much hate as Forza 5 gets, I really love thrashing minis around silverstone as it looks unbelievable.

So In short:
    Shoud I get GT6 over my current GT5 (and why/why not)
    Do you have any base settings or tips and tricks that will be useful time savers etc for when it all arrives and setting it all up (config for in game and the wheel etc)
    What other games do you recommend on PS3 for now, as this is where I will be using my wheel until PS4 and XBO compatibility arrive and I look into a new (more powerful) PC that can handle Gaming.

@Thomas!
    I've spent apx €2000 with you over the last few weeks and for me that's unusal, I don't usually throw my money at peoples faces that often, particular for a single use item (it's not like I can wear it out at new year and also at a wedding etc) :) x So keep up the great work, but a forum would be great so the members could all talk and give advice etc without having to register elsewhere on different websites Etc. That would be an awesome little addition :)
    GT6 + Clubsport Wheel V2 is fantastic. Polyphony Digital improves a lot the FFB. Of course it is not as amazing as rFactor2 or Assetto Corsa but currently I am playing more GT6 than PC sims (maybe because my PC sucks).

And right now I am quite obsessed with : "When will I have enough free time to play GT6 ?".

GT6 maybe looks like a GT5.1 but actually I found that it is a very good upgrade. As a game programmer I am really impressed with what PD is doing on a PS3.

• If you have a pc that can run the upto date sims iracing ACrf2 or project cars you really are missing out waiting for the xbox one wheel give them a whirl you wont look back. Iracing is the best online package bar none. asseto corsa is great with tons of high quality mods coming for free. rfactor 2 is a bit unpolished but probably the best force feed back out there. Project cars offers a ton of options but just does not have the feel. Take your pick. I speak to people who regularly have come across to iracing from consoles and after putting a bit of time in are blown away. Most pc basd sims are not easy to begin with just takes a little time.

• Thomas - Thank you for the update! Still working on getting a code myself ([email protected] for anyone feeling really, really sad for my lonely, crushed soul), but it is great to hear an update on the products. 

Best,
    Tom
  • As far as the xbox one Forza 6 announcement. I want to hear that they have brought back 3 screen support! I cant believe they took that away with Forza 5.