New shipping date for ClubSport Wheel Base V2

Comments

• edited January 2015
    Project Cars is what im waiting for!!! I Will Not Waste any More $$$ Buying Forza Games until they Out for a while and well Reviewed!!!
    Turn10 is Slick they put all of the None Racing Cars In the Game then make you buy the Good Cars in DL content!!! Who Really wants to Race a Hyudai or a Chevy Spark??? i think that cars in  Racing game should have some sort of a Sports car Heritage... Especially a Supposed to be racing Simulator.  Forza 5 will have to feel absolutely Amazing with the V2 wheel to get me to Spend another Dime on another Forza Game... I think/Know/hope FM5 feel Good with V2 but How good i Dunno. It will have to be Amazingly Good to Revive my Love for Forza Games.
  • Can you at least tell us if the xbox rim will support PC/PS3, or if i should buy another rim now?
    If the answer is no I will buy a porsche 918 wheel. 
  • I've been loving my V2 with the Porsche wheel with rFactor 2.  It's made the game brand new again.  

Natalie, the original Dirt was a good game if you can find a used copy.  The Need For Speed Shift games aren't bad.  
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    Can you at least tell us if the xbox rim will support PC/PS3, or if i should buy another rim now?
    I cannot confirm anything until the approval process is finished but is our target to make the XB1 steering wheels at least compatible to PC
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    edited January 2015
    Alexander,

I am very aware since when the XBox One is on the market but just like Werner said, it was not a matter of project management or internal problems but simply the dependence to a decision which was not in our hands. We were able to start the project after we signed the licensing agreement and we are making great progress thanks to a good preparation of my team.

And because I do have a University degree in economics and marketing, I know very well that hiring somebody for marketing makes no sense if the bottleneck is supply.

And we also know that the release of big racing titles is a good time to sell wheels so we plan accordingly ;)

Nevertheless, I am far from being a perfect manager and everyday I am learning more. Listening to my customers is a key source of useful information.

• i think that waiting for CSW v2 to be compatible with Xbox1 is just a waste of potentials. I mean, 800 € for a wheel only, to play it on forza? i think it deserves some best simulators.. not to offend anyone here, but if you want to play it on xbox1 just grab some other less expensive wheel. 
  • ..@Chris
    Yea it's a big order, I wasn't originally going to get it all in one sitting, but I thought why not :)

I do have a few questions though, this is not the right thread for this but as we have no official forum, I'll ask anyway :)

Have you used your wheel with a PS3?
    I recently purchased both next gen consoles, so I currently have PS3, PS4, XBOX 360 and the XBO. As we don't yet have the wheels for the new gen consoles. I'm very likely going to be getting used to it on my PS3 (not pc initially)

I currently have F1 2013 and GT5, what other racing games do you recommend AND most importantly, do you have any useful tips or settings that will help me get started? You know, lime useful time savers that you wish you knew on day 1 :)

Also, do you think I should get GT6? Is it much better feeling that GT5, does GT6 have better fanatic support than GT5 as I read somewhere that they did a patch 1.12 on GT6 that really improved force feedback, or is GT5 just as good in those respects?

I'm going to get hold of a copy of Dirt 3 for arcade style fun time, but do you recommend any other games that give a good simulation effect and provide good visuals. After using my XBO I'm a little saddened to have to turn the PS3 back on as it looks so poor in comparison to Forza 5 and as much hate as Forza 5 gets, I really love thrashing minis around silverstone as it looks unbelievable.

So In short:
    Shoud I get GT6 over my current GT5 (and why/why not)
    Do you have any base settings or tips and tricks that will be useful time savers etc for when it all arrives and setting it all up (config for in game and the wheel etc)
    What other games do you recommend on PS3 for now, as this is where I will be using my wheel until PS4 and XBO compatibility arrive and I look into a new (more powerful) PC that can handle Gaming.

@Thomas!
    I've spent apx €2000 with you over the last few weeks and for me that's unusal, I don't usually throw my money at peoples faces that often, particular for a single use item (it's not like I can wear it out at new year and also at a wedding etc) :) x So keep up the great work, but a forum would be great so the members could all talk and give advice etc without having to register elsewhere on different websites Etc. That would be an awesome little addition :)
    do yourself a favor: build a pc and drive proper racing games
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    ..@Chris
    Yea it's a big order, I wasn't originally going to get it all in one sitting, but I thought why not :)

I do have a few questions though, this is not the right thread for this but as we have no official forum, I'll ask anyway :)

I recently purchased both next gen consoles, so I currently have PS3, PS4, XBOX 360 and the XBO. As we don't yet have the wheels for the new gen consoles. I'm very likely going to be getting used to it on my PS3 (not pc initially)

I currently have F1 2013 and GT5, what other racing games do you recommend AND most importantly, do you have any useful tips or settings that will help me get started? You know, lime useful time savers that you wish you knew on day 1 :)

Also, do you think I should get GT6? Is it much better feeling that GT5, does GT6 have better fanatic support than GT5 as I read somewhere that they did a patch 1.12 on GT6 that really improved force feedback, or is GT5 just as good in those respects?

I'm going to get hold of a copy of Dirt 3 for arcade style fun time, but do you recommend any other games that give a good simulation effect and provide good visuals. After using my XBO I'm a little saddened to have to turn the PS3 back on as it looks so poor in comparison to Forza 5 and as much hate as Forza 5 gets, I really love thrashing minis around silverstone as it looks unbelievable.

So In short:
    Do you have any base settings or tips and tricks that will be useful time savers etc for when it all arrives and setting it all up (config for in game and the wheel etc)
    What other games do you recommend on PS3 for now, as this is where I will be using my wheel until PS4 and XBO compatibility arrive and I look into a new (more powerful) PC that can handle Gaming.

@Thomas!
    I've spent apx €2000 with you over the last few weeks and for me that's unusal, I don't usually throw my money at peoples faces that often, particular for a single use item (it's not like I can wear it out at new year and also at a wedding etc) :) x So keep up the great work, but a forum would be great so the members could all talk and give advice etc without having to register elsewhere on different websites Etc. That would be an awesome little addition :)

@Daniele
    Not sure that would be doing myself a favour, perhaps in your individual circumstances it would be, but for me that wound't be a good choice I'm afraid.
    As discussed previously, when someone else's needs and circumstances don't meet or match yours, it doesn't make their choice it any better or worse. It means that each persons life is different and can accommodate different things.

For me the consoles are perfect, I have kids (I'm 29) and I have a house the size I need. I have moved all the consoles into the family room and as a family we all play together. A console suits the needs of my children and my family, therefore I choose to sacrifice the complexity of a PC (to a child) for the ease and simplicity of a console (to a child) therefore they too can enjoy the things I have purchased for my own amusement.

The kids can walk in, turn on forza and play. I would not like to see the carnage after they walk in, navigate windows, launch the game only to find out it needs updates or driver updates etc, try to install it all, configure the game to suit them (using the keyboard and mouse) and setting it up using the myriad of not so child friendly options within the game it's self and racing against pro of users ;)

I understand PC gaming is better in those respect, I think we all do. But I think pc users really could do themselves a favour and understand that clothes come in different sizes, food comes in different flavours and games come in different formats. It's not a world of 1 size fits all ;) when the kids are older I can move to a pc and take my wheel with me, but for today I am a console user :)
  • ..@Chris

So In short:

@Thomas!

@Daniele
    Not sure that would be doing myself a favour, perhaps in your individual circumstances it would be, but for me that wound't be a good choice I'm afraid.
    As discussed previously, when someone else's needs and circumstances don't meet or match yours, it doesn't make their choice it any better or worse. It means that each persons life is different and can accommodate different things.

For me the consoles are perfect, I have kids (I'm 29) and I have a house the size I need. I have moved all the consoles into the family room and as a family we all play together. A console suits the needs of my children and my family, therefore I choose to sacrifice the complexity of a PC (to a child) for the ease and simplicity of a console (to a child) therefore they too can enjoy the things I have purchased for my own amusement.

The kids can walk in, turn on forza and play. I would not like to see the carnage after they walk in, navigate windows, launch the game only to find out it needs updates or driver updates etc, try to install it all, configure the game to suit them (using the keyboard and mouse) and setting it up using the myriad of not so child friendly options within the game it's self and racing against pro of users ;)

I understand PC gaming is better in those respect, I think we all do. But I think pc users really could do themselves a favour and understand that clothes come in different sizes, food comes in different flavours and games come in different formats. It's not a world of 1 size fits all ;) when the kids are older I can move to a pc and take my wheel with me, but for today I am a console user :)

Natalie,

I'm a console and PC user. I've tried to get other PC users to understand why I like consoles but it usually falls on deaf ears. I really like the way you addressed the situation and will be stealing some of your lines to use in future debates.

I wish you and your kids a great weekend of gaming. God Bless
  • edited January 2015

Alexander,

And we also know that the release of big racing titles is a good time to sell wheels so we plan accordingly ;)

Thomas, I hope your not refering to wait with bringing out a couple of wheels together with FM6, November 2015, cause that's just too long a wait.
  • Alexander,

Thomas, I hope your not refering to wait with bringing out a couple of wheels together with FM6, November 2015, cause that's just too long a wait.
    pretty sure he means project cars
  • Can you at least tell us if the xbox rim will support PC/PS3, or if i should buy another rim now?
    I cannot confirm anything until the approval process is finished but is our target to make the XB1 steering wheels at least compatible to PC
    Thanks for the info. Now to decide if I want to keep playing GT6 on my Turbo S or buy a rim for the V2 now and another rim when the xbox one comes out, since i dont have a PC yet for racing. 
  • Comparing Fanatec to Apple, really? If Fanatec were like Apple then I would be using a different company's products. Apple never listens to customers and expects you to put up with no memory card slots and no user customization, it's essentially for people who don't know any better.
  • Can't wait to buy the new ClubSport Wheel Base V2. Anybody have any invite codes they don't need?

Thanks

• Love my v2 base but it looks very likely I'm gonna have to buy a thrust master wheel for project cars on the ps4, much to my annoyance !
  • thomas,
    i dont know if you have answered this question yet, but will it be possible to use the XB1 wheel rim on the CSW V1 or maybe even something on the CSR elite to get foreward compatability? to me it would make sense to try and get the csr elite compatible too because really only true forza fanatecs(see what i did there) would have invested in it, it would be nice if it were possible.
    Im sure you have already thought it all through but can you confirm or deny anything?

i have my V2 code, just waiting on this news really before i pull the trigger

cheers
  • My guess is, csr elite is a no go, cause the new WHEELS hold the chip to make XOne compatible...and that's why I think the V1 base , in theory, could also be used for XOne racing...
    But it's really a wild guess!!!!
  • thomas,
    i dont know if you have answered this question yet, but will it be possible to use the XB1 wheel rim on the CSW V1 or maybe even something on the CSR elite to get foreward compatability? to me it would make sense to try and get the csr elite compatible too because really only true forza fanatecs(see what i did there) would have invested in it, it would be nice if it were possible.
    Im sure you have already thought it all through but can you confirm or deny anything?

i have my V2 code, just waiting on this news really before i pull the trigger

cheers
    since the rims are noy compatible with CSR elite it is doubtful, V1 is more likely. 
  • Love my v2 base but it looks very likely I'm gonna have to buy a thrust master wheel for project cars on the ps4, much to my annoyance !
    Why would you do that when pCars is already out on PC and far superior to what the ps4 will get?
  • Why do you pc guys keep nagging about people need to buy a pc  %-(
    It's their own decision isn't it !!
    If you like to spend 1000 bucks for a proper gaming pc and every 4 months some more to upgrade, it's your choice.
    Others, like me too, choose the simplicity of buying a console, put a disc in it and game on. And if graphics or some other features aren't that great or implemented....I'm still having just as much fun...So who gives a ****
  • Anyone here want an invite code for Australia?
    I have one but now that my CSR PCB has failed for the third time and I'm still awaiting a reply from support (1 week and no reply to initial email) I'm going for an Accuforce
    Email me [email protected]. First in gets it
    Why would you do that when pCars is already out on PC and far superior to what the ps4 will get?
    Jason do you know how I can try a beta of project cars? I have it preordered but PCars does not have any beta downloads available.
  • Hmm, I am in the Project Cars Beta/alpha. I wonder what the news will be :) The wait for my csw v2 preorder to ship is killing meee >_<
    Because I don't own a gaming PC, they promised ps4 compatibility ( or at leased hinted on it ) .They seem to dangle the carrot and then pull it away, I'm really brassed off with all the speculation and waiting for information, don't won't to miss out on playing pcars on release day , been waiting for 3 years so think I may after order a thrustmaster, and so will many more, so sad really because the v2 is superb !
  • Hello Thomas,

I just want to know if the 30.1.2015 batch (EU) of CSW B V2 is on schedule or will there be any delays?

I am getting a bit anxious and the wait was already long :)
    Because I don't own a gaming PC, they promised ps4 compatibility ( or at leased hinted on it ) .They seem to dangle the carrot and then pull it away, I'm really brassed off with all the speculation and waiting for information, don't won't to miss out on playing pcars on release day , been waiting for 3 years so think I may after order a thrustmaster, and so will many more, so sad really because the v2 is superb !
    when did they say PS4? they said they wanted both, but so far only Xbox, and seeing the dev time for that, if PS4 happens it probably won't be until fall. 
  • I wouldn't hold my breath waiting on a ps4 compatibility. Ive never got the sense there was even a  serious hint about its availability. Ive pre-ordered every gran-tourismo thats come out so far.I buy sonys box faithfully over microsofts box because of that one game every generation.Im praying we get to use our fanatec stuff with the ps4 so i can use my v2(if it ever gets here) on gt7 but they havent gone within a mile of a ps4 compatibility question for a long now im losing faith.I hope to hell im wrong.My csr elites cross compatibility works so amazingly with gt6 and forza-4,its almost too good to be true ,I can only hope at some point we get some good news about ps4 but for now i dont even tease myself with the thought.Ill be really sour if gt7 comes out and I cant use the coolest wheel ive ever owned with it.What was the last gran-tourismo disc that actually offered full support for a fanatec wheel?it feels like sony is firmly in bed with thrustmaster like it used to be with Logitech.Does sony even care about fanatec?They dont have to,most gt racers use a hand controller id bet.Its all about $ $$$.Im not concerned about the pc racing world looking down on me.If i could afford to build a fast enough pc to do it Id be a pc sim person too,but for now its ps3 or bust
  • edited January 2015
    I think that the V2 will be PS4 Ready in Time... They Cant Speak on it Now but Just Read Between the Lines... He Said "News that will Make Many People Happy" Xbox1 People are Happy the Rim is Coming... the only 1's that arent Happy is the PS4 crowed i think He's Hinting at PS4 Compatibility... JMO... if you order a TM Wheel you will Regret it!!! I Have the TX wheel and T500 pedals for XB1 and Even on FM5 the Tx Feels like only Half the Wheel the V2 is and i Been using My V2 on PS3!!! When it Comes to PC the V2 Makes the TX Seem like a Waste of $$$. Be patient i believe PS4 Support is Coming...jmo
  • edited January 2015
    I agree with GD...Thomas just don't want to burn his fingers anymore on announcements that they can't live up to, due to various circumstances.
    He's had enough **** to deal with around the V2 base and still about his XOne announcement...So I totally get his point of view !!!!
    ALSO can I understand you PS 4 guys and girls....you feel left in the cold...but as Lisa pointed out, Sony is the only one to blame in this, imo.